• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Epilogue

"Hakuei, I-"

A blond man, with hair like pale spun gold, pulled her close to him with a startling firmness. The action elicited a gasp from the woman as she found herself the one being embraced this time, instead of the other way around. Tears that she had felt brimming at the edges of her eyes fell down her cheeks at the suddenness of the action, and she smiled at him. Wasn't he the one who held himself away from others, thinking they were better off without him?

His coat, as dark as midnight, fluttered about around her as he ducked his head down, his mouth forming words that soon became branded inside her.

It was strange how memory worked. She could remember them so clearly yet she couldn't even remember where her world ended and where the end began.

Who was he?

Who was she?

At the cusp of remembering; yet never coming fully to know what she needed to know.

"I don't regret meeting you."

Did she say that?

3dSzZaa.jpg

As the hold of the stasis imposed on her receded, the lingering warmth that she could have sworn she felt only a few moments ago immediately plunged into an almost icy cold. Air hissed from the unsealed pods, the cooled atmosphere inside them prickling her skin as she stirred and blue eyes slipped open. Once feeling worked its way back into her body, the princess gasped as the cold bit into her extremities, and with it, the lingering ache of something. It felt like she had come from a long and wearying journey, yet she was standing somewhere cold and dark.

Without thinking, Hakuei stepped forward, though the numb feeling in her limbs caused her to stumble none too gracefully onto her knees. The scrape of the ground on her palms was a familiar yet startling jolt further into wakefulness. She gasped again as she whipped her head up to look around.

"W-where..."

A feeling of confusion and worry stirred her stomach uneasily as she stared at the people beginning to walk around. Something felt familiar, she was on the edge of understanding something.

But what?

What happened?

Where was she?

And who were these familiar people?

She clasped a hand close to her chest, breathing a little unsteadily as her mind raced for answers.

Hakuei remembered fighting a demon, and the demon had won. Yet here she was, alive, and intact?

Some of the people here fought by her side, but in her memories that she saw through a thick fog, something felt missing.

Hakuei, I-

And with it came that odd feeling of longing that had pervaded ever since she had opened her eyes. She had to find him to give her answer. Finding strength returning to her once more, she pushed herself off the ground, stood herself up. Her eyes scanned the faces of the people that were already walking around, finding the same sense of wonder and awe, of fear and confusion on their faces. There was a silver-haired lady that gave her a feeling of strength and stability, and upon meeting her eyes for a moment, Hakuei gave Riesbyfe a faint smile before looking away. The lady was with two men who were talking to her, and they looked oddly enough happy and familiar with each other.

"Alucard... Road... Cagliostro... and Azura. Everyone..."

When she thought of that companionship she saw with those three, the names suddenly left her lips easily. Hakuei smiled, committing the names to memory once more.

"Where are you?"

@Sen @Crow @Azuremoon @Takumi @Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @C.T. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @york @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Gands @People​
James Proudstar Warpath

James gradually stirred within the plastic and metal chamber. The feel of fresh air on his face felt good. His mind felt foggy, scrambled. Eventually he sat up, this took more effort than it should have.

The first person he saw, was Reisbyfe. Memories of her, her bravery pushed their way out of the fog. Then he saw Clark, again, bravery, honor. Lucio... bravery, humor. Even thinking about him made his heart lift somewhat. Arkham knight, this look of hope didn't seem natural to him. The man has a lot of conflict on his mind. Lex ? he remembered the name and nothing more, aside from some negative thoughts between he and Clark.

He slowly painstakingly got up out of the tube.

" I recognize you people. Many as honored allies. Except him, for some reason ( pointing at Lex ) not him at all.
Let me see if I can say the names. Reisbyfe ( blinks) Holy Knight.. Clark Kent, man of honor, Lucio, man of music, Alice ? Arkham knight, man of rage who thinks I am guilty as fuck....Cagliostro, the most ... everything (grins ) Alchemist."

"Yes, home would be nice... but I may still have business in this place. "

@Sen @Crow @Azuremoon @Takumi @Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @C.T. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @york @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Gands @People
hN2Vruy.jpg

"Yep! That's why we're here, after all! I think," Kenji said cheerfully in response to Jason, just like before, "Of course, there's probably gonna be a small delay until we figure out where you come from, but... We'll figure it out!"

As for Alice, the boy put on an inquisitive look, pursing his lips as he put a finger to his chin thoughtfully. "I didn't think of that... There's really no one back home who would want you back? That's really sad. You shouldn't think like that!" He exclaimed in a non-helpful manner initially, though he came back around to giving a real answer shortly after, "Under normal circumstances, I think Mr. Alvin here and I are supposed to offer you membership with our organization, the Coalition, dedicated to protecting the great big multiverse and all that, buuut we're kinda... in a dump right now," Kenji chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck, "But I hear there's this new organization that we came around to working with recently called ODMA that we could take you too! They're... pretty much the exact same! I think! Umm... We can also take you to this place called Avalon if you just want to make a fresh start! You could become a farmer! Like me!" The blonde boy would go on to explain the options available for Alice.

When Cagliostro wasted no time in using her power to bind Luthor, the bumpkin-looking boy gasped in surprise, initially at the sudden display of power seemingly out of nowhere, before the indication of evidence that Luthor was a "bad man" reached his ears.

"Well, there's no need for the... rocks," Kenji said, casually punching the rock cuffs and causing them to miraculously shatter as though it were of little consequence, as it appeared the boy possessed a great deal of superhuman strength, "Because as long as everyone's truthful and civilized, like human nature is, then we can get to the bottom of this promptly! Riiight?" He inquired, placing a surprisingly firm hand on Luthor's shoulder.

@Josh M @Crow @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore
yO88Vgw.png

That familiar feeling of falling asleep for a long time was in his body and in his bones.
From what seemed like a long time ago, he remembered a time where he had left the ruins of Castlevania and went to a place buried deep underground, where odd brick walls were his only companions, pillars holding up the dilapidated underground room that housed a coffin painted a midnight black. That was his home for a while, a place for him to shut himself away in solitude because he had felt so guilty that he had killed his father. The man was a monster, and Alucard had no love for him, but he had done it - and he felt immense emotions that the dhampir couldn't understand.
yVnAusF.png

His eyes slowly fluttered open, memories pouring back into him so quickly that the dhampir's head throbbed painfully, almost as if a dam had broken and the water was pouring forth like a massive wave. Alucard brought his hands to his temple, rubbing at them to try and soothe away the pain. One hand gripped whatever was in front of him to support himself - the side of his pod - adjusting to the new light and environment, smells and sight.
The last he remembered was Diablo and... he cocked his head to the side, a woman with dark hair.

Hakuei.

0CIGu3T.png

He suddenly panicked. Where was Diablo? What had happened - what was their fate? Did they lose the battle against the demon? He patted down his body, wondering if it was truly his - or did he get possessed by the creature? It was hard to tell when the world was upside down, and having been thrown into this... new place.

Alucard looked around at somewhat familiar faces, nodding as bits and pieces began to come together in his mind, making sense to the dhampir, finally.

@Sen @Crow @Azuremoon @Takumi @Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @C.T. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @york @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Gands

"Being sealed for eons has made me kind of tired," Cagliostro says to Kenji with a yawn. "That Lex Luthor, well... tried to kill a good deal of us with a virus... not successful."

Pointing to Clark, Cagliostro says, "he did kill this guy's girlfriend or something. You know what, go get other witnesses, I have other things to attend to. Really important business. By the way, Lex Luthor, you better not mess with me the next time we meet, I'm a busy woman. Kid, you take care of that Luthor however you want."

Cagliostro then exclaims towards Hakuei, Alucard and Warpath with a grin.

9sPoTz7.png

"Hey! Am I ruining any happy moments?"

Cagliostro's call would attempt to break Hakuei and Alucard from their daze, as well as catch Warpath's attention.

Cagliostro continued to smile as her hand clutches her chest.​

@Josh M @Crow @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Gands

yO88Vgw.png

That familiar feeling of falling asleep for a long time was in his body and in his bones.
From what seemed like a long time ago, he remembered a time where he had left the ruins of Castlevania and went to a place buried deep underground, where odd brick walls were his only companions, pillars holding up the dilapidated underground room that housed a coffin painted a midnight black. That was his home for a while, a place for him to shut himself away in solitude because he had felt so guilty that he had killed his father. The man was a monster, and Alucard had no love for him, but he had done it - and he felt immense emotions that the dhampir couldn't understand.
yVnAusF.png

His eyes slowly fluttered open, memories pouring back into him so quickly that the dhampir's head throbbed painfully, almost as if a dam had broken and the water was pouring forth like a massive wave. Alucard brought his hands to his temple, rubbing at them to try and soothe away the pain. One hand gripped whatever was in front of him to support himself - the side of his pod - adjusting to the new light and environment, smells and sight.
The last he remembered was Diablo and... he cocked his head to the side, a woman with dark hair.

Hakuei.

0CIGu3T.png

He suddenly panicked. Where was Diablo? What had happened - what was their fate? Did they lose the battle against the demon? He patted down his body, wondering if it was truly his - or did he get possessed by the creature? It was hard to tell when the world was upside down, and having been thrown into this... new place.

Alucard looked around at somewhat familiar faces, nodding as bits and pieces began to come together in his mind, making sense to the dhampir, finally.

@Sen @Crow @Azuremoon @Takumi @Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @C.T. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @york @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Gands
"Being sealed for eons has made me kind of tired," Cagliostro says to Kenji with a yawn. "That Lex Luthor, well... tried to kill a good deal of us with a virus... not successful."

Pointing to Clark, Cagliostro says, "he did kill this guy's girlfriend or something. You know what, go get other witnesses, I have other things to attend to. Really important business. By the way, Lex Luthor, you better not mess with me the next time we meet, I'm a busy woman. Kid, you take care of that Luthor however you want."

Cagliostro then exclaims towards Hakuei, Alucard and Warpath with a grin.

9sPoTz7.png

"Hey! Am I ruining any happy moments?"

Cagliostro's call would attempt to break Hakuei and Alucard from their daze, as well as catch Warpath's attention.

Cagliostro continued to smile as her hand clutches her chest.​

@Josh M @Crow @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Gands
DAnR5c2.jpg

"Cagliostro?"

As Hakuei attempted to make sense of her surroundings, the memories came by in a slow, nearly frustrating trickle. She reached up and rubbed her forehead with a sigh, closing her eyes for a second. She remembered... So many bright flashes of light. A terrifying moment when Riesbyfe was the only thing standing between them and a wave of destruction from the demon himself. But last of all someone was protecting her with all his might, even if they all lost in the end.

Cagliostro's strident voice snapped back the images of the young-looking alchemist's face in her mind's eye. A petite figure with a smile that was larger than life itself, a strange yet magnificent creature by her side. The strange laugh and humor that the alchemist carried...

She turned and her feet carried her towards Cagliostro as if - Paimon? - was hastening her steps.

iD3giVw.png

"... I can't remember everything clearly," the princess admitted with a sigh, but smiled. "But I remember fighting alongside you, Cagliostro... I'm happy that we made it out of here..."

At what cost?

The thought made itself known to Hakuei, but upon hearing Cagliostro call out to Alucard, the princess sucked in a breath as if she had been hit. Slowly, she followed the alchemist's gaze towards where the dhampir stood.

The rush of memories as she saw that face hit her harder than anything had so far. Waking up from that cold, tomblike place, feeling the cold for the first time in what felt like an aeon, and remembering bits and pieces of what had happened - nothing came close to what she suddenly remembered, in full, devastating clarity, as her eyes sought out his face. It was like waking up from a very long, very deep, and very lonely sleep... And into life. She hadn't had all her memories back yet. Hakuei didn't know how she came to this place, and there were worrying gaps in her memories that were probably important later on-

But in this moment she knew she had never felt more alive than she did now.

y1dYvl8.png

Hakuei, I-

There was no time to be wasted.

She wasn't sure how she got to stand in front of Alucard so quickly, she wasn't sure what she was doing at all. Hakuei had no time for forging... Emotions deeper than the attachment between a general and her men, a mother and her children, and the bond between two friends. She could remember what she said to this dhampir. I could learn to admire you. She already did. What those feelings would lead to, the princess didn't know.

It wasn't love yet, but she would be lying to herself if she told either of them that she felt nothing.

Grabbing his collar, she pulled him down, lower, and lower until -

She closed her eyes and pressed forward until her lips met something soft. For someone with such an austere appearance towards him, Alucard had surprisingly tender lips...

It was nothing more than a soft peck despite the way she had pulled him down. Hakuei was only starting out, after all. They were only starting out. Still, she was smiling as she pulled away and looked him in the eye.

"That's my answer, Alucard."

Thank you for being the warmth that kept me company in that darkness.

@Sen @Crow @Azuremoon @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Myrmidon

James Proudstar Warpath

James smiled as Cagliostro seemed to bring the room to life in her own way.

Oh cutest most brilliant Alchemist, it is good to see you again. ( laughs ) There are some things in the universe that always get my attention, you are one of those things. I regret meeting none of you. You are all creatures of bravery and honor. As for me, as I have said, I feel as if there is as yet unfinished business for me. If this new .. Multiverse ? .. can use my poor excuse for skills, then as John Wayne said, I will stay and hit a lick or two."

He watches with yet another smile as Hakuei kissed Alucard.

" Maybe, I will find more reason to settle down too !"

@Josh M @Crow @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite

ce298dbd908f495094cb1e4d25d2a1a2.png

"W-Whoa, no need to be violent. Grandma always told me you should always be nice to everyone and everything, even walls!" Kenji exclaimed in response to Jason, before addressing his actual words, "Anyway, all you needed to do was ask nicely, and we'll take you riiight home!" He said cheerily. With his country bumpkin look, it was doubtful that the blonde boy was capable of much, though looks could be deceiving of course.

When Lex spoke, the boy walked over to him curiously, eyes wide. "Whoa... Your head is shiny!" He exclaimed, emphasizing Luthor's bald head, "Wait... You said Wesker? You weren't working with that bad man, were you, mister?!"

@Josh M @thatguyinthestore

"Then get me home." 18 had gotten out of her pod on shaky legs. "I...I need to see my family." It's been so long...they probably thought she was dead.

@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore

• Love
Reactions: Atomyk
hN2Vruy.jpg

"Yep! That's why we're here, after all! I think," Kenji said cheerfully in response to Jason, just like before, "Of course, there's probably gonna be a small delay until we figure out where you come from, but... We'll figure it out!"

As for Alice, the boy put on an inquisitive look, pursing his lips as he put a finger to his chin thoughtfully. "I didn't think of that... There's really no one back home who would want you back? That's really sad. You shouldn't think like that!" He exclaimed in a non-helpful manner initially, though he came back around to giving a real answer shortly after, "Under normal circumstances, I think Mr. Alvin here and I are supposed to offer you membership with our organization, the Coalition, dedicated to protecting the great big multiverse and all that, buuut we're kinda... in a dump right now," Kenji chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck, "But I hear there's this new organization that we came around to working with recently called ODMA that we could take you too! They're... pretty much the exact same! I think! Umm... We can also take you to this place called Avalon if you just want to make a fresh start! You could become a farmer! Like me!" The blonde boy would go on to explain the options available for Alice.

When Cagliostro wasted no time in using her power to bind Luthor, the bumpkin-looking boy gasped in surprise, initially at the sudden display of power seemingly out of nowhere, before the indication of evidence that Luthor was a "bad man" reached his ears.

"Well, there's no need for the... rocks," Kenji said, casually punching the rock cuffs and causing them to miraculously shatter as though it were of little consequence, as it appeared the boy possessed a great deal of superhuman strength, "Because as long as everyone's truthful and civilized, like human nature is, then we can get to the bottom of this promptly! Riiight?" He inquired, placing a surprisingly firm hand on Luthor's shoulder.

"...I've spent my entire life fighting," Alice said. "I think I would like to try something new. What is this Avalon?"

@Verite

Azura was slow to come to, groaning softly the Princess found her heavy eyelids lifting after a little bit of effort. Where was she? What had happened? After a long moment of thinking, all sound muffled she remembered what had last happened.

Diablo won. Or did he really? She was still alive, and sore, so there was that. Pulling herself out of the chamber she stumbled, before rubbing her eyes with the palms of her hands and righting herself. She stared at both familiar faces and not so familiar faces. But one she searched for, slowly starting to worry when she didn't instantly find him amongst the others.

Though seeing Cagliostro, Hakuei and Alucard, Azura did see the moment between Alucard and Hakuei, deciding not to interrupt. She did give Cagliostro a nod of acknowledgement though.

@Verite @Atomyk @Crow @Hana @Sen @The Myrmidon @Everyone

Ries11.png

"Clark and Lucio... I see," Riesbyfe mumbled to herself, as though taking in the names for the very first time. She briefly closed her eyes, as if to think on the names, before looking at the two men before her.

"Yes, I think I vaguely remember... S.H.I.E.L.D., and a man with an eyepatch who was involved in some manner. Road, Senna, Blake... These names are no more familiar to me than yours, I'm afraid," Riesbyfe said somberly, looking over at the other individuals just coming out of their pods, "I assume those three are... somewhere over there?"

Curious. The Holy Knight could only imagine what this must be for them, she felt so guilty. For her, it had been many months of trying to piece together everything, and only now did the answer stumble upon her doorstep. Meanwhile, these people... Suspended in animation for who knows how long, only beginning to come to again now. The fight with this Diablo, the moments that had transpired with them... It must have felt like hardly even a day for them.

And yet, it felt like an eternity ago for Riesbyfe.

Once the two inquired of a woman named Lana, the silver-haired maiden furrowed her brow intensely, as a strange pain suddenly assaulted her head for a brief moment, though it subsided quickly enough. She was hit with a stroke of... sadness as the name was heard, as though it was associated with a tragedy.

"Lana... Lana Lang... Was it?" She inquired, attempting to remember more, "That name... I do faintly recall that name. Perhaps in time, it shall come back to me now that you all have been recovered. But at this current moment, I only say, for some reason, that name evokes a sense of... pity from me," she said, staring into space for a brief moment in silence, before facing Clark all of a sudden.

"... She was important to you, wasn't she?"

@Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT
"Yeah. You could say. She was everything to me. She was murdered. You were there for me. You reminded me how strong I was. I'll owe you that, Riesbyfe."

All the emotion about Lana flowed out of Clark.Fighting tears, Clark took a step back. Lana needed justice.

Epilogue Part I
Sleeping Beauty

Cagliostro awakens from a slumber, again. Emerging from the pod, she looks left and right.

"Are you serious? Being sealed again?" she grumbled, then looks at everyone's pods. "Huh, I guess Dablo really never was able to defeat me."

Oh right, this time, it wasn't just her, it was everyone.

It was time to head home, but she wanted a formal goodbye to her formiddable allies - Hakuei, Alucard, Road, Azura... and a few.

Cagliostro's first instinct was to look at the pods containing Hakuei, Alucard, Road and Azura

"So, this is it, huh? Well, I'm not leaving until I have a word with them. After that, I can head back to Phantagrande to see how things are."

Cagliostro looks around - to see Risebyfe.

R2ZcZRE.png

"Hey~ hey~ Riesbyfe~ do you at least remember the cutest, genius, most beautiful alchemist, Cagliostro~" she gives a wink towards the Holy Maiden.

"Oh, Clark, you're here too," Cagliostro smiles at Clark. "I have a gift for you~"

Cagliostro opens her hand - to reveal a green crystal, but wait!

"Teehee~! Fooled you~ That wasn't kryptonite at all~!" Cagliostro sticks her tongue out as she puts the green crystal away. "Real talk, though, Clark Kent. I just want you to know that... well... keep doing what you do."

Cagliostro turned to Lucio with an indirect apology for mocking his music.

"Well Lucio, perhaps I underestimated your musical capabilities. Your musical capabilities have aided us well. I am impressed. Well, you two go on back home, I'll be waiting for the others."

Cagliostro turns to her in-stasis acquaintances - Alucard, Hakuei, Road and Azura. While doing so, she identifies one man - Lex Luthor.

"Oh, Lex Luthor is going to absolutely pay! He will feel my wrath! Ars-"

Clark's presence caused Cagliostro to pause. She smirks for a bit as she alters the earth beneath them to lock Lex Luthor's legs in rock-cuffs.

"Well," Cagliostro says to Clark Kent, "he did say he's seen lawyers more intimidating." Turning to the various Coalition agents, Cagliostro says in a voice most bubbly. "Hey~ we've got enough witness reports to arrest this reeeaaally bad man~."
@Verite @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Takumi
Lex didn't flinch as the stone surrender him, mostly due to the man trying to gain his breath.

hN2Vruy.jpg

"If you think I'm going to say anything with out a lawyer, you're mistaken."

Clark would turn to Kenji. Smirking, Clark couldn't help but laugh. It seems he wasn't the only farm boy who super strong. Putting his hand on the young boy's shoulder, Clark would look down at Lex.

"Yes. Lex was Wesker's partner, from what I gathered. He also staged the murder of Lana Lang during their partnership."

Clark paused as he felt conflicted. Clark had forgiven the man, but Clark knew Lana need justice. Sighing, Clark pointed to Shirou.

"He murdered Lana of his own free will. He's just as guilty as Lex."

@Sen @Crow @Azuremoon @Takumi @Verite @Sen @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @C.T. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @york @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Gands

Last edited:
Reactions: Hana
hN2Vruy.jpg

Jason let out a sigh and went back over to the wall with his flask.

"Well hurry up, will ya? Who knows what happened in Gotham while I was gone.."

@Verite

Shirou sat up from the pod with a long groan. Was he sleeping? How long had it been? Well no matter the answer, what mattered was that he was free now. He felt strangely well-rested. Normally if someone slept too long they felt kind of sore. Not that this was an ordinary nap or anything, but still.

"Hup."

He put his hands on the side of the pod and forced himself out, taking a look around to orient himself. Didn't recognize this place, that was for sure. He reached into his pockets, and his cigarettes and lighter were still there. Guess there wasn't a no smoking policy around here. He lit one up, letting his mental state settle down. His mind was in a bit of a mess, but that was nothing he couldn't deal with. His name was Shirou Yusa. He'd been pulled to an unfamiliar place. And then he was fighting Diablo, along with some others. Other people like-

rsz_kyoshiro0912_by_teh_zombish-dat7bzs.jpg

Darkness.

Cold.

Emptiness.

All things that Setsuna felt with overwhelming intensity over all of the time that passed. When she faded out for the final time, body going completely limp, she could only hope that the others would manage to recover at the very least, even if she did not. Yeah... The thought of that was nice. Internally, she smiled as she considered it, eyes fluttering closed despite her determined attempts. Fighting til her last moments... How fitting for a being explicitly created for destruction and havoc.

If only they knew she was fighting for anything but.

I'm sorry.

rsz_thumb_kyoshiro_to_towa_no_sora_01_by_teh_zombish-dat7dvw.jpg

Odd. Setsuna could have sworn she wasn't alive, but she could feel her eyes opening again and her fingers twitching as she came to. And this... This didn't quite feel like the livid memories she'd been reliving, over and over, for the past - well, however long she had been out for. The blonde squinted as she came to and her pod opened, feeling an odd sense of deja vu as she saw the setting. This was much like the first time she could ever fully recall awakening, back in Ayanakoji labs. --Wait. Was that where she was, now? Frowning faintly, Setsuna attempted to take a step forward, out of her pod, mind fuzzy as she tried to make everything out. But as she moved, something hit her like a wall of bricks. A memory.

"..Sh-Shir-... Ahhh...!"

She didn't get to finish the word. The name that was the first thing she fully recalled, save for the memory of the lab. But it didn't fully roll off of her tongue, cut off when something else hit her with intensity and knocked her off her feet. Pain. Pain unlike any other, causing her to crumple with a whimper. "Nnn...." Unfortunate those pods hadn't magically healed everyone. Setsuna still felt overwhelmed and unable to fully convince her body to do as her mind willed.
-like Setsuna. Though apparently sitting around in a pod wasn't as relaxing for her as it was for him. Walking over to her, he crouched down and put a hand over her forehead. He doubted it was something like a fever or cold, but he was no doctor.

"Yo, Setsuna. Somehow kinda feels like it's been awhile, huh? Can ya get up?"

Even though he asked that, her whimpering made it kind of clear to him that even if she could, it wouldn't be comfortable. So instead, he just picked her up himself, planning to go take her to whatever kind of medical facilities this place may have had. Before he could do that though, something else came up.
"Yeah. You could say. She was everything to me. She was murdered. You were there for me. You reminded me how strong I was. I'll owe you that, Riesbyfe."

All the emotion about Lana flowed out of Clark.Fighting tears, Clark took a step back. Lana needed justice.

Lex didn't flinch as the stone surrender him, mostly due to the man trying to gain his breath.

Clark would turn to Kenji. Smirking, Clark couldn't help but laugh. It seems he wasn't the only farm boy who super strong. Putting his hand on the young boy's shoulder, Clark would look down at Lex.

"Yes. Lex was Wesker's partner, from what I gathered. He also staged the murder of Lana Lang during their partnership."

Clark paused as he felt conflicted. Clark had forgiven the man, but Clark knew Lana need justice. Sighing, Clark pointed to Shirou.

@Sen @Crow @Azuremoon @Takumi @Verite @Sen @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @C.T. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @york @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Gands

Oh yeah, he did do that, didn't he? Now that it'd been mentioned, he remembered it clearly. He couldn't say that he liked killing her, but it was also true that he'd probably do the same thing if he was put in the same situation. He decided on his life over hers, and there wasn't anything interesting to be gained by letting her live.

To him, at least. Certainly for Clark, it was entirely different.

"Guilty as charged~"

He answered casually, as though found guilty of sneaking a bite of someone's lunch. He wanted to wave too, but his hands were a bit full for that.

"So? What happens to me, then? Do I go to jail? Do some community service? Honestly, I'm not feeling too much for those options right now."

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @Verite @whoever else​

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
For a time, the entire world had been blank to Blake Dormi. He wasn't sure how long it had been this way, but he longed for some type of change. If he recalled correctly, he remembered the last thing he did before everything was shut off from reality... that he had grabbed a hold of Senna's hand... and whispered out words he wasn't even sure that she heard from him.

Stay with me.

I'm here.

We're together.

I love you.

He felt as if he had said all of those things to her, and he had wished he had said those things in a more peaceful time. But to him, that may have been the only time he had to say all of that. To Blake, it felt better to say it then than to never have at all. Nice thing he knew after that, there was nothing. Everything ceased to feel like reality. He felt as if he had no body. Certain memories began to feel like fantasies. Time was nonexistent. And yet... he only experienced a dreadful loneliness...

Despite the fact that his brain was shut off and sent him into a comatose state like most, Blake's consciousness never actually shut off completely, and rather it was drifted off to a limbo-like realm. He couldn't explain it well, but occasionally he would hear that iconic static that would echo in his ears when he was conscious... along with a voice that was masked with that same static.

There wasn't really much conversation, if Blake's memory proved to be stable enough in this limbo. It was more of the voice's offhand comments and Blake's inability to grab the voice's attention. He wasn't too sure how communication worked between them, if this voice was indeed an actual living person, but it felt like this voice knew what he was thinking about at every given moment. Unlike most meaningless conversations that they "shared," this one would be their last...

"It's soon."

W... What's soon?

"We won't be able to talk so much after this. You should be glad."

Huh... you actually responded to me... whoever you are. After all of this time...

"Because there is a reason why I have to inform you, Blake. Remember when you were cut off from reality? When something had cut off your brain activity completely? Normally a person would be comatose... actually, you are comatose as of now. You should've known that from the start... but I had my play with you. I knew you would feel lonely, so I decide... well, to bring your consciousness to where you could hear me."

A-ah... that makes... a lot of sense... I think? Aren't you the same person that hacked into my codec and caused me to have that static in my head?

"Correct. I needed to do an experiment for the sake of my research, but at the cost of moving you right into the hands of Umbrella... I deeply apologize if that's intruding to you."

Y... You sent me into a living hell... for the sake of your research?!

"But hey, because of my interference, you aren't alone in comatose land~"

True... but what's going on? Why are you telling me that I'm going to be waking up from this coma all of a sudden? Why tell me this if you wouldn't respond to me beforehand?

"About that... It's true that you'll be awake and possibly return to normal life after this... but from my extensive research to see if I can do you a favor and send you back... Unfortunately..."

Unfortunately... what?

"... the timeline that you came from... it's gone."

Y... You can't be serious.

"I'm serious. I don't know how... but it's like the timeline had been wiped out completely... I... I'm sorry if this is hard to take in... or that you don't trust me... but it's the truth..."

But... my...

"Your sisters? I've overheard you say so much about how you wanted to protect them... I also hoped that your timeline was stable so you could see them again once you were able to wake up... but I'm sorry..."

If it wasn't for the case that Blake had no grip on his physical body, he would've let out all of the tears he could. He promised he would protect his sisters... He promised that he would live a happy life with them... After all of his efforts before being involved... they were gone.

"Well... the sisters that you've grown up with... they're gone. However, they aren't gone completely. Alternative timelines exist where they are still around... but the problem with that is..."

They probably have their own Blake, is that it? Because if that's the case, I'm not sure if I can live with taking them away from my other self.

"Should've known you would say that. Anyways... I've uploaded a little something to your PWM cube. I'm not sure where you would want to be dropped off to, because if I simply took you to another timeline, you wouldn't be pleased with what I do. That sounds like a headache I aim to avoid..."

Alright... that's fine with me. But... I want to clarify something... if it was you telling me this during that whole mess... If you wanted to see a different tale being made... why choose me? Why am I important for that?

"... you're going to be waking up soon, and you ask me the most complicated question? If only we had more time... for now, I'll give you the short answer. It's because you're a catalyst for all sorts of different timelines, different tales to be made. I won't try to interfere on what you wish to do after you wake up, but keep in mind that you're weaving up a completely new story, a new timeline, by just existing. I'll observe from afar, so keep on... building up that new tale, alright?"

Blake wanted to ask on what all of that meant, but the voice speaking to him had gone silent. Just as the voice warned that time grew short, Blake started to feel something again... as if he was given back his body, as if he was given back a place in the world...

---

tumblr_inline_ng0i9vxuIq1shpc29.png

"N... ngh..."

Little by little, everything was coming back to Blake. Just the shock of returning to reality after being comatose for god knows how long, that shock was something Blake had to adjust and get used to until he had fully recovered. After a few moments of actually waking up, Blake tried to take one step out of the pod that he was apparently in, and almost collapsing over from that one step alone.

When did I get in that... pod?

Grabbing the side of the pod to keep himself standing, Blake remembered what the voice had told him. That his original timeline was gone... and that he was given something by the voice through his PWM cube.

"... PWM... activate."

While Blake wasn't sure how it would come up, all he had to do was say that activation voice command, and a holographic display console appeared in front of him. All of his battle protocols were in place as he navigated the strange menus, but also found a function that was probably put there by that voice.

"Dimensional... transportation?"

He wasn't sure how such a thing was put onto his little device, but he didn't want to accidentally use it. Not when there was another thing on his mind as he deactivated the cube for now.

"S... Senna... That's right, Senna!"

Realizing about Senna, Blake stumbled in his steps, hoping to find her here and ignoring everything else. He had to know that she was safe, especially when he was informed by that voice that he essentially lost everything.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @others
A suffocating feeling plagued Senna as she looked outward, watching as Diablo would be victorious over their group. The girl closed her eyes and contorted her facial expression in discomfort. The emotion she felt was that of pure helplessness. It was a feeling she had experienced so many times in her life...

Senna felt helpless when her father hit her so hard over the head that it killed her.

Senna felt helpless when Ganryu kidnapped her and took her into the Dangai Precipice World.

Senna felt helpless when she died for the second time, limp on Ichigo's back after giving all her energy to save Earth and the Soul Society.

And so they say, history repeats itself. Here she was again, feeling like her hands were tied. There was not a thing in the world she could do save herself. Although, this time the feeling was worse. Blake and the others, people she cared for, were with her and they were taking the fall too.

Awaiting the inevitable end, Senna would turn to Blake as he grabbed her hand. She choked upon hearing him say such sweet words, feeling an overwhelming pang of loss hit her chest.

"I-I have my answer. Yes, I do want to go on a date date with you. There's no time like the present, so how about tomorrow? L-Lets go to the mall. I need to buy a new ribbon. Then we could go and eat. I-I never get to do that. It'll be fun, right?"

"Right?"

The young soul reaper would garner no response from Blake. It was already too late....

It was over.

Senna fell into a deep sleep, thinking at first that she was dead. But, oddly enough, she was okay with this. She had already died twice. As far as she was concerned, her time with Blake and the others was a gift, one she hadn't been expecting. If her gift of a third chance at life was to be taken away now, so be it. She would always treasure the extra life she had been given, especially her time with Blake and Miku.

Due to having experienced little in life, however, while Senna slept she never had an dreams. Her sleep was hollow, empty. She was in a place of eternal blackness, a place where she was alone and lost. It was if all sense of time was lost to her, and all that she knew seems to fade into oblivion.

But that wasn't so.

After a long slumber, the soul reaper awoke. So very disoriented, Senna wasn't even sure of who she was at first. She made her way out of the pod and stared at it with blank eyes.

"How did I--?"

The girl looked around at the others.

I recognize them, but it's hard to remember. Who are they?

Somewhere through the crowd, however, Senna would finally spot Blake and feel her heart lurch in her chest. Her eyes even teared up a little.

Who is that? Why do I feel so... emotional?

And then, a name came to her mind.

"Blake?"

Wait, I remember now!

"Blake!"

The girl shouted at the top of her lungs before trying to stumble in his direction. She would fall on her knees, however, her body weak from having slept for so long.

@Gummi Bunnies @Others​

"Then get me home." 18 had gotten out of her pod on shaky legs. "I...I need to see my family." It's been so long...they probably thought she was dead.

@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore
"...I've spent my entire life fighting," Alice said. "I think I would like to try something new. What is this Avalon?"

@Verite
Jason let out a sigh and went back over to the wall with his flask.

"Well hurry up, will ya? Who knows what happened in Gotham while I was gone.."

@Verite
Kenji nodded to 18 and Jason, pointing in the direction that he, Alvin, and Alter Ego had arrived in. "We need to tend to some of the others who might be also confused, so in the meantime, just go down the path and out of the building, and Ms. Frizzle will be waiting for you to take you home. She's really nice! You can find her in the big yellow bus!" The boy instructed, before turning to Alice.

"Avalon's basically a great big safe haven for people who don't have anywhere to go, or don't want to go home, perfect for a new fresh start! Like farming! Crops can't pull themselves out after all, just like how cows can't take themselves to pasture!" He exclaimed enthusiastically, as though excited at the idea of interesting someone in farming.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi

Cagliostro looks around - to see Risebyfe.

R2ZcZRE.png

"Hey~ hey~ Riesbyfe~ do you at least remember the cutest, genius, most beautiful alchemist, Cagliostro~" she gives a wink towards the Holy Maiden.​

b018f42c4ae14d10bd02e39f989e75ee.png

"I do remember a number of little girls running around," Riesbyfe sighed somewhat exasperatedly as Cagliostro made herself known to her and the others. Still, the light-heartedness was not to last, as Clark would appear to respond to her earlier inquiry, to which the maiden would give a serious look.

A look of pity, but like with the name "Lana," she wasn't sure why she felt a swell of pity.

Perhaps she did remember it all, but it was simply locked away, waiting to be opened up once again into her conscious mind. But if this was the best that could be accessed at this current time...

Ries11.png

"I see..." Riesbyfe only murmured softly when Clark spoke, taking a moment to recall such events and how she must have felt back then, before continuing, "I know not what it is like to lose a lover like that, as I remember my life before all this more vividly than this... Murder Game business now, as they call it, but... My condolences. I regret not being able to recall going through these... affecting experiences, but this is the best that I am able to give. I'm sorry."

@Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Last edited:
Alvin crossed his arms and sighed. "Keep in mind it can be a bit of a process. You've become involved in a multiversal affair and for that reason, we'll need to go over who you are and where you're from. You shouldn't be too inconvenienced."

As for this murder matter...

jnczvFD.png

"Look, you guys," he said in Clark's and the others' direction. "We were already informed of Lex Luthor's actions. We're also aware of these murders, but you people would hardly be the first to--"

MRqBmkw.png

"Oh, wait, I guess you guys were the first, huh? Here's the thing, if you want to make a statement on this Lana girl, then we'll need to detain you for a time. In fact, I may not even give you a choice in the matter. If everything's squared up, then you'd be free to go home."

@Josh M @Kaykay @Crow @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Gands

The gentle chiming of bells. Likely unnoticeable to the majority of the group, but it was something that simultaneously calmed and focused Setsuna, making her fists clench as she made another attempt to get to her feet. Attempt, of course, being the key word. But failure did not mean her actions lacked effort, for the process was strenuous and-- Wait. That voice... Could it really be....​
Shirou sat up from the pod with a long groan. Was he sleeping? How long had it been? Well no matter the answer, what mattered was that he was free now. He felt strangely well-rested. Normally if someone slept too long they felt kind of sore. Not that this was an ordinary nap or anything, but still.

"Hup."

He put his hands on the side of the pod and forced himself out, taking a look around to orient himself. Didn't recognize this place, that was for sure. He reached into his pockets, and his cigarettes and lighter were still there. Guess there wasn't a no smoking policy around here. He lit one up, letting his mental state settle down. His mind was in a bit of a mess, but that was nothing he couldn't deal with. His name was Shirou Yusa. He'd been pulled to an unfamiliar place. And then he was fighting Diablo, along with some others. Other people like-

-like Setsuna. Though apparently sitting around in a pod wasn't as relaxing for her as it was for him. Walking over to her, he crouched down and put a hand over her forehead. He doubted it was something like a fever or cold, but he was no doctor.

Even though he asked that, her whimpering made it kind of clear to him that even if she could, it wouldn't be comfortable. So instead, he just picked her up himself, planning to go take her to whatever kind of medical facilities this place may have had. Before he could do that though, something else came up.

Oh yeah, he did do that, didn't he? Now that it'd been mentioned, he remembered it clearly. He couldn't say that he liked killing her, but it was also true that he'd probably do the same thing if he was put in the same situation. He decided on his life over hers, and there wasn't anything interesting to be gained by letting her live.

"Guilty as charged~"

He answered casually, as though found guilty of sneaking a bite of someone's lunch. He wanted to wave too, but his hands were a bit full for that.

"So? What happens to me, then? Do I go to jail? Do some community service? Honestly, I'm not feeling too much for those options right now."

"Shirou...?"

There was a new tone to her voice, one she had not shown before. A brokeness, mixed with disbelief of a sad, but pleasant sort. Her gaze had instantly shot upwards to regard the male with wide eyes that were quick to fill with tears. For a moment, her lip trembled, mouth opening and closing as she struggled to form words. But in a burst, they came out, a decent portion of her little remaining strength used to weakly throw her arms around the male in an embrace as words poured from her lips, streaming freely like the memories that had begun to flow back into her mind quite clearly.

rsz_setsu_by_teh_zombish-dauzf0b.jpg

"I'm sorry, Shirou...!" she cried, for once not prioritizing answering his question first. "I'm so sorry...! I failed you... I-I..." Breathing heavily between her words, Setsuna cringed, quivering slightly. "...I'm sorry...."

Please forgive me, Shirou-- ..Huh?

Blinking through tears with surprise, Setsuna was admittedly not expecting to have been lifted up by Shirou. In fact, she fully expected him to scold her, perhaps simply turn his back without a word and leave her. It was what Kyoushirou would have done, anyways. Yet, here he was, lifting her worn form off the floor with no sign of disappointment in her. She could only stare at him through her tears, unsure what to say and in complete, obvious awe. "Shirou..."

"...?"

Slowly snapping out of her awed seeming trance, the exasperated and broken angel weakly managed a glance at Clark as he threw his accusations... That were, well, not exactly wrong. Shirou had killed Lana, but Clark wasn't saying everything. And, well, perhaps the man of steel didn't know everything, period. There was one piece only Setsuna had heard, after all. Which was why she took it upon herself to voice her thoughts, even weakly attempting to wriggle free of Shirou's arms to stand on her own before him. She was supposed to protect him. Not the other way around. But she wasn't exactly in the condition to do so. "N... No," she defended, despite being helpless in the redheads arms.

Despite her voice being somewhat hoarse and broken, likely due to her crying, she continued. "Shirou did what he believed was right. He was trying to save the others... all of you," she murmured. Briefly, she winced, but pushed through to get her words across. "...If you wish to punish someone, take me instead. S-Shirou asked me to disarm 'Lex' so Lana's death would not be necessary to save the group, but I... I-I failed...."

I won't let you hurt him.

@Kaykay @Josh M @Verite @Whoevs​

Last edited:
Kenji nodded to 18 and Jason, pointing in the direction that he, Alvin, and Alter Ego had arrived in. "We need to tend to some of the others who might be also confused, so in the meantime, just go down the path and out of the building, and Ms. Frizzle will be waiting for you to take you home. She's really nice! You can find her in the big yellow bus!" The boy instructed, before turning to Alice.

"Avalon's basically a great big safe haven for people who don't have anywhere to go, or don't want to go home, perfect for a new fresh start! Like farming! Crops can't pull themselves out after all, just like how cows can't take themselves to pasture!" He exclaimed enthusiastically, as though excited at the idea of interesting someone in farming.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi

Epilogue: Arkham Knight

Todd would stand up and stretch out before putting his flask away and following the path to the bus, getting inside of the fucking weird bus with a face and allowing it to take him back to his own world. About damn time.

Gotham City
Upon returning to Gotham, Jason looked around at the city and just smiled. For once, he was actually happy to be back in this shithole of a city. As soon as he got out of that weird LSD bus Todd flicked on his comms and contacted his sergeant.

"Sergeant, this is Arkham Knight. I need an APC unit at my location ASAP."

"S-sir? You're alive? You've been missing for weeks now! What the hell happened?" The militia soldier asked in a startled tone as if he was speaking to a ghost. To the unnamed soldier, he thought he was. Jason simply chuckled and shook his head, and though it wasn't visible to the soldier, hearing his boss chuckle was definitely something he didn't hear often, aside from a sarcastic snide one.

"It's a... it's a long story, Sergeant. One that would take too long to explain. But right now I need that APC at my location."

"Right away, sir!" The soldier said with a nod before dispatching an APC to his location. Soon a maroon and white APC arrived along with two smaller military vehicles guarding it. Jason climbed into the vehicle and sat down. There was one soldier driving and another in the back with Jason to ensure his safety. The soldier nodded to him, to which Todd returned said nod.

"Take me back to base." He said. His request was met with the usual "yes sir" before the APC sped down the streets of Gotham and towards one of the many safehouses Jason had set up in Gotham. When he arrived at the base Jason was met with a barrage of soldiers and tanks, all standing there at the entrance idlely as they waited for orders.

latest

"At ease." Was all the Knight said as he passed the hundreds of tanks, drones, soldiers, and squad cars. The soldiers simply walked off into the building to train or they just remained outside. Todd also walked into the base only to be met with a pleasant surprise standing right in front of him.

batman-arkhamknight-scarecrow.jpg

"Knight..." The man said in a deep, grovely voice. Jason simply nodded.

"Crane. What a pleasant surprise." Jason said, trying to sound as respectful as possible to the man who organized most of this plan to begin with. Jason mainly just supplied the resources.

"Yes, I'm sure it is. Though, I could be saying the same to you, seeing as you've been missing for the past three weeks." Scarecrow said, his voice not changing tone in the slightest.

"I know I was, but I'll have to explain it all to you later sir. Right now, I gotta catch up on some things." He said before trying to walk past Scarecrow. Crane stopped him by simply holding out an arm, blocking his path.

"Not so fast, Knight. I came here to inform you that the Cloudburst is nearly charged. It is time to initiate our attack." Jason nodded before gathering several vials of fear toxin and putting them on his belt.

"Yes sir. I'll drop these in the vents at the diner, just as planned." He said before walking out and grappling up onto a building. Bruce had abandoned him when he needed him most, replaced him with some kid. Left him to rot in that abandoned wing of Arkham for over a year... with him.

6_20.jpg

Last edited:

"Hup."

"Guilty as charged~"

Alvin crossed his arms and sighed. "Keep in mind it can be a bit of a process. You've become involved in a multiversal affair and for that reason, we'll need to go over who you are and where you're from. You shouldn't be too inconvenienced."

As for this murder matter...

jnczvFD.png

"Look, you guys," he said in Clark's and the others' direction. "We were already informed of Lex Luthor's actions. We're also aware of these murders, but you people would hardly be the first to--"

MRqBmkw.png

"Oh, wait, I guess you guys were the first, huh? Here's the thing, if you want to make a statement on this Lana girl, then we'll need to detain you for a time. In fact, I may not even give you a choice in the matter. If everything's squared up, then you'd be free to go home."

@Josh M @Kaykay @Crow @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Gands

"Well, I honestly don't believe I have anything else to add on this Lana matter," Cagliostro shrugs. Looking at Clark and Shirou's interaction, she chuckles. "Ha. Typical. So anyways, if there's anything else you need to ask, make it snappy."

Cagliostro seemed a little shaky based on her movements.​

@Atomyk @Verite @Josh M @Kaykay

DAnR5c2.jpg

"Cagliostro?"

As Hakuei attempted to make sense of her surroundings, the memories came by in a slow, nearly frustrating trickle. She reached up and rubbed her forehead with a sigh, closing her eyes for a second. She remembered... So many bright flashes of light. A terrifying moment when Riesbyfe was the only thing standing between them and a wave of destruction from the demon himself. But last of all someone was protecting her with all his might, even if they all lost in the end.

Cagliostro's strident voice snapped back the images of the young-looking alchemist's face in her mind's eye. A petite figure with a smile that was larger than life itself, a strange yet magnificent creature by her side. The strange laugh and humor that the alchemist carried...

She turned and her feet carried her towards Cagliostro as if - Paimon? - was hastening her steps.

iD3giVw.png

"... I can't remember everything clearly," the princess admitted with a sigh, but smiled. "But I remember fighting alongside you, Cagliostro... I'm happy that we made it out of here..."

At what cost?

The thought made itself known to Hakuei, but upon hearing Cagliostro call out to Alucard, the princess sucked in a breath as if she had been hit. Slowly, she followed the alchemist's gaze towards where the dhampir stood.

The rush of memories as she saw that face hit her harder than anything had so far. Waking up from that cold, tomblike place, feeling the cold for the first time in what felt like an aeon, and remembering bits and pieces of what had happened - nothing came close to what she suddenly remembered, in full, devastating clarity, as her eyes sought out his face. It was like waking up from a very long, very deep, and very lonely sleep... And into life. She hadn't had all her memories back yet. Hakuei didn't know how she came to this place, and there were worrying gaps in her memories that were probably important later on-

y1dYvl8.png

Hakuei, I-

She wasn't sure how she got to stand in front of Alucard so quickly, she wasn't sure what she was doing at all. Hakuei had no time for forging... Emotions deeper than the attachment between a general and her men, a mother and her children, and the bond between two friends. She could remember what she said to this dhampir. I could learn to admire you. She already did. What those feelings would lead to, the princess didn't know.

It wasn't love yet, but she would be lying to herself if she told either of them that she felt nothing.

She closed her eyes and pressed forward until her lips met something soft. For someone with such an austere appearance towards him, Alucard had surprisingly tender lips...

It was nothing more than a soft peck despite the way she had pulled him down. Hakuei was only starting out, after all. They were only starting out. Still, she was smiling as she pulled away and looked him in the eye.

@Sen @Crow @Azuremoon @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Myrmidon

James Proudstar Warpath

James smiled as Cagliostro seemed to bring the room to life in her own way.

Oh cutest most brilliant Alchemist, it is good to see you again. ( laughs ) There are some things in the universe that always get my attention, you are one of those things. I regret meeting none of you. You are all creatures of bravery and honor. As for me, as I have said, I feel as if there is as yet unfinished business for me. If this new .. Multiverse ? .. can use my poor excuse for skills, then as John Wayne said, I will stay and hit a lick or two."

He watches with yet another smile as Hakuei kissed Alucard.

" Maybe, I will find more reason to settle down too !"

@Josh M @Crow @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite

Azura was slow to come to, groaning softly the Princess found her heavy eyelids lifting after a little bit of effort. Where was she? What had happened? After a long moment of thinking, all sound muffled she remembered what had last happened.

Diablo won. Or did he really? She was still alive, and sore, so there was that. Pulling herself out of the chamber she stumbled, before rubbing her eyes with the palms of her hands and righting herself. She stared at both familiar faces and not so familiar faces. But one she searched for, slowly starting to worry when she didn't instantly find him amongst the others.

Though seeing Cagliostro, Hakuei and Alucard, Azura did see the moment between Alucard and Hakuei, deciding not to interrupt. She did give Cagliostro a nod of acknowledgement though.

@Verite @Atomyk @Crow @Hana @Sen @The Myrmidon @Everyone

"So you do remember me. I do make it an effort to make myself... difficult to forget after all. Marking myself in history is an extension of a few of my talents," Cagliostro boasts towards Hakuei.

Cagliostro nods as Hakuei connected with Alucard.

"I knew that was going to happen," Cagliostro says silently, so as to not interrupt the two, then turns to Warpath. "I too have curiousity about the Multiverse. However, I believe that I should find my own methods to trot the worlds. If you ever need my wisdom, I'll be in the Phantagrande Skydom. I get around, so I can't be more specific than that. If the Cagliostro you encounter isn't me... well... I don't think that'll happen, but if I was in your shoes, I'd prove my worth."

Cagliostro's last sentence was followed with a wink.

Cagliostro clutches her chest once again, followed by a cough or two.

"Something tells me I'll need to be in the Interview Room for a while. I hope the process is quick, because I have a little... something to tell you all."​

@Sen @Hana @Gands @Takumi

Reactions: Takumi and Gands

A suffocating feeling plagued Senna as she looked outward, watching as Diablo would be victorious over their group. The girl closed her eyes and contorted her facial expression in discomfort. The emotion she felt was that of pure helplessness. It was a feeling she had experienced so many times in her life...

Senna felt helpless when her father hit her so hard over the head that it killed her.

Senna felt helpless when Ganryu kidnapped her and took her into the Dangai Precipice World.

Senna felt helpless when she died for the second time, limp on Ichigo's back after giving all her energy to save Earth and the Soul Society.

And so they say, history repeats itself. Here she was again, feeling like her hands were tied. There was not a thing in the world she could do save herself. Although, this time the feeling was worse. Blake and the others, people she cared for, were with her and they were taking the fall too.

Awaiting the inevitable end, Senna would turn to Blake as he grabbed her hand. She choked upon hearing him say such sweet words, feeling an overwhelming pang of loss hit her chest.

"I-I have my answer. Yes, I do want to go on a date date with you. There's no time like the present, so how about tomorrow? L-Lets go to the mall. I need to buy a new ribbon. Then we could go and eat. I-I never get to do that. It'll be fun, right?"

"Right?"

The young soul reaper would garner no response from Blake. It was already too late....

It was over.

Senna fell into a deep sleep, thinking at first that she was dead. But, oddly enough, she was okay with this. She had already died twice. As far as she was concerned, her time with Blake and the others was a gift, one she hadn't been expecting. If her gift of a third chance at life was to be taken away now, so be it. She would always treasure the extra life she had been given, especially her time with Blake and Miku.

Due to having experienced little in life, however, while Senna slept she never had an dreams. Her sleep was hollow, empty. She was in a place of eternal blackness, a place where she was alone and lost. It was if all sense of time was lost to her, and all that she knew seems to fade into oblivion.

But that wasn't so.

After a long slumber, the soul reaper awoke. So very disoriented, Senna wasn't even sure of who she was at first. She made her way out of the pod and stared at it with blank eyes.

"How did I--?"

The girl looked around at the others.

I recognize them, but it's hard to remember. Who are they?

Somewhere through the crowd, however, Senna would finally spot Blake and feel her heart lurch in her chest. Her eyes even teared up a little.

Who is that? Why do I feel so... emotional?

And then, a name came to her mind.

"Blake?"

Wait, I remember now!

"Blake!"

The girl shouted at the top of her lungs before trying to stumble in his direction. She would fall on her knees, however, her body weak from having slept for so long.

@Gummi Bunnies @Others​
tumblr_inline_ng0i91XDjm1shpc29.png

"Oh thank god... Senna!"

Putting his frantic search to a halt, the assassin's eyes took sight of Senna, who was doing the same thing as him: finding each other. With no hesitation and the fact that she looked like she was going to collapse at any given moment, Blake pushed himself despite his own physical fatigue to get to her as fast as possible. Before Senna's legs would give way and have her collapse to the ground, Blake caught her with a tight grip, wrapping his arms around her in a reassuring hug.

"I'm so glad that you're here... that I'm here for you..."

Saying this to her, Blake hugged Senna tighter, almost like he was reassuring himself that everything was fine along with reassuring her the same thing. However, he felt as if Senna was the only person that he had left, and that was exactly it. His sisters, Rinato and Penelope, they were gone, and even if he used the dimensional travel function on his device and found them in some other timeline, it wouldn't be the same. It would never be the same.

This wouldn't drive him into total despair however. Before their hug could end, Blake wasn't going to let that be the only way of welcoming each other back from a long time's sleep.

tumblr_inline_ng0i9udnt71shpc29.png

Leaning his face closely to Senna's, Blake closed his eyes as he gently pressed his lips against hers, giving a kiss for her and her only. He had proclaimed before everything went black that he loved her, and that he would stay at her side always. After a few seconds, he pulled away, a part of him wanting to continue what was the sweetest thing he's ever done and another part of him knew that it would be strange to keep it going more than a few seconds.

tumblr_inline_n3kt5r65j21sy4uqk.png

"... So... how's that for a third kiss? Third time's the charm, right?"

His eyes letting out tears of joy, a vibrant shade of red covered up his cheeks once he gave a genuine smile over to her direction. For once in his life, he felt so happy to see someone that could fill up what he had lost, someone to help him move on. Where one story ends with his past, out comes a new story to start with Senna.

That's what the mysterious voice wanted after all... right?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Linda took a deep breath as she looked around the room. She didn't remember much about what happened but she knew that she was alive. She remembered a few moments, but she looked for Ada. She wanted to find her.

She spent a moment looking around the room for Linda, then she would get going. Ada had jobs to do.

She hoped that she find her without being cliché, but she decided it was faster to be cliché. " Ada, where are you?" She asked.

@Minerva

Lucifer emerged from his pod and had only three on his mind. One, he wanted to talk to James and Penny, since it seemed he had missed Jason. Two, he wanted to do something more than kiss Linda and Three, he wanted to work towards redeeming himself.

" Penny, James, where are you?" He asked.

@Darkseide @Gands

James Proudstar Warpath

" Lucifer Morningstar "

" I am glad to see you awakened. "

James looked relaxed, leaning against his pod.

" Some have already left, gone back to their realities. "

" I have not made up my mind as yet. I feel as if I have some new purpose to achieve."

@LuckycoolHawk9

DAnR5c2.jpg

"Cagliostro?"

iD3giVw.png

At what cost?

y1dYvl8.png

Hakuei, I-

LtJGRRL.png

"Cagliostro. We meet again."
The dhampir managed to crack a small smile at the alchemist. "Though we may not have known each other for long, you must know that it was an honor for me to fight beside you." He did not have many allies, though sometimes he found himself in the company of the Belmonts - most ironic considering his bloodline - and much to the chagrin of those who served under his father. The alchemist was a very energetic one, but was surprisingly wise. There was much to learn from them, Alucard guessed, considering they were from different worlds, he wondered if he could glean some interesting information from her. "If we do find a way to return to our own homes, I wish you well in your endeavors."
dQzrO9B.png

However, a woman that was making her way towards the two surprised the dhampir, watching as the one from his recent memories - Hakuei - slowly walked up towards him and without warning, seemingly threw herself onto the dhampir and grabbed a hold of his collar. Surprised, Alucard was about to speak to ask her what was wrong when she suddenly pulled him down for a kiss.
Z8llmIT.png

It was quick and fleeting, but it left the dhampir speechless when she pulled away.
The first thing he noticed was that her lips were very soft, and that she had left behind a strange patch of warmth on his mouth that spread to his cheeks and then to his face, then washed over his entire cold body. He blinked his golden liquid eyes at her, blinking at the woman with shock and surprise that was more visible on his face than ever.
There was something beating in his chest, a feeling that he had only ever seen being described in eloquent words in books.

eebSKif.png

The corners of the dhampir's lips twitched upwards as gloved hands moved to touch where she had gently pecked him, his other taking her own.​

"Good to see you again, my lady."

@Hana @Crow

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and Hana
Status
Not open for further replies.