Status
Not open for further replies.
Leon held one hand to a bleeding shoulder, already moving to wrap a ripped off part of his shirt over the wound. "Really, just a scratch," he said to Warpath, waving him off.

Down in the maze of machines, Annette seemed always two steps ahead. The drone of the machines made it hard for most to pinpoint her voice, allowing her to talk for now uninterrupted. "You need to understand... for I don't think you understand at all. In using the Tesseract's power, we have seen glimpses of realities not too unlike our own. We have seen the fall of Umbrella. My husband has seen his own destruction. I... have seen my own death. There is no future for us, not in our old reality. That's why we persist. We're on borrowed time and we having nothing left to lose."

"Bullshit," Claire said, peering between the cracks in the machines. "That's life. You made your mistakes and started all of this. Maybe you deserve retribution for that, don't you think? Retribution for what you did to Sherry? You must have seen that, Annette."

"Don't talk about her--" Annette began to say, but Claire spoke over her.

"All of this? It's not for her, is it? Where is she, anyway? Locked away somewhere? Home, with neither of her parents to look after her? You're only here to save yourself. It's selfish."

"Shut up!" Annette's voice rose in volume, making it a bit easier to pinpoint her position. "Just-- shut up! You don't know...!"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Gummi Bunnies @york @thatguyinthestore @PowerSection
Catching a clear version of the sound, via his super hearing, Clark caught the noise. With purpose, he marched.

"Hello? Who's there."

@Jeremi @Verite @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @penguin055 @Josh M

"A meeting of minds right there." 18 deadpanned towards Clark. There didn't seem to be much else for the group to do in this particular room. Suddenly they could hear something dropping in the room beyond. It seemed that they weren't alone in the area.

"Did anyone else hear that?"

@Crow @Verite @Josh M @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @penguin055 @TestingRoom

Catching a clear version of the sound, via his super hearing, Clark caught the noise. With purpose, he marched.

"Hello? Who's there."

"Well, at least it can't be that pesky bastard Lex Luthor," Cagliostro shrugs. "probably an escaped beast, waiting to face me and Ouroboros. Or security."

Cagliostro exclaims alongside Clark.

Bju3mr7.jpg

"Come out, come out wherever you are~. I won't hurt you, not a bit~!"

Cagliostro suggests that the group slowly approach the source of the sound together.​

"Hello? Who's there."

No response came to Clark but after some quick searching they found William Birkin fiddling on a computer totally engrossed in what he was doing. 18 was tempted to blast him then and there but decided against it. They still needed that cure after all.

"Yo, doc!" 18's shouting nearly had Birkin fall flat on his ass in shock.

"How are you still alive?! The virus should've already done its purpose and stopped you!" He sounded frustrated and tired as he spoke. "Why couldn't let us do our jobs and let me work on my experiments in peace?!"

18 wasn't having none of it and stared the scientist down. "You talk to much. Now if you were talking about something else like say...a cure for us? Then maybe I'm not going to punch you so hard that your jaw's going to fly off."

Even in his current state, or because of it, Birkin could only laugh. "You think we have something like that just lying around? We create these viruses we're not here to destroy them!"

@Verite @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @penguin055 @Josh M

No response came to Clark but after some quick searching they found William Birkin fiddling on a computer totally engrossed in what he was doing. 18 was tempted to blast him then and there but decided against it. They still needed that cure after all.

"Yo, doc!" 18's shouting nearly had Birkin fall flat on his ass in shock.

"How are you still alive?! The virus should've already done its purpose and stopped you!" He sounded frustrated and tired as he spoke. "Why couldn't let us do our jobs and let me work on my experiments in peace?!"

18 wasn't having none of it and stared the scientist down. "You talk to much. Now if you were talking about something else like say...a cure for us? Then maybe I'm not going to punch you so hard that your jaw's going to fly off."

Even in his current state, or because of it, Birkin could only laugh. "You think we have something like that just lying around? We create these viruses we're not here to destroy them!"

"Alchemic Punch!"

Fueled by rage, Cagliostro slugged Birkin in the face with unbelievable force. While she had previously claimed to not have too much strength, this punch suggested otherwise, but that was very likely not her own strength, but the strength of her rage.

"18, hold this buffoon down!" Cagliostro bellows.

M1wkym4.webp

"You have absolutely no idea who you're dealing with," Cagliostro speaks in an intimidating manner as Ouroboros was conjured once again. "I'll have you know that I am fully capable of infecting you with the T-Virus. It's a pretty long explanation for your simple mind, so I'll sum it up - do what we tell you to do if you wish to return home to your wife's cooking and the smile of your children..."

7ZTNNZR.webp

"... P~l~e~a~s~e~."

Meanwhile, Ouroboros was hissing at Birkin.​

Claire shot Jason an annoyed look. "Excuse me? I know this woman, and if I hadn't got her wound up--" The sound of someone running echoed over the machines, causing Claire to curse out loud. She ran off in the direction, and with Warpath narrowing in on Annette from the other side, soon the group had the Umbrella scientist cornered.

Annette could only stare in horror. She holstered her gun and held up her hands, but it was clear that tears were in her eyes. "I..."

"Don't even try it," Claire said, sounding tired. She moved to aim her gun at Annette, but what the woman said next sent her into a state of shock.

"Sherry is dead! My daughter... is dead. That's why William and I can't accept this. We needed the Tesseract to save her. Please..."

Claire lowered her weapon, eyes wide.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Gummi Bunnies @york @thatguyinthestore @PowerSection

Feed 12 showed what appeared to be the lobby of some kind of mansion. It didn't make much sense, but Lalonde had an idea what was going on. "It seems taking people across dimensions also resulted in locations being brought over as well. An interesting phenomenon, though one that is no doubt concerning. Let's hope Umbrella cease such operations before it's too late."

The next feed, 13, finally showed what the group had been looking for. A glowing blue brilliance filled the video screen, and everyone knew they were staring once again at the Tesseract. "Wonderful," said Lalonde, moving to check notes written on a nearby clipboard. "Vault 16V. Now we know."

She was quick to shuffle the group out now that they had this info. They seemed in the clear, even as they left the security wing to head back to medical. Of course, that was until they ran into Albert Wesker in the hall.

The man was wearing the black trenchcoat once again. He looked the group over with some interest. "Interesting to see you all out and about. You didn't answer the radio. Strange, isn't it?" Lalonde looked momentarily taken aback, ashamed over forgetting such a small detail. Wesker watched her with a hint of a smile. "... No matter. I'm here to inform you of a new task, but this one is very important. SHIELD is about to break through our front door and you all need to be there to greet them."

Wesker then paused, looking to Ada. "Except you. You should come with me." The man turned around and started to walk away, eliciting a sigh of relief from Lalonde.

"At least we're safe," she said. "You should do what he says... I'll figure something out for you all." Lalonde left to go to the medical room and Cullen could only sigh in annoyance once they were alone.

@Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Minerva @Bomb @Takumi

Azura watched as Wesker spoke to them, that little smile of his causing light annoyance before he left with one of their groups. Lalonde's words brought little comfort at the moment, but she could only prepare for the task ahead.

"Well?" she muttered tiredly, turning to look at those in her group. She wondered what they're thoughts on this task of there's was, though she was sure they were similar to her own in some way.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Bomb @Minerva @Mason Moretti

"Alchemic Punch!"

Fueled by rage, Cagliostro slugged Birkin in the face with unbelievable force. While she had previously claimed to not have too much strength, this punch suggested otherwise, but that was very likely not her own strength, but the strength of her rage.

M1wkym4.webp

"You have absolutely no idea who you're dealing with," Cagliostro speaks in an intimidating manner as Ouroboros was conjured once again. "I'll have you know that I am fully capable of infecting you with the T-Virus. It's a pretty long explanation for your simple mind, so I'll sum it up - do what we tell you to do if you wish to return home to your wife's cooking and the smile of your children..."

7ZTNNZR.webp

"... P~l~e~a~s~e~."

"Threatening him will get you nowhere."

Clark shook his head wildly. Placing himself as shield for Birkin, Clark had just about enough of Cagliostro. Her childishness and ruthlessness was not something Clark was a fan of. He also was a fan of 18's threats as well. You get more bees with honey than vinegar.

"This is your last warning. Either calm down, or go away. We can't afford more fighting."

Turning to Birken, Clark would try peace keeper.

"Look, you don't have much of choice. Cure us. I'm willing to let you go peacefully if you do that. So will everyone. I'll make sure of that."

Clark shook his head wildly. Placing himself as shield for Birkin, Clark had just about enough of Cagliostro. Her childishness and ruthlessness was not something Clark was a fan of. He also was a fan of 18's threats as well. You get more bees with honey than vinegar.

"This is your last warning. Either calm down, or go away. We can't afford more fighting."

M1wkym4.webp

"Last warning, you say, I'm curious as to what'll happen the next time..." Cagliostro grins, then looks back at Hakuei and Alucard, shifting to a more grim mood.

"Wait, no time for commentary, we need to get that cure through any means possible. And I mean any."​

"Look, you don't have much of choice. Cure us. I'm willing to let you go peacefully if you do that. So will everyone. I'll make sure of that."

Cagliostro just shrugs to see how the situation plays out.

"Alchemic Punch!"

M1wkym4.webp

7ZTNNZR.webp

"... P~l~e~a~s~e~."

"If you want to hold him, you can do it yourself." 18 responded. "I'm not your maid."

"I don't need to hear disillusioned children threatening me." Birkin hissed towards Cagliostro.

Turning to Birken, Clark would try peace keeper.

"There's always another way." Unbeknownst to the group Birkin was holding unto a remote. Pressing it caused sirens to start blaring and cages in the wall to open.

The creatures that stepped out had reptilian features. Six in total they'd growl at the group before leaping in for the kill. Before anyone could restrain Birkin he had already managed to slip away through a nearby door that sealed shut behind him.

"Oh boy, some more things to bash..."

Annette looked down at her feet, curbing the emotion she had been expressing a moment before. She didn't bother to resist as Warpath moved to restrain her. She dropped her weapon to the ground in defeat and looked up to meet Claire's gaze. "Fine," she said, her voice mixed with emotion and defiance. She turned her head then to Warpath, eyeing him. "Maybe you wouldn't understand necessity. Maybe we would have sent you home, but it really doesn't matter now. By the time this is over, not all of us will be getting out unscathed."

She then looked at Twisted Fate but didn't seem in any hurry to answer him. Eventually, she muttered, "My daughter is dead, so what do I care? The world can burn."

Claire sighed and aimed her gun toward Annette once again. Her hand shook slightly, but she managed a look of disgust. "Better yet, tell us where we can make a serum to reverse the virus' effects. There is no time, and you will not be saving anyone if we take you down with us."

Annette seemed more receptive to this. She took a long, shuddering breath and nodded to one side of the room. "Leave through that way and you'll come to a lab. You can make a serum there. It should be empty... except for my husband."

Claire felt no choice but to lower her weapon. "You guys trust it?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Gummi Bunnies @york @thatguyinthestore @Otto @PowerSection

"Well?" Cullen said in response to Azura. "Not much choice, is there? Considering they deactivated the rubbish in our heads once, meeting the Avengers again is probably our best option." Not that Cullen sounded particularly hopeful about it.

Cullen had to let one of the others awoken earlier lead, but soon everyone was standing in the lobby entrance of the facility. They were just in time to watch the heavy metal door guarding the facility fly off its hinges and land in front of them. Mist and dust followed in its wake, and out of the cloud came the superpowered men they had fought once before, looking like warriors of legend.

In the face of such power, Cullen could only shrug and break out into a wide grin.

Nr9Xeva.png

"So, history repeats itself?"

At the front of the group was the man in the iron suit, who took a few steps forward and revealed his face. He sighed at the group and looked back at Steve, who said, "I guess it's to be expected."

Tony looked back to the group and mirrored Cullen's shrug. "I still have the EMP device. It's going to hurt a whole damn lot, but probably less than if we actually fought again." He raised his arm toward the group, not even noticing the danger coming his way.

A large blast of heat and energy flew out of the door on the right, consuming Tony completely. It was followed by a large plate of heavy metal that slammed into Tony and sent him flying into the wall on the left. From the direction of the blast walked out a man of steel. A robot that some in the group would recognize the shape of from the dark room of one of the feeds...

8PIe0rA.jpg

"Tony!" Steve yelled, looking hesitant for the briefest of moments about where he should turn.

"I am Ultron," said the hulking robot. "Fight with me, or I will use your chips to melt your heads from the inside out."

"Stand aside," said Thor defiantly, moving toward the robot. He bellowed wordlessly and leaped toward the robot. His hammer fell upon Ultron, who raised his arms to block the attack, causing a clash of metal on metal that created brilliant sparks throughout the room.

@Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Takumi

Wesker was silent as he brought Ada to the administrative part of the building. He went to his office, which looked sparse but not wholly uninviting. He brought her to a smaller side room where, surprisingly, Scott Lang stood wordlessly.

xFW26W8.png

Next to him was a desk and a chair, which Wesker gestured for Ada to sit in. He stood across the desk from her and smiled. "Ada Wong... how are you?"

@Minerva

"If you want to hold him, you can do it yourself." 18 responded. "I'm not your maid."

"I don't need to hear disillusioned children threatening me." Birkin hissed towards Cagliostro.

"There's always another way." Unbeknownst to the group Birkin was holding unto a remote. Pressing it caused sirens to start blaring and cages in the wall to open.

The creatures that stepped out had reptilian features. Six in total they'd growl at the group before leaping in for the kill. Before anyone could restrain Birkin he had already managed to slip away through a nearby door that sealed shut behind him.

Frowning, Clark was at his wit's end. Looking at the creatures. There was no need for a fight when Clark could do it all himself.

"Stand back."

Take a deep breath, Clark used his super breath, like an icy hurricane, it pushed towards the six creature, hopefully ending their attack before it could start.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Jeremi
Annette looked down at her feet, curbing the emotion she had been expressing a moment before. She didn't bother to resist as Warpath moved to restrain her. She dropped her weapon to the ground in defeat and looked up to meet Claire's gaze. "Fine," she said, her voice mixed with emotion and defiance. She turned her head then to Warpath, eyeing him. "Maybe you wouldn't understand necessity. Maybe we would have sent you home, but it really doesn't matter now. By the time this is over, not all of us will be getting out unscathed."

She then looked at Twisted Fate but didn't seem in any hurry to answer him. Eventually, she muttered, "My daughter is dead, so what do I care? The world can burn."

Claire sighed and aimed her gun toward Annette once again. Her hand shook slightly, but she managed a look of disgust. "Better yet, tell us where we can make a serum to reverse the virus' effects. There is no time, and you will not be saving anyone if we take you down with us."

Annette seemed more receptive to this. She took a long, shuddering breath and nodded to one side of the room. "Leave through that way and you'll come to a lab. You can make a serum there. It should be empty... except for my husband."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Gummi Bunnies @york @thatguyinthestore @Otto @PowerSection

"Well?" Cullen said in response to Azura. "Not much choice, is there? Considering they deactivated the rubbish in our heads once, meeting the Avengers again is probably our best option." Not that Cullen sounded particularly hopeful about it.

Cullen had to let one of the others awoken earlier lead, but soon everyone was standing in the lobby entrance of the facility. They were just in time to watch the heavy metal door guarding the facility fly off its hinges and land in front of them. Mist and dust followed in its wake, and out of the cloud came the superpowered men they had fought once before, looking like warriors of legend.

In the face of such power, Cullen could only shrug and break out into a wide grin.

Nr9Xeva.png

At the front of the group was the man in the iron suit, who took a few steps forward and revealed his face. He sighed at the group and looked back at Steve, who said, "I guess it's to be expected."

Tony looked back to the group and mirrored Cullen's shrug. "I still have the EMP device. It's going to hurt a whole damn lot, but probably less than if we actually fought again." He raised his arm toward the group, not even noticing the danger coming his way.

A large blast of heat and energy flew out of the door on the right, consuming Tony completely. It was followed by a large plate of heavy metal that slammed into Tony and sent him flying into the wall on the left. From the direction of the blast walked out a man of steel. A robot that some in the group would recognize the shape of from the dark room of one of the feeds...

8PIe0rA.jpg

"Tony!" Steve yelled, looking hesitant for the briefest of moments about where he should turn.

"I am Ultron," said the hulking robot. "Fight with me, or I will use your chips to melt your heads from the inside out."

"Stand aside," said Thor defiantly, moving toward the robot. He bellowed wordlessly and leaped toward the robot. His hammer fell upon Ultron, who raised his arms to block the attack, causing a clash of metal on metal that created brilliant sparks throughout the room.

Wesker was silent as he brought Ada to the administrative part of the building. He went to his office, which looked sparse but not wholly uninviting. He brought her to a smaller side room where, surprisingly, Scott Lang stood wordlessly.

xFW26W8.png

Next to him was a desk and a chair, which Wesker gestured for Ada to sit in. He stood across the desk from her and smiled. "Ada Wong... how are you?"

@Minerva
"Do we really have much of a choice?" Jason asked, not really expecting any answer from someone as he began to reload his guns. Jason then lowered his visor and stood up as he began to walk away towards the lab.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Gummi Bunnies @york @Atomyk @Otto @PowerSection

Frowning, Clark was at his wit's end. Looking at the creatures. There was no need for a fight when Clark could do it all himself.

"Stand back."

Take a deep breath, Clark used his super breath, like an icy hurricane, it pushed towards the six creature, hopefully ending their attack before it could start.

Clark managed to hit three of the monsters with his breath. One shattered as it landed and the other two were badly damaged but still operational. The other three continue their attack towards the group.

"Stand back."

"It's just one thing after another with these Umbrella guys..." Domon remarked as he took a defensive stance. "We better take these monsters out before we become like those bits of meat over there!" After Clark used his icy breath on a few of the monsters, the Gundam Fighter ran forward to finish off the two damaged ones. He jumped towards one of them, attempting to land an axe kick on its head as he descended.

@Jeremi @Josh M @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Verite @Testing

Nr9Xeva.png

8PIe0rA.jpg

xFW26W8.png

@Minerva

Ada-Wong.jpg

Ada glanced at Scott and Wesker before sitting down. This situation seemed... strange. She would be on guard about this entire situation. She was ready to grab the knife in her high heel if the situation went bad. "Alive." She responded with a hint of sarcasm. "I could be better, but I died earlier. And how are you, Wesker?"

Jason eventually located Annette along with the rest of the group, causing him to hold up his gun and aim it at her.
"Give me one reason I shouldn't shoot you right now!" He said before actually hearing her out, causing an overwhelming sense of dread and regret to wash over him.
"I... I.."
He was at a loss for words. Jason of all people knew what it was like to lose someone close to him. Abandonment, regret, loss. All words that haunted Jason, words that were the reason he even wore this damn costume in the first place.

"I'm sorry." This was all he said before holstering his gun and lowering his visor. Jason then walked off to be on his own. You could try and talk to him if you wanted. Or leave him alone.
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Gummi Bunnies @york @Atomyk @PowerSection
tumblr_inline_ng0i872NrW1shpc29.png

"... So that's why..."
Blake was about to use his PWM cube to send a projected weapon at Annette's direction, but stopped himself as soon as she spoke once more. The dread of losing someone. The dread of losing someone that you knew dearly and well. Blake experienced this many times already as soon as he got here, and he didn't wish for this to continue any further. Just the thought of not allowing another person to dwell in the dread of loss... Blake could understand that he would be in the wrong to do that.
"If that's... your purpose here... then how come you didn't say that in the first place? If it makes everything better... I can help... I'm not that cold of a vigilante..."
Gathering his thoughts, Blake figured he could try to offer a helping hand. It was a chance to help in his eyes.
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @thatguyinthestore @york @Atomyk @PowerSection​
James Proudstar Warpath

James has finally found Annette. Without saying a word he puts the knife away as he approaches.

" I am not going to kill you but loss or not, I don't trust you. I am going to bind your wrists and take your gun. "

If she complies, he carefully binds her wrists behind her back with strips of his t-shirt. He takes her gun and crushes the barrel, throwing it away after words.

The big Apache's rage bubbled and writhed inside him. The calm he had been fostering was slowly being torn away by the pain in his stomach. He wasn't a monster, he felt for her loss. Likely though She and the man did something to the girl themselves, loyal umbrella minions though.

"You took me from my home against my will. You gave me a lethal disease. You had my compatriots turn against us. Umbrella never planned to send us home, did they ?. "

James gritted his teeth and breathed. Long deep meditative breaths. He withdrew for just a moment into himself the way Wolverine taught him. He thought of his friends, of good times he would likely never share again.

He waited, struggling to master himself.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @york @thatguyinthestore @PowerSection
Twisted Fate | @Power Section
------------------------
Twisted Fate, who seemingly disappeared from the entire group, was now back in action. His silence during most of the recent events was quite unusual; he used to enjoy talking. The most likely reason was that all of these murders were getting to him. Everyone, including himself, was having their destiny manipulated in some way. This angered him, but he kept it to himself and remained silent.
-------------------------​

He stepped forward slowly when this new drama arose. As he spoke to Annette, his tone of voice wasn't necessarily angry, but it was quite demanding.
hZfT7Ei.png

"Listen, you need to tell us where that tesseract is right now. I don't care about this sob story of yours. Have you seen what's been happenin' to us? More than ten of us have died already. I'm runnin' out of patience right now. I don't appreciate all of you Umbrella folks messin' with destiny. It ain't right."
@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Gummi Bunnies @york @thatguyinthestore @PowerSection​

Schala Zeal
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Otto
@PowerSection

Schala nodded quietly, putting a hand on Annette's shoulder gently, if she were allowed the opportunity anyways... Before she prepared to head off, but just before she left, she turned back to Annette for a brief moment, to share some parting words.

"If I must... I will... Try my best to take good care of him..." She said, trying to be as reassuring as she could.

While somewhere deep down, she had a feeling her husband might be another one of the mutants roaming this place... She would at the very least, try to end the battle peacefully if she could, if one were to emerge, when they arrived in that lab.

At any rate, she knew she had to get moving as soon as possible, and for the time being, despite being a little cautious about following the instructions she was given, it looked like Schala was trusting Annette, for now.​

"Stand back."

Clark managed to hit three of the monsters with his breath. One shattered as it landed and the other two were badly damaged but still operational. The other three continue their attack towards the group.

"And now he's gone," Cagliostro says. "If only one of us had restrained him. Well then, it's time to unleash it all. Ouroboros!"

Ouroboros had split into two, ready to strike.

KzcJ8Bv.webp

"It's time to finish it all off... ARS MAGNA!"

Ouroboros' two bodies created circles by spinning around, essentially forming an infinity symbol. A mysterious, otherworldly force had caused the remaining five creatures to be sucked into a pair of void-like spheres created by Ouroboros' movements, distorting their very bodies in an attempt to make them cease function. The two that were previously frozen would very likely turn to cinders since they couldn't struggle too well.

Cagliostro briefly glances at the door.

"Soon I will show him my 'disillusionment'," Cagliostro grins.​

Last edited:
"It's just one thing after another with these Umbrella guys..." Domon remarked as he took a defensive stance. "We better take these monsters out before we become like those bits of meat over there!" After Clark used his icy breath on a few of the monsters, the Gundam Fighter ran forward to finish off the two damaged ones. He jumped towards one of them, attempting to land an axe kick on its head as he descended.
"And now he's gone," Cagliostro says. "If only one of us had restrained him. Well then, it's time to unleash it all. Ouroboros!"

Ouroboros had split into two, ready to strike.

KzcJ8Bv.webp

"It's time to finish it all off... ARS MAGNA!"

Ouroboros' two bodies created circles by spinning around, essentially forming an infinity symbol. A mysterious, otherworldly force had caused the remaining three creatures to be sucked into a pair of void-like spheres created by Ouroboros' movements, distorting their very bodies beyond function and turning them to cinders.

Cagliostro briefly glances at the door.

"Soon I will show him my 'disillusionment'," Cagliostro grins.​
The monster that Domon would go after, rendered significantly more vulnerable from Clark's freeze breath, had its being shattered like glass when the martial artist's axe kick connected! In turn, Riesbyfe charged forward and, upon letting out a battle cry, slammed her mighty shield Gamaliel into a second monster, reinforcing its strength with her magecraft and disposing of it as well!

With that, the final creature was easily incinerated by Ouroboros's move, the work also disposing of the corpses of the dead monsters as well. However, by then, it was too late, as Birkin had already made his escape, as evidenced when Riesbyfe slammed her fist into the sealed door, only for it to be able to withstand her attack.

"Tch," the Holy Knight clicked her tongue in mild frustration, "If I did not know any better, I would imagine this door to be reinforced with the same black magic as the previous door that impeded us before."

"Indeed. Except there's no arbitrary puzzle for you to solve in order to get to me," Birkin's voice spoke, originating from what one could assume to be an intercom located in the room, "But don't you worry... You'll see me again. Real soon. You can count on that," he vowed.

"Why... Why are you doing this?! Taking us from the worlds in which we belonged, making us try to kill others against our own will...?!" She exclaimed, banging her metal fist on the door, "What drove you to... to be capable of such things?!"

"..." Riesbyfe was met with silence initially, before William Birkin spoke again, "All is fair in love and war, as they say. In this case... The war against S.H.I.E.L.D. and the love for my daughter... My Sherry... who was taken from me. I'm barely alive myself... Trudging along with the promise that in some manner, I'll see her again. You see, we needed to test the Tesseract to make sure that it really could do more than simply allow us to glimpse into realities beyond our own... like one where Sherry lived, at the very least. So we used it to wrap you all up, people from realities of magic, fantastical powers, et cetera... And to kill two birds with one stone, you were to be used to dispatch the forces of S.H.I.E.L.D. that would threaten to take us down."

"Of course, you had to go ahead and resist so passionately, thinking us to be moral-less monsters. For all you know, we could have let you go back home without a hitch once you dealt with those Avengers, but... guess you'll never know now," Birkin continued, his voice taking a melancholic turn, though more out of self-pity rather than pitying the group, "In any case... What's this?" He started to continue, before stopping again. A brief, silent pause overtook the air, before he began speaking again, as though he were observing camera feeds from wherever he was.

"I spy with my little eye... Your friends are about to head to the labs to find a cure for their condition? Well, then. Guess I should go greet them. I've got just the thing to clean up unwanted pests. Don't need any of those to contaminate the lab, after all..." Birkin grunted, before clearing his throat lowly, "You just stay put. Or try to stop me. Either way, it's hopeless."

And from there, the feedback cut out, as though the intercom or whatever was being used had been turned off.

Ries06.png

"T-The laboratory? I... I think I recall passing by a place like that... from back where we came from. If the others are headed there, then that man must be preparing a trap! We must get there at once! To the lab!" Riesbyfe exclaimed in alarm.

@Josh M @Jeremi @penguin055 @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Testing

Last edited:
James Proudstar. Warpath Power

One way or the other it was coming to an end. He could focus on this while he carefully escorted Annette with the rest of their group. He still had one knife out, as he couldn't discount the possibility of a trap.

"It would be nice to make Umbrella never was wouldn't it. There is simply too much at stake. Too much risk. I am sorry for your loss though. "

James mind wandered for a moment to thoughts of his older former X-man brother John. Who James had lost several years ago.

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @york

The monster that Domon would go after, rendered significantly more vulnerable from Clark's freeze breath, had its being shattered like glass when the martial artist's axe kick connected! In turn, Riesbyfe charged forward and, upon letting out a battle cry, slammed her mighty shield Gamaliel into a second monster, reinforcing its strength with her magecraft and disposing of it as well!

With that, the final creature was easily incinerated by Ouroboros's move, the work also disposing of the corpses of the dead monsters as well. However, by then, it was too late, as Birkin had already made his escape, as evidenced when Riesbyfe slammed her fist into the sealed door, only for it to be able to withstand her attack.

"Tch," the Holy Knight clicked her tongue in mild frustration, "If I did not know any better, I would imagine this door to be reinforced with the same black magic as the previous door that impeded us before."

"Indeed. Except there's no arbitrary puzzle for you to solve in order to get to me," Birkin's voice spoke, originating from what one could assume to be an intercom located in the room, "But don't you worry... You'll see me again. Real soon. You can count on that," he vowed.

"Why... Why are you doing this?! Taking us from the worlds in which we belonged, making us try to kill others against our own will...?!" She exclaimed, banging her metal fist on the door, "What drove you to... to be capable of such things?!"

"..." Riesbyfe was met with silence initially, before William Birkin spoke again, "All is fair in love and war, as they say. In this case... The war against S.H.I.E.L.D. and the love for my daughter... My Sherry... who was taken from me. I'm barely alive myself... Trudging along with the promise that in some manner, I'll see her again. You see, we needed to test the Tesseract to make sure that it really could do more than simply allow us to glimpse into realities beyond our own... like one where Sherry lived, at the very least. So we used it to wrap you all up, people from realities of magic, fantastical powers, et cetera... And to kill two birds with one stone, you were to be used to dispatch the forces of S.H.I.E.L.D. that would threaten to take us down."

"Of course, you had to go ahead and resist so passionately, thinking us to be moral-less monsters. For all you know, we could have let you go back home without a hitch once you dealt with those Avengers, but... guess you'll never know now," Birkin continued, his voice taking a melancholic turn, though more out of self-pity rather than pitying the group, "In any case... What's this?" He started to continue, before stopping again. A brief, silent pause overtook the air, before he began speaking again, as though he were observing camera feeds from wherever he was.

"I spy with my little eye... Your friends are about to head to the labs to find a cure for their condition? Well, then. Guess I should go greet them. I've got just the thing to clean up unwanted pests. Don't need any of those to contaminate the lab, after all..." Birkin grunted, before clearing his throat lowly, "You just stay put. Or try to stop me. Either way, it's hopeless."

And from there, the feedback cut out, as though the intercom or whatever was being used had been turned off.

Ries06.png

"T-The laboratory? I... I think I recall passing by a place like that... from back where we came from. If the others are headed there, then that man must be preparing a trap! We must get there at once! To the lab!" Riesbyfe exclaimed in alarm.

@Josh M @Jeremi @penguin055 @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Testing

"This sounds like a trap for us. We're going to need a plan," Cagliostro says as she runs forward with the rest.

"... we're going to decimate everything, aren't we?"​

@Josh M @Verite @Jeremi @penguin055 @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @Testing

Reactions: Gands
Twisted Fate | @PowerSection/Laboratory

Twisted Fate didn't get the answer he was looking for. He was thinking of many other things to say back to Annette, but none of them were worth saying aloud. When she spilled information about where to find the cure, he hurriedly walked over.​

latest

As the group neared the lab, he attempted to use his ultimate ability: Destiny. If successful, a fiery eye would appear up ahead. After this, T.F would tell the group what it saw, if it saw anything.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @york @PowerSection/Laboratory​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.