Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to the Testing room, Clark was, surprisingly in good spirits as he walked near Ries, and Cagliostro . After all the bad thing that had happened, and the pain he was feeling, Lucifer admitting the truth, it empower his own beliefs. If even the devil could change slightly, anyone or thing can. Clark, unlike Riesbyfe, he wasn't a man of faith. Clark faith was in his fellow man. That was a trait that always showed. Cagliostro said he was "too decent". Good. If the word is neighing but darkness, you need one person to show people the light, to be the standard barer. Going back the holy knight, the man of steel tapped on her shoulder. The two had not talked much since what happened to Lana.

"How are you holding up?"
Ries10.png

"I am holding up... fine, I suppose," Riesbyfe said somewhat softly, walking with the young man, "My head is... clouded with many thoughts. I anticipate the end of this tiring journey, yet... I wonder how many more people must be sacrificed in order for us to get home. Of course, simply thinking on that will not yield us results."

She was truly a woman more of action than anything else. The nature of her feeling of powerlessness seemed to be annoyingly repetitive to her, but she knew that it would persist for as long as this journey would go on. If she did not have the power to save everyone, then she wanted the power to at least be able to protect who she can and obtain what she needed in order to accomplish her objective.

"But enough of me. I can only imagine how you've been doing, considering the ordeals that have just transpired..." She said, shifting the topic over to Clark himself now.​
As Clark spoke something large and heavy hit the glass of the aquarium.

What appeared to be a mutated shark was trying to get the group on the other side, but the glass seemed strong enough to hold.

"I was right, it was a huge gold fish."
Bju3mr7.jpg

"You're an annoying beast, now aren't you~ Well, prepare to meet your end~ Teehee~"

Cagliostro's words implied that she was about to slay the shark. Would you encourage her to do so or would you doscourage her from doing so?​
Before an apt reply would be able to be met, however, it would appear that a mutated shark, no doubt a victim of Umbrella's heinous experiments, would suddenly appear before them, crashing against the glass. It admittedly startled the Holy Knight lightly, but little more than that. Her attention was briefly diverted over to Cagliostro, who almost seemed intent on killing the poor creature.

Placing her metal hands on Cagliostro's shoulders, like a guardian to a child, she attempted to turn the alchemist away from the glass and back on track.

Ries04.png

"I would... advise against that, Miss Cagliostro. The beast is likely securely contained from here, and any attempt to interfere with it would likely cause attention to be drawn to this, as I imagine more of Umbrella's forces are awaiting us. Besides... I would rather not be soaked in the same water swum in with that creature. Let us move on. There must be something for us here... Hopefully a cure for the virus that has afflicted us all."

@Crow @Jeremi @Josh M @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @penguin055 @TestingRoom

Last edited:
"Aaah, man," Shirou complained, clicking his tongue as the group began to move along. "Oi Setsuna. You're still gonna ask me where I wanna go, ain't ya?"

He paused for a moment, inhaling some smoke from his cigarette before tapping off the ashes. She still didn't want to think on her own it seemed. Shirou didn't really know what was up with her, why she was like this, or anything like that, but that attitude was beginning to bug him. Smirking as usual, he then told her what he "wished of her."

"I wanna go where you wanna go. Then? Where does that put us, huh?"

@Midnight Maiden
rsz_kyoshiro1002_by_teh_zombish-dat7vqg.jpg

"...Yes," was Setsuna's quite simple response to Shirou's initial question, not seeming to pick up on the fact that it was probably a rhetorical one. She didn't exactly seem adept when it came to social cues, that much was for certain. Even so, she could only watch as Shirou tapped away the ashes from his cigarette with mild, unspoken interest in the action. Cigarettes weren't exactly commonplace to her, and she couldn't recall seeing one before. Not that she got to think about it long before being addressed once again by the male, pulling her focus back to him.

Wait. What?

"...Where I want to go?" she repeated, blinking owlishly with her typical serious expression. She wanted to say that her desire was to go where he wanted, but something told her this was not an answer that would please him in the slightest, and thus had to rethink it. "...Perhaps... Power, Shirou?" she suggested with uncertainty.

@Kaykay

Lucifer had decided to be silent, not sure if he should say anything to anyone and looked left and right before making his decision on heading to the testing room. He looked around and saw the shark. " I agree with the knight, we don't want to disturb anything that would cause us more problems than it is worth. We already have enough without adding more to this mess," he said.

@Jeremi @Verite @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @Crow @penguin055 @Josh M @Testing Room

Linda decided to take the path to the power room. She silently followed along until she heard a shot. She nervously clenched the gun that she had gotten from Ada... god, she really regretted that she had accidently had a part in her death. " So, what else should we look for in here?"

@Gands @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @york @thatguyinthestore @Powersection

Ries10.png

"I am holding up... fine, I suppose," Riesbyfe said somewhat softly, walking with the young man, "My head is... clouded with many thoughts. I anticipate the end of this tiring journey, yet... I wonder how many more people must be sacrificed in order for us to get home. Of course, simply thinking on that will not yield us results."

She was truly a woman more of action than anything else. The nature of her feeling of powerlessness seemed to be annoyingly repetitive to her, but she knew that it would persist for as long as this journey would go on. If she did not have the power to save everyone, then she wanted the power to at least be able to protect who she can and obtain what she needed in order to accomplish her objective.

"But enough of me. I can only imagine how you've been doing, considering the ordeals that have just transpired..." She said, shifting the topic over to Clark himself now.​

Before an apt reply would be able to be met, however, it would appear that a mutated shark, no doubt a victim of Umbrella's heinous experiments, would suddenly appear before them, crashing against the glass. It admittedly startled the Holy Knight lightly, but little more than that. Her attention was briefly diverted over to Cagliostro, who almost seemed intent on killing the poor creature.

Placing her metal hands on Cagliostro's shoulders, like a guardian to a child, she attempted to turn the alchemist away from the glass and back on track.

Ries04.png

"I would... advise against that, Miss Cagliostro. The beast is likely securely contained from here, and any attempt to interfere with it would likely cause attention to be drawn to this, as I imagine more of Umbrella's forces are awaiting us. Besides... I would rather not be soaked in the same water swum in with that creature. Let us move on. There must be something for us here... Hopefully a cure for the virus that has afflicted us all."

Lucifer had decided to be silent, not sure if he should say anything to anyone and looked left and right before making his decision on heading to the testing room. He looked around and saw the shark. " I agree with the knight, we don't want to disturb anything that would cause us more problems than it is worth. We already have enough without adding more to this mess," he said.

1haojnW.png

"Right..." Cagliostro says. "Stealthy, stealthy. Looks like we don't have a choice then."

Cagliostro looks back at Alucard and Hakuei.

"No other choice than to move forward. Let us make a move before that big fish breaks free and starts to flop."​

tumblr_inline_ng0i8kT4be1shpc29.png

"If that's not the case... then I'll use it myself to fix everything. There has to be a way through this. Don't try to be an obstacle."
Blake didn't appear to be fazed by Annette's question. He seriously wasn't going to let this be a stop to what he wanted to achieve. He wanted to ensure a happy ending for people, so this was the only way for him. Staring straight into the darkness where he heard the woman's voice, he rested his hand by his PWM cube as if he were willing to cut someone down to ensure that he found a possible solution to this mess.
tumblr_inline_n3ksx4tf3w1sy4uqk.png

"... don't get any funny ideas either. You hear me?"
@Gands @york @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore
@PowerSection​
Jason stopped for a second to think. Sure, maybe SHIELD was lying to them. Maybe they were all just pawns in one big game. But they'd come so far, they were so damn close to this thing that he could practically taste it.

"It's a risk I'm willing to take." He said before holstering his guns and continuing on. While they were here, Jason stopped to see if there was any way to power down the machines. Why? No reason in particular other than to be a dick to the people who stuck him in this hellhole.

@Gands @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @york
There didn't seem to be any buttons or switches on the machines, leaving the only way to power them down to be to destroy them.
"Safer with them? Perhaps that's impossible... Perhaps we've opened pandora's box." Annette's voice seemed to be in a different location now. Claire moved along quickly, taking a right at her first chance but finding only another empty path.
"To use the Tesseract like we have, it's not something they have ever considered. Maybe they're right about the potential for destruction, but even they couldn't have known what we've accomplished. The mansion you walked through to get here, did it seem out of place to you? You see, we did not build it. As you know, this was an abandoned SHIELD facility only slightly modified by us, but that mansion appeared one day, replacing one of the floors completely. The work of messing with time and space, no doubt."
Claire let out an annoyed noise. "Leon, are you all right?!" she yelled toward the catwalk above.
"Don't worry about me," he said, sounding strained.
@Gands @Gummi Bunnies @york @thatguyinthestore @PowerSection
Schala Zeal
@Gands @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk@thatguyinthestore @PowerSection

Schala frowned... Messing with time and space... It seemed that the Tesseract was a dangerous artifact indeed, and if it had the power to link dimensions, rather than just transport others throguhout it... There was no doubt that this could play out much like the Ocean Palace incident, if left in the wrong hands.

"Then... The only way we can truly be safe... Is if we contain this... Tesseract..." She murmured.

Though, if that were the case, then they could never hope to get home... But, she was willing to make such a sacrifice, if it meant that she could prevent another disaster.

As the Tesseract's power far surpassed anything the Mammon Machine could ever have been capable of... She could only imagine what could happen, if something went wrong, with a power like this around.

She still firmly believed the Tesseract was in better hands with SHIELD, but perhaps it was better if it was in no-one's hands at all? Or at least, sealed away, after they were sent home, if that was... Possible...​

Ries10.png

Ries04.png

"I understand. This whole day, it's been a trial. Umbrella they're break us down, but we can't let them. We just got find this last traitor. "

Clark smiled as mood shifted as Ries brought what happen to Lana. Stoic now, Clark didn't speak. It wasn't one to share his feelings, but he was Jonathan Kent's son. His was not one to open up. However, if Clark at least one person he could trust, it was Ries.

"I feel lost, Rise. I feel like everything is backwards and everything I know I believe in has been shaken. However, I'm pushing forward, I can't think about her, right now. You all have to come first. We survivor this, than I can mourn."

Clark stopped talking as his eyes turned from the holy knight. Looking at the shark, Clark frown. Walking to the tank, Clark would stare down the animal.

"Yeah, I'm right there with you. You don't want to be here probably more than we do."

James Proudstar Warpath

The big Apache stopped for a moment to check Leon, if he didn't need any help, he would follow the others. He knew the scent of all of the people he had met. Now he tried to concentrate on the scent of the woman talking. He went very quietly, amazing how such a large man could move so silently. One of his big daggers out, just in case. The woman continued to babble about how Shield couldn't be trusted. Right.... While he agreed, the tesseract had properties he wouldn't normally trust with anyone. First things first, get it away from Umbrella.

@Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @york @thatguyinthestore @Powersection

rsz_kyoshiro1002_by_teh_zombish-dat7vqg.jpg

"...Yes," was Setsuna's quite simple response to Shirou's initial question, not seeming to pick up on the fact that it was probably a rhetorical one. She didn't exactly seem adept when it came to social cues, that much was for certain. Even so, she could only watch as Shirou tapped away the ashes from his cigarette with mild, unspoken interest in the action. Cigarettes weren't exactly commonplace to her, and she couldn't recall seeing one before. Not that she got to think about it long before being addressed once again by the male, pulling her focus back to him.

Wait. What?

"...Where I want to go?" she repeated, blinking owlishly with her typical serious expression. She wanted to say that her desire was to go where he wanted, but something told her this was not an answer that would please him in the slightest, and thus had to rethink it. "...Perhaps... Power, Shirou?" she suggested with uncertainty.

@Kaykay

"Power? You sure, Setsuna?" He asked once again. "That's where you want to go, right? So, tell me, why do you wanna go there then?"

Her answer was too weak. There was no problem with not having a good reason for her choice. Even an answer like "I like the sound of the word better" was good enough. But somehow he had a feeling that the only reason she'd actually said anything was because he told her to. And a decision with none of her own choice involved had no weight behind it. Therefore, to Shirou at least, it didn't count for anything.

Crossing his arms and leaning against a nearby wall, he gave her an expectant look.

@Midnight Maiden

"I understand. This whole day, it's been a trial. Umbrella they're break us down, but we can't let them. We just got find this last traitor. "

Clark smiled as mood shifted as Ries brought what happen to Lana. Stoic now, Clark didn't speak. It wasn't one to share his feelings, but he was Jonathan Kent's son. His was not one to open up. However, if Clark at least one person he could trust, it was Ries.

"I feel lost, Rise. I feel like everything is backwards and everything I know I believe in has been shaken. However, I'm pushing forward, I can't think about her, right now. You all have to come first. We survivor this, than I can mourn."

Clark stopped talking as his eyes turned from the holy knight. Looking at the shark, Clark frown. Walking to the tank, Clark would stare down the animal.

"Yeah, I'm right there with you. You don't want to be here probably more than we do."

"A meeting of minds right there." 18 deadpanned towards Clark. There didn't seem to be much else for the group to do in this particular room. Suddenly they could hear something dropping in the room beyond. It seemed that they weren't alone in the area.

"Did anyone else hear that?"

@Crow @Verite @Josh M @Sen @Hana @Azuremoon @penguin055 @TestingRoom

Leon held one hand to a bleeding shoulder, already moving to wrap a ripped off part of his shirt over the wound. "Really, just a scratch," he said to Warpath, waving him off.

Down in the maze of machines, Annette seemed always two steps ahead. The drone of the machines made it hard for most to pinpoint her voice, allowing her to talk for now uninterrupted. "You need to understand... for I don't think you understand at all. In using the Tesseract's power, we have seen glimpses of realities not too unlike our own. We have seen the fall of Umbrella. My husband has seen his own destruction. I... have seen my own death. There is no future for us, not in our old reality. That's why we persist. We're on borrowed time and we having nothing left to lose."

"Bullshit," Claire said, peering between the cracks in the machines. "That's life. You made your mistakes and started all of this. Maybe you deserve retribution for that, don't you think? Retribution for what you did to Sherry? You must have seen that, Annette."

"Don't talk about her--" Annette began to say, but Claire spoke over her.

"All of this? It's not for her, is it? Where is she, anyway? Locked away somewhere? Home, with neither of her parents to look after her? You're only here to save yourself. It's selfish."

"Shut up!" Annette's voice rose in volume, making it a bit easier to pinpoint her position. "Just-- shut up! You don't know...!"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Gummi Bunnies @york @thatguyinthestore @PowerSection

James Proudstar. Warpath

James used his enhanced hearing and sense of smell to narrow in on Umbrella Annette. He did his best to work with Jason to keep Annette's escape routes cut off. He was wary of someone popping around the corner to shoot at him and traps spring to tip or drop things on him.

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies @york @thatguyinthestore @power

Leon held one hand to a bleeding shoulder, already moving to wrap a ripped off part of his shirt over the wound. "Really, just a scratch," he said to Warpath, waving him off.

Down in the maze of machines, Annette seemed always two steps ahead. The drone of the machines made it hard for most to pinpoint her voice, allowing her to talk for now uninterrupted. "You need to understand... for I don't think you understand at all. In using the Tesseract's power, we have seen glimpses of realities not too unlike our own. We have seen the fall of Umbrella. My husband has seen his own destruction. I... have seen my own death. There is no future for us, not in our old reality. That's why we persist. We're on borrowed time and we having nothing left to lose."

"Bullshit," Claire said, peering between the cracks in the machines. "That's life. You made your mistakes and started all of this. Maybe you deserve retribution for that, don't you think? Retribution for what you did to Sherry? You must have seen that, Annette."

"All of this? It's not for her, is it? Where is she, anyway? Locked away somewhere? Home, with neither of her parents to look after her? You're only here to save yourself. It's selfish."

"Shut up!" Annette's voice rose in volume, making it a bit easier to pinpoint her position. "Just-- shut up! You don't know...!"

Jason looked at the two and, fed up with the arguing, stood between them.

"Okay both of you shut the hell up! You...." He said as he looked to Annette, raising his visor to look her in the eye.

7lOueLr.jpg

"You specifically. I don't give a shit if there's a reality where you work at a damn Belly Burger. I'm focused on getting back to my reality. I have shit I gotta do, things that I have to fucking do or else everything that I've spent years waiting and planning for will go down the goddamn shit hole. And so far, finding the Tesseract is the best bet for all of us to get back to our homes. Call me selfish, I don't give two fucks. But unless you got a better way for us to get home, I suggest you keep your damn mouth shut before I shut it for ya."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Gummi Bunnies @york @Atomyk @PowerSection

Feed 10 showed the remains of the holding cells where the licker creatures once were. Blood was splattered across the floor as a grim reminder of the fighting that occurred there. "Do they even have a camera on the vault?" Cullen asked impatiently.

As Azura switched to feed 11, Lalonde said, "That's the hope."

The new feed showed a room on the drug manufacturing floor, near the elevator. The remains of an explosion were evident, as was traces of blood. If it wasn't already clear, it seemed obvious now that Umbrella had cleaned up the bodies well.

@Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Minerva @Bomb @Takumi
Jabbers switched the feed to Feeds 12 & 13, learning how it works.

As for Doremi, she continued to stare at the screen.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Minerva @Takumi

Claire shot Jason an annoyed look. "Excuse me? I know this woman, and if I hadn't got her wound up--" The sound of someone running echoed over the machines, causing Claire to curse out loud. She ran off in the direction, and with Warpath narrowing in on Annette from the other side, soon the group had the Umbrella scientist cornered.

Annette could only stare in horror. She holstered her gun and held up her hands, but it was clear that tears were in her eyes. "I..."

"Don't even try it," Claire said, sounding tired. She moved to aim her gun at Annette, but what the woman said next sent her into a state of shock.

"Sherry is dead! My daughter... is dead. That's why William and I can't accept this. We needed the Tesseract to save her. Please..."

Claire lowered her weapon, eyes wide.

Feed 12 showed what appeared to be the lobby of some kind of mansion. It didn't make much sense, but Lalonde had an idea what was going on. "It seems taking people across dimensions also resulted in locations being brought over as well. An interesting phenomenon, though one that is no doubt concerning. Let's hope Umbrella cease such operations before it's too late."

The next feed, 13, finally showed what the group had been looking for. A glowing blue brilliance filled the video screen, and everyone knew they were staring once again at the Tesseract. "Wonderful," said Lalonde, moving to check notes written on a nearby clipboard. "Vault 16V. Now we know."

She was quick to shuffle the group out now that they had this info. They seemed in the clear, even as they left the security wing to head back to medical. Of course, that was until they ran into Albert Wesker in the hall.

The man was wearing the black trenchcoat once again. He looked the group over with some interest. "Interesting to see you all out and about. You didn't answer the radio. Strange, isn't it?" Lalonde looked momentarily taken aback, ashamed over forgetting such a small detail. Wesker watched her with a hint of a smile. "... No matter. I'm here to inform you of a new task, but this one is very important. SHIELD is about to break through our front door and you all need to be there to greet them."

Wesker then paused, looking to Ada. "Except you. You should come with me." The man turned around and started to walk away, eliciting a sigh of relief from Lalonde.

"At least we're safe," she said. "You should do what he says... I'll figure something out for you all." Lalonde left to go to the medical room and Cullen could only sigh in annoyance once they were alone.

James Proudstar Warpath
The big Apache stopped for a moment to check Leon, if he didn't need any help, he would follow the others. He knew the scent of all of the people he had met. Now he tried to concentrate on the scent of the woman talking. He went very quietly, amazing how such a large man could move so silently. One of his big daggers out, just in case. The woman continued to babble about how Shield couldn't be trusted. Right.... While he agreed, the tesseract had properties he wouldn't normally trust with anyone. First things first, get it away from Umbrella.
@Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @york @thatguyinthestore @Powersection
Jason looked at the two and, fed up with the arguing, stood between them.

"Okay both of you shut the hell up! You...." He said as he looked to Annette, raising his visor to look her in the eye.

7lOueLr.jpg

"You specifically. I don't give a shit if there's a reality where you work at a damn Belly Burger. I'm focused on getting back to my reality. I have shit I gotta do, things that I have to fucking do or else everything that I've spent years waiting and planning for will go down the goddamn shit hole. And so far, finding the Tesseract is the best bet for all of us to get back to our homes. Call me selfish, I don't give two fucks. But unless you got a better way for us to get home, I suggest you keep your damn mouth shut before I shut it for ya."

Claire shot Jason an annoyed look. "Excuse me? I know this woman, and if I hadn't got her wound up--" The sound of someone running echoed over the machines, causing Claire to curse out loud. She ran off in the direction, and with Warpath narrowing in on Annette from the other side, soon the group had the Umbrella scientist cornered.

Annette could only stare in horror. She holstered her gun and held up her hands, but it was clear that tears were in her eyes. "I..."

"Don't even try it," Claire said, sounding tired. She moved to aim her gun at Annette, but what the woman said next sent her into a state of shock.

"Sherry is dead! My daughter... is dead. That's why William and I can't accept this. We needed the Tesseract to save her. Please..."

Schala Zeal
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore
@PowerSection

Schala's once determined expression suddenly appeared to waver, as Annette's reasons weren't entirely unfounded, even if she still felt that they were misguided. She too, wished she could have changed the future that had awaited her Kingdom, to stop the inevitable... To save them, but it was far too late for that now...

For a moment, she had to stop and wonder if she would have done the same thing, if she had seen what would have happened to her Kingdom... If she had known just how terrible the path her mother had truly set upon... Had she had such a thing as the Tesseract in her grasp...

It would truly have been tempting, with the key to changing it all in her hands, to try and alter the course of events, to save the Kingdom of Zeal before the Ocean Palace incident could ever occur. Yet... ... Even then, she knew she couldn't have done it; such an artifact, had the potential to do more harm than good, especially if someone were to use it to mess about with time and space... There was a very real chance that such a rash decision, could have dealt a bigger blow to her Kingdom, than the Mammon Machine ever could.

"There are some things that you should never tamper with... For the sake of all there is, and all there will be..." She said, a sad smile crossing her face.

Schala seemed to be making a good effort to fight back tears, recalling her last desperate efforts to change her mother's mind... To keep the Mammon Machine's power in check, but to no avail. In the end though, it was her mother, and by extension, most of her Kingdom's hunger for power, that lead them to the moment... Where everything came to an end, at least for her.

It was hard to say what had happened to her mother, or what had become of the rest of her Kingdom, but the last thing she had felt, before she finally became one with what she could consider, the void. A realm of emptiness, where time had no beginning nor end, where she could finally sleep for the rest of eternity, the place she had finally found her peace.

Even to this moment, she still yearned to be back there... But yet, she knew it would be impossible to truly rest, even in a place such as that, knowing that Umbrella had the Tesseract. Considering what it had been capable of in their hands, she could only imagine what might happen, if the tampering would go horribly wrong, sooner or later.

Soon enough though, she shifted her focus back to the situation at hand, trying to figure out something... Anything she could say to Annette, in an effort to reason with her...

While she understood all too well why Annette wanted to use the Tesseract; she had lost, or possibly will soon lose someone very close to her, her very own daughter in fact.

"I too... Wish I can change the past... But... ... I do not wish to pay whatever price... Such a thing would bring with it..."

In a slow, calculated motion, she attempted to approach Annette, though she wasn't completely sure what she would do next, even if she did manage to do this... But it was the best thing she could think of doing... At the moment, anyways.

Feed 12 showed what appeared to be the lobby of some kind of mansion. It didn't make much sense, but Lalonde had an idea what was going on. "It seems taking people across dimensions also resulted in locations being brought over as well. An interesting phenomenon, though one that is no doubt concerning. Let's hope Umbrella cease such operations before it's too late."

The next feed, 13, finally showed what the group had been looking for. A glowing blue brilliance filled the video screen, and everyone knew they were staring once again at the Tesseract. "Wonderful," said Lalonde, moving to check notes written on a nearby clipboard. "Vault 16V. Now we know."

She was quick to shuffle the group out now that they had this info. They seemed in the clear, even as they left the security wing to head back to medical. Of course, that was until they ran into Albert Wesker in the hall.

The man was wearing the black trenchcoat once again. He looked the group over with some interest. "Interesting to see you all out and about. You didn't answer the radio. Strange, isn't it?" Lalonde looked momentarily taken aback, ashamed over forgetting such a small detail. Wesker watched her with a hint of a smile. "... No matter. I'm here to inform you of a new task, but this one is very important. SHIELD is about to break through our front door and you all need to be there to greet them."

Wesker then paused, looking to Ada. "Except you. You should come with me." The man turned around and started to walk away, eliciting a sigh of relief from Lalonde.

"At least we're safe," she said. "You should do what he says... I'll figure something out for you all." Lalonde left to go to the medical room and Cullen could only sigh in annoyance once they were alone.

Jason eventually located Annette along with the rest of the group, causing him to hold up his gun and aim it at her.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't shoot you right now!" He said before actually hearing her out, causing an overwhelming sense of dread and regret to wash over him.

"I... I.."

He was at a loss for words. Jason of all people knew what it was like to lose someone close to him. Abandonment, regret, loss. All words that haunted Jason, words that were the reason he even wore this damn costume in the first place.

"I'm sorry." This was all he said before holstering his gun and lowering his visor. Jason then walked off to be on his own. You could try and talk to him if you wanted. Or leave him alone.

Schala Zeal
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore
@PowerSection

Schala's once determined expression suddenly appeared to waver, as Annette's reasons weren't entirely unfounded, even if she still felt that they were misguided. She too, wished she could have changed the future that had awaited her Kingdom, to stop the inevitable... To save them, but it was far too late for that now...

For a moment, she had to stop and wonder if she would have done the same thing, if she had seen what would have happened to her Kingdom... If she had known just how terrible the path her mother had truly set upon... Had she had such a thing as the Tesseract in her grasp...

It would truly have been tempting, with the key to changing it all in her hands, to try and alter the course of events, to save the Kingdom of Zeal before the Ocean Palace incident could ever occur. Yet... ... Even then, she knew she couldn't have done it; such an artifact, had the potential to do more harm than good, especially if someone were to use it to mess about with time and space... There was a very real chance that such a rash decision, could have dealt a bigger blow to her Kingdom, than the Mammon Machine ever could.

"There are some things that you should never tamper with... For the sake of all there is, and all there will be..." She said, a sad smile crossing her face.

Schala seemed to be making a good effort to fight back tears, recalling her last desperate efforts to change her mother's mind... To keep the Mammon Machine's power in check, but to no avail. In the end though, it was her mother, and by extension, most of her Kingdom's hunger for power, that lead them to the moment... Where everything came to an end, at least for her.

It was hard to say what had happened to her mother, or what had become of the rest of her Kingdom, but the last thing she had felt, before she finally became one with what she could consider, the void. A realm of emptiness, where time had no beginning nor end, where she could finally sleep for the rest of eternity, the place she had finally found her peace.

Even to this moment, she still yearned to be back there... But yet, she knew it would be impossible to truly rest, even in a place such as that, knowing that Umbrella had the Tesseract. Considering what it had been capable of in their hands, she could only imagine what might happen, if the tampering would go horribly wrong, sooner or later.

Soon enough though, she shifted her focus back to the situation at hand, trying to figure out something... Anything she could say to Annette, in an effort to reason with her...

While she understood all too well why Annette wanted to use the Tesseract; she had lost, or possibly will soon lose someone very close to her, her very own daughter in fact.

"I too... Wish I can change the past... But... ... I do not wish to pay whatever price... Such a thing would bring with it..."

In a slow, calculated motion, she attempted to approach Annette, though she wasn't completely sure what she would do next, even if she did manage to do this... But it was the best thing she could think of doing... At the moment, anyways.
Jason holstered his gun as well as an overwhelming sense of dread and regret came over him. He knew what it felt like to loose somebody close to him. He didn't want anyone else to go through what he had to go through.

"I... I'm sorry. But how do you know that Umbrella will even follow through with whatever you think they'll do? You've seen some of the stuff they've done before, haven't you? Let us help you. And I promise you this, Annette." He said as he now looked the woman directly in the eye. "If you help us get the Tesseract back, I will personally make sure that your daughter is safe."

tumblr_inline_ng0i872NrW1shpc29.png

"... So that's why..."

Blake was about to use his PWM cube to send a projected weapon at Annette's direction, but stopped himself as soon as she spoke once more. The dread of losing someone. The dread of losing someone that you knew dearly and well. Blake experienced this many times already as soon as he got here, and he didn't wish for this to continue any further. Just the thought of not allowing another person to dwell in the dread of loss... Blake could understand that he would be in the wrong to do that.

"If that's... your purpose here... then how come you didn't say that in the first place? If it makes everything better... I can help... I'm not that cold of a vigilante..."

Gathering his thoughts, Blake figured he could try to offer a helping hand. It was a chance to help in his eyes.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @thatguyinthestore @york @Atomyk @PowerSection​

James Proudstar Warpath

James has finally found Annette. Without saying a word he puts the knife away as he approaches.

" I am not going to kill you but loss or not, I don't trust you. I am going to bind your wrists and take your gun. "

If she complies, he carefully binds her wrists behind her back with strips of his t-shirt. He takes her gun and crushes the barrel, throwing it away after words.

The big Apache's rage bubbled and writhed inside him. The calm he had been fostering was slowly being torn away by the pain in his stomach. He wasn't a monster, he felt for her loss. Likely though She and the man did something to the girl themselves, loyal umbrella minions though.

"You took me from my home against my will. You gave me a lethal disease. You had my compatriots turn against us. Umbrella never planned to send us home, did they ?. "

James gritted his teeth and breathed. Long deep meditative breaths. He withdrew for just a moment into himself the way Wolverine taught him. He thought of his friends, of good times he would likely never share again.

He waited, struggling to master himself.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @york @thatguyinthestore @PowerSection

Twisted Fate | @Power Section
------------------------
Twisted Fate, who seemingly disappeared from the entire group, was now back in action. His silence during most of the recent events was quite unusual; he used to enjoy talking. The most likely reason was that all of these murders were getting to him. Everyone, including himself, was having their destiny manipulated in some way. This angered him, but he kept it to himself and remained silent.
-------------------------​
Claire lowered her weapon, eyes wide.​
He stepped forward slowly when this new drama arose. As he spoke to Annette, his tone of voice wasn't necessarily angry, but it was quite demanding.

hZfT7Ei.png

"Listen, you need to tell us where that tesseract is right now. I don't care about this sob story of yours. Have you seen what's been happenin' to us? More than ten of us have died already. I'm runnin' out of patience right now. I don't appreciate all of you Umbrella folks messin' with destiny. It ain't right."

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Gummi Bunnies @york @thatguyinthestore @PowerSection

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands

Well... what could be so important that a Wesker who didn't know her needed to talk to her? She looked at the group she was with, trying to decide which group to follow. She decided to follow Wesker. In a case like this, Ada followed orders and waited for an opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.