Monsters Beyond the Fog [p]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"At least someone can take care of him. Cause god knows he won't listen to me." She says to him . "Well what ever you made can't be salvage from being burned." Looking over it. "What we're you trying to make?" Irina asked him.

"Pasta," Marc sheepishly responded with a small sigh. He had wanted to make food for himself and James when he got home, but these human kitchen utensils alluded him, "I'm usually a good cook, but we don't have such- nice appliances where Im from,"

Irina sighed and then went to got up from where she sat. Rolling her sleeves up and smiled. "Well then let's give you a crash course in the kitchen then." She says to him and went to start by cleaning off the burnt dish. And began to give Marc a crash course on how each things worked that they were going to be used.

Human appliances were so much more complicated in terms of cooking. There was so much more to it than just turning it on; they had to be adjusted, had variying temperatures and everything else. It was a bit overwhelming to say the least.

Irina did her best to keep the explanation simple. And not to overwhelm him. "Now I know JJ grows some cooking herbs his mini garden. He's actually quite good at it. You know, for someone who works a lot. Sort of a hidden talent he has." She says to him and went to window opening up and plucked a few herbs. "What about you? What's your hidden talent?" Asking him.

Marc blinked a bit and gave a sheepish smile, what was his secret talent? Suppose making potions and healing but that wasn't exactly a secret. "I don't think I have a secret talent? I mean I'm talented at making herbal remedies and medicine; but thats hard a secret,"

"Everyone has a secret talent. Some times it takes a little time to see it." Irina says to him, and went to heat up some tomato sauce in warm pan. Then went to rinse the herb off and went to chop it up a bit.

Supose she was right about that. Though Marc had no idea what the secret would be? Or well what he could tell her was the secret? That he was a satyr in disguise of a human being, could run for miles at a time and was from a forest rather than the city. "Whats your secret talent? Irina?"

"My secret talent… oh well my secret talent is knife tricks." She mused at him. Showing off by flipping the knife and tossed it up. Catching it inbetween her finger before flipping it. "Pretty awesome right…" Going to start chopping herbs up a little bit more before moving them into the now heating tomato sauce. When the door then opened again to see it was James.

"Ira? What are you doing here?" James asked her. "JJ welcome home. I wasn't expecting to meet your boyfriend today. And I wouldn't be here if my dumb little brother would've called me yesterday." She responded unhappily and gave him a slight glare. "I… I… umm… I forgot… but I'm glad you and Marc are doing okay. Heh heh…" It looked like James wanted run from his older sister who looked like she may kick his ass.

Knife tricks? That was honesly awesome yet also terrifying to say the least. Though it did make Marc note to never piss her off if he didn't want a knife trick to the chest. "Your sister is very nice, James, shes really cool too," he mused to the other and approached him to place a soft kiss on his cheek, before moving away in case the other did decide to run for it.

"Well I'm glad you're getting along." James accepted the kiss and smiled at Marc. Though kept one eye on Irina just in case. "Your safe for now. But remember to visit mom. As soon as possible she's been worried about you." Irina says to him and went to go rinse her hands off. "Marc the pasta should be done all you have to do is pour out into colander in the sink. I'll be leaving now I have things to do." Going to walk over to door near James and flicked his ear. Muttering a quiet ouch as James rubbed his ear from her flicking it. "It was nice meeting you Marc. Hopefully I get to see you soon." She mused at Marc with playful smile crossing her face.

Marc gave her a small nod in understanding, going to the pasta to dump it into the colander in the sink. Giving a smile back at her, "It was nice meeting you too! I'm sure you'll be seeing me around more often," he mused playfully.

James sort of blushed a bit he was always uncertain how he would tell his mom he started dating again. Not that his mom would be mad about him dating a man. Just he didn't have the best track record with dating.

Irina waved them both off and looked pointedly at James for second. A look he was all to familiar with before she left them. James looked back at Marc. "I'm sorry, if she surprised you. I forgot to tell her I came home she probably came to water my planets." He mused and saw he made dinner. "You made dinner?"

"She sure did give me a fright, not going to lie," Marc responded once Irina had left and gave a small smile, "And I tried to make dinner- but then I burnt it cause I don't understand human stoves. So Irina mainly cooked it for me,"

"Believe me she scares everyone except my mom." James mused at him. "Well that's okay. Next time we can make dinner together or even breakfast. And I'll teach more about a human kitchen. How does that sound?" Asking him with a small smile.

"She reminds me of my sisters; annoying but lovable," he mused to the other and brightened at his suggestion, "That sounds good to me! That way I don't burn something as simple as pasta again,"

"Well it's a deal then." And went to smile at the other. "Let's have dinner and you can come with me back to the guard station. I know Jaylin is going to go find Angelos since our boss wants to meet y'all. Since he doesn't believe that creatures like you and Angelos are willing to help. So we are having an evening meaning so to speak. By then I'm assuming the potion made will wear off by then. If you like I can help you make more before leave shortly after dinner if need be." He says to him.

Meeting the boss? That made Marc slightly nervous and he gave a small nod, "Well I think it'd be better if he saw us as our true forms so he'd believe we're actually creatures?" he responded questioningly, "But okay, dinner then we can head over there!"

James could tell he was nervous. "Don't worry, I'm be there too." He says to him. "Uhhh… but I'm a little nervous about them meeting Angelos. He's the biggest one out you two of you. And the most aggressive… this might be an interesting experience.." Telling him and went to take off his hat and untie his hair to get comfortable. "Well let's have dinner together. I'm sorry you had to be cooped up in the house today. Tomorrow why don't we go out I have an early shift to do somethings and we can go out. How does that sound?"

James had a point. Angelos was 8ft tall, with a large wingspan and a hankering to fight literally anything. "I understand that; but I think it will best suit our case, and we will just have to trust that Angelos won't do anything- rational," he responded softly watching the other from where he stood in the kitchen. Subconciously running a hand through his own shaggy mess of hair, "That sounds good to me! And I didn't mind it really; I just wasn't sure what to do with myself really,"