Monsters Beyond the Fog [p]

Well sometimes t’ey forget. Especially wit’ somet’ing or someone new and exciting is going on.” Angelos mused at him with a small laugh. Seeing the guy slowly moved his gaze as Angelos continued to talk to Jaylin. “So what are we making for dinner t’is evening?” Asking him.

James huffed a bit allowing the kid to wretch from his grasp. As the kid made bee line someplace else. “Just a kid…” Then went to turn to Marc. “You alright Marc?” Asking him as he went to look over the other making sure he wasn’t hurt or anything. “Hey you’re a little red… that kid didn’t fluster you up to bad did he?

He gave a small shrug in response to the mothman, "I have no idea, I was hoping something here would inspire me," Jaylin was obviously not much of a cooker. He'd rather just get take out and take that home than make something at the house, "Besides, you don't wanna eat my cooking; you will not like it,"

Those blue eyes blinked a few times and he put a hand to his face, "U-Uh, yeah I'm okay! He didn't do anything but startle me a bit," Marc assured the other. Quite liking that more- authoratative aspect to James.

Angelos just snorted with amusement. “A bad cook, hmm… Well lucky for chu I can cook.” He says to him. “I see many t’ings we can make. Tobias is growing young man he needs good food to grow and gain some meat on his bones.” Then smiled. “How about somet’ing simple? Chili con carne, my Mamá show me how to make it. Chu can use any type meat. And add preserved green beans, pinto beans, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, and garlic. It’s fast, its hardy, and chu won’t be hungry in middle of t’e night.”

“Glad you’re okay.
” James says with a bit of relief and then looked around a bit. There was some on lookers but he just glared at them. Which got them moving once more as he went to smile at Marc. “Some of the teenage boys can be assholes sometimes. They just need a stern hand is all to correct them.” Then went to hold Marc’s hand. Giving him a squeeze he was maybe still a little tense after that. Being just a bit defensive if not protective over Marc. “Did you want to continue on? Or should we call it a day.

"Sounds like a good idea to me," Jaylin said with a small shrug, he really wasn't a cook. He could bake really well but making real food? It was always burnt, bland and just straight up sad.

"Its okay really, I've had my horns ripped off before its not an issue," Marc assured the other and took hold of his hand in return, hugging onto James' arm, "I'd like to go on, we didn't come this far to not enjoy ourselves,"

Alright t’en let’s get what we need t’en” He says to him as his antennas went straight up. “I smell mangoes.” Angelos says and went to stall that had a lot of fruit. Those amber pupils went huge in his socket like he was enamored with the mangoes as he crouched down low. Those wings went straight up with audible snap as something realigned as spread them out. Like the whole eight feet wing span was out. As he carefully plucked a large mangó sniffing it with his antennas. “Oh t’is one is goood.” Practically purring out.

James nodded. “Okay then let’s keep moving then.” Feeling Marc hug onto his arm and just smiled as he walked with the other they came to playground which the kids were slowly leaving off of for the evening. “Have you ever been on a swing?” Asking him.

The red head had to basically jog after the other when he got a wiff of some mangoes. Really was a fruit he loved huh? Jaylin gave a smile to the people managing the stand, softly apologizing for Angelos' behavior, "Ange, you should bring your wings in before someone steps on them," he whispered to the other.

"I've swung on a vine before!" Marc offered up then gave a small shake of his head, "OTherwise, I don't know what a swing is, no," He gave a small shrug.

Angelos was sniffing the mango with his antenna barely hearing Jaylin. “Huh? Oh right small spaces…” He says and went to snap them shut pressed them onto his back. Bunch of scales came off in the process of him closing tinkling like coins. “Can we get t’is one por favor!!” Practically begging Jaylin with insanely big amber puppy dog eyes.

An amusing thought of Marc swinging on vine crossed James mind as he smiled to himself. “Well let me show you then.” Bringing the other to swing set which was separate from rest of playground. It was metal with a thick leather seat. “Here sit down here. And hold onto the chain as firmly as possible.

He gave a small sigh at the scales tinkling to the ground before looking at the other surprised, "Uh yeah? Do you just want the one or do you want multiple?" Jaylin questioned Angelos. They sold by the pound so like he could have more than one mango.

The young satyr gave him a questionable look before going to sit down on the swing. Shivering at the cold metal on his butt and held onto the straps with a raised brow, "What is the purpose of this contraption?"

Multiples!” He says to him and slight bounced on his claw feet. Carefully picking out the best ones that would be eaten in few days. “Have chu ever had cooked mangó before? It’s so good, papá use to make it and t’en make sauce on top of deer and wild greens we would forage.” Just thinking about his father’s cooking sent such joy to his mind.

It’s fun…” He says to him and grabbed the chain and went to pull it back just a bit. “Just don’t let go.” James says to him and got the swing to move slowly and gradually increase it so Marc could swing.

"No I haven't I also don't eat deer," Jaylin pointed out to the other with a light chuckle. He was really excited to have mangoes wasn't he? Probably the most excited that he has ever seen Angelos be.

Marc gave a questioning look before holding on tightly, and at first was absolutely terrified. Giving a small squeak and closing his eyes but that made the swinging sensation worse. Then statrted to give little bits of laughter.

Deer is good too.” Angelos says to him as he held the mangos. “Let’s get t’e rest of t’e stuff for dinner.” He says to him and went to smile at the other slightly. “Peaches taste good cooked too.”

James heard the other laugh. “It’s kinda fun.” He says to him and went to stop pushing the other since it was a descent go and went to climb on swing next to him and began to get the swing started as well.

Jaylin paid for the mangoes to the young woman behind the stand and gave a small thank you to her. Then looked to Angelos when he suggested getting the rest of the things for dinner, "Alright, we can do that, what else would you think would go good?" He didn't like the idea of eating deer due to knowing Marc and everything.

The satyr looked to the other as he sat in the swing next to him. Hooves digging into the soft sand underneath the swing and gave a smile, "It is kinda fun, terrifyingly fun,"

“Well we usually make tortillas with it. Other times we have spicy pepper bark to crush on top. And sometimes we have both and ot’er times we have neither.” Angelos says to him. “Speaking of tortillas we can use other half of the meat to make fajita style meat for tomorrow.” Telling him.

James just chuckled a bit as he swung. “It’s but I guess that what make it fun.” He then went to jump off the swing when it went up. Landing in soft sand below though he lost his balance and sort fell on his butt. “Didn’t make the landing.” Chuckling and got up to dust himself off.

The red-head gave a small nod in understanding, "Alright, you pick out whatever it is you need and I'll just buy it," he mused to the other with a light chuckle. Jaylin had no idea bout cooking or anything that went into it, but gladly it seemed like Angelos knew what he was talking about.

Marc blinked a bit as James' jumped off the swing and got up off his own, "You goober, why would you do that?" he questioned to help the other up off the ground.

Let’s get some onions and garlic for starters. Every good recipe starts with a good base. Now onions there are three types here.” Moving to the stall with some vegetables. “Yellow are sweet when cooked, white are more tangy when cooked, and red are better raw t’an cooked. So let’s get t’e yellow, some cloves of garlic. Couple potatoes here will go wit’ chur classic ones I can use t’em for breakfast too.” Angelos picked out a couple of random vegetables. Things like carrots, jarred green beans, corn, tomatoes, dried beans, cucumbers, mushrooms, celery, and spinach. Telling Jaylin about some of his favorites. Which was literally every vegetable he was obvious happy eating all types of vegetables.

James looked at him and then smiled at the other. “Why not?” He asked him. “It was fun to do it.” Telling him and went to get up. Dusting himself off of the sand. “I use to jump off the swings all the time when I kid. Though I use to stand on swing and then jump off.

Jaylin was amused to hear the mothman go on about so many different vegetables. For a creature that was suppose to also consume meat; he really loved veggies and fruits the most, "Alright, sounds good to me, I trust ya," he said to the other with a small shrug.

"James! That so dangerous you goof," Marc chastized the other with his hands on his hips.

Good cause if chu say chur a bad cook t’en I’m cooking.” He says to him with a small chuckle. As he leaned to Jaylin and went press his antenna to his cheek. Before he helped carry the bags. “Okay so how about t’e meat and I t’ink we are good.” Telling him.

Maybe it is dangerous. But it’s still fun regardless.” James chuckled a bit with smile. “But I’m your goof and don’t be to upset. I don’t do that anymore… well not typically.” Then went to kiss his cheek.

The red-head jolted a bit at the antenna to his cheek as he didn't expect it, and looked up at Angelos, "Alright, there some good meat in the Italian district which shouldn't be super far from here," he responded to the other. Taking hold of the others' hand to lead him along.

"You're going to break a hip or something," Marc said to the other with a small pout before shaking his head, "You're a danger to yourself,"

“Then let’s go then.” Liking the fact that he surprised the other. Feeling him grab his hand to lead him to next district. “What do you prefer? Chicken or pork?” Asking him. “This place is so weird. No trees or anything.” Telling him.

“You’re mostly right. Why do you think I became a guard?” Asking him. “I’m not afraid to get hurt.” He says to him. “And I’ve broken a few bones, but I’ll save you the story.” James says to him. “You want to explore rest of the park?”

"Either or works for me, I have no preference but Toby has a sensitivity to pork as of right now," Jaylin responded to the other and looked up at the tall building at the others' next words, "Yeah,it is very strange isn't it? Wait till you see the park; we make our own forests here,"

Marcus gave a small pout at the others' words, hating the fact the other isn't afraid of getting hurt. "Well you're lucky that I am an excellent healer," he said to him and poked his chest with a finger before giving a small yawn, "I think, we should head back home. Today- has been enough for me,"