Monsters Beyond the Fog [p]

James was a bit of romantic in some way, so maybe he was being a bit of suck up. However it was all truths to him Marc was the most beautiful being to him. They walked there since where he was located it didn't take long to get there. Of course they were the first to arrive at police station and notice Angelos wasn't there. Looking at Jaylin like where is he?

Angelos came in about five minutes later in his moth form. And you knew cause the whole police station went quiet. Honestly he looked like he been rolling in tree branches and leaves. Cause he was covered in few twigs, leaves, and even flowers. A frog popped up from his fluff with a croak. Feeling eyes upon him he looked around. "What I was foraging? Chu humans have a lot of unused edible vegetables and seeds." Then walked over to Jaylin. "Can we keep t'e sapo?" Asking him gently taking the frog off of him by just holding out his finger as it hopped onto him. Noticing Marc and James smiling a bit. "I got frog buddy. Oh and Marc I got some dandelion buds if chu marinate them in some lime juice and spices. It makes a tasty snack."

This was just fantastic; Angelos was late and when he finally did show up he looked like a rightful mess. Jaylin gave a small sigh, "The frog stays outside of the house if we keep it," he stated to the other firmly and put a hand on his own hip, "Alright, enough scaring the fellow officers; lets hope this goes well and Angelos- best behavior," Jaylin gave the mothman a small glare and a pointed finger before leading them through the station.

It was easy to see which desk was Jaylins' and James' due to their own personal effects littered on them. That and Jaylins' had his name on a plaque as well being that of a higher status than James. Thee four of them were stared at the whole time they walked through the station, Jaylin giving a few glares at some of the officers, and Marc let go of James' hand as they walked. That way it wouldn't feel too- biased.

Chief Chafton was a rather large man; tall and stocky. With black hair that was neatly cut up into a high n tight, a black, thick mustache and dark eyes- he was a rather menancing figure. He had been sitting in his office when he noticed the silence outside and looked up to see Jaylin and James with two creatures. So Jaylin wasn't buffing when he spoke about having two insiders for the disappearances.

He stood up from his desk and met them just outside his office door, "Well, Kirkland, seems like you weren't kiddin' about those - uhm- creatures of yours," Chafton spoke and corrected himself mid-use of the word monster, "Do they speak English at all?"

"Uhm, yes we do," Marc timidly spoke from behind James, then moved forward with his hand out and a kind smile, "I'm Marcus, I'm a satyr," Chafton questioningly shook Marcs' hand, not expecting them to be so well kind? Marc then gestured to Angelos, "And this is Angelos, he's a mothman,"

Chafton gave a light laugh, "Well, sure are a friendly guy aren't ya?" he mused before continuing onwards, "And how is it that you two have helped Sanchez and Kirkland here?"

Angelos let out happy chitter as he was allowed to keep the frog. "Yes…" He says and placed frog on his shoulder where it would be safe. "Ugh! Fine…" Muttering unhappily and went to start de-leaf himself and get the twigs off his fluff. Looking at chief he wasn't impressed honestly he reminded him of stuck up elves he met back when he traveled. "I speak more languages t'an chu could ever in chur short life." Rolling his eyes. "How have we helped? Pfft! Let me tell chu of all t'e creatures t'at would've gladly get rid of t'ese two. Not to mention getting lost in forest of monsters. If anyt'ing chu should be grateful we even bother to help. Most creatures would've made a snack out of humans poking around in forest not to mention the prejudice chu showed churself to be against us. I heard chu trying to not call us monsters just now. Chu may call me monster if you like. But don't ever lump my friend here in t'at category." Looking down to Marc he was trying to not get angry as his jaw split a bit. It opened a little but closed however and he took step forward to Chafton. Holding Marc's shoulder which half his hand covered Marc's shoulder. He hadn't clipped his claws so they were long and sharp. When he heard James whispering up to Angelos to calm down. Glancing back at him with amber eyes. "Fine…" Muttering a bit and backed off. Though he didn't stop looking at chief like he wanted to eat him. Proceeding to remove his hand from Marc and went to clean the twigs and leaves from himself. Though he was using second hands to hold the waste.

James allowed Marc to let go of his hand and he even introduce himself. To the captain, but honestly he could feel the tension when he spoke to them. And knew Angelos was going to be upset especially Chafton hinted at using the word monster. Not to mention he thought they didn't speak English. It kinda devolved however but not completely. "Cálmate… Cálmate… Cálmate…." He whispered up to Angelos.

Jaylin stepped back when Marc stepped forward to talk to the chief, and glanced at Angelos. Gently touching his one of his arms with a hand to calm the other down a bit and giving him a pointed look. The chief was a bit insensitive with his words but they needed things to go smoothly for this to work. The red-head then spoke up, "It is true, Angelos and Marc helped us a lot in the forest. They're how we knew of their customes to talk to other creatures, Angelos specfically helped us a great deal with other creatures cause they have been having the same issue of disappearances,"

Chafton seemed unfazed by the others' aggression, and just gave a laugh, "Oh a fiesty one is he? I meant no harm by my words, and it does sound like- Angelos right?- was a great deal of help," he agreed with Jaylin upon hearing both Angelos speak of what they did in the forest. Jaylin of course backing him up in such endeavors. Then his dark gaze moved to Marc, "And what about him? What has he done to be of help to you two?"

The young satyr shrank back under the chiefs' gaze and his ears flattened to his head quietly, "W-Well," he stammered at first before swallowing, "I am a healer back in the forest. So I have helped heal Jaylin and James when they got hurt. I also make potions to help them communicate with the forest creatures," He lifted his head to look up at the other and offered a slight smile, "I also offer customes of my people and smaller, prey creatures like myself,"

The dark haired man gave a small nod, slowly and seemed to contemplate something, "Well as much as I would love to give it to the both of you, I can only offer it to Angelos for now. He seems to be of greater help than Marc here is, but Marc will have protection within the city until he returns home," Marc blinked a bit and looked to James desperately for help.

Angelos felt Jaylin touch his arm and looked at him. "I'm calm…. I'm calm…" Muttering a bit as he heard that he would be allowed to go on next mission, but Marc was not going. "Now t'at's unfair considering he's my primary healer." He says to him as his wing still had a bit longer to heal before he was able to use it again. Using his last free hand to remove a twig from his fluff. Before smoothing it down so it looked less like mess and more like himself. "I doubt chur own healers would be able to treat someone like me."

James was relieved Angelos calmed down for just a few moment. Though he heard that he was only offering sanction to Angelos. Marc's desperate look at him to help was seen. "With all do respect sir. Marc has done more than just heal. We learned in our in first investigation that humans of course aren't welcome in forest, and can catch our scent. So he created a potion to hide our human scent. If we are to travel to that mountain. We may encounter the same problem. Possibly another creature wanting to harm us if we go up there. Not to mention unlike traditional medicines and magic Marc's is far more superior in healing. Not to mention he has greatest understanding in physiological creatures like Angelos and he's been taking huge strides with humans as well. Plus he's quite nimble I've seen him practically knock out two of his own kind without so much as a scratch. Not to mention his hearing is quite amazing and he was way more aware of creatures that were near us when we were traveling. Actually save us couple of times cause of it."

Chafton looked skeptically at Angelos, then to James as the officer went on about what Marc could possibly do. The man gave a sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose briefly before caving in, "Fine, Marcus can also be granted sanction, but it will only extend for both of them till the end of our investigation and only be within city limits," he stated to the two men, to which Jaylin nodded in understanding. Good, Angelos and Marc would be safe under the polices' guise hopefully.

James was relieved that Chafton was agreeing to this. The only thing was until the investigation was over. Which meant they wouldn't have that protection afterwords so to speak. But one battle won was better than none of them. Plus Marc didn't have to hide himself. "Thank you sir." Trying to hide his overall happiness.

Angelos was happy that Marc was going to be joining them. Because Marc was his friend even if he wouldn't fully admit it in a way. A small chitter emitted from him as his wing somewhat move. Sending a small breeze in the air.

Chafton gave a nod before retreating back into his office. Jaylin seemed to physically relax before Chafton came back with two badged in his hands, "These will make you civillian consultant for the time being, and have you under the protection of Oryns Royal Force," he spoke to Angelos and Marc. Handing each one a badge, "Good luck out there, get to bottom of those disappearances," With that he turned on his heel to head on back into his office.

Jaylin then turned to the other three, "Alright, we're all set now," he said with a slight smile.

Angelos accepted the badge examining it. It was sort of shiny. Looking at James and Jaylin who seemed pleased they got these badge. Apparently these made them Civilian Consultant and protected under the Oryn Royal force. Before he went to bite the metal badge a little bit. Somewhat denting it and chittered some more. "Great, so we can walk around in our normal form." Then went to smooth out his fluff which was clean.

James waited until Chief Chafton left them alone. He looked at Marc and smiled a bit. "I'm glad, now we don't have to worry as much." Then went to place his hand on Marc's shoulder.

"Don't try to eat it," Jaylin chastised Angelos and gave a small sigh, "You can walk around in your normal form yes, but from now on James or I have to be with one of you forprotection," He gave a small shake of his head and turned to lead them back out of the station before anyones eyes burst from staring.

Marc smiled as he held the badge, little tail wiggling happily, "This is so cool!"

"I'm not going to eat it." He says with a sort of distain expression. "I'm marking it. All moth's mark t'ings t'ey like. Whet'er it be scent or even scratches or bites. We like to mark what is ours." Angelos says to him and heard they would have to travel with James or Jaylin. "If we must…" Saying it an fake unhappy tone. "Sure beats being in t'at human form t'ats for sure." Dumping the leaves and twigs outside. "I'm hungry… I haven't eaten since breakfast."

"I think moths are more like cats now." He says to himself and looked at Marc who was happy to have a badge. "It is, now you can openly travel with me." James mused at him with a smile. "Did you still want to go for that walk in park?" Asking Marc.

Must not like me all that much then Jaylin thought and followed them along, "We can head over to some where to get some food if you want?" Jaylin offered Angelos as they stepped outside of the office, the red-head seeming much more relaxed than previously. Chafton got his nerves working something fierce, "I think the Spansih district if over here, they probably have food to your liking,"n Then he seemed to remember something, "Oh right, we were suppose to go shopping together, we could do that and make something at home?"

"Yeah! We can definitely still do that while Jaylin tries to feed Angelos," Marc said with an little amused giggle.

"Yes, as long as t'ere is food." He says to him and went to smile a bit. And went to stretch a bit cause he'd been stuffed up in human form for awhile. One set of arms went up the other straight. An audible crack from his shoulders before he heard that they could make something at home instead. "Actually I like t'at better. Let's get some stuff and make at home." Then set his arms down comfortable his new frog companion hopping to his shoulder. Before he went to grab Jaylin's hand in one of his own. As he wanted to hold his hand. "Can we get mangoes?"

"Let's go for that walk then." Looking back at Jaylin and Angelos. "You two have fun." Musing at them and went to take Marc's hand. Then went to lead him to park which wasn't that far from police station. James liked coming to this park. It had a huge fountain, with lots of flowers, and trees and small playground off to side.

The red-headed officer looked up at the other as he stretched, "Sure, I don't see why not," he agreed. Jaylin was willing to buy Angelos whatever he may need as long as they were in the city. Mangoes, pineapples, starfruit, whatever fruits or veggies the other would want cause he knew Angelos wasn't a big meat eater, "We'll catch you guys later," Jaylin spoke to Marc and James, Marc giving them a small wave goodbye, before Jaylin felt a hand grab his own. He looked down at Angelos' hand with his own before going to start to lead the other away from the police office, "Anything else you may want besides just mangoes?"

Marc followed alongside James, hiw hooves clicking on the sidewalk as he walked, and looked to James as they neared the park. Giving a soft smile to himself before looking around the park, "Wow, humans really know how to make their own forest huh?" he mused to James.

Angelos was happy he could get his most favorite thing. He did wave Marc and James off as they left. When asked if there was anything else he may want. "Vegetables…all kinds! And I guess meat. I don't mind chicken. I actually use to take one or two. It doesn't usually give the same effect as say deer, but it works well enough." As they walked along the people that were out did stare in both awe and fear of Angelos. Some even whispered and others pointed. But Angelos was completely oblivious at the moment. He was chatting happily to Jaylin about vegetable puns. "Hey, how do chu t'ink Tobias is going to react to seeing me as me?" Asking him.

James smiled at Marc. "You're half right. We call this a park. It's a place where there are lots of trees, flowers, usually a fountain or even playgrounds for a kids. It's used as public place for people to gather and have fun. Even relax like what we are doing right now." He explained.

Jaylin hardly gave notice to the people around them, aside from the occasional glare, and pondered the question. How would his son react? Tobias was pretty accepting of most strange things that came with his job, so perhaps good? "I'm unsure; he's dealt with a lot of weird from my work, so I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem?" he offered as an answer and a small shrug.

"Why not just go into a forest for the same thing? Why make such a tiny portion of a forest?" Marc asked curiously and tilted his head to the side. People had started to stop by and stare at Marc, commenting about the hooves and antlers to one another.

"Well this will be a surprised t'en." He says with a small chuckle. Looking quite happy at the idea of surprising Tobias. Then stopped when someone touched his wings causing him to freeze. Touching a moth's wings was a very sensitive thing especially when he was still healing. Letting go of Jaylin's hand and looked over to see a small child who had her hand up just finish touching his wing. Near her mother who looked pale and honestly like she may shit brick. Slowly he bend down to child level. "Curious aren't we?" Asking her in a calm voice and then smiled as the girl just nodded . Gently he went to move his good wing seeing a loose scale and plucked it. "Here…." Whispering to her. Holding a shimmering scale to her. The little girl looked at scale and then Angelos before she took it with a giggle. "Thanks mister…" She giggled before they quickly walked off with mom pulling her along. Scolding her but she was ignoring her mom and waved to Angelos bye.

"Well there is a special treaty we made awhile back with some of the monsters. That we wouldn't go into the forest to disturb the creatures of the forest. Also not everyone can take time to get a nearby forest. So this is the next best option." James explained to him as he smiled a bit. Ignoring the looks Marc was getting and continued to hold his hand with the other so close.

Jaylin was half ready to slap away a hand and give a verbal lashing when Angelos froze. Though it was a small child that had touched the mothman and the other seemed to react- well rather well to the situation. Giving her a scale before she trotted back to her mother who looked like she had seen a ghost. The red head gave a soft breath of relief when the girl was gone, "I am so sorry about that, some kids have no regard for personal space," he said to the other as they walked along.

The young satyr gave a small nod in understanding, very much aware of the looks he was getting, and huddled closer to James out of fear. He never felt so exposed in his life! That was when Marc staggered to a stop as his antler seemed to catch onto something. Though it wasn't a something, it was a someone up in a tree near the path. They had grabbed hold of the antler with a laugh and Marc could only freeze as his antlers' where still very much attached at this point. They wouldn't shed for another couple of weeks.

Angelos stood up and looked to Jaylin. "Hmm… I don't mind kids." He says simply. "Newly form 'adult' Moth's tend to huddle if t'ere parents don't want t'em. At least t'at is what I've seen. No such t'ing as personal space in t'ose situations." Telling him before glancing at side of them. "And it's not children I worry about it's adults." Staring down some people.

James could feel the other huddle close to him. As they walked when someone grabbed Marc's antlers. That's when James grabbed this person's arm extremely hard to get him to let go before practically yanking him out of the tree. Using his body to block Marc away from this person from getting hit when he fell out. "I see you want to be arrested today for misconduct." Fully activating his guard side of himself.

"I honestly understand that," Jaylin replied with a small nod, eyeing down a man who had been staring for quite a long time, "Kids though for humans usually keep their hands to themselves. We try to teach our kids that personal space matters,"

Marc was pushed from the tree to the side of James as the other blocked the man from falling on him. It was teenaged kid who looked terrified of James almost immediately. Giving a small shake of his head quickly, wretching his arm free and turning tail to run. Blush ran along Marcs' cheeks, showing off his light freckles he had, and blinked a bit.