Ken no Unmei |A story of samurai| |OPEN|

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clear this up before people think the worst about the geisha community, at least the ones that don't read up on these kinds of things. True geisha are not prostitutes, alright? Yes, they do entertain guests, but it only involves chatting, playing instruments, dancing. Geisha do flirt, but it's not "sexual" flirting. And there are male geisha (they are the Japanese equivalent of a jester), to just throw that out there, so I don't get only females joining my faction. OK?
Oh, I already knew that. The Geisha, Naomi's mother, is either an ex-follower of Tsukuyomi or just a very hardworking Geisha who did not have the time or money to raise a child. Maybe she didn't want the child because it would mean settling down, maybe she did not like her husband and wanted a better life.

The brothel though? Yeah, -full- of prostitutes.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Oh, I already knew that. The Geisha, Naomi's mother, is either an ex-follower of Tsukuyomi or just a very hardworking Geisha who did not have the time or money to raise a child. Maybe she didn't want the child because it would mean settling down, maybe she did not like her husband and wanted a better life.

The brothel though? Yeah, -full- of prostitutes.
I was letting others with the mindset "oh, a geisha is a prostitute because that's how they are portrayed in some animes and movies" know. But, I'm glad many do not have that mindset. ^^

Hehe, I can literally see Satomi visiting these Geisha Compounds to be in the company of a woman. Drink sake and just slack off.

Reactions: CrimDemon
Appearence:
04b43be3c8bd2df1409699904cd017ad.jpg

Name: Kusanagi Goudo
Race: Half-Kitsune
Faction: Tsukuyomi (Moon)
Temple Weapon: Kaiken connected with a chain
Name of Weapon: "Silence"

Weapon of choice: A black and red katana "Dispair"

img-thing

Skills/abilities/powers:
A calm mind and speed. Stealth. He is most adept at stealth, with only some of the most experienced veterans noticing his presence while in the same room. This allows for subterfuge and reconnaissance. The power of the force and pull gained through the moon. Anything within 1 foot of him moves at 75% of regular speed including time. While being able to control time within 1 foot of him really helps with close range combat but not so much with the speed and distance of ranged combat. Charm. Being half kitsune and being quite hansom has given him the ability to convince and manipulate people to his will, however it is not as strong as the charm from a full-blooded
kitsune.

Personality:
Rarely talking, since the tragedy of his sister, one of the only ways to understand what he is thinking is to understand his body signals and even that is a task among itself. Most people will not understand him but the ones that do will be weary and cautious when in his presence. Hiding his emotions at all times you might think that he doesn't feel, like a man with the heart of a yokai. He always wears his heart on his sleeve. Sadistic. He doesn't allow other people to know it but he rather enjoys causing pain and despair. He understands when and where this trait should surface because it could cause more
trouble than its worth to reveal.

Brief bio:
From a young age he has no been show very much love. From the moment of his birth he was hated and feared by all of those around him. His mother was a Kitsune and his father was a human. It was a love born from the spur of the taboo of it, however it took it's toll. His mother gave birth to twins, a male and female. Akatsuki and Shiro. His father always blamed them for the death of her. The only support Akatsuki had was from his sister. He was given a fox mask by his sister so he will always remember her and to never give up. Being cast out at age 9, they found sanctuary within the temple of an abandoned fighting technique, "Itto Shura" . After years of training under the guidance of the last master of "Itto Shura", he and his sister had fully mastered the technique. The old master gave him a Katana, covered in red and black, it served as a weapon only used to protect those he cares about, bringing life rather than only death. He only uses the Katana in specific instances while mostly using a kaiken connected to a chain. While traveling village to village looking for supplies a band of mercenaries robbed them and killed his sister. This was first time he had taken lives. He hunted all of them. None survived. He wandered for 2 years before hearing of the Temples recruiting people looking for the new Masamune. His new goal. The one thing that will allow him to see his sister. Now nothing matters besides becoming the Father of the World, the Masamune. Not long after joining the Temple of the Moon's pull he was put on a mission causing him to wander between villages looking for a Yokai to kill. While on this mission he found a little girl, with brown hair and amber eyes. She looked just like his sister when she was younger, around the time they got cast out by their father. Chohasu Hashimata was her name. Alone and with nobody to care for her he decided that he will protect someone for once. Like a shard from another time he couldn't just leave her even if he wanted to. She needed to be protected, even to the extent of valuing her life more than his, he vowed to protect her. He gave her the fox mask he got from Shiro, his sister as a momento. He decided to take her back to the Temple so to take care of her. He took the role of a big brother.

Other:
Although he does not distance himself from others most of the time it's the reverse, many people avoid him on sight but it doesn't phase him. He doesn't care for the opinion of others, only caring for the goal before him. While cats tend always be near and how he has a slight disgust of dogs, this is a product of being half-kitsune.

W.I.P​

Last edited:
Reactions: CrimDemon
I am just wondering but will we have a skype group for this or a PM group here on Iwaku? Or none at all?

Also, if anyone wants to have some sort of connection with my character, Satomi, let me know through here or PM.

• Useful
Reactions: Victor Markov
I am just wondering but will we have a skype group for this or a PM group here on Iwaku? Or none at all?

Also, if anyone wants to have some sort of connection with my character, Satomi, let me know through here or PM.
I could have a connection, such as knowing your character before mine joined Amaterasu, and yours was already there. Like your character would be ordered to do something, and mine would get in his way, and or make him fail. Then when my character joins yours is annoyed.

Since he likes sake, he could be a reoccurring customer when the temple is a tea house?

I actually want to make relationship that connects three of us since we are from the same temple if you guys want to ^^ @Akashi @SashaBliss and maybe with the god slayer himself @Edward
Also any other people after I read everyone's CS ^^

Since he likes sake, he could be a reoccurring customer when the temple is a tea house?
@CrimDemon - A good reason to visit Tsukuyomi xD

@Azula - Sure I'm game. We should maybe talk this through on PMs?

@SashaBliss - Although thats one way to connect them, I dont really see a reason for why my character will even be annoyed. It takes alot to annoy Satomi.

• Love
Before we decide on whether there's a Skype chat or an Iwaku pm chat, does everyone here have Skype? I know a few people here do.

appearance:

Name: Izanami

Faction: Temple of the Underworld
img_4533__1__2__3__4_tonemappedalternate-1signsmaller.jpg

Weapon of choice: Staff of a spear
Fighting-Staff-psd102497.png

Skills/abilities/powers: Strong fighter with a staff, ability to summon shade monsters, fast, flexible

Personality: Izanami is a quiet woman, but fair when it comes to judging someone. The only ones who can ever bring her out of her calm demeanor would be her siblings. When with her siblings, Izanami is social and expressive, but when not in their presence, she is quiet and reserved, usually having a black fan hiding the bottom half of her face. She also has a bit of a temper, so be careful.

Brief bio: Being born along side Izanagi, Izanami had always been close to them until they were separated into being in charge of life and death. She loved her other siblings and Masamune until Orochi's betrayal, but even though he betrayed their family, she tried to see the good in him and still see him as family. She has an open heart towards the humans and Yokai alike, always welcoming them to her temple.

Other:

@CrimDemon - A good reason to visit Tsukuyomi xD

@Azula - Sure I'm game. We should maybe talk this through on PMs?

@SashaBliss - Although thats one way to connect them, I dont really see a reason for why my character will even be annoyed. It takes alot to annoy Satomi.
Ok well I'd still like a connection if you can come up with one

Reactions: Akashi
To clear this up before people think the worst about the geisha community, at least the ones that don't read up on these kinds of things. True geisha are not prostitutes, alright? Yes, they do entertain guests, but it only involves chatting, playing instruments, dancing. Geisha do flirt, but it's not "sexual" flirting. And there are male geisha (they are the Japanese equivalent of a jester), to just throw that out there, so I don't get only females joining my faction. OK?
I was going to make a female, though not because of that thought process or mindset. I don't even think you'd be able to classify the character I was going to make as anything akin to a Geisha. Regardless, because I was going through immense mindblock when creating her, I'm currently not sure if I want to fix up the bio or scrap it. That, and it's my dad's birthday today, so gimme some more time >.< I'm still here, just still in the process of making my character.

• Thank You
Awesomesauce, I think PM is better! I'll shoot you two with PM soon @Akashi @SashaBliss

Reactions: Akashi
I was going to make a female, though not because of that thought process or mindset. I don't even think you'd be able to classify the character I was going to make as anything akin to a Geisha. Regardless, because I was going through immense mindblock when creating her, I'm currently not sure if I want to fix up the bio or scrap it. That, and it's my dad's birthday today, so gimme some more time >.< I'm still here, just still in the process of making my character.
By all means, take as much time as you need. I am in no rush.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but currently out of the CS's formed (accepted or not), the people listed here are currently in the faction...

~Amaterasu~
@Edward
Iha Usami - @Azula
Muramasa Shinki - @SashaBliss
Satomi Kiyouka - @Akashi

~Tsukuyomi~
@CrimDemon
Chohasu Hashimata - @CrimDemon
Naomi Tsukimo - @Ythania
Koji Io - @Ko T'suno
Kusanagi Goudo- @Akatsuki Gremory

~Orochi~
@Victor Markov
Hotaru Taguchi - @Raven Haruka

(I'm sorry, but I got confused trying to read through all the pages, and therefore made this list up, if it becomes a bother please let me know)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but currently out of the CS's formed (accepted or not), the people listed here are currently in the faction...

~Amaterasu~
@Edward
Iha Usami - @Azula
Muramasa Shinki - @SashaBliss
Satomi Kiyouka - @Akashi

~Tsukuyomi~
@CrimDemon
Chohasu Hashimata - @CrimDemon
Naomi Tsukimo - @Ythania
Koji Io - @Ko T'suno
Akatsuki Gremory - @Akatsuki Gremory

~Orochi~
@Victor Markov
Hotaru Taguchi - @Raven Haruka

(I'm sorry, but I got confused trying to read through all the pages, and therefore made this list up, if it becomes a bother please let me know)
I think that about sums it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.