Ken no Unmei |A story of samurai| |OPEN|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, anyone who joins my faction gets a tanto like this:
519dCi4vUmL__AA280_.jpg

You still misunderstand, I think. Not all of her followers are female. DX
Well you thought wrong. I understood that there is one male there, rest are females, and the fact that I will still make a female char.

Sorry for the lack of anything out of me. Had to dissemble my computer since I was having hardware issues. I should be good now. I'll probably have a CS rough draft out by tomorrow evening and I'll most likely go for the Izanami faction.

One last, quick question, if I may be permitted: would it possible to get a list of what additional weapon a faction provides? Or at the very least, what theme set of weapons they'd prefer.

Sorry for the lack of anything out of me. Had to dissemble my computer since I was having hardware issues. I should be good now. I'll probably have a CS rough draft out by tomorrow evening and I'll most likely go for the Izanami faction.

One last, quick question, if I may be permitted: would it possible to get a list of what additional weapon a faction provides? Or at the very least, what theme set of weapons they'd prefer.
Currently working on a update as everyone speaks. :)

Second quotation....for second chara

Can I split it into two tanto??
Sorry, but no. I was going to call that tanto the snake fang tanto.

• Useful
Reactions: Ko T'suno
I think I'll be making a character for Izanami's faction now too, mainly as she doesn't have any yet and the benefits and techniques fit better with my character.

GQYZOO.jpg

辻斬り
Tsujigiri

Age: 32 ¦ Gender: Male ¦ Rank: Tanto ¦ Faction: Temple of the Underworld

Weapon of Choice:
zcNTvR.jpg
Although favoring the nodachi above all other weapons, he has lost since lost his original weapon.

Skills/Abilities/Powers:
War Forged
Having fought in several battles, Tsujigiri possesses the skill, knowledge, and experience that surpass mere swordsmanship. From recognizing different fighting styles to recalling known weaknesses in armor, he will seek to exploit them all.

Chimori Hissatsu-ryū (血森 必殺 流)
An unique style of swordsmanship created by the Chimori clan, focusing more on adaptability and observation rather than memorization of stances and movements. Whereas many sword styles seek to end any confrontation in a single blow, the Chimori style was developed to completely crush an opponent's technique by observing and exploiting any flaws that are presentable before delivering the inevitable final blow. Because of this mindset, the style's reputation this considered brutal and needlessly cruel method of combat. Since the Chimori style is more based the improvisation of determining the flaws an opponent or predicting their next move, it has the flexibility of incorporating elements of other schools of swordsmanship.

Izanami's Gift: "Fleeting Shadow"
While quick limbs are always a boon to a warrior, a quicker mind far outpaces it. Tsujigiri's mind can process information much more quickly than most, allowing him to react instantaneously.

Izanami's Gift: "Shadow of the Past"
Through his chosen God Slayer's influence, Tsujigiri can manipulate the shadows of his tanto's scabbard, drawing them out to become a continuation of the blade thus lengthening it to suit his needs. The shadowy construct has the sharpness and weight of a blade to his opponent, yet feels no difference to him, save the visual appearance of a black wispy blade overlapping the steel of the tanto. This shadow can be dismissed when needed, but the weapon would needed to be sheathed again before the effects can be used once more.

Personality:
Boisterous in public, yet solemn in private; brash and crude among strangers, yet sophisticated among peers; eager for combat and power, yet as only means to an end. For a man who is never seen without a mask and call himself the crossroads killer, it is not hard to imagine that Tsujigiri is not entirely there.

Biography:
The Chimori Clan
Originally known as the Chirimori (塵森 "Dusty Forest") several generations ago, their only domain was that of a tiny village tucked away in an arid forest. Merely peasants who knew nothing of combat or war, they would be known for their bravery and loyalty when the emperor, fleeing from overwhelming rebel forces, passed through that tiny village in his haste. Knowing that his pursuers would quickly follow, the peasants chose to put themselves in the way in order to ensure his escape, an action that guaranteed death to them all. Setting traps and with suicidal abandoned, they ambushed the opposing forces, using whatever means to survive the encounter. Because of the brutality of their methods and legends depicting the forest painted in blood, they would be known from that day forth as the Chimori (血森 "Bloody Forest"). Due to their loyalty and bravery, they were elevated well above their former rank and their domain expanded far beyond the forest that had given them their namesake. Those opposed to their ascension considered them nothing more than vile savages and for quite some time, the Chimori well all too happy to leave this impression, for such savagery saved them from complete annihilation. It is said that once they chose to abandon this mindset, they set in motion their downfall. Friction within the clan arose as those who sought to keep their clan's identity and those who sought to make themselves more "civilized", leading to infighting that allowed a rival clan to take advantage amidst combat. Most of the Chimori were killed, or committed seppuku out of despair or command, leaving the remaining members of the clan disbanded, left now as mere ronin or peasant.

aID0Gy.jpg
Born as Chimori Hachirou, he would later take up the name Jubei upon his genpuku. Caught between the pull of both factions within his clan, he was uncertain of his place within the clan and society for much of his youth. To further this uncertainty he found that while he excelled in combat, he had a passion for the arts, primarily poetry and painting. These conflicts subsided with his marriage to Kotone and the pregnancy that quickly followed. Unfortunately, misfortune would begin its haunt upon him as the Chimori were crushed in battle and disbanded, leaving him and his pregnant wife with little left. Jubei was determined to do whatever it took to raise his family, going so far as to sell his swords just for the money, however, he would fall into despair as Kotone died during childbirth and he was left broken when his daughter, Akiko, died from illness only a few months later. Grief-stricken, he left his home and began to wander, neither knowing where he went, nor caring. He would eventually find himself before the Temple of the Underworld and its resident God Slayer. It was from that day he cast aside his old self. He desired power in order to take revenge, not on the clan who had destroyed the Chimori, but on something else. Perhaps fate itself?

Other:
*Wears a menpo mask nearly at all times, although the reason for this and his name change have yet to be explained.
*Has a penchant for drinking and reciting poetry when drunk
*Proposed Seiryu: Norio Wakamoto

Last edited:
Sorry, but no. I was going to call that tanto the snake fang tanto.

Understood, I am thinking of having this Orochi follower have his origin at the temple of the underworld then joined Orochi later on....
Unless there is problem with this..

Understood, I am thinking of having this Orochi follower have his origin at the temple of the underworld then joined Orochi later on....
Unless there is problem with this..
I see no issue with it.

Reactions: Ko T'suno
image.jpeg
Appearance
Name: Kumo Hiryu

Faction: Orochi (Temple of Yamata no Orochi)

Weapon of choice:
Leviathan's Fang
image.jpeg
Skills/abilities/powers:
Sword Style:
Ono-ha Itto-ryu
(One Stroke Style)

A fighting style that was created for dueling rather than multi weapons, the Ono-Ha Itto-ryu main focus is to defeat a opponent in a single attack. The technique has 150 ways to cut down the enemy, and all are used to kill.
Magic:
Kumo is apart of the Orochi faction, which means he has the ability to control the water and the shadows; however, because he is such a low rank these abilities are not as destructive as his God Slayer.
Magic Techniques:
•Water cloak
-This makes Kumo almost invisible in the rain or swimming. However can only be held up very briefly currently.
•Pinning Shadows
-By controlling other shadows, Kumo can paralyze his opponent by keeping there shadow in place, which can lead up to a strike. Like Water Cloak it is still used only for a short period of time.

Personality:
•Cool, calm and collected.
Kumo is quite docile from a bumpy childhood of intense training.
•Perfectionist
Coming from his harsh teaching methods, Kumo's farther imbedded that he needs to be nothing less than perfect or he will never be anything later in life. Kumo now takes everything almost too seriously which can lead to his down fall.
•Passive
Kumo believes that issues with others are bothersome, so he often lets things go quietly.
•"Big Brother"
He cares about others very dearly to him, for this is really shows when he's around children, who he often enough plays with. Kumo is also to known to defend children from anything he finds dangerous.
•Analytic
The Ono-Ha Itto-ryu fighting style requires to know how to deliver the most devastating blow quickly and efficiently. Through his training Kumo has been able to defeat his opponents by letting them attack Kumo, while he defended against them, then taking them down after he finds a place to strike.

Brief bio: Kumo Hiryu was born into a era of God Slayers, where a common man could become a God themselves. His farther was a leader of a Dojo where he taught others the Ono-Ha Itto-ryu fighting style for several years up until Kumo was born where he left his best student in charge while he trained his son. Training began at 5 years old where it started with simple exercises to condition him for the later years. Often Kumo would fail simple task as doing a hundred push ups or running a few kilometers too slow, punishment for this was often a beating or being left alone in the wild for several days. Soon enough he was in shape to begin his actual training of Ono-Ha Itto-ryu. Kumo was confused why his dad wanted to give up his job to just train him, but never questioned him. Training became more intense, and failing now would cause a far worse punishment than before. After several years of this training Kumo's father has created a new warrior to the world of Gods and Goddesses, and as a result of this Kumo saw all the new ways to test his skills against others, and decided to become a God Slayer. Was it his own idea or his dad's though? Either way he made up his mind to become a God Slayer, and to become the most powerful samurai to ever live.

Other: •Despite his fathers training methods being so dangerous and putting his life in danger several times Kumo loves his Father.
•Kumo never had a brother or sister which may be a reason why he's protective to children.

Last edited by a moderator:
[BCOLOR=transparent]
tumblr_n1cq15FPPM1rzuz2eo1_500.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Takaze Kurotsuchi | [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Age:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] 17 | [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Gender:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Male | [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Rank:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Tanto | [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Faction: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Temple of the Underworld[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weapon of choice:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
Tantofeuild.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Skills/abilities/powers:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Not the brute-force sort. Takaze realizes strength isn’t his—well, strength, and so instead focuses on his speed, agility and skill with a blade. Aside from that, Takaze possesses a cool head that is capable of calmly analyzing even the most dire of situations. He’s an adept strategist, despite not looking or acting the part. Unfortunately, Takaze currently holds a rather poor affinity to magic. Perhaps in the future this will change with the help of his Immortal.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Muso Jikiden Eishin-ryu[/BCOLOR]

• Muso Jikiden Eishin-ryu focuses on iaido. Iaido, derived from iaijutsu, develops the samurai skill of drawing the sword and cutting in the same movement, rather than cutting from a traditional stance after already having drawn the sword. Iaido aims to cultivate spiritual harmony in addition to the battlefield skill of iaijutsu. Eishin-ryu contains sitting techniques, standing techniques and techniques for use against multiple opponents, as well as for use on terrain.
[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A rather calm and lazy individual. You wouldn’t take Takaze for nobility at first glance given how he acts. If he isn’t sleeping or staring off into space, he’s likely teasing those around him or even gambling. Thankfully, he doesn’t swindle anyone “on his side” out of anything important, but the fact that he could doesn’t make you feel any more comfortable with him holding a hand of cards or a couple of dice. Honestly, he’ll play the role of the jester you can’t seem to hit back with anything. Takaze rarely takes offense to anything and should you manage to come up with a retort to one of his remarks that are, yes, fully purposed to get a reaction out of you, he’ll just have a hundred more waiting to counter. His silver tongue and remarkable ability to read people are likely the only resemblances he holds to blue blood. Despite this calm, devil-may-care attitude, it is visible that Takaze worries for those around him and will lend a hand to, or even protect to his best ability, whom he can.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Bio:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Only child to a minor noble family, Takaze was born into the elite samurai-class. Trained since a young age, both with a blade and in more “noble” acts, Takaze quickly felt smothered with duties he honestly couldn’t care less for. He would often sneak out to screw around with the lower-class kids of the town, preferring their company to his own kind. They didn’t have to worry about any of the boring things that was forced upon them; he honestly held a bit of jealousy towards them. Unfortunately, the closest he could come to their simple way of life was sneaking away from his own family to mess around with them. While originally just a method of escapism from his responsibilities, it would eventually lead to meeting his idol.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Once, when the boys ran off to the outskirts of the town, they were assaulted by a rather aggressive yokai. It was only due to a temple servant being near that they were spared. Their savior instantly earned Takaze’s admiration and, despite the woman simply trying to go on with her day, was shadowed for most of it by the boy she saved. Eventually, the samurai decided to appease and actually converse with him for a while before returning to her home. The woman only piqued more of his interest. She had such a passion and drive for her life; something Takaze sorely lacked. Not that he wanted to die or give up on life, he just didn’t have any enthusiasm for the life he was supposed to live. She claimed to hold such a drive due to her admiration to her Immortal and will to protect others. The boy wanted something like that, but unfortunately it was as she told him; he would have to find motivation himself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Before the woman left, she did at least manage to get Takaze to stop slacking so much, stating that he wasn’t going to find anything meaningful to live his life for by half-assing everything. After she left the town, he began paying more attention to his duties and training, even excelling in it. By his mid-teens he had passed the level of what his teachers could educate him and—began to sneak out of his home to go slack off again. Over the years, his intellect and tactical ability had showed significant growth. It was unfortunate that he tended to use it in gambling rings, though at least he’d more often than not win. It was during this period that his idol returned, though in a more morbid appearance than he’d have liked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She was the same, yet something was wrong. Her drive was the same but her hope—seemed lacking. The woman didn’t share much with him. Honestly, she was just passing through and happened to run into him. She didn’t say much on what was wrong or where she was going. Despite whatever she was going through, she put more focus on Takaze and the fact he still had not acquired something to motivate him. The woman told him that she once felt the same and ended up traveling in search of it. Eventually, she came upon a temple and found purpose in her life by devoting herself to the Immortal that ruled it and protecting those vulnerable to the demons that plagued the world. The woman spared the detail of [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]which[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Immortal it was, likely knowing the boy would simply go there directly, but at the least gave him the idea before leaving and never returning again.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After that, Takaze took some money and equipment he felt was needed and left before his family could interject. He traveled for a year or so and grew no closer to finding some push his life needed. Nearly losing hope, Takaze recalled what his idol did in the end. Perhaps service to one of the mighty Immortal’s would help give him purpose? With that hope in mind, Takaze sought service in the temple that seemed most to his liking, which ended up being the Temple of the Underworld.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Brief Bio:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A free-spirited noble seeking purpose and drive in his life. Due to his savior and idol’s story of similar dilemmas in her own life being solved by travel and eventual service to an Immortal, as well as protecting those who can’t protect themselves, Takaze set out to search for his own motivation. After over a year of no progress, the boy decided to seek service in the Temple of the Underworld, which he felt most fitted his style, hoping that he could find some purpose for his life.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Other: [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]-Always is carrying around something that pertains to gambling, such as dice or cards.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.