Ken no Unmei |A story of samurai| |OPEN|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be having character sheet(s) up soon!

Ah, so they're empty for a reason. That certainly makes things interesting.
They are empty because susanoo and izanagi is the two god slayers anyone can achieve... This is the premise besides the masamune.

If you picked either of those as your faction would you just be a ronin, or are they closed off for now?

If you picked either of those as your faction would you just be a ronin, or are they closed off for now?
I would prefer for those two factions be closed till someone reaches tsurugi rank and decides to become them.

UIhu7K4.jpg

NAME

Satomi Kiyouka

RANK
Tanto

FACTION
Amaterasu

WEAPON OF CHOICE
small_BigJL-024BS.jpg

SKILLS/ABILITIES

SWIFTNESS
- Satomi has been honing his skills and reflexes since he was five years old, and now, in his current day and age, he has extreme focus and the ability to move at great speed. Despite him being a human, he knows his limits.-

GREAT STAMINA/ENDURANCE
- Just like with his speed, he has been honing his ability to prolong a battle as long as neccessary. He has developed great endurance over the course of his life, and his stamina can last for quite some time. It really takes time for him to get tired, unless the situation is not in his favor.

KOGATSU GEKIMETSU (焦がす 撃滅 - Searing Blight)
- By gently stroking his blade from its hilt down to its tip, or rather, edge, he is able to coat or engulf his blade in black flames. Allowing him to burn his opponents with the succession of his strikes rather than inflicting damage through cuts. It leaves an everlasting but agonizing pain.

SERPENT STYLE
- Something he's working on. An individual style which allows him, or would in the end give him the ability to use any weapon similar to a Katana in a fight. Using swift and quick motions, thrust and anything that would allow him to wiggle an attack in, this works even better if he's dual-wielding. However, this is still a work in progress, but it is mainly something he wishes to become better at in order to combine it with his usual fighting style.

HITEN-MITSURUGI-RYŪ (飛天御剣流 - Flying Heaven Govern Sword-Style)

PERSONALITY
Satomi is quite carefree and energetic. Despite that, he tends to slack of more than the other. Even so, he can be kind and funny if the situation allows him to. Other than that, he's optimistic and quite an idealist. He is quite fearless and is rather quite blunt or straightforward if its neccessary from him. He does not beat around the bushes, and rather gets to the point if there is any. He can be quite serious, charming even, and obviously playful. If anything, the man enjoys the company of a woman. Still, his focus and his determination always a step ahead. In his current day and age, one has to even be manipulative to get what one wants. Obviously, Satomi has great pride and honor in regards of his swordsmanship. He revels in a great battle between a Samurai, and would mostly never say no to a challenge.

HISTORY
Satomi Kiyouka was born an orphan, or thats how he grew up. He has no family, or not one he knows about. However, despite the lack of love in his life from his biological family, he grew up to become an energetic kid. Like him, there were several other orphans in a compound called the Kiyouka House. Therefore, like the other orphans, his last name was the latter. It was a small compound that had about 50-60 orphans living in it. It was a blissful life, at least for him. Luckily, one of the people they all looked up to, or called them their sensei, was an amazing Samurai. Still, unlike the others, Satomi grew quite interesting in what came with the responsbility of being one just like his sensei.

While some of the other orphans joined him, they all trained with their sensei, but to the others, it was a game, something to pass the time, something they played with one another. Satomi was also like this at the beginning, but in the end, he was the only orphan left who was serious about becoming a Samurai. Like the other orphans, they all did errands for the grown ups in the compound they lived in. Went in a group of kids and bought groceries and whatever they were told to bring back. That's also when Satomi, through the many rumors about in the area they lived in, found out that the Kiyouka House they were all coming from, had a really bad reputation.

Obviously, he was the only one who paid more attention than the others, and not so long after, the entire Kiyouka House was burned to crisp. Many lives were lost, and Satomi was amongst the few who survived such a tragic event. Later, he found out that his sensei was actually a Yokai, a being not from his world, or rather, something that never was a human. Thats also when he realized why people used to call the Kiyouka House a place for monsters. Again, the he became an orphan, or a thief, and used the skills he had as a Samurai-to-be to steal and survive. Thats also when Amaterasu paid him a visit.

VOICE

EXTRA

- He enjoys his time on an open field, gazing at the sky to pass the time.
- Satomi likes sake, and one can see him constantly in a shop that serves it.
- He has a curious mind, and can in some cases explore the unknown until he's satisfied.
- The man can also be quite lazy and laidback, but don't let that fool you.
- Satomi is very adept in passing time by playing instruments such as Biwa and the Sanshin.

Last edited:
If there is anything that needs to be changed. Let me know. :)

Reactions: Kame
UIhu7K4.jpg

NAME

Satomi Kiyouka

RANK
Tanto

FACTION
Amaterasu

WEAPON OF CHOICE
2LxINJD.jpg

SKILLS/ABILITIES

SWIFTNESS
- Satomi has been honing his skills and reflexes since he was five years old, and now, in his current day and age, he has extreme focus and the ability to move at great speed. Despite him being a human, he knows his limits.-

GREAT STAMINA/ENDURANCE
- Just like with his speed, he has been honing his ability to prolong a battle as long as neccessary. He has developed great endurance over the course of his life, and his stamina can last for quite some time. It really takes time for him to get tired, unless the situation is not in his favor.

KOGATSU GEKIMETSU (焦がす 撃滅 - Searing Blight)
- By gently stroking his blade from its hilt down to its tip, or rather, edge, he is able to coat or engulf his blade in black flames. Allowing him to burn his opponents with the succession of his strikes rather than inflicting damage through cuts. It leaves an everlasting but agonizing pain.

SERPENT STYLE
- Something he's working on. An individual style which allows him, or would in the end give him the ability to use any weapon similar to a Katana in a fight. Using swift and quick motions, thrust and anything that would allow him to wiggle an attack in, this works even better if he's dual-wielding. However, this is still a work in progress, but it is mainly something he wishes to become better at in order to combine it with his usual fighting style.

PERSONALITY
Satomi is quite carefree and energetic. Despite that, he tends to slack of more than the other. Even so, he can be kind and funny if the situation allows him to. Other than that, he's optimistic and quite an idealist. He is quite fearless and is rather quite blunt or straightforward if its neccessary from him. He does not beat around the bushes, and rather gets to the point if there is any. He can be quite serious, charming even, and obviously playful. If anything, the man enjoys the company of a woman. Still, his focus and his determination always a step ahead. In his current day and age, one has to even be manipulative to get what one wants. Obviously, Satomi has great pride and honor in regards of his swordsmanship. He revels in a great battle between a Samurai, and would mostly never say no to a challenge.

HISTORY
Satomi Kiyouka was born an orphan, or thats how he grew up. He has no family, or not one he knows about. However, despite the lack of love in his life from his biological family, he grew up to become an energetic kid. Like him, there were several other orphans in a compound called the Kiyouka House. Therefore, like the other orphans, his last name was the latter. It was a small compound that had about 50-60 orphans living in it. It was a blissful life, at least for him. Luckily, one of the people they all looked up to, or called them their sensei, was an amazing Samurai. Still, unlike the others, Satomi grew quite interesting in what came with the responsbility of being one just like his sensei.

While some of the other orphans joined him, they all trained with their sensei, but to the others, it was a game, something to pass the time, something they played with one another. Satomi was also like this at the beginning, but in the end, he was the only orphan left who was serious about becoming a Samurai. Like the other orphans, they all did errands for the grown ups in the compound they lived in. Went in a group of kids and bought groceries and whatever they were told to bring back. That's also when Satomi, through the many rumors about in the area they lived in, found out that the Kiyouka House they were all coming from, had a really bad reputation.

Obviously, he was the only one who paid more attention than the others, and not so long after, the entire Kiyouka House was burned to crisp. Many lives were lost, and Satomi was amongst the few who survived such a tragic event. Later, he found out that his sensei was actually a Yokai, a being not from his world, or rather, something that never was a human. Thats also when he realized why people used to call the Kiyouka House a place for monsters. Again, the he became an orphan, or a thief, and used the skills he had as a Samurai-to-be to steal and survive. Thats also when Amaterasu paid him a visit.

EXTRA
- He enjoys his time on an open field, gazing at the sky to pass the time.
- Satomi likes sake, and one can see him constantly in a shop that serves it.
- He has a curious mind, and can in some cases explore the unknown until he's satisfied.
- The man can also be quite lazy and laidback, but don't let that fool you.

u29zXz0.jpg
Serpent style seems more on the side of Orochi. Other than that it looks good.

Serpent style seems more on the side of Orochi. Other than that it looks good.
I know, because of the name. But thats just something he's calling it. xD

Also, thanks.

I'm thinking of doing something a little different with my bios, would there be any posibility of bandits or rather barbarians from the wilds, being arrested and "Pardoned" with conscriptation? Was thinking I may leave the clan leaders to choose to snatch mine up in RP. Though I remember the magic rules being tied or decided by the master wasn't it?

I'm thinking of doing something a little different with my bios, would there be any posibility of bandits or rather barbarians from the wilds, being arrested and "Pardoned" with conscriptation? Was thinking I may leave the clan leaders to choose to snatch mine up in RP. Though I remember the magic rules being tied or decided by the master wasn't it?
This story is about samurai. Well the magic of each temple was already established long before the rp was made, however your god slayer can teach you new techniques under their elemental category.

Color Code: #013c01
Appearance: With a height of 4'9, a pale complexion, and a weight of 76 lbs., she has a small, nimble build meant for graceful and coldly calculated movements. Her dark green hair reaches her hips, and is usually tied back with a black ribbon.

Name: Hotaru Taguchi
Faction: Fangs of Orochi

Weapon of choice: "Blink"
[spoili][/spoili]

Twin Bladed Dagger, poisoned on each blade. (Secondary Weapon, curtesy of faction)
[spoili]
e9e46b91ecb071c7b4b2f06ef35d724a.jpg
[/spoili]

Skills/abilities/powers:
~Icy Mind~
Hotaru can maintain a calm façade during any crisis, sometimes even convincing herself that she's fine. This helps when battling, for a calm mind can support graceful, fluid movements.

~Water Manipulation~
Hotaru is currently learning water manipulation, even though it currently is very basic.​

Personality:
Hotaru is a very quiet, polite girl, who can normally be seen as shy and extremely introverted. Never truly expressing her opinions or feelings, she speaks in short sentences only when it is required for her to respond or make her intention clear. While this makes her seem like the perfect little soldier, she does have a will of her own, though it's very hard for her to disagree with anybody of a higher status than herself.
Though this just means that she has to work hard, so that nobody can ever talk down to her. Determination to forge her own life willingly is what drives her, and she absolutely hates the idea of people making key life choices for her.

Brief Bio:[spoili]
Most of her life was spent in the household of a lord, who accidentally fathered the child with a woman of lower class. Needless to say that when her mother died, the child was sent to the place of her father, with a written note explaining the situation.

The lord (who was a very young, handsome womanizer at the time), was both enraged and embarrassed, not wanting anybody to know that he had a child. So, he did what any unwilling parent would do, and locked Hotaru up in the recesses of the mansion, where only some servants were allowed to bring her food, water, and books.

This all happened when she was six years old. For the next six years, Hotaru was brought up with the idea that children should neither be seen or heard, and so she managed to entertain herself by making a game out of avoiding guests during the day, while during night she would read the books given to her.

Then, when she was 13, she accidentally knocked over the small oil lamp one night, catching fire to the wooden household. The servants who didn't live nearby had already left, and everybody else was asleep, so it was only a naturally reasonable assumption that they would all die in their sleep whilst Hotaru escaped, dressed in an oversized black blouse and a white cloak, and wearing the only thing left by her mother; some tarnished bronze crosses that were tied into her hair.

This assumption on her part was proved accurate later the next day, when rumors of arson swept the nearby village. The girl, dressed as a simple traveler, had nowhere to go, and also no idea of where to go. So she traveled, north, eventually reaching a temple that's said to be owned by one of the legendary 'God-Slayers'.
[/spoili]

Other:
...she has a weakness for sweets. It's actually one of the best ways to win her over, is to give her some form of sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CrimDemon
Uh, I more of meant how they became a samurai.. Unless they were born samurai, in which case the weapon and title ranks make no sense.

But very well.

Everyone, the god slayer Susanoo and the god slayer Izanagi are work for Its. It's not a gimme. It's a work up to it. Don't go asking for them. If you ask, you will not get them.

Just so you know, I've taken amaterasu as my temple since I always love seeing a kitsune playing with fire :3 I'll add fire-based power later when I'm home from work.

That's a heart breaker. Amaterasu has three and Orochi has one already.​

Don't worry, you'll get some followers sooner or later.

Reactions: CrimDemon
Status
Not open for further replies.