Ken no Unmei |A story of samurai| |OPEN|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I see..I'll just keep an eye on it then. So long as no one pulls a Lord Vader and executes you on a whim or for failure, missions of various sorts are fine, being killed without say, or made to sit in a puddle of piss, well thats something else.. Well guess I'll work on a bio or two once I see what gods are up.
I'm about to put up the god slayers that are taken so no one will have to wait to see what god slayers were picked.
Also you have to remember this is essentially medieval japan so honor is key here, if your god slayer does something like that then not only would they be hated amongst all other god slayers and temples but they would forever have their name and temple cursed with eternal hatred. Too get executed would mean that you pulled a sword on your leader or high up, Also execution is unhonorable which will give your family a bad name. Suicide after failure is the most honorable way to die in the samurai's eyes.

Of course, I know the history of the region fairly well, and I expect the conduct to be around that. And yes to the suicide option, or causes for death, though it posses an interesting question, if Shinobi exsist in this Era, or could eventually form, mostly by a defeated Samurai, or one that ran from justice.

Only need them to run into a Chinese Monk, and I'll leave my magic and faction blank till thats done.

Of course, I know the history of the region fairly well, and I expect the conduct to be around that. And yes to the suicide option, or causes for death, though it posses an interesting question, if Shinobi exsist in this Era, or could eventually form, mostly by a defeated Samurai, or one that ran from justice.

Only need them to run into a Chinese Monk, and I'll leave my magic and faction blank till thats done.
Well seeing how the title says ''A story about Samurai'' i'm not sure if ill allow shinobi... YET.

Whoa, sorry I wasn't active yesterday, had to perform for school.
And I'll get started on a CS, seeing as how this is amazing.

Reactions: Kame
Question! With Izanami and Izanagi, which is life and which is death?

Quick Questions

~Is there an age limit? I mean I get that tiny children or frail elders probably can't be a thing, but I'm guessing mid-teens+?

~For choosing a faction, would it be preferred that we ask the people who are the God-Slayers if our character is alright, since it is their temple?

Well no, since humans and every race came from their. Essentially you could say everyone is a bit 1% yokai regardless seeing how they all were birthed from the same realm. But no a full yokai would be like the picture i showed you.
Not to argue with you but generally that isn't always the case to certain yokai such as the kitsune or fox yokai, they generally look like a regular fox, others might have a few extra tails depending on age, but they also have the ability to shape into men and women. It was along the lines that actually all animals are yokai, just foxes, or kitsune are the ones who can shape shift, also that doesn't mean there can't be a half breed, usually portrayed by inyuasha or other anime characters, they look like normal humans with ears and tail, though they don't carry the ability to shape shift if you were wondering, also when a half yokai come into place they usually carry more of the human side with a few exceptions to full and half yokai.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Question! With Izanami and Izanagi, which is life and which is death?
Izanami is death because in her mythos folklore she died by birth and for izanagi it is life because he lived even through the hard times.

Quick Questions

~Is there an age limit? I mean I get that tiny children or frail elders probably can't be a thing, but I'm guessing mid-teens+?

~For choosing a faction, would it be preferred that we ask the people who are the God-Slayers if our character is alright, since it is their temple?
Yes you can show your CS to your temple god slayer, however if its izanami then i would hold off and just send it to me instead because cyber cant get on the computer for the weekend.
Also age can be as low as 5 years, although age will have major effects on your ranks. For example if your under 10 then your not going to have a rank, rather you would be a child for someone then after 10 i would say you would achieve tanto.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Not to argue with you but generally that isn't always the case to certain yokai such as the kitsune or fox yokai, they generally look like a regular fox, others might have a few extra tails depending on age, but they also have the ability to shape into men and women. It was along the lines that actually all animals are yokai, just foxes, or kitsune are the ones who can shape shift, also @RedArmyShogun that doesn't mean there can't be a half breed, usually portrayed by inyuasha or other anime characters, they look like normal humans with ears and tail, though they don't carry the ability to shape shift if you were wondering, also when a half yokai come into place they usually carry more of the human side with a few exceptions to full and half yokai.
Not too sure if i'm going to imply that into the lore seeing that everyone was birthed from the underworld.

[bg=#800517][fieldbox="Shinki, black, solid"]
a-saito_hajime-1413889.jpg
Name:
[BCOLOR=#000000]Muramasa Shinki[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]Tanto[/BCOLOR]
Faction:
[BCOLOR=#00ffff]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#000000]materasu[/BCOLOR]
Weapon of choice:
Japanese_Handmade_Tanto_Sword_with_Reverse_Blade__63080.1344571947.1000.675.jpg
[BCOLOR=#000000]Reversed Tanto Blade[/BCOLOR]
Saitou-Hajime-hakuouki-34382580-500-222.gif

[fieldbox="Abilities, black, solid"]
Skills/abilities/powers:
Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū (飛天御剣流, Flying Heaven Govern Sword-Style): developed to allow a single samurai to defeat numerous foes single-handedly created by Hiko Seijūrō I. Practitioners of this style use a combination of immense speed and agility, battōjutsu, and acquired, observation-based pseudo-clairvoyance that permits a practitioner to anticipate an opponent's movements. Both offensive and defensive maneuvers are executed with minimal movement in order to increase a practitioner's ability to counter-attack and to conserve energy. The Hiten Mitsurugi is designed to be able to take down several opponents at once.
The style commonly has the user keep one hand on the sheath at all times and also stresses two-step attacks in order to ensure that the practitioner is never off guard while executing said attacks. Arguably its most well-known trait is the surreal speed practitioners of this style use in battle (known as Shinsoku, or godspeed), allowing the user to accelerate, maneuver, and strike at speeds most eyes are unable to properly follow. This allows the user to close considerable distance in seconds and strike down the enemies before they can react in time. Despite each successor to this style becoming true masters of its teachings and skills, rarely have any of them been able to use this style to true perfection and bring out its full potential.

Icepick/Reversed grip: as many impulsive and unskilled knife attacks feature a wild downward thrust in which the knife is gripped in this manner. However, many pragmatic martial artists who had actually been attacked with knives became increasingly vocal in their assertion that not only is it extremely dangerous for an unarmed martial artist to attempt to disarm a knifefighter, but in the hands of a reasonably proficient fighter a knife held in this fashion is remarkably fluid and can deliver multiple cuts from a variety of angles simply by manipulating the wrist. Such flexibility of technique make it extremely dangerous to attempt to immobilize the knife hand by grasping the wrist, as it can quickly circle around and do damage to tendons, nerves, or blood vessels.
This grip is best implemented with a double-edged knife (dagger). If a single-edged knife is used, the edge should be facing outwards, away from the knifefighter and towards the target. In the event that a hiltless knife is used (e.g. the balisong or sgian dubh), it is advised that one "cap" the pommel with one's thumb to prevent slippage of one's hand up onto the blade upon impact with a solid object (e.g. bone) -- although, as with the much touted "sabre" and "commando" grips, failure to securely wrap the thumb around the grip will result in a greatly increased likelihood of droppage.

Jōkaku Enjō (城郭炎上, Fortress Blaze): This technique creates an immense wall of flame, which surrounds the target and forms a huge contained sphere of flame in which to imprison enemies.

Zanka no Tachi, Kita: Tenchi Kaijin (残火の太刀 "北": 天地灰尽, Longsword of the Remnant Flame, North: Heaven and Earth End in Ashes): A slash of concentrated fire and heat which incinerates whatever it touches out of existence
Hanauta Sancho: Yahazu Giri (鼻唄三丁矢筈斬り Hanauta Sanchō: Yahazu Giri, literally meaning "Three-Verse Humming: Arrow-Notch Slash"):
The user slashes an opponent at such a fast pace that it appears that they did not attack at all (in fact, to the casual observer it would look like the user simply walked past the victim). Only when a certain amount of time has passed, which is approximate to the time the user walks ten feet away, or three meters (verses, as the name suggests), does their opponent realize the attack. It seems to employ elements of iai (instant sword-draw-and-resheath) since it is generally initiated (though not always) with the user moving towards the intended target(s) with an unsheathed blade and walking past them before sheathing it back. It is usually at this point that the victims start manifesting and feeling the effects of this high-speed attack. The actual attack itself, however, is never seen clearly due to the speed implemented. The technique is highly versatile, since with it, the user can slash multiple targets at once, and if they so wish, they can choose to do however much damage they want.

[/fieldbox]
Personality:
[BCOLOR=#000000]A calm laid back servant of Amaterasu. When people try to use authority against him, he responds with I only listen to Amaterasu. Usually they can get him to listen by bugging him about it, which isn't to difficult. He often gets really bored when he's not occupied. He has little respect for those around him except Amaterasu.[/BCOLOR]

Brief bio:
[BCOLOR=#000000]Muramasa is a half yokai, his father was Nurarihyon Leader of the Nura Clan, Leader of the night parade of 100 demons. His mother was a human who fell in love with his father. When he was born they weren't sure how his life was gonna work out. He lived with his mother til he was nine, it was at the solid age of nine that his mother died.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]He lived on his own instead of the underworld with his father, because he was a half breed he wasn't allowed into the underworld so his father wasn't there for his life. When he was at a young age he became a murderer. Taking a name for himself he chose his mothers maiden name. Killing a lot of people including some major samurai. He even learned some of the forbidden arts. Amaterasu came to him with an offer, nobody knows the extent of their deal, but he decided to join Amaterasu. In doing so the forbidden arts within him had been sealed, with kanji burned into his back.[/BCOLOR]
tumblr_mainx2VVw81repmu8o1_500.gif

Other:
[BCOLOR=#000000]Voice:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]
[/BCOLOR]
[/fieldbox][/bg]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CrimDemon and Kame
If possible I'd like to take susanoo for a god slayer character. If not I understand.

If possible I'd like to take susanoo for a god slayer character. If not I understand.
Please read the rules.

No one has dibs on god slayer positions you need to work for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.