Kadic Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Undisclosed... well OK then. Thank you." She turned to leave him. A little perturbed by not getting much of an answer. She wasn't sure she'd be up par if the locations weren't ideal for her powers. But she headed back to find Ellie. Finding her in line she took her spot next to Ellie, ignoring the grumbles from behind. "First rounds are in an Undisclosed location. The finals are in the arena." Kyra pursed her lips to show her discontent with the information. "Not sure what to do with that tidbit." Kyra thought she'd stand a decent chance in the early rounds. But she didn't even know half the other students' powers. It made her a little nervous. Nonetheless she thought she'd go ahead and put her name in hoping that if she were picked the officials would accommodate her needs.

Ellie scoffed as Kyra relayed the information she gathered back to her. Louis knew how to speak a lot, without actually saying much. Ellie crossed her arms as the pair of them stood in line. Eventually, after several minutes of waiting, the two of them got to the front. Ellie picked up one of the many pens that were attached to the bulletin board by a small and loose chain, and simply wrote 'Ellie 'Danger Woman' Preston'. After a moment long satisfied smile, Ellie handed the pen over to Kyra, for her to also sign her name, "If we both make it to the finals, I promise I won't go too hard on you." Ellie quipped, as she stepped away from the board, and started to leave the offices.

Kyra took the pen from Ellie and let out a big sigh but signed 'Kyra Lane' anyway. She dropped the pen and ran jogged after Ellie to catch up. "You wouldn't stand a chance." She laughed as she caught up. But this was very clearly a lie. "What time is it? I'm starving." She hadn't eaten since 7 this morning. She continued to look at the students filing toward the office. Most of which she didn't recognize.

Right before they exited the offices, Ellie glanced at a clock on the wall. It was about 2 PM. It surprised Ellie, because not that much time seemed to of passed. They were well too late for the school's lunch, but they could always just travel to Wilson Creek, and grab a bite. Unfortunately, Ellie didn't have a car, and she didn't think Kyra had one either. It was rare for a student to have a vehicle, although she knew a handful of them, and was friends with one of them. As the pair exited the offices, and walked out to the courtyard area, Ellie sighed, "I have stuff in my dorm room, or we could go to Wilson." Ellie replied. Before Kyra had mentioned anything, Ellie didn't even have hunger on her mind, but as she finished explaining where they could go, Ellie's stomach growled out -- in protest of it's current emptiness.

"Anything good in your dorm? I don't have a vehicle." Kyra stated a little bummed. She could use a cheeseburger. She scanned her brain for any other ideas but came up empty. She'd definitely have to ask her parents, her mom in particular-since it was "her turn" to take care of Kyra-to bring her some groceries. She hoped Ellie had something cause she'd die if she had to wait until supper.

Ellie thought for a moment, smiling sheepishly as she did, "Of course. I have 5 star TV dinners, chips, pop, and ice cream." Ellie replied, blushing slightly as she listed the rather embarrassing list of contents of her mini-fridge. The food that populated her fridge did not match her body type, and it was amazing if that's what she really ate while maintaining her body. The pair made their way into the dorm building, and up towards Ellie's room, which was located on the second floor. Opening the unlocked door, Ellie entered her dorm room. Her roommate was absent, but it was clear she had a roommate. Ellie's said of the room was slightly messy, with an unmade bed, a full wastebasket, and clothes that were somewhat scattered across her bed. While Ellie's roommate's side of the room was crisp and clean looking, with no sign that someone actually stayed there, besides a very-well kept laundry basket filled with dirty clothes. Ellie quickly pulled her sheets over her clothes that laid on her bed, hiding the sight from Kyra, chuckling somewhat nervously as she did, "Sorry for the mess." Ellie said, as she knelt down to the mini-fridge and started arranging food to be put into the microwave, "I don't have many options. I hope that's fine for you." Ellie added, smiling back at Kyra. While her roommates side of the room was very well kept, it was woefully under decorated, and seemed vanilla in nature. However, Ellie's side was filled with posters, some of bands and musicians, with others of depicting famous quotes. Everything on Ellie's side of the room seemed very colorful, and almost bursting out at anyone willing to view it.

"Oh don't worry about it." Kyra sat down on the edge of Ellie's bed as she surveyed both sides of the room. Ellie'so side seemed very Ellieish. She chuckled a little at the pair of roommates. "Whatever is fine. I haven't eaten since breakfast. You know. I wonder how they choose our dormmates. You should see who they have me paired with." Kyra shook her head at the terrible placements. She wondered if the officials would ever allow a choice. Kyra left the bed to see all the options on microwavable meals. None of them looked as good as a cheeseburger.

Ellie chuckled as she imagined the kind of person Kyra could possibly be stuck with to cause her to be disappointed in it. After a moment of preparing the TV meals, and grabbing a pop for the two of them, Ellie plopped down on the bed, handing over Kyra's plate and silverware, along with her pop. "You have no idea how many of these I go through." Ellie said, digging into her less than stellar meal. "So, I didn't ask, but are you in any clubs?"

"Thanks!" Kyra dug into her meal. "And yet you stay so fit." She said with a mouth half full as she gestured up and down Ellie's body. She laughed at herself as she swallowed her bite. She grinned at Ellie in a silly way making light of her rude behavior. "Im in the swim club." She said lamely. A little embarrassed to not be more involved. But she kind of figured Ellie wouldn't care. "What about you?" She looks in her direction before going in for another bite.

"Thanks for admiring my bode, hun." Ellie quipped, teasing Kyra. Ellie began to scarf down her food, without wasting much time with idle conversation. After she had finished a large portion of her meal, Ellie turned to answer Kyra's question, "I'm in the Weightlifting Club, actually. Not that surprising, is it?" Ellie responded, grinning at Kyra. Finishing the rest of her meal, Ellie waited patiently for Kyra to finish her's, spending her time watching out her window as she waited. Once Kyra finished, Ellie gathered up their trash, tossing it into her roommate's empty wastebasket. Stretching slightly, and yawning for a moment, Ellie turned back towards Kyra, "You know, one would think I'd be a bit more excited, with a tournament and all, but today just feels like such a lazy day." Ellie spoke up, finishing up stretching.

Drew and Casey stood in a recreational center for the students, that was a small offshoot of the gym building. Inside the rather cramped room, that had a few couches, a mini fridge with pop, a pool table, and a Foosball table, stood roughly 20 students. All of them were doing their own thing. Drew and Casey were the only 1st years in the building currently. It turned out that Casey had an older sibling who was a 4th year, and actually quiet popular from Drew's understanding. They were invited along to hang out with them, and one thing turned into another and now the pair of 1st year students were in the middle of talking to older students about the tournament and other meaningless things. Drew came to learn some of the more important members of the circle of friends he was currently in. David Lewis, who was currently playing pool with another guy, was the Student President. While Drew hadn't managed to talk to him yet, he was told David was a nice guy. Throughout the random conversations he was having with various attendees, one spoke up yelling for David, "Yo, Lewis. Did you see that Ellie signed up for the tournament?" the girl voice called out. All that David did in response was give a half second smile back towards the girl before going on with the game. Drew, so far in this social circle, had more questions than answers. For instance, he was being told that the entire group would be going to some club like place tonight, in Wilson Creek, in order to watch a band play. A band that was made up of students here at Kadic. Drew sighed. Definitely not how he pictured Kadic to turn out for him. He almost wished he chose the prison cell.

"Yeah I guess it isn't" She chuckled as she finished her meal and let Ellie take her trash. Kyra joined Ellie in her stretching. "Well these few days are usually lazy. So it's hard not to feel that way." Kyra could definitely see where Ellie was coming from. She felt like being lazy too. "I must say though I'm a little nervous about this tournament. If I get chosen I mean." Kyra lay back on Ellie's bed so her head was by the wall and her legs were still off. She should probably feel like she was intruding a little but she didn't "What to do. What to do."

Last edited by a moderator:
"I wouldn't be nervous if I was you. I imagine you can do some real damage with your powers." Ellie replied, as she laid back on the bed, next to Kyra. Ellie stretched out and gave a small yawn, almost feeling relaxed, until she heard the familiar ring tone of her phone go off. Ellie didn't normally carry the piece of technology with her, leaving it in her dorm room most of the time. Sighing, and getting up from the bed, Ellie grabbed her phone, reading the message that was sent to her. After a moment of regarding the message, Ellie glanced up at Kyra, "Well, apparently one of the bands here at school are playing at a club thingy. We could do that tonight, if you're bored." Ellie said. She had been to the club a couple of times before, knowing it as a somewhat popular place for he students of Kadic Academy. They served pretty decent food, and reasonable prices, and had aspiring artists normally perform there.

Kyra relaxed as Ellie joined her on the Bed. She heard Ellies phone go off. It reminded her that she should turn hers back on loud. She always had it on quiet when she was in the forest. Pulling her phone out of her pocket she flipped the switched. And went through her messages. Mom. Dad. Dad. Mom. And then she came across a message from a friend from last year that read practically the same thing Ellie had just said about the band. Kyra knew about the club but had never cared to go.
"Yeah. Why not. Great way to kick off the school year/tournament. Buuutt. How are we going to get there?" Kyra pursed her lips and raised her eyebrows in a questioning way. She hoped Ellie had a solution because she really wanted that cheeseburger later.

Ellie smiled as she tossed her phone back in it's original space, with an unfriendly clunk, "Well, I know a couple of people that have vehicles. One of them is even a friend." Ellie replied, pulling her sheets back and looking at her armada of clothes in front of her, obviously in thought of what she was going to wear, "I know the band that's playing. They're a bunch of cool guys." Ellie added, picking up clothes that she didn't like and tossing them aside. "Although, I don't know how fun this thing is exactly gonna be. Sounds like there will be a crowd." Ellie continued to sift through her clothes.

"Oh cool. Let's do it." Kyra moved off the bed so Ellie could look at her clothes. She began mentally going through her own closet and dresser. ~Jeans. Jeans. Khakis. Ooh ripped jeans.~ she brought her attention back to Ellie as she spoke. "Well if the band is good then it'll at least be semi-fun. Besides. Sometimes a crowd is OK." Kyra wasn't sure that was 100% the truth but she said it anyway. She shrugged and went back to her closet. ~t-shirt. Dress shirt. T-shirt. T-shirt. Ahh V-neck tee. Perfect.~

Ellie picked out all her clothes that she was planning on wearing, after a few minutes of contemplation, "I guess you're not wrong." Ellie replied, not fully believing her own statement. It was nearly 3, and the band didn't start playing til 6. Plenty of time to continue to mess around, have fun, and get everything out of her system before she was in front of a crowd, "The band will be good. Trust me." Ellie added, as she picked up all her clothes, "How about we meet up at the fountain, after we get dressed and everything? I need to shower also."

"Sounds like a plan." Kyra nodded. She turned to leave for her own room. "See you in a bit" she said over her shoulder. She headed toward her own room. And once again wondered if she could request a new roommate. After going to the 2nd floor and finding her room. She was surprised to find it locked. Maybe she'd get lucky and her roommate wouldn't be there. She pulled her key from her pocket to unlock the door. Reminding herself to get a Keychain. As she entered the room she glanced around, noting that her doormmate was indeed gone. ~better make this quick.~ Kyra gathered her clothes and headed to the shower. After showering she dressed in the jeans with the rips along the legs and a slimming black v-neck tee. She blow dried her hair so that soft curls fell down her back. Adorning some light makeup with a little lip gloss, she examined the final product. Even though Kyra was a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl didn't mean she couldn't look nice if she so chose. Satisfied with the ensemble, she headed out to meet Ellie. It had been nearly an hour since she had left and she figured Ellie was probably already waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ellie was already waiting for Kyra, sitting on the edge of the fountain. Dressed in skinny jeans, with stylish rips and tears that didn't seem like they were intentionally made that way, with a loose tank top with a graphic on it, along with white vans, Ellie seemed ready for whatever was prepared for tonight. Ellie, whom was previously huddled and keeping to herself, smiled when she located Kyra approaching her, "Hey, they're gonna pick us up here in a second. Let's go meet them by the drive." Ellie stood up, and stretched a bit. She had been sitting for a while, as it had barely taken any time for her to get ready. As the two walked side by side, Ellie looked up and down Kyra, "Well, aren't you just dolled up." Ellie was obviously poking fun at her, and by extension herself, for how casual the pair looked.

Kyra grinned seeing Ellie waiting. She strolled over to where she sat. "Who is they anyway?" Kyra asked as they headed for the drive. She couldn't help but chuckle at Ellie's comment. "Yeah. I worked really hard on it. That casual/cute look is totally in anyway." Kyra was surprised at how easily you fell into a camaraderie with Ellie but she was glad to have a new friend. She figured she'd be hanging out with her a lot.

"His name is Michael, but he strongly prefers to be called by his hero nickname -- Cleric." Ellie replied, strolling with Kyra up to the drive. Ellie laughed as Kyra made her comment about fashion, "Oh, so are you an expert opinion on what's trendy?" Ellie asked, slightly shoving Kyra's arm which may of been a bit harder than she attempted, due to her super strength, "Anyway, Cleric is a good guy. He's a 5th year. He helped me out a lot my first year."

Status
Not open for further replies.