Kadic Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyra was more than a little put off by Ellies behavior. She noticed Ellie cringe and looked in the direction she was looking. It was David and his goons. She couldn't figure out what the issue was between the two. She would ask ellie about it later. Kyra found herself hoping that the band would start soon and Ellie might relax a bit.
Hearing Clerics advice made her chuckle to herself. It made perfect sense. But she was probably screwed in the connections department. "Ehh I don't think any of us are really much for the cool kids. So we'll probably just go back to Kadic and hangout." This was the truth but was also said for Ellie's sake the sooner they got her back in her element the sooner she'd be herself again.

Drew opened his mouth to respond, but before he could, he was interrupted by an invisible announcer, beginning to introduce the band. All eyes in the building shifted to the stage, which now was darkened to the point where it'd be difficult to see someone walk out onto it. Several students below were cheering and clapping their hands in anticipation for the band's arrival. Through the darkness of the entire club, the voice of the announcer pierced above everything else;

"And then, it was time......"

The voice of the announcer was silky, but also smoky sounding. The only visual that Drew could picture was the man who did a majority of the active film movie trailers. A deep, and powerful voice.

"For Wilson Creek to drown in the music of......."

Through the pitch blackness, silhouettes could still be seen, walking onto the stage, preparing for the show to come. There were four of them. A drummer, a guitarist, a bassist, and a singer. Even Drew, who knew little about music, could tell this.

"VIRTUAAAAAAAAAAAAAL PUNISHMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNT!!"

The lights kicked on the same time the band started to play. A girl was on the bass, and the other was singing, while there was a man each on drums and guitar. It was evident that they all must be 4th or 5th years, by how old they looked. They were all dressed in what seemed to be latest fashion, all their clothes possessing a white and black theme. The music was heavy, definitely alternative rock. Most the students seemed to be enjoying it, as the cheering did not stop. The music was almost as impressive as the ungodly light show that was happening in conjunction with the cords and verses. Drew could only imagine just how a small stage was capable of such a impressive light show. The music went on, and with it -- the crowd.

Kyra heard the announcement of the band and she turned her head to the stage. She was looking forward to hearing the band. Ellie had said they were good. ~virtual punishment. Good name for a band.~ she thought to herself. As the band started playing she found herself nodding along to the music. She was hoping Ellie would be doing better now so she snuck a peek in her direction to check. It was too loud to really talk so Kyra just sat listening to the music. She wondered if there would be any dancing. Ellie looked like she could dance. Not that Kyra thought she'd particularly enjoy dancing but thought she might make Ellie do it anyway.

Ellie seemed to be enjoying the music, putting on a half smile as she intently watched the band play. Despite the fact that tables were in the way, many people started to stand up, and crowd around the stage. Cleric nodded along with the music, and Drew sat on the edge of his seat as he got his first taste of Kadic Academy as a community. The band progressed through their songs, each one being better than the last. It seemed like such a short period of time, but before too long, 2 hours had passed, and the band played their closing song -- a cover of 'Superman' by Lazlo Bane. The song was much lighter than the less, and had almost an melancholy tune to it. As the song ended, the entire club bursted in cheering and clapping. The band made their bows and exited, packing up their equipment after their excellent show.

As the show ended, the crowd did not leave. Many stayed around, chatting and hanging out. Many started to smoke cigarettes, and those that looked old enough were getting drinks at the bar. Cleric glanced over at Kyra, and Ellie, "So, you guys ready to head out?" Cleric asked, with a smile that did a poor job of making it seem like he was happy. The man looked dead tired, and ready for a long nap. Even through the illusion, small features of his actual appearance began to seep through, leading one to believe that he was losing a grip due to his sleepiness, "I'll catch up to guys at Kadic. I gotta go take care of a couple things." Ellie responded, with a smile, "Nice to meet you, Drew." Ellie said, smiling towards Drew, "I'll see you guys later." Ellie said, quickly making her way downstairs, leaving a rather confused looking Drew, and a tired, but slightly curious Cleric behind her.

Kyra cheered enthusiastically throughout the set and extra loud after the closing song. Cleric was looking at little worn down and Kyra thought it best they head back. Besides with out Ellie she didn't really have anyone to hangout with. Except Drew and he didn't have many friends either. So it would bexpect better to head back to Kadic and hang there. "Yeah. We can head back. She'll be able to find a ride?" Kyra motioned in the direction Ellie went looking at Cleric a little confused.
She turned to Drew and said "you're more than welcome to head back with us. If you don't want to stay. Right Cleric?"

Cleric raised an eyebrow, still watching the now gone Ellie, "I mean, she IS a badass. I'm sure she could find her way back." Cleric responded, as he stood up. Most of the crowd stayed around, milling about, but it seemed a handful of people were already making their way out of the club. The band, it seemed, had joined the crowd and was socializing with it's patrons. Drew nodded, more than happy to spend time with people that he seemed to have more in common with than the other group of kids he had spent the day with, "Of course. I may pass out, but you're than welcome to join our group of misfits." Cleric replied, with a toothy smile. Cleric stood up, and started making his own way out, with Drew standing up and glancing over at Kyra, allowing Cleric to start down the stairs before speaking up, "Is everything okay?" Drew asked. The air of everything seemed off to him, like something wasn't right.

"You just have to get us back and then you're free to crash." Kyra said to Cleric as he took off. She stood from her chair and stretched, having been sitting toon long.
"Yeah. I guess so. Ellie seems a bit off tonight but I'm actually newly acquainted with the both of them myself. So I don't know all the inside secrets yet." She shrugged as she headed for the stairs. She kept her eyes peeled for Ellie as she passed the club. She hoped to give her one last out of whatever she had to take care of. But the little she knew of Ellie told Kyra that she wouldn't take it anyway.

As the new trio left the club, there was no sign of Ellie. More and more of the patrons continued to leave. Cleric let out a yawn as he glanced around, looking at the patrons that were leaving, as if also examining them for Ellie. Once the trio made it to the vehicle, Drew too the initiative to take a seat in the back, leaving the front seat for Kyra, "So, are you two in the tournament?" Drew posed the question, as the engine of the old car roared to life and the group started the journey back home. Cleric let out a chuckle, "God, no. I would never try anything like that." Cleric responded, driving carefully as night had descended on the sleepy town.

"Thanks." Kyra murmered as she took the front seat. She watched the scenery as it flew by. "I did sign up actually. But Ellie and I figure that the 40 will be hand picked, not random. And they'll probably pick the kids that will make for a more interesting fight." She shrugged. She wasn't trying to be down on herself or her powers. She loved them. But she knew that most people saw her powers as weak. And that's just how it was. "You bummed that you can't enter?" Kyra asked as she turned to look at Drew. Her long hair fell over her shoulder and she was reminded of why she usually had it braided.

Drew gave a little laugh, "Bummed like you wouldn't believe." He replied, glancing out the window, gazing over Wilson Creek, "I was told that the number is likely to be reduced down to 20 people. Something to do with medical issues, and how they can't handle very many wounded if it goes that way." Drew added. He had picked up the information while listening in on the other group he was with. Eventually, after a little bit more driving, Cleric pulled into the very sparsely populated student parking section of Kadic Academy, "Here we are, folks." Cleric stated, turning the vehicle off, and exiting it. Drew also made his way out, stretching from the ride. All in all, Drew felt much more comfortable with this group, than the other one, "I'll check you kids out, later." Cleric called out, as he locked his vehicle and started to make his way towards the boy's dorm, yawning as he went. Drew stuck his hands in his jacket pockets, pulling the clothing tighter around him. He wasn't used to it being as cold as it was then early in fall, and wished he had dressed slightly warmer. Then again, Drew had always been a huge wuss when it came to the cold, "So, you signed up, huh?" Drew asked, with a weak smile, "You must be pretty powerful." Drew said, making it sound more like a statement, than a question of Kyra's power.

"Well that would make sense." Kyra nodded. She was beginning to regret her decision to sign up. She didn't think she'doesn't be a contestant but if she was she would be against the biggest and baddest of the students.
"Hey thanks again for the ride." Kyra hollered after Cleric as he headed off. She began strolling out of the parking lot in no particular direction. She noticed Drew pull hisome jacket tighter. And it made her smile. She'd been here long enough to adjust to the weather and this felt good to her.
When he spoke she laughed. "I know a lot of neat tricks but the more I think about it the stupider signing up seems." She shrugged with a smile. "I'd put up a hell of a fight though."

Cleric waved back to Kyra, as she called out his thanks, and before long the friend was gone from the dark campus. Drew stepped away from the car, and stood up near Kyra, even more curious about the girl's powers than he was before. He decided it'd be better not to pry into business that was clearly not his, "Well, maybe you'll win it. You never know." Drew replied, giving an encouraging smile, "Want to walk around the courtyard, and see if Ellie comes back?" Drew asked, gesturing towards the empty courtyard. While it was cold, Drew didn't have much against talking or hanging out, especially since he wanted to see if Ellie would come back.

"Yeah. You never know." Kyra walked towards the courtyard."sure. But I doubt we'll see her. She spends more time in the forest than I do." Kyra just didn't want to go to her room and listen to all those bugs while she tried to sleep. So much for resting up for the tournament. Just in case. "So is Casey your roommate?" She asked just for a topic.

Drew smiled as Kyra agreed to walk around the courtyard. Out of all the places, the courtyard was most likely his favorite. It was in the heart of Academy, and was beautiful in it's own right, "I don't see the appeal to spending time in the forest. You'd never see anyone." Drew pointed out, oblivious to the reasons why one would want to actually get away from the academy, "Yeah. Casey is pretty cool. Can't say much for the people he picks to hang out with." Drew explained, wondering why the rest of the crowd from the club had yet to show back up at the Academy, although it made sense that that specific group would still be out on the town, "Is Ellie your roommate?" Drew asked, as the pair made their way onto the courtyard, the colorful flora almost demanding to be seen by the duo, with it's vibrant colors and grandiose design of some of the more exotic plants.

"Sometimes it's OK to be alone. I seem to have a hard time finding people I can tolerate. " Kyra laughed a little. She scoffed upon hearing Drew's next question. She let her fingertips skim across the leaves of the flowers and plants as they walked. They were very well taken care of. "I wish Ellie were my roommate. I've spent a total of 3 seconds with my actual roommate and it's already terrible. Bugs and rodents. Or something. I don't know. I didn't look closely. " Kyra shook her head annoyed. She came upon a plant that was looking a little ragged. Touching it's stem she repaired the damage and it was back in full bloom. She smiled at Drew figuring it was time to drop the "big secret". "I'm an elementist"

Drew scoffed in disbelief as Kyra told him the horror of her roommate. He counted himself among the lucky to have a normal roommate. As normal as you could get at Kadic, that is. Drew stopped and watched as Kyra clasp a damaged plant, bringing the old and decrepit flora back from the precipice death, and rejuvenating it with new life. After a moment of silence, this being the only second time he had seen a power outside of his own, Drew grinned, "Wow." Drew managed out, as he knelt down next to Kyra, looking over the plant, "Well, I personally think that the rest of the students in the tournament should be praying you don't get picked." Drew chuckled a bit, as he stood back up, digging his hands once more into his pockets. As the night time silence hung in the air, it was suddenly interrupted. Both Drew and Kyra's phones exploded with their ringtone, signifying they had received a text message. Drew glanced at Kyra, before whipping out his phone and glancing at the message. It was from the school;

"Due to the limitations of Kadic Academy medical staff, the tournament has unfortunately been lowered from 40 participants to only 16. Not only will this save time, and potential damage to not only students but also campus grounds, it will make sure that there will be plenty of rest between rounds for the participating students. If you have any complaints, or wish to speak to me about the issue, my office is always open. Attached to this message is the Tournament Bracket that will be used, now that all students have been selected.

~ Dean Louis Ramirez"

Drew glanced up at Kyra, slightly, before venturing on and opening the file that was attached. Sure enough, the bracket was listed.

Kyra chuckled as Drew admired her powers. "Thanks. Like I said. I know a lot of cool tricks." As they walked along a little bit more Kyra physically jumped at the noise of their phones. She quickly pulled hers out and opened the text message. It was from Kadic and it was about the tournament. Looking at Drew, she took a deep breath and bit her lip as she nervously opened the bracket. Quickly scanning the names her eyes stopped on one in particular. "Kyra Lane.." she whispered. She didn't know if she was excited to get the chance to show her abilities or if she was terrified. She scanned the rest of the names recognizing maybe one or two. And then there was Ellie's 'Danger Woman.' She shut her phone and put it away, looking at Drew she said "Ellie Made it too." Kyra wished she had Ellie's number. She call and see what she thought and if she knew anything about the other contestants.

Drew scrolled through the names. He saw a couple of names he was familiar with, but otherwise he was completely lost, "Looks like you're up against some guy called Sunspot." Drew pointed out, still pouring over the bracket, "So, what do you think?" Drew finally asked, putting his phone away, and looking over at Kyra with a small smile. Drew seemed to be encouraging enough, although he seemed more interested in what Kyra thought about the tournament, now the contestants were revealed, "I think you're gonna kick ass."

"Looks that away. I have no idea who half these people are." She smiled at Drew. "Thanks for the vote of confidence." She laughed. "At least I won't have to fight Ellie unless we're both in the finals." Kyra wondered about time and location for the first round of fights. "Kind of depends on the location though. If Im not around earth I'm in throuble." Kyra had found a seat on a low wall. She looked out into the forest. "So I told you mine..." she left the statement hanging, figuring Drew would get what she was saying. Kyra grinned at him mischieviously. Hoping he would see she wouldn't be offended if he chose not to tell her.

Drew laughed, and smiled back at Kyra, "Well, there's no good way for me to show you mine." He replied, as he took a sit on one of the benches near the walkway, "I regenerate just about any damage I take. Even if I lose an arm. I'm also pretty strong, and I got awesome reflexes." He added, glancing around the empty and dark courtyard, "Well, those things, and my dashing good looks and sharp wit." Drew smiled, goofy as one could be. Drew stood up from the bench, pulled his phone back out and checked the time. It was about 10 PM, but Drew didn't even begin to feel sleepy. "You know, I don't think Ellie is coming back, tonight."

Status
Not open for further replies.