Kadic Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Cleric. All right." Kyra had to sidestep a little to rebalance from Ellie's push. She laughed at the irony of a person actually not being aware of their own strength. "I'm definitely a fashion expert. Can't you tell?" She motioned from tee all the way down to her black converse. Kyra nodded at Ellie's explanation of Cleric. "Good to know you've got friends in high places. "

As Ellie opened her mouth to reply to Kyra, she was cut off by the sudden deafening noise of an engine putting out all the power it could. Screaming down the drive was an orange Chevrolet Camaro, driven with all tinted windows. The car screeched up beside the two girls, braking at the last possible moment. As the dust and smoke settled, the tinted out window began to roll down. The driver of the vehicle was revealed, a man wearing a button up, with a blue sweater over the top of it, with the sleeves rolled up. He also wore tan slacks, dress shoes, and a pair of black shades. The guy himself was a fit and slender man, with a fashionable haircut up to date with modern fashion, and a close to immaculate face. The exact picture of a playboy. It seemed weird that Ellie would befriend someone like him. After a moment, Ellie spoke up, "Cut the shit, Cleric. She's not impressed." The statement prompted a frown and a sigh from the driver. In a blur, and almost immediately, the car itself turned into a Honda Civic, and the boy transformed into a man dressed in much more casual, and worn, clothes. The man possessed pale white skin, and obviously didn't get much exercise. The oddest part was his snow white hair, which fell in locks on his shoulders, "Fuck, Ellie." The man said, dejectedly. Ellie glanced at Kyra, with a friendly smile, "I should of mentioned that all my friends are retarded douchebags. Hop in." Ellie jumped into the front passenger seat, and awaited Kyra to jump in herself.

Kyra's jaw went a little slack at the car screaming up the drive. When the window rolled down it was nothing like she expected. This is not at all what she pictured for one of Ellie's friends. As Ellie cut into her thoughts with a sharp retribution to the the man. There was a blur and everything changed. This was still not what she had pictured but was closer. Kyra climbed into the backseat and said "so you're cleric. I'm Kyra. Thanks for the ride."

"I'm sure Ellie's told you all about me, huh?" Cleric responded with a smile, before turning around, driving the vehicle out of Kadic Academy and towards Wilson Creek, "And it's no problem. I've got nothing better to do." He added, with a slight chuckle. Ellie turned back in her seat towards Kyra, to face her, "Cleric can make anything he's touching to appear the way he wants, including himself. He usually does it to pick up chicks, with a surprising amount of success." Ellie somewhat glowered at Cleric, before turning back around in her seat. Cleric put on a hurt face, and glanced between Ellie and Kyra, "It's not like I'm doing it for relationships. It's just for sex. CASUAL sex." Cleric defended himself, he continued to drive.

Kyra stayed quiet not wanting to tell cleric that she didn't really know anything about. But smiled as he headed toward Wilson's Creek. She listened to Ellie's explanation of Clerics powers. And hearing is most often use her eyebrows shot up and her jaw dropped a little. "Don't you think that's a little deceiving? .." Kyra said slowly. She didn't want to offend him an hoped she didn't but that seemed a little unfair for all the ladies he'd slept with. Not that she couldn't understand his logic behind it. Make yourself into a sex god and he'd never have to worry about being turned down. But still

Cleric pouted, slightly frowning and putting his lip out, "Well, yeah. So is makeup, but girls use that all the time!" Cleric responded, with a tone that implied he knew he was in the wrong. Still the young man seemed adamant on defending his position. Ellie glared over at Cleric, almost as if she'd hit the man, but it was obvious the only thing holding her back was the fact that Cleric was driving, "You're lucky we're friends." Ellie muttered, now looking out her window as they entered Wilson Creek. For being a town of 20,000, Wilson Creek managed to retain it's rustic and homey feel, making the town feel as if it wasn't as big as it really was. A comfortable and rainy little town, Wilson Creek's biggest attraction was it's budding art scene, and even had a liberal arts college, along with a fairly big mall. The clubs and such were also an attraction. However, despite the new wave of artist and the such, the tradition in the town was strong. Ellie enjoyed the view of the town, silently as the car motored along towards the destination. The sun was already setting, giving the town a dusty look. Cleric glanced back at Kyra, with a weak smile, "I'm not really a huge dirtbag, once you get to know me."

Kyra looked out over the town that she'd called home for the lost several years. It was a nice town and she'd had good friends here but she was excited to graduate from Kadic and potentially travel. She chuckled at Ellie and Clerics banter. Upon hearing him speak to her she focused her own smile on him. "I never said dirt bag. Everyone has their quirks." Kyra was quiet for a moment. "Not that I'm condoning your behavior." She quickly added with a knowing smile directed at Ellie. She figured Ellie had been ragging him about it for awhile and could use a little help. "So did he try to pick you up?" Kyra laughed

"Surprisingly, no." Ellie replied, looking back at Kyra, and grinning at Cleric, whom now had a frown on his face, "The way we met was pretty hilarious." Ellie continued, obviously about to really enjoy retelling this story in front of Cleric, "I was a 1st year, and I was enjoying the nature trail. Well, I walked up on Cleric getting his ass kicked by a 5th year. Turns out, he had morphed into the 5th year that was beating his ass, and had sex with his girlfriend. He got found out, so Cleric was getting beat within an inch of his life." Ellie was now grinning like a little kid, and Cleric was speeding up the car, trying to hurry and get to the destination before the conversation continued, "So, I end up saving Cleric's life, by beating up the 5th year student. We ended up being pretty good friends." Ellie turned and smiled at Cleric, who returned a sheepish smile in return. Eventually, the trio pulled up into some club, well away from the main road and sitting in it's own comfy corner of Wilson Creek. Several students were milling about outside, including David and his crew, waiting for the club doors to open, "Oh, goody." Cleric piped up, as his own image blurred, and in a moment, he turned into a much more handsome, slightly tanned and muscled, man. Not the playboy from before, but noticeably attractive, "Well, ladies, let's get out there." Surprisingly, it seemed Cleric could change his voice even, as he now spoke with a British accent.

Drew stood by idly as Casey talked to his older sister. They had all came in a few vehicles and even a few had flown here, but now they were all gathered outside and awaiting the doors to open to the public. A old car pulled up, and before too long, three people started getting out. Once more, Drew saw the girl from before, from the forest. Drew frowned slightly, wondering just why they always seemed to pass by each other. Drew nudged Casey, who ignored the nudged and continued chatting with his sister. After a second, of watching the trio, Drew made a brave, and rather stupid, decision. Drew had made very few actual friends, with Casey being the about the only one. Drew stepped forward, away from the crowd and into the parking lot. Raising a hand, Drew waved at the trio, specifically Kyra, "Hey, remember me?" Drew called out, hoping he wasn't about to look like a massive idiot.

Kyra couldn't help but laugh at the story. "Awe poor Cleric. I feel bad for asking now." She chuckled some more. Kyra shook her head at the sight of David and his group being among the first waiting. She then turned her shaking head to Cleric as he changed his looks and surprisingly his voice. "Is that necessary?" Kyra asked as she climbed out of the car.
She scanned the crowd looking for any familiar faces. Surprising she saw the guy from earlier actually step toward her and say something. "Oh yeah. From this morning." Kyra smiled at him. She wasn't sure what to say nor to think of the guy. He had a bit of a punk look. And she figured he wasn't her kind of crowd. But nonetheless she wanted to at least be friendly. "Umm how was your run?" She managed to come up with. Not exactly the greatest thing to say. But it was something.

"Oh, I didn't run. That was Casey. I'm not a big fan of running." Drew responded, jutting his thumb over his shoulder at Casey, "How was your....uh..forest escapade?" Drew asked, with a smile that came off as more goofy than friendly. As Drew realized he hadn't introduced himself yet, Drew stuck out his hand, "I'm Drew, by the way. I'm a 1st year." Drew knew that their would be a handful of students who had heard of his life before Kadic, but he had been lucky so far in no one recognizing the name, and prayed it'd stay that way.

Ellie regarded Drew with an apprehensive look. She didn't get why, of all times, he'd try to meet new friends, but the fact that he was a 1st year explained a lot. Ellie was beginning to open her mouth, to make a smartass comment to the 1st year, but shut it as she locked eyes with David, who continued to stand by the door. Ellie clenched her teeth as David smirked the same handsome smirk at her that she had known forever. The guy acted as if they were friends whom spotted each other from across the room. Cleric put a hand on her shoulder, and started to lead her away from David's gaze, and towards the crowd at the door, "Hey, Kyra, we'll wait at the door while you two 'catch up', or whatever." Ellie allowed herself to be lead away by Cleric, who clearly knew what was wrong.

"Oh I see. I just assumed. My escapade was good. But they always are. I'm Kyra." She moved to shake Drew's hand. "And I'm a second year." Kyra nodded to Ellie and Cleric as they moved away. She wasn't exactly sure what this was. Not catching up but more like introductions? She wasn't exactly sure where the conversation was supposed to go but she had to come up with something. "So is your friend Casey a first year also? I don't recognize him. But it's a big campus. I don't recognize a lot of people." She looked in Casey's direction, trying to place him but couldn't.

Drew laughed, "Yeah, he's a first year. Maybe if you didn't spend so much time in the forest, you'd recognize more." Drew laughed nervously, as he hoped that social shit that just came out of his mouth wouldn't be taken rudely by Kyra, as it was intended to be a tease. Drew looked back at the two people that left Kyra, whom were now talking between each other, rather hurriedly, "So you're here for the band, huh?" Drew asked, sticking his hands in his pockets. Drew turned and faced towards Casey, whom had moved over to a larger crowd of people, "Looks like my friend kinda abandoned me too." Drew laughed, looking back towards Kyra.

"Hmmm." Kyra squinted at Drew. "I guess you're right. But I like the forest." She chuckled as Drew located his friend. "Looks that way. Huh?" She smiled brightly she could tell he was kind of at a loss as to what they should do now, just like Kyra was. "So where are you from?" She was running out of generic questions to ask and figured this would soon start to sound like an interrogation.
She continued to appraise his look. It didn't fit with Casey's. So she began to wonder how the two ended up friends. He looked the type to run with the "darker" kids. Come to think of it. He seemed a bit like Ellie. Or who she used to be. Kyra couldn't see Ellie as that type of person now that she'd gotten to know her. But looks were misleading and all so she tried to keep an open mind about this Drew character.

"I'm from Virginia." Drew replied with a small smile, not wishing to specify that he was from Richmond, "What about you?" Drew took another glance back at the crowd who were now slowly starting to enter the club, "Oh, looks like it's starting. Guess we're on our own." Drew said, turned back towards Kyra with a slightly goofy smile. Kyra seemed friendly enough, and honestly Drew was just trying to make friends, although he felt like Kyra was special among the people he actually wanted to consider his friend. The girl she hung out with seemed like someone he'd be friends with, basing it on appearance alone, "I'm only here, by the way, because Casey drug me along. He's in with the 'cool kids'." Drew made the air quotes with his fingers, stressing the cool kids part, "People like the Student President and the older students." He added. Drew didn't feel particularly attracted to them, as everything seemed like a huge game of politics with them.

"I've been in Wilson's Creek since I was 13 or so." Kyra started to make her way toward the entrance. "Guess we are. I'm sure my friends are waiting inside. If you'd like I could introduce you to them." She moved forward with the surge of bodies getting bumped this way and that as everyone moved to get inside. "I'm here because I had nothing better to do." She shrugged with a laugh. "The cool kids didnt really strike me as your group. I was wondering how you were involved with them." She smiled sheepishly as she realized that could be taken badly. She didn't know Drew well enough to know if he'd be offended or not. "No offense" she added as a safety measure

"Yeah, that'd be cool. Your friends didn't seem too bad." Drew replied, smiling as he said it. Drew couldn't believe she had lived in Wilson Creek so long. It seemed strange to live near Kadic, and wondered what that kind of life would be like, "None taken." Drew added in, as he soon joined the convulsing body of students that entered the small club, "Yeah, as a 1st year, if someone asks you if you wanna go somewhere to chill, you don't normally say not, I guess. I'm just trying to get my feet under me." Drew said, as the club opened up. The club smelled like stale cigarettes and cheap whiskey, with the small of cologne and perfume mixed in. The hallway opened up to reveal the sitting. Several small round tables that were filling up quickly with students. In front of the sitting was the small stage, probably no longer than 15 feet across. Drew scanned the sitting, before seeing a staircase not far from them, "Hey, this way." Drew said, quickly making his way up the staircase, along with a handful of students that had also spotted it. At the top of the staircase was a balcony, that overwatched the entire floor and stage, with hardly any seats taken. Kyra's friends from before could be seen sitting at a long table on the balcony sitting area, "Looks like we found them." Drew said, as he pointed to Kyra's friends.

"Yeah I guess you're right." Kyra looked around the room trying to spot Elliemail or Cleric. Not being very tall, she wasn't having any luck. She followed Drew to some stairs and ended up on a balcony with Ellie and Cleric. "Hey. Good guess." Kyra led the way over to the table "hey guys. Good seats you got." She smiled at the pair of them and turned back to look at Drew. "This is Drew." Kyra motioned at him. "Drew this is Ellie and Cleric." She pointed at each of them in turn. "Do you guys mind if he joins us? That is if you're staying?" Kyra looked between her friends and Drew since she had asked them both questions.

Cleric turned and smiled at Drew, "Nice to meet you, man. Go ahead and have a seat." The choice of words were odd, considering the British accent, but it didn't seem to bother Drew. Ellie on the other hand, seem preoccuiped in her own thoughts, periodically texting on her phone, and watching the floor below, to respond to Drew. Drew smiled at the pair, "Nice to meet you both." Drew replied, despite the lack of attention from Ellie. Drew sat next to the group, sitting next to Kyra, "So, do you guys know the people that's playing?" Drew asked, looking between Kyra, Ellie, and Cleric. Ellie slowly nodded, while Cleric spoke up, "Yeah, they're pretty good. From what I hear, they're actually planning on pursuing a musical career after they graduate." Drew simply nodded as he turned to face the empty stage, the band yet to come on, "So, you're a 2nd year?" Drew asked Kyra, without looking away from the stage, "Any tips for a 1st year?"

Kyra took her seat next to Ellie. She had noticed her preoccupied attitude since she walked up. Take the moment of conversation between the guys about the band she whispered to Ellie. "Hey. You OK?" She turned to drew as she spoke to her. And couldn't help but laugh a little at his question. "You're asking the wrong person for advice. I do what I like and don't really get involved." Kyra laughed again a little embarrassed. She should be encouraging him to join clubs and participate but Drew didn't look much like the club type. Plus she didn't really believe it herself. "Maybe we should ask 5th year Cleric for advice. " she grinned in Cleric's direction

Ellie, without looking up from her gaze on the floor, spoke back in a whisper, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just ready to be back at Kadic." She said somewhat quickly. Ellie's tone was much different than what it had been. It sounded as if she didn't even want to speak about the subject of her current status, and instead focus on whatever she was focusing on. What would be noticeable, only if Kyra was paying attention to where Ellie was staring, was that David Lewis, whom was sitting at a table with three girls, and another man, was staring directly up at Ellie. Peering through his thick frame glasses, the handsome man managed a wink before turning back to his friends. At that, Ellie visibly cringed.

Cleric shrugged as Kyra direct Drew towards him for advice, "Make as many friends as you can. Helps to have tons of connections." Cleric said, as he turned his gaze towards the stage, waiting for the entertainment to come marching out. Drew simply nodded along with the two's advice. Maybe there was no right way to actually conduct oneself at Kadic, and to just go with the flow, "So, what are you guys doing after this? I heard the rest of the 'cool kids' were going to some downtown cafe that's open all night." Drew asked, obviously a play at attempting to continue to keep hanging out with the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.