Kadic Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling sunspots charge Kyra backed up. She was no longer directly behind the wall but still hidden. She figured sunspot would think she still cowered. As he busted through the wall Kyra was partially prepared. As his fist went straight for her face she wrapped the whip around that wrist and yanked she intended to throw him off course. She could feel his heat evaporating the water and knew it wouldn't hold him but there was enough that it should do its purpose. Assuming she caught him off guard. She simultaneously call a wall of water directly from the lake and was moving it to drop on sunspot. She wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

As the whip hit Sunspot, it threw him off course just enough to miss Kyra's face by inches, enough for her to feel the pure heat he was giving off, before the water whip that hit him evaporated in steam. As Sunspot was preparing a follow-up strike, he was hit by the wall of water, and the immediate area around Kyra and Sunspot was filled with steam so hot that it would make a sauna blush. Through the steam, Sunspot let out a slightly angry growl. He could not see Kyra immediately, and the wall of water that collapsed on him threw him off balance slightly. Despite this, Sunspot was determined to go on the offensive was more. Sunspot's first course of action was on that even Cleric didn't see coming. Focusing all the heat around himself, Sunspot let loose a yell, sending out a focused wave of heat, enough that it would burn anyone in the vicinity slightly. Even Drew could feel the heat, and it caused him to become slightly dizzy from the impressive burst of heat, even though he couldn't even see what was happening in the cloud of steam, he knew that Sunspot was about to take the offensive once more. In a flail of punches, Sunspot dashed wildly towards where he last saw Kyra, hoping that in his berserk-like rage, he could find her, and either grab her or land a solid hit.

Kyra got lucky with the whip maneuver and again with the water wall. It had indeed steamed everything up like Drew suggested. But she could take see well either. Lucky for her she could feel her opponent. She knew she had to get out of there. As she moved away from as lightly as she could his radiating heat caught her retreating body. The heat actually singed her clothing leaving a few small holes and burnt parts of her skin. She let out a small cry of pain and cursed herself silently for giving away her position. She took off running hoping to circle behind sunspot leaving jagged and sharp wall of earth protruding from the ground behind her. She launched more earth in the vicinity of where she could feel his weight. She figured the steam would clear soon and she decided to stay away from the water unless necessary. She couldn't risk that all consuming heat again. From her new position she mapped out a new plan. She just had to wait for the right time.

Once more, the grunts of Sunspot punctuated the air, but this time there was no response. No offense or reply from Sunspot. Although, he did stand in the same spot, he did not move. After a few moments, the steam had cleared, revealing the stand, and panting, Sunspot. He looked bruised and slightly beaten, but he still stood. After a moment, Sunspot turned around to face Kyra, a look of determination, "You're really annoying with your powers." Sunspot spat out. He glanced around the field around them. She had a very good defense, and knew how to use her powers. It seemed to dawn on Sunspot out the huge disadvantage he was at against Kyra, but the look of defeat was not in Sunspot's eyes. In fact, the 3rd year student seemed to get even more determined, knowing how much the odds were likely stacked against him. Sunspot's arms grew to a dark blue color, and emitted a type of heat that caused most of the bystanders to shield their faces, due to the heat and brightness of his arms. Suddenly, Sunspots dug his arms into the ground, the heat allowing him to pierce the dirt like a hot knife through butter. Sunspot seemed to grip something, and lifting out of the molten holes he made, Sunspot pulled out two orbs, one in each hand. A type of devious smile developed on Sunspot's face, as he threw both orbs near Kyra, not directly at. They hit the ground, almost burning through the dirt around them themselves, and then, they started to cool rapidly. The minerals melted together bloomed out, before exploding in molten heat around Kyra, unable to handle the extreme rise in heat, and the cooling down process. Sunspot quickly dug his hands back into the molten holes next to him, tossing two more of the orbs at Kyra.

Kyra stood panting also. She was confused about what he was doing. Then came the orbs. At first the orbs seemed to be cooling down and then one exploded. The heathe of course seared part of her leg. She raised the earth underneath her feet so she was no longer in Range of the explosions. As sunspot reached back into the earth for more she took her chance. With a twist of her hand she overturned the earth beneath his feet, Creating a sinkhole. He'd have to be quick to get away from it. Kyra was getting annoyed. She should have had this in the bag. She'd had yet to let him touch her but somehow she was covered in burns and her clothes were nearly ruined. Lowering the earth she jumped and ran to a better vantage point. She aimed a large ball at sunspot trying to catch him while he was down.

Sunspot barely made it out of the sinkhole before he was caught, scrambling onto the solid ground. Already his body heat was lowering, as he seemed to of exhumed all his energy he had. The sleeves of the leotard were cracked and damaged, from the over exertion placed on them. Sunspot glanced up at Kyra, watching as dodged away out of his range, once again, gaining the advantage. He saw the ball coming, but it was too late. The sore Sunspot, weak from the constant body shots, attempted to roll out of the way, but large ball clocked him in the temple, with a loud thud. Sunspot collapsed onto the ground, motionless, and unmoving. Ramiro Wong, on the sidelines, counted in his own head to 10, before rushing towards Sunspot's side. It did not appear to be serious, as Sunspot was still breathing and his eyes flickered as he started to come back into consciousness. After a moment, Ramiro signaled over to Ms. Allen. Amethyst Tiger smiled over towards Kyra, lifting a whistle from her chest into her mouth, blowing the signal, "Kyra Lane advances!" Amethyst Tiger shouted out. The small group of students in attendance clapped out, and Drew and Cleric made their way towards Kyra, cheering as they did so to congratulate their friend on her victory.

She had won. When sunspot didn't get up she was so relieved. As soon as ms. Allen announced her the winner she turned away from the area she had been fighting and walked toward the two who were coming to congratulate her. She was sore. Her skin hurt. She was surprised at how exhausted she felt. This tournament was a dumb idea. But she had won her first match. She stopped to examine some of the burns she'd endured. Nothing terribly dangerous but they'd hurt for a few days. She though she might even end up with a few blisters. She smiled at the two as the approached. "Well how did I look?"

"Like a fucking champion." Cleric mused, patting Kyra on the shoulder, but being careful of the areas he could see that were burnt, "You really whooped his ass into the dirt, girl." Cleric added, a huge grin decorated the 5th year students face. Drew was smiling along also, beaming with happiness after witnessing the sound victory by Kyra, "I think you deserve some good rest before your next match." Drew piped up, which prompted a slight frown from Cleric, and a quick check of his phone, "It's 8:55, right now. From what I heard, you should have until 4 until your next match comes up." Cleric explained, placing his phone back into his pocket. Drew glanced up the burnt Kyra. Besides hurting for a couple days, and some pretty bad blisters, the only real damage the girl would walk away with his her clothing, which pockmarked with burn holes, small and big, "Maybe you should use the school leotard thing, next fight?" Drew suggested, with a slightly teasing smile.

Kyra could help but smile. The excitement of the two guys was contagious. "There will be very little resting I'm sure. besides I want to watch Ellie's fight. Does anyone know when it is?" She turned her head between the two of them. Drew's suggestion about the leotard made her chuckle. "I hate that thing. But I guess you're right." She pulled at the holes that adorned her clothes and showed the burned skin underneath. "Guess I should go take care of these."

Cleric frowned, as Kyra mentioned Ellie's fight. Looking around, as the people in attendance dispersed, "How about we head back to the campus?" Cleric suggested, as he slowly started to make his way back, waiting for Drew and Kyra to follow him before picking up speed. Despite Cleric's odd attitude shift, Drew turned and smiled to Kyra, "I'm glad you won." He said, as he jogged forward to catch up with Cleric. As the trio made their way back towards Kadic, Cleric finally cleared his throat and spoke up, "Ellie forfeited her match to David." Cleric's words hung in the air, allowing them to sink in before continuing, "I texted her, briefly. She didn't have a lot to say, and she acted off." Cleric went on. Cleric was about to speak up, again, but held back whatever else he was about to add to the information.

"Thanks me too." Kyra laughed as they continued to follow Cleric. Cleric cleared his throat which alerted Kyra to the fact that he had something to say. Upon hearing that Ellie had forfeited, Kyra's jaw literally dropped. "No she can't. Is it too late to change her mind?" She couldn't believe this. Ellie had watched David sign up. She knew there was a chance she'd have to fight him. But yet she signed up and convinced Kyra to do the same. "Why would she forfeit!?" Kyra continued exasperated.

Cleric shrugged, "I don't know." Cleric answered simply, almost under his breath. He seemed like Cleric wanted to avoid the subject, as if he knew more. The trio was nearly to Kadic, when Drew struck up a different topic, "Do you know anything about Nega, or Kilo?" Drew asked, looking wanting at Cleric, hoping he had just as much information to share about one of the potential opponents for Kyra as much as he had about Sunspot, "Kilo can alter his weight, without it changing his size. He can weigh light as a feather, and heavy as a dump truck. He also has super durability, which will be an issue." Cleric said, glancing back at Kyra, "You can hit this guy with everything you hit Sunspot with, and he'd shrug it off. Good news is, he's not particularly strong, and he has difficulty moving in his heavy forms." Cleric went on to explain.

Kyra was extremely frustrated at Cleric for continuing to dismiss the topic. She was then also annoyed at Drew for helping him continue to avoid it. But she was glad to have some information on the next opponent. However it sounded like she was going to have her work cut out for her. "Great. What about the other one? Or is kilo the sure win? And then can we get back to Ellie. There has to be something we can do." She ughed in frustration.

Cleric shrugged as Kyra asked about Nega, "I honestly don't know about him. He's a 4th year, and apparently really good. I've heard he uses a lot of tools, but I don't have any idea what his powers are. It'd be nice for Kilo to win, as if Nega won we'd be going in mostly blind." Cleric replied, walking onto the courtyard now that he trio had arrived on campus, "I'll try to get a hold of Ellie as soon as possible. As for you," Cleric said, pointing a finger into Kyra's chest, "Get a nap, or something. Rest up. Because, the next round with be a lot more serious than the last one." Cleric told Kyra, getting a firm tone with her. Once again, it seemed Cleric had more determination for Kyra did than Kyra did herself. Drew kind of chuckled, "I'm sure she'll get rest, Cleric." Drew reassured the white-haired 5th student. Turning towards Kyra, "How about you get some rest 'til like 2, or so? We can meet back in the courtyard. I'll try to find out what I know about Ellie?" Drew suggested, smiling encouragingly as he did so.

"Durability is hard to beat" Kyra pointed out about Kilo. As they entered the courtyard Cleric began to coach her and demand she rest. "I would like to go change. But I doubt there will be any resting in that room." Kyra turned to drew, "she needs to change her mind if it isn't already too late. She can do this" Kyra didn't want to to go rest but she figured she'd at least try. "Text me as soon as you hear about Ellie." Kyra preceded to rattle off her number for Drew. "I'm gonna go clean up a bit. If you don't hear from me before, then just assume we're meeting in the courtyard at 2."

Drew nodded, but Cleric was already walking away, looking like he was heading to the parking lot. For half a moment, it seemed like Drew had a coy smile on his face when Kyra rattled off her number, but the moment it was there it disappeared. "Will do. I'll see if Casey knows anything about it. Hopefully you get some rest." Drew said, once again with a smile, before heading off in the opposite direction, towards the boy dorms.

Kyra headed to her dorm to get cleaned up. She hated the idea of the school leotard but she couldn't keep ruining clothes. When she got to her room her roomate was indeed there. "Oh hello. I guess we haven't actually met. I'm Kyra." She shook the mouselike girl's hand. "Hello I'm Haley." She returned the shake. Kyra didn't really want to go through the whole get to know each other thing right now so she just said- "I'm in need of a shower. If you'll excuse me."- and quickly made her way to the bathroom. After showering and dressing in comfortable clothing she laid down on her bed. The bugs of course were being bugs. "Umm Haley. I'm in the tournament today and I was wondering if there's anything we can do about the noise?" "Oh! I'm sorry. I don't even notice it anymore. But sure I can help you out for awhile." Kyra proceended to watch as Haley spoke to each one of her cages, aquariums, terrariums, or whatever and thenot place a small cloth over a couple. The bugs were quiet. Kyra relaxed for some shut eye.
Kyra awoke to, that's right, the sound of Haley's companions. Checking the time it was 1. She had gotten a couple of hours asleep and knew it was all she'd get. She adorned the schools uniform and headed out. Not knowing exactly what she was gonna do. Probably find some food somewhere if there was anyway. She pulled out her phone to check for updates as she headed for the cafeteria.

Drew had been sitting in the cafeteria for a while, now, eating and watching as the tournament bracket updated. Across from him sat Cleric, who was engrossed in his phone, not eating a bite of the food they had gotten. Drew kept looking around, as if someone might be watching, "We need to tell her the moment we meet her." Drew said, in a hushed tone, "It's too weird to not tell her. If what you told me is true, then Kyra should know something about it." Drew went on, invoking a glance from Cleric, "I don't want to distract her, but go ahead. Tell her what you'd like." Drew sighed and placed his spoon onto the tray in front of him, "I'm not hungry, anymore." Drew stated, in a monotonous tone. As Drew looked around the cafeteria, he spotted Kyra, just walking through the doors. Drew waved, hoping to get her attention.

Kyra got lucky as she walked through the cafeteria doors and there sat Drew and Cleric. "Fancy meeting you here" she smiled as she took a seat. "What's for lunch? " the tension was high now that Kyra took a minute to notice. Something was off. Her smile began to fade. "Any news on Ellie?" She asked quietly sensing that this was the something.

Drew smiled at first, "You know, the usual. Just slop." Drew's smile soon disappeared, though, as he stared down at his half-eaten tray of food. Once Kyra discovered the tension, Drew frowned, and looked over at Cleric. Cleric sighed and placed his phone down on the table, "Ellie forfeited because her and David are dating....again." Cleric replied, with a slight frown on his face, "I heard through someone else, and eventually I found her. she didn't have a lot to say, but it was obviously something had changed. First of all, her hair is dyed now." Cleric added in, crossing his arms and looking away from the duo in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.