Kadic Academy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well at least you have friends. My hobbies are it for me. Also tragic." Kyra laughed. They were quite the pair. "So you don't want to be a hero. What do you want to do? It's a shame about your family. Things are always better when you're close." Kyra pursed her lips realizing the sad truth of how her family had just broken apart and now Noone was close to any other the others. Kyra shifted so she was sitting cross-legged with her elbows on her knees and and her chin in her hands. She stared attentively at Drework waiting for him to continue.

Drew frowned as Kyra mentioned how it was better to be closer to one's family, prompting a "Yeah, I know." From Drew, which he muttered under his breath. After a few moments of silence, Drew turned away from Kyra for a moment, before turning back to her, "I don't know yet. I was hoping to find some kind of purpose here." He explained, with a toothy smile, "And also, I don't have many friends. Just you, Cleric, Casey, and Ellie. And even then, I don't know Cleric or Ellie that well." Drew scratched his chin, realizing Kyra and Casey were his only actual friends, "So I guess we both don't have much." He chuckled again, making light of their social situation. Drew crossed his legs, and leaned back on his hands, "I'm just kinda here, I guess. I don't like much at Kadic, and I didn't like much back at home, but now all I can think about is home. Yet, whenever I was home, all I could think about was going away from it." Drew started up, without much preamble. Talking about himself had brought out something in him, a sudden urge to just kind of talk about himself, "I'm just confused. Everything beautiful is far away," Drew kept going, turning his gaze from Kyra, and looking at the ground, with an almost vacant look in his eyes, "or maybe everything far away is beautiful. It's like how the grass is greener on the other side. Grass just looks nicer from the other side, you know? Grass where you're standing looks like dirt with hair." Drew finished, pulling up some grass from the ground, as he spoke. After a moment of silence, Drew looked back over at Kyra, "Sorry for ranting. That was kind of unwarranted." Drew gave a laugh, hoping to ease any feeling of awkwardness Kyra felt.

Kyra felt sad for Drew as he talked but she also completely understood what he was saying.. "I think you have it right when you say 'everything far away is beautiful' but you also have to realize that there's beauty close up too. You just have to look for it." Kyra motioned to the area where drew had plucked the grass. In its place a beautiful flower had bloomed. "You know, like making the best of a bad situation kind of thing." She smiled at him glad that he had shared something about himself. She was glad to get to know him a little better. She grinned at him. She was afraid to check the time but did it anyway. 245. "I guess we should head that way. I'd like to get an accurate layout of the land." She pushed to her feet and held her hand out for Drew to help him up.

As they made there way back through the forest. Kyra asked "any other advice on fighting someone with durability? Because right now that's the biggest concern." She could the field in the distance. They'd likely make it by 3. There were already people around just kind of waiting. She wondered how the other fights had gone. She hadn't checked the bracket in awhile. She wondered if there was any chance that David wouldn't make it to finals. She doubted it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drew smiled as Kyra gave her thoughts on the situation. Quickly Drew drug a sleeve across his eyes, trying to hide the fact he teared up. After a moment, Drew took Kyra's hand, helping him get up, "Thanks." He said, with a soft smile. Standing up, Drew walked beside Kyra on the way to the track. After some silence, Drew finally spoke up, "You're going to kick this guy's ass. I know you will." Drew said, with a smirk as he looked over at Kyra, "You're better than anyone in this tournament." He added, saying the last sentence with utmost confidence.

Kyra smiled at Drew. "Again. Thanks for the vote of confidence" she didn't know about being the best. But she was going to try the hardest.
As they neared the track field, quickly began to survey the area. She could feel all the different earth elements just waiting to be brought to life. She could do this. All she had to do was outlast him. She wasn't worried about his weight transfer but she was worried about any hidden tricks he might have like the last guy.
"The last little bit of waiting is always the worse." She said to drew as she continued to survey the crowd

The crowd that had gathered for Kilo and Kyra's fight was impressive. At least 60 students had gathered in the bleachers for the fight. Among those, Cleric sat, and Drew even spotted Casey and the group of cool kids. After a moment, Drew's mouth dropped. Sure enough, he saw David Lewis with the cool group, and sitting loyally next to him was Ellie, with purple dyed hair -- looking bored and out of place. David seemed nonchalant simply chatting with a couple of people in their group. Deciding not to point this out to Kyra, Drew continued to scan the field. In the middle of the field stood Ramiro Wong and Ben Salazar, to referee the match. Standing their already was Kilo, dressed in a black and gold jumpsuit, with an tonne weight emblazoned in a stylish fashion across the chest. He was clean cut, and stood no higher than 6 foot. He seemed to be pretty lean and muscular, and cut an impressive figure with his short brown hair. Kilo stood, stoically, as he awaited his challenger. It seemed all the pieces for the match had gotten here early, and seemed that even more students were showing up. Drew wondered just how many would show up. It was weird, considering it wasn't a semi-final match, but he guessed it was still important enough to warrant a large crowd.

Kyra sighed. "Guess it's show time." She headed for the middle of the circle she looked over her shoulder at Drew. "Wish me luck" she smiled. She approached the officials in the schools bodysuit. It made her think about how she really needed to get her own made.
She took a last glance at the crowd. And sure enough she saw ellie with David and a few rows back was Cleric. How dare he show his face here. And seeing ellie with David made her blood boil. She was angry. And she thought it would help her in this fight.
She did have a few problems with hurting people and hoped she could subdue Kilo without seriously injuring him. But she was prepared to give her best effort. "I'm here" she said as she strolled into the fighting area.

"Good luck, Kyra." Drew said, with a soft smile, as he stood back. The crowd grew completely silent as Kyra stepped up across from Kilo. Keeping his stoic appearance, Kilo stepped forward and offered a handshake to Kyra, "Good luck." He said, in a simple tone, before stepping back to where he was. Mr. Salazar looked over both students, with a apprehensive emotion on his face, "I trust you both know the rules, and what is going to happen here." Mr Salazar started, looking at both contestants, "And I trust that you are both ready for the match." Salazar concluded, keeping up his glancing between the two of them. Ramiro and him both backed up, far enough to give the contestants their room, before Mr. Salazar shouted out, "BEGIN!" The crowd roared to life.

Kyra shook Kilos hand and said "you too" She nodded at the officials as they went through there spiel. Her muscles her already bunching as Mr. Salazar started the match.
Kyra immediately ran at kilo and about 3 feet from him she slid across the dirt in his direction a wall shot out of the ground at an angle aimed directly at his chest. She followed the attacked and ran up the ledge to flip over him and get behind him. She aimed at kick at his ribcage. Her plan was to hit him extremely hard and fast right off the bat to hopefully wear down his durability.

Kyra had went on the offensive far quicker than Kilo had ever anticipated. It was immediately obvious right from the go that Kilo did not have the quickness to retaliate or defend himself particularly well. He was struck by the wall, slamming the super-durable man in the chest, and actually sent him somewhat upwards, while the kick in the rib cage sent him back down towards the ground. As Kyra struck him in the rib cage, though, he reached up with both hands, and gripped Kyra's ankle, attempting to slam her in the ground, as he too went down towards the ground. The stoic look that Kilo possessed before the match was still there, even though he had taken two solid hits one right after each other.

Kyra felt kilos hands around her ankle and she knew she was in trouble. She aimed at kick at his hands attempting to dislodge them but it wasn't quick enough and she hit the ground with a yell. It hurt but she rolled over backwards to get way from him. The last thing she needed was to lose this fight after 2 minutes. As she regained her composure she launched some packed earth at him. She moved further away to implement her next part of the plan. But the timing had to be right. She launched the packed earth at him the whole time she was moving. She expected to land at least a few solid hits.

The first volley of packed earth slammed squarely into Kilo, but the man did not budge to the attack. As the next volleys launched at him, Kilo jumped into the air. Appearing to levitate, and easily dodging the packed earth as he ran on the air towards Kyra, it was obvious he had made himself less than weightless. Despite this amazing feat, Kilo kept on the same straight face. No look of determination, no look of desperation, no look of triumph. While he was able to levitate, it was obvious it was far from agile movement. Kilo managed to levitate near Kyra, dodging as he did so, before instantly making himself heavier. With a loud thump, he slammed into the ground, about 5 feet from Kyra. Launching from his landing position towards Kyra, Kilo attempted a gut punch on the girl.

Kilos levitation didn't surprise Kyra but it did surprise her how high was able to go. As he landed he headed for her. She she took a few running steps and slid along the ground-much like a baseball slide-aiming at his feet. If she made the contact the force would be enough to knock him down.

When Kyra slammed her foot into Kilo's leg, the man buckled slightly, but he did not budge. It was as if Kyra had just kicked a concrete wall, and where Kilo's feet rested, the ground was actually impacted. He had made himself so super heavy, that he wasn't even budging. Kilo glanced down at Kyra, with the slightest hint of a grimace on his face, as he brought both of his arms up over his head. Bringing down both his forearms on Kyra, he was hoping to slam into her with his now heavy weight. The force would be enough to break a bone if he hit the right spot.

Quickly recovering on the fact that Kilo didn't move and was now super heavy. She knew she couldn't move quick enough so she created a sinkhole. She thought his heavy weight would sink him instantly and give her the chance to get up. She scrambled backward like a crab just to get away from the sinking earth and the heavy Kilo. She needed to get back on the offensive. She was sweating and her breathing was a little labored. She had to start wearing him down again before it was too late

As the sinkhole formed, it prompted a stoic look from Kilo, almost glaring down Kyra. Once again, Kilo instantly floated in the air, weightless as ever, and landed on a safe patch of dirt. It didn't seem as if Kilo had even been phased by the fight thus far, not really changing in demeanor or seeming worried at all at the current predicament. Oddly enough, Kilo allowed Kyra to gather herself up, allowing the girl to get on her feet and catch her breath for a moment, before charging straight at her. Kilo lowered his shoulder, and his speed seemed to slow somewhat, a clear indicator he had increased his weight. He was intending to shoulder slam Kyra.

The sinkhole didn't phase kilo because he could literally instantaneously change his weight. Kyra growled getting really annoyed. She regained her composure and got a few breaths in before kilo ran at her. She produced 3 walls one after the other. See didn't think one would do anything but running through the 3 might hurt a little. She moved to the side so she was no longer directly behind the walls. And let her boiling anger finally bubble over. It was time to bring out the big guns. Her hands were suddenly engulfed in flames and she was going to engage kilo in hand to hand.

As the walls shot up in front of Kilo, it seemed inevitable that he would burst through them. Although, after a couple moments of silence, no demolition was heard. After a moment, appearing over the final wall, was a floating Kilo. It was obvious that Kilo was an experienced, and smarter, fighter than Sunspot. He had been able to stop himself, and once more levitate by making himself weightless. Now, dropping down after earning a small amount of surprise, Kilo aimed a kick at Kyra's chest. Adjusting his weight, it was once again evident that the man had become a bit more heavy, now. It didn't appear, however, that the flame on Kyra's hand bothered Kilo, but he did see the new tactic Kyra was employing. Maybe, simply, he did not care, despite the fact of the damage it could pose to him, despite his super durability.

Kyra jumped back from the kick. She had no way of knowing how heavy he was and couldn't afford to be hit. Kilo wasn't even phased by the fire. This made her even angrier and her hands burned hotter and moved up her wrists a little. Her only hope for this tactic is that kilo wasnt a skilled fighter. But she had no way of knowing. Getting this close to him could prove terribly dangerous. Kyra aimed a kick for his stomach to push him back against the walls that he didn't break and then went in to repeatedly hit him in the gut with her flame ridden hands

The kick landed squarely in Kilo's stomach, causing him to staggered backwards one step, but his heavy weight steadied him. Keeping the calm demeanor, Kilo was able to parry a couple of the repeated jabs made by Kyra, but he wasn't nearly as trained as Kyra was, as evident by the fact that a small frown formed on his otherwise stone-like face. A few of Kyra's jabs hit Kilo square in the gut. While he did have the super durability, and his leotard protected him from most of the dangerous heat, it was obvious that Kilo was not having a fun time. Allowing Kyra to land only a couple more jabs, Kilo, with surprising speed, grabbed one of Kyra's wrists, and launched his own head towards her nose. Kilo was lighter, and faster, implying he had lighten his weight significantly in order to catch Kyra. The headbutt wouldn't be devastating, but even with a light weight, it had the potential to break and nose, or even hurt someone pretty badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.