Kadic Academy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dating!?...again!?" Kyra was dumbfounded. "No that can't be right." Kyra had always gotten the impression that Ellie didn't like David. So to date made no sense. "Where is she? Why hasn't she been around?" Kyra had felt as though her and Ellie would become good friends. Granted it was only one day of friendship but still she was shocked that Ellie just up and disappeared. "And what happened to letting me know." Kyra shook her phone as she looked at drew accusingly.

"Cleric didn't want to tell you, at all." Drew defended himself, guilt wracking his face. His gaze turned down towards the food on his place, which he pushed around slowly with his fork -- invoking the image of a child who was just scolded. Cleric frowned, and shook his head, "They dated Ellie's 1st year." Cleric replied, his frown growing more sour by the moment, "I was both of their friends, back when David wasn't the popular kid he is now. And, I'm 100% Ellie does hate David, which confirms a theory I have about David's powers." Cleric went on, this time leaning in and changing his volume of his voice to no louder than a hush, "I think David can manipulate the emotions of people. I always thought he could when we were friends. It makes sense, because I also think he has access to psychic-like powers." Cleric acted as if what they were talking about was the worse taboo one could talk about in a public place, "I'm working on it, and I'm trying to get Ellie alone. Right now, you need to focus on the tournament." Cleric finished, leaning back in his seat.

"That is so unfair. Can't you tell somebody?" Kyra was outraged. She wanted to go punch david square in the face. "What is your deal with this tournament? Why is it so important to you!? We should be doing something about Ellie. She wouldn't want this." Kyra was getting madder by the second. Mad could be good for Kyra but it could also be very bad. She wanted to cool off for a minute so before she continued to yell at Cleric she decided to go get some lunch. "I'm going to get something to eat." She stood, fuming, pointed at Cleric and said, "you better have some real answers for me when I get back." As she got her lunch with and extra apple she headed back to the table. She didn't feel like she was going to explode on Cleric any second. But she was still mad. Cleric better have some good news.

Cleric sat quietly, as Kyra fumed, staring her in the eyes as she did so. Drew and Cleric were both completely silent, with Drew still pushing around his food, when Kyra got up to get herself from food. Cleric sighed, and checked down at his phone, waiting for Kyra to return. Once Kyra returned, Cleric finally glanced up at the apparently still fuming Kyra, while Drew glanced up at her with a soft smile, hoping to calm her down. After a moment, Cleric began to speak, "The reason I'm not about to tell anyone," Cleric started, his voice still hushed, "is because I'm for certain that David has a ton of people in this school under his thumb. The guy went from being a nobody like me, to overnight being one of the most popular kids in school and becoming Student President. It doesn't make sense, and it seems like I'm really the only one who notices." Cleric explained, his hushed tone growing even more quiet, as if the words he spoke were cursed, "I want you to beat this tournament and meet David in the finals. I admit, it's probably for selfish reasons, but I want to see what he's fully capable of, and I think that you could actually push him." Cleric continued, glancing around him once in a while, "I think David is far more powerful than he let's on, powerful enough to make S class heroes blush. I'm not getting into it here, but I think he has some kind of plan. When him and I were friends, he would sometimes confide in me, and some of the things he said, and way I saw his brain work, worries me." Cleric went on, finally sitting back in his chair and letting out a sigh, "We can't do much about Ellie. Why he has taken an interest in her all of a sudden is beyond me, unless he was just lonely and wanting to date her, again." Drew looked perplexed, and almost dropped his silverware into his food, his mouth agape, "You realize if what you're saying is true, Kyra could get seriously hurt against this psycho. Like, really bad." Drew said, his voice slightly rising, which prompted Cleric to gesture Drew to quiet down. Looking around, Drew looked back towards Kyra, "You don't even know how powerful he could be. He could kill her." Drew said, in hushed frustration.

Kyra listened to clerics reasoning for not telling anyone which made sense. But there had to be someshing they could do. She was slowly eating her lunch as she continued listening to Clerics explanations. Her eyebrows shot up when she heard why Clerics had been so interested in the tournament and she glared at Cleric. Drew was absolutely right. It was seriously dangerous for Kyra. Pushing her to get into the finals alone was bad enough but he wasn't even going to tell her about David. He was just going to throw her in blind and hope for the best. She was part of an experiment.
Kyra kept her voice low so as not to create a scene but she wanted to scream at him.
"So I'm your scapegoat because you're too chickenshit to do anything about it yourself. Right? Awesome." With that she shoved her chair back and stormed out of the cafeteria, leaving her half eaten lunch on the table. She was glad that at least Drew hadn't been part of it. She headed for the forest. Somewhere quiet. She only had a couple of hours until her next fight and she needed to focus.

Cleric sighed, looking away from Kyra as she blew up. He knew something like this was going to happen, and it'd be best to just let it take it's course, "Don't miss your match." Cleric called after her. Drew glared at Cleric, in disgust, as he chased after Kyra, "Kyra, wait up!" Drew called out, following her out. It took about to the forest before he finally managed to catch up with the rage-fueled Kyra, "Kyra, don't be that way. I'm sure he means well. It's all for a purpose." Drew called out, again, stopping about 15 feet away from her, on the edge of the forest.

Cleric just couldn't let it be. After hearing him call after her it took all of her will power not to beat the crap out of him. She was aware that Drew was following but she didn't stop until he finally caught up. Just inside the forest she turned to look at him still infuriated. "Means well!?" She practically shouted at him. "He's a selfish coward. The only thing he cares about is getting his answers. He's willing to put someone he was supposed to be friends with in danger to solve a puzzle hes been working on.There is no well meaning in that!" The last time Kyra was this angry her persuasion over fire had been unveiled. While her fire powers weren't extensive. At least not yet. She knew this might end badly. Closing her eyes, she took several deep breaths to ease the burning that was running through her veins.

Drew sighed, and frowned. Kyra's position was in the right, and Cleric was definitely in the wrong, but Drew didn't want things to go this way, "He's doing it because he's worried about everyone. Maybe if he understands David better, and the things about David are true, we can help Ellie and help everyone." Drew explained. Despite disagreeing with the way Cleric went about it, and the fact that it was endangering Kyra, Cleric did have good points, "I don't want you to risk your life. I just don't want you to be angry at Cleric." Drew said, smiling in an attempt to show he meant well to Kyra. Drew could tell by the way Kyra carried herself that she was likely to blow up, again, at any moment, but it looked like she was at least attempting to calm herself down. Drew took a few more steps towards Kyra, keeping his same smile, "Besides, who wouldn't be excited about getting a chance to knock some pretty boy's face in?" Drew let out a small chuckle, hoping to lighten the situation

Kyra opened her eyes to LOOK through drew. "You can bet your ass I'm gonna be mad at Cleric. So you can just stop that nonsense right now." Kyra backed up further into the forest. "I'm going where it's quieter. You're more than welcome to come. But not another word about Cleric. Im still trying not endanger HIS life." She walked quietly for awhile just calming herself down. Touching the trees. Looking at the flowers and plants. The animals. The sky that peaked through the treetops. Breathing. Focusing on everything except Cleric and his stupid plan. After she'd made her way deeper into the forest where there didn't appear to be any one around she sat in a small clearing. Curling her knees to her chest and wrapping her arms around them. She waited to see if Drew had followed.

Drew sighed, sticking his hands in his jacket pockets, and dutifully followed Kyra. Drew was slightly upset, some at Cleric, and some at himself. Quietly, he followed Kyra, not speaking up or interrupting her from her peaceful walk. Drew hadn't had the pleasure of enjoying the forest yet, so after a while of watching Kyra enjoy it, Drew changed his own attention to the nature around him. After a while of a walk, Drew looked back towards Kyra, who had found a small clearing. Drew leaned against a tree, as Kyra took her position sitting in the clearing and curling up. Lifting up, Drew pulled off his beanie, revealing his mess of black hair. Drew reached up, running his fingers through his black hair, apparently in thought. Stopping, Drew looked over at Kyra, giving a small smile as he noticed the girl looked back towards him, obviously checking to see if he followed or not. Drew opted to stay silent, however. He had said enough, and for fear of sticking his foot in his mouth, decided that maybe shutting up would make Kyra happier. Glancing around the clearing, Drew drank in the surrounding environment, enjoying it for all it was worth.

Drew had indeed decided to follow along. She returned his smile with a forced one of her own. Looking back at the ground Kyra said in an almost whisper. "It's scary, you know?" She continued to stare at the ground, swirling the grass and dirt without even moving it. "The durability of my next opponent is intimidating enough. And then to find out that if I make it to the finals I'm most likely going to have face a half psychotic guy who's potentially more powerful than the most powerful super heroes. Someone who would have no qualms about tearing me apart..." Kyra just let the rant die off. Truth be told she was officially terrified of this tournament and very much regretted her decision to sign up.

"You don't have to do this." Drew responded, after he let silence hang in the air after Kyra's rant. Drew once again let silence fall between them, "But maybe it's actually worth doing, and seeing if something is up. Maybe we can help Ellie if we understand David." Drew spoke up, not really defending Kyra staying in the tournament, but the idea of helping someone that may be controlled by someone else struck soundly with Drew, "I mean, isn't the point of being a hero is doing things even if they're dangerous and you could get hurt, just to help?" Drew's tone seemed to pose the question more to himself, than to Kyra, "I don't know." He added in, muttering. After a few more moments of silence, Drew looked back up at Kyra, "I don't want you to get hurt. I'm scared for you. During your fight with Sunspot, I almost wanted to jump in a couple of times." Drew finally spoke up, again, this time his gaze was steely, "I was always told to not let fear dominate your decisions." He finished. Drew's steely gaze faded, and now he looked more sullen. Drew seemed just has torn about the situation as Kyra did.

Kyra had no intentions of quitting. But Drew's words actually helped her to be a little less scared. About helping Ellie. About being a hero. She looked at him and nodded "you're right. I'm training to be a hero. And this is what a hero does." She relaxed her position a little bit, stretching her legs out and leaning back on her hands. Drew continued to say how he had been scared for her. She was torn between it being a sweet gesture and being offended at appearing weak. She thought perhaps it was a little bit of both. But a genuine smile crossed her face and her remaining anger was rapidly dissipating. "Thanks. I appreciate the concern. So are you going to sit down or just stand around all day?" She chuckled and added. "You should know, though, that I'm not a fragile kind of girl." She kept smiling to let Drew know that she wasnt angry anymore.

Drew smiled as Kyra seemed to brighten up. At Kyra's prompt, Drew shook his head, and chuckled along with her. Drew walked over to Kyra, taking a seat across from her, "I don't know. I think you just got lucky against Sunspot." Drew teased, as Kyra made her comment about not being fragile. Drew smiled, and laughed along with his joke, slightly leaning back as he sat. Drew enjoyed the forest, and it definitely had a positive addition to his attitude. Drew glanced over with a soft smile, not saying anything for a moment. As Drew opened his mouth to say something, suddenly a ringtone pierced the air. It was Kyra's phone, and it was obvious she had received a text message from the school;

""Kyra Lane and Kilo will meet at track and sport field, to have their match in the middle of the track. The match will start at 3:30 PM. If, for any reason, a contestant can not show up, they will forfeit the match.. Maps are available in the faculty offices if you can not find your way."

Kyra chuckled at Drew's teasing. "You shouldn't have said that." Kyra was about to show Drew how fragile she was when her phone went off. "Oh saved by the Bell." Pulling out her phone she checked the phone. "330 at the track field. That gives me an hour to focus and I'll still be 30 early." She let outhe a loud sigh. "How is changing your weight dangerous anyway. Unless I let him sit on me?" Kyra smiled.

"Oh, really?" Drew replied, with a playful smile at Kyra's first statement. The ringtone that pierced the air, however, brought Drew's attention to the phone. He knew it was about the tournament before Kyra even check. Drew's playful and happy demeanor suddenly changed to a serious one, once Kyra revealed her match time and place, along with posing a question about Kilo. After a moment of pondering, Drew finally gave his two cents, "If I was him, I'd used myself as a wrecking ball. You use stone walls and stuff, I'd just break right through them." Drew theorized, scratching his slight stubble he had accumulated, "I guess if he could make himself lighter, also, he could possibly levitate. But that's just an idea." Drew added in, now placing his hands in his jackets, "If I was you, and since he has super durability, but doesn't have super strength, try to lock him down and just pelt him as much as you can." Drew suggested

Kyra was doing a survey of the area she'd be fighting as Drew talked. Everything he said made since. So Kyra was formulating at least half of a game plan. There wasn't any water so that was a little bit of a disadvantage for her. But there were weeds and plenty of earth related things which was her greatest strength anyway. After a few minutes of survey of the area Kyra decided she didn't want to plan anymore. Plans never worked out anyway. She had an hour to kill before she had to worry about the the fight. If she focused on it too hard her nerves would cause her to worry about silly things that were out of her control so instead she said, "so let's talk about something else. Tell me more about you."

Drew chuckled at Kyra's statement, "That's not something worth hearing about." Drew replied, smiling as he did so. Underneath the laughing exterior, Drew was truly too nervous about revealing anything about himself. He had struck lucky in that no one had realized who he was before Kadic yet. He had been known as 'Jimmy Trash' back in Richmond, and while he did typically only do good with his powers, he can recall more than a handful of times he used them for the wrong reasons. Although, what with no one yet realizing who he was, maybe it'd be okay to open up a bit. Still, Drew worried about being associated with his old persona, "I'm from Virginia. I don't have a lot of hobbies, unless you call being a knucklehead a hobby." Drew added, with a friendly smile, "What about you? I don't know that much about you besides your name and your powers."

"Oh come on. There's always something worth hearing." Kyra tried to push him. She decided she'd go first. "I think I've mentioned some of this already. But I'll just go over the basics. I've lived in wilson's creek since I was 12. Missouri before that. I just turned 18 couple of months ago. My hobbies include anything nature Related, surprise surprise, drawing, and reading." Kyra chuckled at herself realizing how nerdy her description made her sound so she quickly added. "Oh and I've been training in hand to hand combat since I was 15. So you're turn. There's got to be something."

Drew smiled as Kyra went on to describe herself, enjoying hearing about herself. Once Kyra finished, she turned the gun on Drew. Sighing, but also smiling, Drew decided it wouldn't hurt to talk a little about himself, "Well, I'm not that close to my family. I haven't talked to them in a while. I wasn't even going to attend Kadic Academy, but I did kinda on a spur of the moment deal." Drew went on, slightly lying, but also telling the truth about his predicament, "I'm turning 18 pretty soon. In about another two months. I'm not really into heroes or anything to do with them. The closest thing I have to a real hobby is probably hanging out with friends, which is kinda pathetic." Drew continued, rubbing the back of his head, as he realized how little of a life he had, "It's really tragic." Drew added in a chuckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.