Isle of Monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles Kane was seated on the throne, with Elyse standing to his right. As Sebastian and Aria reached the front of the crowd, he sat up. All he had to do was gesture, and the room fell silent.

"I'm sure you're all aware by now that we have a visitor among us," he said, turning his cold stare on Aria. "This young lady is Aria Montgomery. It appears that the shield that surrounds our island is not quite as secure as we hoped. Angels, apparently, can pass through and survive."

Aria crossed her arms onto her hips. She just watched Charles as he spoke. What was he going to tell her? Say of what they were going to do to her. She sighed softly, not really sure what to do about him saying her whole name. She glared at Aria, should she tell hi to just let her go? She didn't really see the big issue here.

Sebastian gave Aria a warning look. Disrespect was usually met with a harsh punishment; he'd learned that himself a long time ago.

"According to our sources, we are extremely lucky. As it turns out, this girl is in fact angelic royalty," Charles Kane said. "We have a very valuable bargaining chip."

Aria looked at Sebastian confused, she gave him a look as in, what? She raised an eyebrow hearing him. She opened her mouth to speak. How was she royalty? Her parents were rich, but wait, they were human weren't they? So who were her real parents? Could this man be telling the truth? She didn't know what to say. She honestly didn't care, " Excuse me, but uhm.. you sure you got the right person and um... well I ain't property" She shook her head.

All of the vampires in the room turned their gaze on Aria, clearly not approving. Sebastian moved slightly in front of her.

"We are absolutely sure," Charles said. "And no, you may not be property, but your family seems very interested in getting you back safely. Though apparently not enough to have kept you in their realm in the first place, I suppose."

Aria watched Charles, she glared, not caring what happens. " Who makes you so sure that I am of royalty?" She shook her head. " This is insane, you need to let me go. Clearly keeping me hostage won't give you any advantage. If you are so saying the truth... then I am sure if I could get in then so they can and bring war. Of course after they find out about where I am." She rolled her eyes. She didn't like this, but she looked over at the vampires, " You guys won't do anything, you can't drink from me. So what are you gonna do?"

The vampires bristled, clearly upset at being insulted. Sebastian had to actually step between her and one of the other vampires.

"You will show respect!" Elyse hissed, striding forward, but Charles raised a hand and she halted.

The vampire patriarch looked more amused than anything else. "You raise a good point, girl. Our defenses are not strong enough to keep out an angel army, and no, we cannot feed on you without being injured. However, you are still of value to us. Vampires have a great deal of dark magic, but our ability to control light magic, like yours, is limited. Sebastian?"

"Sir?" Sebastian looked towards Charles.

"You seem to have earned this girl's respect. I would like you to be her guardian while she is with us. Elyse will work on unlocking the magic she has, particularly in those necklaces of hers."

Aria crossed her arms glaring at Elyse. She didn't know what to say. She hated this. She shook her head, " Respect? The ones that keep me from going back to where I belong?!" She shook her head, " Try being in my shoes, I thought i was a human all my life but now I am being told differently? Along with finding out that humans aren't the only ones out there?" She groaned looking away. She really didn't know what to say, she didn't yell but she spoke trying to get them to understand.

She raised an eyebrow listening to what Charles was saying. She rolled her eyes as she thought about this, Wait they can get injured with trying to drink her blood? What if she banished herself from being an angel. There was surely magic to do so. She looked away thinking about this. She sighed what was this, him being her guardian. She glared at the woman who yelled at her, " She is not touching any of my necklaces." She snarled. " I'll find a way" She was too angry at any of them. She backed away and feeling this built up anger, taking a deep breath. She had to figure all of this out.

She had to get out, she had to run away. She knew that if she could get in, she could easily get out. She needed to find something. She exited the room, What was the point of her being there if they are going to talk so lowly of her, speaking to her as if she was so scum on the earth. She wanted to make them pay.

Elyse was looking at Aria in much the same way that a snake looks at a mouse with a broken leg. Sebastian glanced back at Aria, not liking where this was going. The girl wasn't being cooperative, and he knew from experience that she would get into nasty trouble if the vampires took offense.

"Everyone here has been in your shoes," Sebastian muttered. "It was just a long time ago for most of them. Please don't try anything in here--"

"Sebastian? Are you begging that girl to play nice?" Elyse asked, very loudly. "Can't you control one little girl?"

"Father, may we be excused now?" Sebastian asked, staring right past her at Charles. He gave a single nod, and Sebastian bowed and turned, moving to lead Aria out of the room.

Aria wasn't getting along with them, clearly being upset with this. She raised an eyebrow. " I am not trying anything, Sebastian, I am just simply saying they won't get anywhere near my magic." She rolled her eyes, " Or my necklaces. " Her parents gave them to her for a reason. She thought that the necklaces were something special even for her. They were gifts from her true parents, and she didn't want to let them go. She was nervous. She felt her heart racing.

She felt all of the adrenaline. She was just done. She moved out of the room and headed towards to her room, rushing, walking fast.

Sebastian followed close behind, very much aware of the other vampires watching them leave.

"Aria, you need to understand, they may not be able to feed on you, but they can still hurt you, and believe me, they will if they think you're fighting back."

Aria rolled her eyes, " Why? Because that's the truth." She shook her head, making sure to head back to her room, she didn't care about that. " Oh they will, huh?" She didn't believe that one bit. She looked over to the side to look at him, " It's whatever." She said as she scoffed. She moved to get back into her room making sure that the jewelry was all there. She was glad. She grinned looking at him thinking. She said, " I don't care, because if your so called father thinks I am a prized fucking possession then they'll make sure that I will stay alive." She rolled her eyes, thinking of a plan.

Sebastian didn't smile back; his expression was deadly serious.

"I was human when they first brought me here. I thought they were just crazy, part of a cult or something. I tried to escape more times than I can count. Every time I was caught, I was punished. I learned that there are a lot of terrible things they can do to a person without killing them."

Aria shook her head, not believing him, " I can't believe you. That's not possible." She rolled her eyes. She said, " Besides they can't do anything to me." She shrugged it off as she looked at how serious his face was. She couldn't believe that. She licked her lips, suddenly hungry. She couldn't believe this. " Why are you telling me this?" She asked.

Sebastian wanted to punch the door, but resisted, barely. "Why won't you understand? They don't care what you want or what you think! All they care about is power, and they will do anything to get it!"

Aria had began pacing. She frowned, " Because I don't understand! I don't get why power is so important!!" She frowned shaking her head. " No I don't get it. I am freaking out right now okay?! I am worried for the people who raised me as their own, and the ones who are actually truly my parents. I don't know what the hell is going to happen. I need to get out of here, before anything bad happens."

Sebastian sighed. "I know, I know. It's complicated and messy. Took me years to understand all of it. But right now, I'm going to make sure nothing bad happens to you. I need you to be careful around the other vampires. Do you think you can do that, at least?"

Aria looked at him, " I can try." She moved to sit on her newly made bed. She couldn't believe this. She made sure that her bag full of jewelry was on the bed next to her, before she held onto a pillow, looking at the jewelry.

Sebastian sighed, relaxing a little. "Thank you, I understand how hard this is for you," he said, coming into the room.

Aria didn't break her contact away, " No... I have these powers or gifts, that I don't even know what they are except one, and how do I know that I am an angel?" She frowned. She just began to mess with the jewelry she was going to have to hide them.

Status
Not open for further replies.