Isle of Monsters

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sebastian gestured towards her wrists. "The tattoos. I've never met an angel before so I can't be sure, but I think they're connected to your wings in some way."

He wondered what would happen if Aria figured out her powers before Elyse could. If that was even possible. Elyse was only used to dark magic, yes, but that was still more experience than Aria had.

Aria didn't know what to expect. She looked at her wrists, of the angel wings. She glanced over them. She had to figure it all out. She looked at him and said, " Really?" She asked. She blinked a few times, ' Do you guys have laptops?"

"We do," Sebastian said, "though the signal is weak so they run more slowly. Wait here."

He went to his quarters, and returned a few seconds later carrying a sleek black laptop computer.

Aria just stood there, She knew that she was going to do some research. She smiled weakly at him before she looked down not sure what to say. She saw the laptop, " Thanks." She knew there was a lot of methods. She began searching up how angels went to their angelic forms, and their powers.... she had healing, that was one, but she wanted to figure out how to get into her true form.

Sebastian stepped back, wanting to give her a little space to breathe and recover. She would need that in the coming days. If he was going to keep her safe, he needed to make the other vampires sure that he was in control, so that they wouldn't replace him with someone who would be harsher to Aria.

Aria looked at the ring that was given to her, learning about them. According to legend, one of them had her magic sealed in it, because she was young they only give the angels their magic, well other magic. And with her apparently she was a higher angel, causing her to have more powers, so maybe each of these had a power inside. That's what she found out. She looked up at him before she sprawled her jewelry out. She knew that she would have to say a chant to draw out the magic and put inside her again.

"You've found something?" Sebastian asked, seeing her spreading out the jewelry as if she was planning to do something with it.

Aria nodded as she looked up at him. " Apparently, for each power, when Angels are born they are too young for their magic, some jewelry.... " She remembered when one of the rings broke and then that was when she healed. " Each power is locked away in some object, some use jewelry..." She looked at it, " So.. For each jewelry I have.. and apparently I am one of the higher angels, which makes sense as to why this place wants to keep me. So if i..." She closed her eyes really hating this. She snapped one bracelet, a glowing form went out and into her flesh. She smiled looking at it, " There's a few ways to get the power out.. breaking the object or saying a chant." She began to say a chant. The other objects started to glow and shake. Aria looked over at him thinking. She was happy. She kept on saying the latin chant over and over again before one by one the glowing light shot into her. She gasped in pain.

Sebastian watched, not sure if he should--or could--intervene. When she reacted in pain, he moved to catch her, only to feel her power scalding his skin. He recoiled before he could be burned.

"Well," he said after a moment, "I suppose it won't matter if Elyse looks at your jewelry now."

Aria knew that it took two hours to figure it out. She winced in pain, coughing a little. That sucked. She looked over at him, " I think it's good to touch me now. You won't feel my magic.' She said. She then closed her eyes, " Exactly. They won't find the magic, I did before them this time. I am just gonna have to act as if I don't want them to touch it. I mean they do hold memories for me. " She smiled. She sat up from the floor where she was launched. She stood back up. She yawned a bit, knowing that she was going to have to do more research on how to use the powers, and to well.. get into my true form." She said honestly. She looked over at him. " I don't know what powers I have.. I know it's going to be getting some time.

Sebastian had waited tensely for Aria to recover (or someone to come into the room), but he breathed a sigh of relief as she started speaking again. And then he remembered that she'd just stopped his clan from learning about her powers. Why was he on her side again? It was irrational.

And yet...well, he still remembered when he'd been in her position, a scared, ordinary kid who wanted nothing but to get out of here. He'd accepted living in this place a long time ago, but it wasn't anything like a home. He didn't really care if the Kane clan lost a tiny bit of magical power.

"If they figure out what's happened we will both be in trouble," he said. "But I think Elyse might believe that the jewelry was damaged or lost its power when it passed through the island barrier."

Aria really didn't care for what the Kane Clan or anybody would do. She looked at him, " And? I don't care what they'd do to me. I got my magic and I can heal, so what else can happen. I mean yeah okay she can think all what she wants but we only know what truly happened." She then realized how much he was helping her, why? She looked at him, as she yawned again. " Is there any food? I am starving." She said honestly. She blushed feeling embarrassed. She was really worried about her to being alone. She hoped that Charles or Elyse would do anything to her.

Not wanting to start another argument about the Kanes or Elyse, Sebastian gladly switched subjects. "Food? Of course, I'll bring you something." The vampires could eat regular food, although it didn't do much to nourish them--at least, not the way blood did. It was more for the symbolism of the thing, a way to act like they had class and wealth and weren't just parasites.

Leaving the room, Sebastian locked the door behind himself. If Elyse or Charles really wanted to get inside, they probably could, but they wouldn't just force their way in. He headed downstairs to find something for Aria to eat.

Aria smiled a little glad that they wouldn't let her starve, even though she was starving. She was hungry, wanting food. She laid on her bed as she began to do more research about how to change forms. Of course she read that it was painful.

The trip was thankfully uninterrupted. Sebastian collected some fruit and bread from the kitchens and headed back upstairs. Some of the other vampires passing him gave him curious looks, but he just stared straight ahead and walked as if he was on an important mission. Reaching Aria's room again, he unlocked the door and came inside.

Aria was laying on her bed, curious as to what they were going to do. She grinned about this, the idea of making them realize they were too late to her powers. Do not piss of an angel. That's what they should learn. She didn't want them getting her magic or anything. She looked at him as he entered, she sat up as she thought.

Sebastian set the plate down on the bedside table. "If you're tired I can lock the door and let you rest for a while," he offered.

Aria sighed sitting up, "No I can't go to sleep, not now..." She muttered quietly. She gulped nervously as she thought about this. She looked over to the side thinking. She said," Thank you though."

"I understand," Sebastian said, with a glance towards the door. This place didn't exactly scream safe and secure place to sleep. "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Aria smiled weakly grabbing the plate of food. " Can you not leave me alone.. I don't trust this place anymore." She said honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.