Iskiela: Unity [Signups / OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry. It doesn't look like I will be able to join the rp. I can't come up with a good char and I thought changing gender would work but even that isn't giving me anything. I have to drop but good luck.

• Thank You
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
I'm sorry. It doesn't look like I will be able to join the rp. I can't come up with a good char and I thought changing gender would work but even that isn't giving me anything. I have to drop but good luck.

Hey man, no big deal, thanks for giving it a shot anyways. If you feel like coming back you could always join again later with a non-heir character, like Fatal was saying earlier.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Justin
Hey man, no big deal, thanks for giving it a shot anyways. If you feel like coming back you could always join again later with a non-heir character, like Fatal was saying earlier.
Yeah, I will definitely take up that offer if I can actually find a char that would fit in the rp. Sucks because was excited but just nothing clicking.

• Thank You
Reactions: Voices of Nerat
Yeah, I will definitely take up that offer if I can actually find a char that would fit in the rp. Sucks because was excited but just nothing clicking.
I getcha, happens to everyone. Keep an eye on the thread if ya wanna, maybe after you get a feel for what the story is like you might get some inspiration for a character?

• Thank You
Reactions: Justin
I getcha, happens to everyone. Keep an eye on the thread if ya wanna, maybe after you get a feel for what the story is like you might get some inspiration for a character?
Yeah I will^^.

• Love
Dang no more Heirs....>:

May I take a non-heir merchant then? :D

I'm nearly done with my heir , I will try to have her posted tonight. Had an early shift two days in a road and it is kicking my tush right now. Halfway done though!

• Thank You
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
[fieldbox=Miah, gold, solid]
desert.png

Formal Title: Secretary

Five Words: Reserved, reticent, reliable, reposeful.
Guised.

Notable Skills:
- Mental math.
- Extraordinarily observant.
- Harlot's training: Miah is beautiful.
- Drug addict: helps Miah focus.
[/fieldbox][fieldbox= Aurum - the Golden Dawn, gold, solid](Nation 4)
Capital City: Argentum, the Silver Dusk

System of Government: Loose association of merchant & craft cantons. Miah hails from the marriage between the Arithmetic and Logician cantons, the two most historically influential; arithmeticians frequent engineering and banking guilds, and logicians often find themselves in leadership roles.

Basic Terrain and Weather: Temperate and mostly flat, with patchy forests. The seas and lake moderate the climate year round, and the natural harbour to the west prevents most storms from breaching the coast. Aurum is a popular destination for convalescence (and hedonism).

Trade Specialization: Skilled services, and canal fees to Behringer lake, from the West and South sea. Aurum does not deal much in primary exports.

Notable or Interesting Facts: Anyone in Aurum may be leased for their skills. Of particular note are those from the Logician and Arithmetic guilds, frequently hired to assist engineers and statesmen. Aurum's universities are renowned through Iskiela.

Anything Else: Aurum has a professional military guild; a large amount are employed by the various cantons for self-defense.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Hopefully going to get the @fatalrendezvous seal of approval; here it goes!

Name: Cora Astraea

dawn_by_wlop-d8jksbq.jpg

wake_2_by_wlop-d8ej4fa.jpg

wake_3_by_wlop-d8g3hn7.jpg

homesick_by_wlop-d8vlh61.jpg
Occupation: Her father's daughter, his little princess. Not really 'working', since she's recently ascended to position of heiress.
Formal Title: Formally known as Princess Astraea or Heiress Astraea, nicknamed 'Little Star' by family and townsfolk alike.
Five Words That Describe Your Character: Sheltered. Trusting. Pacifist. Idealistic. Romantic.

Notable skills:
"Please, don't fight!" – Cora tends to throw herself into the line of fire for others and gets into trouble fairly frequently in her attempt to stop arguments and maintain the peace; whether a skill or a fault, it alternates between diffusing situations and worsening them. Certainly makes parties more fun, anyway.
"Mmm, a little more salt?" – Cora's actually quite the little cook, growing up with a wealth of ingredients at her fingertips, sometimes tugged directly from the soil that morning. Actively enjoys making new foods and seeing people smile when they eat her food.
"One more chance!" – Cora tries to believe the best of everyone, even if they frighten her. The man with the villainous moustache? Eccentric and tormented, but lovely underneath. That child who picked her pocket? Just misunderstood, don't punish them! The scary old lady on the corner? She needs a hot cocoa and a hug, and maybe a nice warm blanket.
"You need a hug? ...You want one?" – Cora is eager to make friends and comfort those in distress, so hugs and snuggles others like some sort of addiction. She's likely to be the shoulder to turn to in a blue moment, though she might not offer the best advice.

Nation Number and Name: 1. Fairlea
Capital City: Windhaven

System of Government: Loose monarchy. Big decisions are passed to the royals, but for the most part they don't really need to interfere with the running of things. The mellow, laid-back farming nation has long had its boundaries and lands sectioned, and with the exception of the occasional young buck nobody really oversteps them. The occasional slap on the wrist is normally keenly felt and observed thereafter because of the normally-chill nature of things. Get your work done, then have your play, and maybe a smoke and some tea, too.
Currently watched over by Gregor Astraea and wife Evangeline.

Basic Terrain and Weather: A relative spread of terrain and weather – there's the occasional oversized obnoxious hill (mountain is too aggressive-sounding) sticking out of their land that they're using to graze sheep until they can turn it into a greenhouse or something more useful, but otherwise it's a fairly calm sort of deal when it comes to the land. Farm space and a lot of grass. Snaps of warm and cold relative to their position, but nothing too horribly obscene. The folk of the land have the act of farming down pat and can grow in pretty much any weather with enough tarps and insulation or hydration, but it's always best in the sunny months.

Trade Specialization: With what's essentially an entire nation of farmers and an overabundance of farmed crops every season that's become Fairlea's official trade, along with the staple wools and various knitted items. A good portion (read here: most of, but we won't admit it) of outgoing trade is 'mama lulu", a sweet-smelling and tasting herb, of sorts. The medicinal properties are cited as the main reason for the hefty trade, since it 'soothes anxiety' and 'eases tension', but it's mostly used for recreational purposes. Natives will tell you it's none of their business how you take it, but recommend pipes or teas. Unless you're one of those folk that has your doctor measure, of course.

Notable or Interesting Facts: You could probably slip into any home in the nation and be welcomed with open arms and a bed for the night, as long as you're not openly carrying. There's a very trusting and easygoing feeling in general and you're probably going to struggle to upset someone into aggression unless you prod callously at open wounds, emotional or physical. They're probably screwed if war ever breaks out again, let's be honest.

Anything Else: Residents of Fairlea have a high tendency to have pointed ears even though they're still only human; the irregularity is the sole side effect of smoking mama lulu during a pregnancy.

Last edited:
When were you planning to start this again?

Alright... I hate to do this, but @Akashi and @Shayla I still don't have much from either of you and we're well past the deadline already.

In the interest of getting this rolling, I'm going to open up your spots. You are still welcome to rejoin the RP in a non-heir role!

Nation 7 is now reserved for @Voices of Nerat and Nation 2 is back OPEN.

@Melon and @Luster, your sheets are more or less complete-ish but still have a bit left. Any idea when you'll be able to get them done?

Alright... I hate to do this, but @Akashi and @Shayla I still don't have much from either of you and we're well past the deadline already.

In the interest of getting this rolling, I'm going to open up your spots. You are still welcome to rejoin the RP in a non-heir role!

@Melon and @Luster, your sheets are more or less complete-ish but still have a bit left. Any idea when you'll be able to get them done?
I understand. Apologies for not meeting the deadline. I'll consider giving this an attempt as a none-heir character.. Maybe. I'll let you know if I do. :)

[fieldbox="Akiyama Hideki, #FF7C78, solid, 5, Book Antiqua"]
Name: Akiyama Hideki (surname comes first)

Appearance: (as pictured)

Formal Title: Sixth-born Prince of the Akiyama Dynasty

Five Words That Describe Your Character: Delicate. Proper. Agreeable. Inventive. Scholarly.

Notable Skills:

Bookworm - Hideki spent much of his young life with his nose buried in books, and as a consequence has knowledge on quite of number of varied topics, though not all of that knowledge is necessarily useful.

Fancy Bowmanship - Practiced as more of a sport rather than for conventional warfare, he's quite skilled with the shortbow, able to hit distant targets with decent accuracy.

Siege Engineer - While not particularly concerned with battles and the like, Hideki does have a keen interest in the artillery related sphere of combat, particularly the inner workings of catapults, arbalests and whatnot that comprise weapons of such destructive power.

Cultural Knowledge - Unlike many in his country, the prince also has an interest in the other cultures of Iskiela, taking any opportunity he can to read up on the customs, rituals, religions and such of the various nations that make up the continent.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Nation 7 - Takaman Empire, #FF7C78, solid, 5, Book Antiqua"]
Nation Number and Name: #7 - The Takama Empire

Capital City: Kiridoshi (in ancient times was known as Crownsmeet)

System of Government: Feudal Monarchy. The country is divided into seven prefectures, each ruled by their own lord, all of whom swear allegiance to the emperor. The separate lords may choose to rule their territories however they wish, provided they pay tribute to the emperor and that their actions are seen as justifiably done in the name of furthering the empire's causes.

While the lords make decisions in their own territories, the emperor's will is given priority over all. He (or she in some rare cases) will choose the overall direction the country, and will ultimately be the one who makes the larger decisions, such as going to war or not. He/she still presides over other matters, but genuinely delegates the smaller dealings to their advisors. When the emperor dies, their most capable son, not necessarily the oldest, will be chosen to succeed them.

The current reigning emperor is Akiyama Hideo, head of the Akiyama dynasty and father to Hideki as well as five other sons. While Hideo rules his domain with an iron fist, he is considered neither unfair nor unjust, and can be persuaded using the right diplomatic approach. Appeals to honor and reason will make for a particularly effective strategy, as the emperor considers himself a rational man and during the many years of his rule has yet to prove otherwise.

Basic Terrain and Weather: Hilly and mountainous, for the most part. There are a few fertile valleys that the peasantry have put to use as their growing fields, and in the north east there's a modest source of timber in the oak forests that lines the Nidoshai peninsula, as well as Okuma Isle. The Takamans experience hot summers, and mild winters, with snowfall being a rare occurrence unless you find yourself traversing the mountains that keep the empire mostly contained from the northern nations of Iskiela.

Trade Specialization: Iron and copper are abundant in the hills, as well as other secondary metals. Takaman smiths are said to be the best in the world, and while some might contest the superiority of their (thousand times folded) steel, their weaponry is nonetheless considered popular around the continent, with many lords and ladies of renown commissioning the Takaman smiths to forge them an exquisite blade.

Not quite an export per se, but the Takamans are also known for their well trained military, and lords will often hire their men out to other nations to deal with whatever problems they may require a disciplined group of soldiers for, usually putting down rebellions or dealing with would-be bandit kings. In times of peace, this allows the warriors to keep their combat instincts sharp while earning gold and glory for their respective lords, and by extension their emperor.

Notable or Interesting Facts: There are two distinct ethnic groups in the Takaman Empire; those they call the Hillborn, who are true natives of the land; and the other, known as the Seaborn, who arrived in a massive fleet that conquered the ancestral home of the aforementioned hillborn and brought the Mountain Kings to their knees. While this occurred several centuries ago, those who are hillborn are generally seen as second class citizens, despite the fact that over the years the two ethnic groups have interbred to the point where there are very few pure blooded seaborn left.

People born in other parts of the continent are considered hillborn as well, even if they're of vastly different ethnic backgrounds. The term has come to be a pejorative for non-seaborn more than anything else, and while their xenophobic tendencies have dwindled in recent years, the Takamans (particularly nobility) still consider the hillborn to be inferior, though it varies from person to person.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox="Heir, darkblue, solid, 5,"]

Name: Aljoar Si'Marone (All-joe-are Sea Mar-own)

3e8bf2362db1530a198e839ab55328e0.jpg
assasine_by_sumaky.jpg

Formal Title: Second of house Si'Marone

Five Words: Charming, Organized, Shadow, Secretive, Killer

Notable Skills:
Sniper
- one of the best bowman in the city he can hit nearly any mark from any distance an arrow can reasonably travel always accounting for height, arch and wind of course

rooftop crawler - an excellent head for heights Aljoar prefers to take the high road over traffic, He's got great balance and is an excellent judge of distance too.

Smooth talker - born with a silver tongue he can think fast and talk his way out of many a tricky situation, beware sitting across from him at the negotiation table.

Ferret of information - He might not know an answer but he knows how and where to find out

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Nation Info, darkblue, solid, 5,"]

Nation 2 - Emantaline Alliance

6abac8e070ed6a7cba3a6d1fba252156.jpg
System of Government: Aristocracy - triad of houses

Si'Marone, Leal'cline, Tar'nor. The three main houses of of Emantaline work together to rule the country, though they very rarely agree on anything. Two of the three must be in agreement to pass or change any law and all three in agreement for an act of war. The politics are frequently full of undercutting, backstabbing, alliances both made and broken, accidents, and occasional outright assassination.

Each house maintains it's own guard to enforce the law, and the national army is made up of members from all three.

The houses are rules by their heads with each heir titled First, second, etc in order of birth. A younger sibling may trump an older in inheritance if certain requirements are not fulfilled.

Basic Terrain and Weather: plains to the south mountains and forest to the north, Emantaline experiences all for seasons with storms in the winter months along the coast.
Coastal cities often build a "sea-wall" wall around their perimeters and farms and pastures have been pushed inward away from the dangers of flooding.

Trade Specialization: textiles, wool, dyes, grain, fireworks

Notable or Interesting Facts:
The triad's arguments are so frequent in fact that it had to be written into their laws the the eldest unmarried child under the age of 30 from any house must be sent to fulfill the contract of unity, and even then all three houses are known to seek out loopholes.

Anything Else: (Optional)
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Ienari Anzu, #80002a, solid, 5"]
Name: Ienari Anzu

Nationality: Takaman Empire

Formal Title: Sworn Protector to the Prince

Five Words That Describe Your Character: Devoted. Resolute. Stoic. Obedient. Watchful.

Notable Skills:

Combat Proficiency - She has trained for combat from an early age and has taken to it quite naturally. She favors the naginata, but is capable of wielding other weapons as well.

Tactician - Alongside her combat training, she has also studied tactics. While she's in no position to call herself a master strategist, she can often more or less forsee just how a battle will play out.

Toxicologist - When it was decided that she would serve as prince Akiyama Hideki's personal guard, she was taught all about toxins before she actually took on that role. She can now identify a wide range of poisonous substances, both natural and manufactured, as well as associated symptoms and treatments.

Musical Talent - She picked up the shamisen in her spare time and has become pretty good with it after a couple of years of practice, though she'd deny it if ever told as much. She tends to play in seclusion, not because she wants to hide the fact that she plays but because having an audience makes her feel uneasy.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
[fieldbox="Pietr Vidales, #abf71e, solid, 5, Tahoma"]
[imga]http://pre15.deviantart.net/820c/th/pre/i/2011/124/0/e/sage_by_jialu-d3fjnif.jpg[/imga]

Name: Pietr Vidales

Appearance: Double amputee above the knees. Often seen with a simple wooden wheelchair.

Nationality: Amberholm

Formal Titles: "Neighbor"

Five Words: Firm. Playful. Self-effacing. Brooding. Raw.

Notable Skills:

• Soubrette of the soul- Music, pottery, theatre, even the occasional sleight of hand for young dazzling eyes; any form of expressing ideas in tangible, visceral form is a honed art in Pietr's arsenal. He is not one to recite liturgy from behind a pulpit with fancy words and scholarly pose. He knows what he feels, and transplants that emotion directly to his following.
  • Healer of flesh- Once an Amberholm marine, Pietr's naval career—and stature—was cut short after a skirmish with Freehold pirates. His legs were mangled above the knee by a Lucindian seal. In the monastery where he found faith, he also found a path to repay his debt to the broken bodies of our world.
  • Web of whispers- The rats of this world see all, hear all, touch all. When you nourish a creature's body and soul, sometime you get a few crumbs in return.
  • Shield of public favor- Serving soup to paupers, healing wounds of lepers, and culling the minds of orphaned youths. Though crippled in body, it is hard to say that this born-again servant does not hold the common man's loyalty. His sermons in the muddy corners of Amberhall never fall on deaf ears… except when he's caring for the deaf, bless their hearts.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Hey folks! I'm planning to open the IC sometime this weekend. Since most people are already done, I got the OK from Melon to go ahead and open while we wait for her nation info.

I'm making a few final touches to the opening post and will make the thread soon.

In the meantime, check out the additional tab I added to the first post which contains player created lore!

EDIT: Apparently the forums don't like when I try to link a tab.

Last edited:
Dang no more Heirs....>:

May I take a non-heir merchant then? :D

Hey, so I think my post was buried under other peoples, but since Nation 2 is open now, may I take that one? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.