Iskiela: Unity [Signups / OOC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Voices of Nerat @LVL1337N00B @Mglo thanks guys! I might play one or two characters and fill one of those roles <3 Although at the moment I am leaning a little more towards joining @Voices of Nerat Amberhall Watch just so I can be more involved in the main plot.

I'd be happy to have ya! Could use a second in command for Elias, if that's what you'd like. A lieutenant character or something. Alternatively you could be more on the clerical side of things though that probably wouldn't be as interesting.

@Voices of Nerat a second in command would be very noice 8D! Are you looking for a certain personality type? And FYI it's going to be a female but if you prefer male I can do my best and roll with it lol.

Reactions: Voices of Nerat
@Voices of Nerat a second in command would be very noice 8D! Are you looking for a certain personality type? And FYI it's going to be a female but if you prefer male I can do my best and roll with it lol.
Nah, a female character's perfectly fine! Personality wise, hmm. It might make sense to have someone who's a bit more strict, keeps the men in line with their training and such. A drill sergeant type character sorta xD They don't necessarily have to be gruff but someone the lower rank guys don't want to get on the bad side of. That's one idea, anyway.

• Thank You
Reactions: Valkyrie
By the way @fatalrendezvous that Pharah picture is awesome! Love me some Overwatch. Do you play Heroes of the Storm and/or World of Warcraft as well?
I've tried HotS and I like it but I feel like the games sometimes run too long. I used to play WoW a loooong time ago but stopped. I don't have the time or patience for MMOs anymore xD

I have a 7-month-old kid now so I need the flexibility of being able to get up quickly to go take care of him when needed, so Overwatch has been great for relatively quick games that I can pick up and put down.

Anyway, feel free to work with @Voices of Nerat to come up with a Watch character!

If I could hand-pick her personality, I'd say she should kind of be a foil for his Elias Varden character, maybe very honorable and stern. Maybe she doesn't even like him much because she knows he has a criminal past, and only begrudgingly listens to him because it's her job to!

BUT that's entirely up to you and I'll find ways to work you in to the story regardless. ^^

• Useful
Reactions: Voices of Nerat
[fieldbox="The Wolf, maroon, dashed, 10"]

Name: Julia van Rozen

Nickname: Jules or Julie

Nationality: Amberholm

Formal Title: The Wolf

Five Words That Describe Your Character: Headstrong, Blunt, Witty, Protective, & Amiable.

Notable Skills:

1. Metal/woodcrafting: This was a hobby but turned into a small side job where she engraves beautiful and intricate designs on anything metal or wood. Most importantly it relaxes her and gives her a break from her busy job as a Lieutenant.

2. Linguistics: Only a few handful of people know her ability to read, write, and speak different languages of the world. She keeps it a secret so that people communicate in confidence and do not filter/hide what they truly want to verbalize. Julia can then use that information against them if need be. Her father was a brilliant scholar and teacher and because of this she had grown accustomed to reading dusty tomes, books, and scrolls as a small child.

3. Nurse: Although not a doctor, Julia is still able to perform basic medical practices such as first aid, wound care, and treating certain illnesses. However, she does have an edge when it comes to natural herbal remedies that often work a lot better and faster compared to other medicines.

4. Weaponmaster: Being a second in command not only involves the security of the people of Amberholm (or whoever is under her responsibility) but when not on "guardian" duty she is sometimes training the new recruits of the Amberhall Watch. This requires the ability to be proficient in various weapons mainly bladed and long range weaponry. When in battle Julia tends to prefer wielding dual blades, a spear, and/or a bow. She is also quite skilled in hand to hand combat but it is used more as a defensive mechanism and to subdue the enemy. [/fieldbox]​

Last edited by a moderator:
so sorry for all the deleted messages...i'm trying to get the hang of bbcoding T-T

so sorry for all the deleted messages...i'm trying to get the hang of bbcoding T-T
No worries! You can always go back and edit if you need to.

Pro tip - If you're ever getting posts that just BREAK, it's usually because you used a rich text editor button OVER a written bbcode tag and now the forum doesn't know how to fix the syntax. So what it does is it tries to add close tags where they don't belong, and the more you edit it the more the forum screws things up by trying to help you!

My suggestion is, if you can, try to do all your formatting at once when the content of the post is complete. I know it feels much more intuitive to format as you go, but at least in my experience it's much safer to format at the end! That and using the BB Code Editor (the little button in the top right next full-screen) will convert every tag into a hard BB code tag that you can then clean up.

Also, Julia "The Wolf" van Rozen is approved. ^^

I write my posts in google docs, with all the proper bbcode in the document already and then copy/paste into the bbcode editor and since I've started doing that the breaking has stopped, and the one time I did end up breaking a code (I forgot to switch from the rich text) I was able to edit/delete the broken stuff and I had a fresh copy of the non-broken code to paste.

[fieldbox="Avice Alona, #9E1634, solid"]
Name: Avice Alona
pronounced Ay-viss Ah-lone-ah​

Nationality: Lucinda's Freehold

Formal Title: Doctor Alona
Surgeon Avice

Five Words That Describe Your Character: Dedicated, Curious, Excitable, Insensitive, Responsible.

Notable Skills:
Medical Expert: Avice spent years studying to be a doctor and honing her skill. She attended a university in Aurum in the Surgeon canton, so she received the best medical education possible. She is quick to assess a patient and even quicker to start cutting into them (if needed).

Highly Intelligent: Before she realized that her destiny was to be a doctor, Avice wanted to be an ambassador and learned several languages. In addition to this, Avice can store a lot of information in that big brain of hers and recall it at any moment. (This also means she doesn't forget if you wronged her.)

Educator: Avice believes that knowledge is the key to success and does not hesitate to each others what she knows. She is especially good at instructing children.

Combat: Avice would be a very poor excuse for a pirate if she couldn't fight! Upon joining the ranks of the Butcher's crew, Avice was taught how to wield a sword and brawl. She isn't the best, but she's still learning.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
The world maps in the OP have been revised!
  • Renamed nations and added names to capital cities.
  • Connected the lake in Aurum to the two bodies of water to the west and south, per request from @unanun.
  • Cleaned up some borders where in the previous version sometimes some nation colors would unintentionally "bleed" into neighboring territories.
Because of clutter issues, I will probably NOT add landmark names even though I really wish I could.

Also @Mundane Monster I'm pretty sure you knew this already but Avice is approved. ^^

• Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster
[fieldbox="Rogvar Wulfsson, #436c84, solid, 5, Trebuchet MS"]
Name: Rogvar Wulfsson

Formal Title: Chosen Warrior of the Wulfsson Clan

Five Words That Describe Your Character: Willful. Fierce. Indomitable. Dauntless. Intense.

Notable Skills:

Berserker - His combat style is wild and brutal, heavily dependent on momentum rather than precise strikes.

Nose for Plunder - After more than his fair share of successful raids, he has become quite proficient at finding where all the goodies are hidden.

Intimidating Presence - Just one glance from Rogvar would have most men running for the hills. Particularly useful for extracting information from would-be interogatees.

Terrain Traversal - Within a culture focused heavily on war and warlike activities, one must adapt to all types of terrain lest he be disadvantaged on certain fields of battle.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Nation 5 - Felskarr, #436c84, solid, 5, Trebuchet MS"]

Nation Number and Name: #5 Felskarr

Capital City: Khronenburg

System of Government: Tribal Kraterocracy. It's a bit of a stretch to call this loose alliance of rival clans a 'government', as it's only a few steps away from pure anarchy. While they have a king, the position is chosen entirely by whoever was strong enough to kill the previous king and take his throne. As a result, the leadership of the nation is a constantly fluctuating situation, which makes diplomatic relations difficult. The last king may have had an agreement to trade pelts, but the new king who just axed the last guy might not want to honor it.

While the separate clans claim their own lands in the territory, their borders are ill-defined, and it's not uncommon for two clans to engage in conflict over hunting rights and the like. Such infighting is not discouraged by the king, however; if anything it is encouraged, as it gives warriors a chance to sharpen their instincts, and those who die were likely weak and deserved to anyway.

The current king, Krogvir Wulfsson has held the throne for many decades now. The seasoned warrior is both feared and respected by the various clan leaders, who've looked to other contenders in the past and found their odds wanting.

Basic Terrain and Weather: A primarily mountainous region, with fertile plains few and far between, but for the clans that actually sow the land the growing season is quite short. There are several large bodies of water scattered about the area, though most are covered in ice during every season but summer. The largest of these bodies of water stands between Felskarr and Praxus, but the Felskarran people consider it to be theirs. The region's weather is cold and snowy year round, with winters being especially harsh.

Trade Specialization: Felskarr's primary exports are furs, meat and fish. They also trade livestock including Oxen and goats, but tend to rarely part with quality beasts in favor of keeping them for themselves. During their brief growing periods, they may also trade limited amounts of crops such as potatoes and beets. In general they prefer to hoard their harvests, however.

A few of the more enterprising clans have set up small scale mining operations, utilizing prisoners abducted in raids as slave labor to excavate and extract the materials needed to forge their crude weapons and armor. Some even trade the slaves themselves, though most can't be bothered to look after those they consider to be weaklings.

Notable or Interesting Facts: Trade with Felskarr is only as reliable as the individual clans allow. Shifts in leadership among those clans also factor into this.

Some clans have trained local wildlife to act as mounts, beasts of burden and attack animals. The Wulffson clan in particular are known for their armored war-beasts. Beware the battle-moose.

Felskarr begrudgingly accepted the Unity, as they faced total annihilation from the the newly formed alliance otherwise. While the agreement keeps them from declaring full scale war on other countries, the barbarians are always poking at boundaries, raiding settlements of lesser importance that sit at the edge of other territories.

While they don't have jobs in the classical sense, the Felskarran clans designate individuals for specific tasks based on their strengths. Rogvar, for example, is a Slayer-of-Men, meaning it's his job to lead raiding parties into battle and kill as many foes as possible, but also to protect the clan's peoples and holdings from bandits and/or rival groups. Other roles include things such as Hunter-of-Beasts, Cutter-of-Trees, Breaker-of-Stones, Shaper-of-Metals and so on.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Bailer Jarlsson, #850808, solid, 5, Trebuchet MS"]
Name: Bailer Jarlsson

Formal Title: Sergeant-at-Shield

Nationality: North Amberholm

Appearance: Thanks to Amberhall apothecaries, his eye has healed up quite nicely in his time off the northern front.

Five Words That Describe Your Character:
Magnetic
Adaptable
Competitive
Duty-bound
Prejudiced

Notable Skills:

Lock shield! - Bailer is a stone of a man, and makes an invaluable asset to any Felk-slaughtering testudo. He seldom gives ground in a fight or a conversation.

Tracker - In spite of their odor, Felk raiders are nearly impossible to trail. Bailer and his men have at least managed some success at the art, and their efforts have been invaluable to staying a step ahead of the northern threat.

Brotherhood - Anyone who has served beside Bailer knows that his loyalty to them is unshakable. Hushed stories of his life in the north have even reached the enlisted ranks of the Amberhall Watch, and few men feel worried for having him at their side.

Athlete - Javelin toss, sprints, log throws, and every other manner of games that get testosterone raging and prides ruffled, Bailer seems to be the edged favorite. It has been key to garnering the respect of his fellow warriors.
[/fieldbox]

Hey guys, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to quit the RP. I only posted once so hopefully I didn't cause too much of a hassle. Have fun with the RP :) !

Status
Not open for further replies.