Iskiela: Unity [Signups / OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Akashi, @Mglo juuuust nabbed Nation 3!

4, 7, and 8 are still open, as well as the Steward/Stewardess of Amberholm (think more or less Maester if you're familiar with Game of Thrones), as well as a villain.

If you (or anyone) want a villain role, PM me please!

@Akashi, @Mglo juuuust nabbed Nation 3!

4, 7, and 8 are still open, as well as the Steward/Stewardess of Amberholm (think more or less Maester if you're familiar with Game of Thrones), as well as a villain.

If you (or anyone) want a villain role, PM me please!
I'd go for seven. And what villain role? I am interested, but I'd like to know what it's about first.

Hiya! Thanks for the PM. Can I be a villain? <3 That's more my style.

Y'know what, I'm still good with it.

Maria_zpsjtmzldli.jpg
Name: Maria Broekhart
Appearance: See above. Colours as follows: Blonde hair, light green eyes, pale skin tone. Usually quite clean, sometimes seen dusted in flour after time in the kitchen.
Formal Title: N/A
Five Words That Describe Your Character: Caring. Clumsy. Quiet. Awkward. Musical.
Notable Skills: Puppy-dog eyes: When you're a clumsy servant you need something to convince your employers into keeping you around after dropping another dish…
Soft hands: Generally good at delivering physical touch when appropriate. Useful if you're ever asked to help your boss dress, or if you have to help them wash their hair.
Siren-like singing: You need to do something to keep yourself happy while you work! Maria's been singing all her life, and it's quite a sweet thing to hear.

Reactions: fatalrendezvous
I've settled on some ideas I was working in my head, Fatal, so decided to post up what I could type up for now as a bare-bones draft before I get the rest up.

• Nation: 4 - Dythmere Aerclyn
    Capital City: Port Neworth
    System of Government: Theocracratic Monarchy

The Dythmerian Empire is comprised of two key elements: the royal line and the ecclesiastic order. The Holy Emperor, while seen as largely infallible and with absolute power, is beholden to the orthodoxy of the church. While there are a few instances in history where the church has intervened in the affairs of the country to openly denounce one of its emperors and make a formal request that they step down in power, it is largely held that the reigning emperor rules through divine right and that their will is that of the Gods. Power passes along, traditionally, to the oldest first-borne heir unless the heir is deemed unfit to rule, in which it passes to the next in line by order of descendence and then age.

While the Holy Emperor is in control of the country, they are in check to the Ecclesia. The Ecclesiastic council is comprised of 13 representative members (Arbite Ecclesia) that preside of a corresponding region. Historically, the Crown Prince(ss) manages the 13th district, Port Neworth, until their official coronation. The Council of 13 are nominated forth from the ranks of the church by the Holy Emperor and their position solidified by a 1/2 approval of the existing council.

Basic Terrain and Weather: Dythmere Aerclyn possesses a climate characterized by dry summers and mild, moist winters. The dominant characteristics of its lands are expansive shrublands and brushlands with smatterings of evergreen woodlands and a subtropical region along the southeast sea region. The most expansive woodlands (to the north) is a largely boreal Forest microclimate with a unique pressure zone which manages to often leave the area shrouded in fog, earning the area the title of "The Baelmyst Forest."

Trade Specialization: Trade in Dythmere Aerclyn is largely built around luxury goods. Their primary exports are various fine textiles (especially silks), dyes, spices, incenses, wines and jewelry.

Notable or Interesting Facts: Dythmere Aerclyn boasts the title of "The Holy Empire." It is a foundation of their social structure, laws and culture. The prevailing faith of the land is polytheistic; boasting an expansive pantheon of deities. While the idea that the Imperial line is one borne of the gods has faded over time, it is still a favoured belief that the Holy Emperor is an intermediary of the will of the gods, leading the religion and nation.

More self-reliant and rural communities encapsulated by the Baelmyst Forest are a superstitious lot. Locals pass down to each generation fairy tales through a prolific oral tradition. Community and hospitality are strongly held values of this region.

Although less extravagant, due to their close proximity to a number of seas and rather central location to a number of the nations, they possess a number of prominent trade routes through their land and an exemplary naval history. Fishing is a major steeple of the economic infrastructure and resources.
    Anything Else:
  • Name: Merle Fletcher
    Formal Title: Primarch, Arbite of Port Neworth, Crown Prince, Heir of Dythmere Aerclyn
    Traits:
    - Vindictive
    - Fickle
    = Curious
    + Amiable
    + Scholarly
    Notable Skills
    :
    • They Call Me Prince Charming: Merle has an easy-going charm that people tend to appreciate. In general, he seems easy enough to approach and talk to and, often enough, divulge in.
    • I Read That Somewhere: He's quite the erudite sort and has spent a great deal of time with his nose in some book or another or under the tutelage of somebody. He's acquired a rather expansive bounty of knowledge, rather something as important and immersive as an in-depth examination of the history of the Ecclesia and its notable philosophers or as trivial as the origin of the cobblestones paving the streets of Port Neworth.
    • Hey, Look At This!: He really is quite the showman and enjoys being the center of attention... In fact, he's picked up a couple talents along the way to catch everyone's eyes, such as a few small genuine magic tricks.
    • I've Got Just The Thing: No, really... He does. Merle is the definition of 'prepared.' He has a number of objects in his bag and on his person that he keeps with him... just in case. It seems that whatever the situation and however unorthodox, he just reaches into his bag and conjures what's needed.

• Name: Dianth Vexel
    Nationality: Dythmerian
    Formal Title: Preceptor
    Traits:
    - Sarcastic
    - Stubborn
    = Fair
    + Poised
    + Compassionate
    Notable Skills:
    +
    +
    +
    +

Last edited:
Settled - @Drifter is on Nation 8 and @Snowball is on Nation 4!

With that, all Heir spots are currently taken. Players are still welcome to play as non-Heir characters from any Nation!

Some ideas:
  • Travel companions for Heirs (friends, advisors, bodyguards, etc.). Heirs being sent for the Unification are not likely to be traveling alone, after all!
  • Flavor characters to help breathe life into Amberholm, since that is where most of the early parts of the RP will take place - servants, guards, scholars, townsfolk, anything.
  • Travelers passing through and/or coming specifically to see the Unification.
  • Anything else you feel might add to the RP! I will find a way to work you in.

• Love
Reactions: Shayla and Justin
@fatalrendezvous - I may have a few more people willing to take up those kinds of roles or any. Will tag a few in a bit and send them your way!^^

• Thank You
Heya Fatal, I might be interested in making a character for this. You mentioned needing more flavor characters, does Amberholm* have some kinda police force? I wouldn't mind playing a "captain of the guard" type character if that's the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heya Fatal, I might be interested in making a character for this. You mentioned needing more flavor characters, does Amberhold have some kinda police force? I wouldn't mind playing a "captain of the guard" type character if that's the case.
I would love a guard captain for Amberholm! Yeah, go ahead and submit a character (obv no need to submit a nation) and we'll get you added in. ^^

Reactions: Voices of Nerat
Nation One will hopefully be up and done this weekend^^

[fieldbox="Elias Varden, gray, solid, 5, Tahoma"]
Name: Elias Varden

Appearance: (As shown, though when on duty he's likely to be donning a set of armor)

Nationality: Amberholm

Formal Title: None (was once unofficially known as 'The Jackal')

Five Words That Describe Your Character: Sensible. Collected. Disciplined. Canny. Vigilant.

Notable Skills:

[BCOLOR=#000000]Combat Fundamentals[/BCOLOR] - While no legendary warrior, Elias is proficient enough with a blade to hold his own in combat. As all guardsmen are trained, he's learned to wield a variety of martial weapons at an acceptable level of skill.

Ear to The Ground - Years of experience as a watchman have taught him how to get a finger on the pulse of the civilian population, to recognize discontent among the citizenry and find ways to address their concerns if possible.

Reformed Lawbreaker - The captain has a particularly keen insight into the world of criminality, having been one himself (a petty thief) many, many years ago.

Measured Diplomacy - Elias will do his best to end any dispute peacefully, whether it's between some crazy old cat lady and her imaginary friend, or two rival mercenary gangs quarreling over contracts.

[/fieldbox]

Aaaand done! Lemme know if I need to change anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Voices of Nerat I already mentioned this to you over Skype, but figured I'd make it official. Character accepted!

• Thank You
Reactions: Voices of Nerat
If anyone is interested in playing a sort of Maester, secretaryish, assistantish character, I would love to have someone fill in as the Steward/Stewardess of Amberholm!

I can write it if I need to, but I would much rather have someone else take the character! The Steward will be an important role, helping me (as a GM, not as a character) to orchestrate things with some behind-the-scenes workings and things.

It may be a sort of co-GM type position, but it doesn't necessarily have to be.

Anyone already in is welcome to play the Steward if you like, or feel free to invite a friend! Let me know! ^^

DONE!

Let me know if there needs reworking/clarification. I haven't actually given it a proper read through so there might be some of that need. I'll check it out later for minor mistakes, but do let me know what needs major fixing.

[fieldbox="Uldred Falkenrath, darkred, solid, 5, Tahoma"]
Name: Uldred Falkenrath

Occupation: Merchant [Furs, boots, coats, various illegal miscellaneous goods]

Appearance: As shown, generally dressed in some manner of fine garment, the fancier the better

Nationality: Amberholm

Formal Title: None [Prefers to be addressed as Lord Falkenrath, but is most definitely not an actual Lord]

Five Words That Describe Your Character: Ambitious. Hedonistic. Authoritative. Vain. Exploitative.

Notable Skills:

Well Connected - If there's something he needs, chances are he's got a guy for that. He's made several valuable allies over the time that he has been in business, as well as a few prior.

Hiding in Plain Sight - It's no secret that he operates outside of the law, but one would be hard pressed to present evidence of his wrong-doings. Oftentimes incriminating documents disappear, ledgers clean themselves up and witnesses find themselves hazy on too many details to properly describe events that transpired.

Point and Shoot - He's no expert marksman, but he is a decent shot with his hand-held crossbow. If his target is still or running in a straight line, he's probably going to find his mark, provided it's not too far away for his projectiles to reach. [He owns a full-sized crossbow as well, but generally only makes use of it when hunting for sport]

Got the Dirt - If someone influential has a dark secret, he probably knows all about it. If not, he has ways of obtaining such unfortunate information for later use.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
@Mglo, Jorgen needs one more word that describes him! Assuming that final word is not something ridiculously off the wall, character (and nation) accepted!

@LVL1337N00B character tentatively accepted pending last two notable skills.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.