@Squee I can have my new char be the boatswain.

Well for whats happened: Sanctus would be NPC as you said and then Arwen's character would simply be left at the house. Not wanting to be around the crazy Klein she wouldnt join the crew.

I dont know about anything else though. I think quake was still in the bar

BDACB

Jasper and Keryth decide to act on their secret love and buy a tidy little house in the city and adopt a bajillion babbies. I'm sure I've got plenty more low calibre write outs if I think about it

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Jasper and Keryth decide to act on their secret love and buy a tidy little house in the city and adopt a bajillion babbies. I'm sure I've got plenty more low calibre write outs if I think about it
Oh myyyyyy

:'D

Despite how silly it is, I like Appolo's idea. Gives the crew something to joke about and maybe reference in some situations.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo and Greenie
If I counted I'd probably have enough rainbows to fill the tubs and sinks in my house.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo and Greenie
:'D

I assure you they're all sincere

• Love
Reactions: ShiroKiyoshi
MOAR ASSASSINS!

(lol read the side note in character creation)

I'm gonna make that doctor and if no one takes the spot by the time we start moving I'll assume the role with it.

Hmm my new char is more a monster hunter :D

Here is my char, Nevin. If anything needs to be added or changed, please tell. ^_^

Name: Nevin Nakar

Race: Human (with a tinge of Berserker blood in his veins)

Position: Boatswain

Your wish:
To have a family once more.

Yw1U3bgBT4Ar_lhMjqncgKVXJ63WsnTeMmB2P9T9HDmpBZDT6BHQFYSemBHjdKd4JjcA4RrQ89EugZ7DRzUGDlblIyxGXidUy769naPgEwcoxl5_NumKvkb9jfl1EEzOjqlNkWJI
Appearance:

Nevin is about 6 feet tall and weighs approximately 210 lbs. His black hair is a little on the long side, touching his shoulders and sometimes even edging lower than that. He usually keeps it pushed back and away from his face, sometimes even partially tying it back. His eyes can be rather piercing, a light grey in colour, set deep under a strong brow and thick dark eyebrows.

He has an assortment of scars, most notably on his face from a monster that attacked him as a child. There are more on his chest and back, but they're usually covered with his loose beige shirt. He wears dark brown trousers, tightened with a black leather belt, and a pair of brown leather boots.

Personality: Nevin's a calm and friendly person, more prone to smiling and laughing than putting up a sulky, angry face. If he likes a person, he'll be friendly with them, he will help them out, he'll have their back. He may tease them off and on, play jokes and pranks on them, but ultimately the most he will do is annoy them.

However, if someone manages to find their way in his bad books, he will make sure that person knows it very well. He will be unfriendly, snarky, untrusting, and basically a pain in their behinds. Woe upon them if they emotionally or physically hurt someone he cares for as well.

Along with the above, whilst Nevin is a crass sort of fellow, he does have the sense to take in the situations he finds himself in. For example, he will not pull a lewd joke at a funeral. He is also a little vain, likes to visit ladies while on land, and can be a heavy drinker. The latter is usually under control, except when he's depressed. Then Nevin ends up drunk as a skunk.

Weapon(s): Five and a half long bow and arrows.

A 12 inch dirk for close combat.

Magic: Nevin doesn't have any magic per say, but he does seem to be able to handle the elements with a little more ease that a human normally would. He is so quite hard and resistant to sicknesses and diseases. This could be due to the hint of Berserker blood flowing through his veins.

Skills: As a hunter, Nevin is a good tracker, able to follow his prey on land. He navigates well on both land and sea, able to to read the stars with ease.

He is quite the marksman and is a great shot with his bow, having used it since he was a child.

Nevin's always been something of a charmer with a silvertongue. He is rather skillful when trying to convince people, chatting with unruly folk, at bargaining, or even charming ladies. He uses this to make himself sound intimidating as well.

History: Nevin was the second son born to a rather normal couple. His mother was completely human, though the father seemed to have some Berserker blood within his veins. They lived in a small remote town between Vardesa, Valhalla and the Begix Territory. His parents had originally been from Vardesa, on the outskirts of Rothendust, but decided to move away from there. Nevin never really found out why, nor did he care much about it either.

He and his brother Ian would often play in the hill near their secluded home, and it wasn't uncommon for them to stay out for hours at times. The two brothers were rather close, only two years apart, Nevin being the younger of the two siblings. It was during a play day like this when tragedy struck the Nakar house. While it wasn't uncommon for monsters to occasionally attack, Nevin's parents had been caught off guard. In their hurry to find and protect their sons, they made themselves unknowingly vulnerable to a grade 3 monster, and were rather brutally killed. When Nevin and Ian finally returned home, they found themselves staring at the grisly sight of their dead parents being feasted on.

Whether it was coincidence or fate, the two brothers were saved by a group of passing monster hunters, who had been on the trail of this monster, but unfortunately had not been able to hunt the creature down until after the tragedy. Nevin and Ian took their loss badly, though in different manners. While Nevin became angry and violent, Ian became broody and quiet. The monster hunters had decided to take the two under their wing. With Nevin, they could curb his feelings into training, which they did. Ian, however, had no interest in hunting. In fact, he wanted nothing to do with the monsters. The only reason he remained with the group was because he had nowhere else to go. However, when the group headed into Rothendust, a good three years after saving the two brothers, Ian came across a group of Kindred who worked with medicine. He felt this was his calling, and as painful as it was, the two brothers parted ways.

Nevin was sixteen years old when he finally broke away from his first group of hunters. He was still quite fond of them, but he wanted to experience more than what they offered. He began to frequent taverns and bars, picking up marks and making coin with the bounty. He eventually put together a small group, as going after larger monsters as well as groups of unsavoury people was much easier when there was more than one person to help. Life, it seemed, was quite fortuitous for Nevin at the time. Not only did he have friends and money, he found a liking for various drinks as well as various ladies.

He continued on this path of life for a while, not quite seeing any reason to stop. That is, until he met a rather beautiful girl named Miranda. With her flaming red hair and tantalizing green eyes, it was rather hard to stop himself from being swept into her bed and schemes. However, what poor Nevin didn't seem to realize was that she hadn't been after a single night or two. She was rather obsessive and dangerous, stalking after him from city to city, and ultimately turning his life into a nightmare. He couldn't look at another lady, or even a man for that matter, without a scene from her.

There was no escape for poor Nevin, at least not until he one day snuck onboard a ship and hid in the hold. The captain and crew were less than pleased when they discovered the young man and would have probably thrown him overboard if it hadn't been for the way he was talented with his bow. In fact, that was the way he was discovered. Nevin would have stayed hidden in the hold if it hadn't been for a pirate raid. He had no choice but to defend himself when caught. From there he had headed up on deck, shooting down the invading pirates with his bow.

He didn't stay long on that ship, knowing a stink eye when he saw one. Returning to land was an option, seeing he was far from Miranda. However, the siren call of the sea sang to him and lured him back. He hopped from ship to ship, learning the ropes, aiding when he could, whether in maintaining the ship, or shooting down intruders and monsters. He had always been sharp, even though he didn't try to flaunt that fact before others. He was strong and likeable, so there was no reason for any crew to get rid of him.

He joined the Daydream Raiders when he was around twenty-four years of age. It was something of an impulse, as well as the fact that the crew consisted of not just crusty men, but lovely ladies as well. He learned the hard way that not all ladies wanted him like Miranda, but that was actually something that attracted him to staying on the crew. There was something here that lacked in his other groups, a sense of family. That or the ladies. Either way, Nevin decided this was where he would stay for a while, and four years later, he was still a hardworking member of the crew.

I agree to the rules my captain has set forth.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo
Here is my char, Nevin. If anything needs to be added or changed, please tell. ^_^

[spoili]

Name: Nevin Nakar

Race: Human (with a tinge of Berserker blood in his veins)

Position: TBA (Boatswain?)

Your wish:
To have a family once more.

Yw1U3bgBT4Ar_lhMjqncgKVXJ63WsnTeMmB2P9T9HDmpBZDT6BHQFYSemBHjdKd4JjcA4RrQ89EugZ7DRzUGDlblIyxGXidUy769naPgEwcoxl5_NumKvkb9jfl1EEzOjqlNkWJI
Appearance:

Nevin is about 6 feet tall and weighs approximately 210 lbs. His black hair is a little on the long side, touching his shoulders and sometimes even edging lower than that. He usually keeps it pushed back and away from his face, sometimes even partially tying it back. His eyes can be rather piercing, a light grey in colour, set deep under a strong brow and thick dark eyebrows.

He has an assortment of scars, most notably on his face from a monster that attacked him as a child. There are more on his chest and back, but they're usually covered with his loose beige shirt. He wears dark brown trousers, tightened with a black leather belt, and a pair of brown leather boots.

Personality: Nevin's a calm and friendly person, more prone to smiling and laughing than putting up a sulky, angry face. If he likes a person, he'll be friendly with them, he will help them out, he'll have their back. He may tease them off and on, play jokes and pranks on them, but ultimately the most he will do is annoy them.

However, if someone manages to find their way in his bad books, he will make sure that person knows it very well. He will be unfriendly, snarky, untrusting, and basically a pain in their behinds. Woe upon them if they emotionally or physically hurt someone he cares for as well.

Along with the above, whilst Nevin is a crass sort of fellow, he does have the sense to take in the situations he finds himself in. For example, he will not pull a lewd joke at a funeral. He is also a little vain, likes to visit ladies while on land, and can be a heavy drinker. The latter is usually under control, except when he's depressed. Then Nevin ends up drunk as a skunk.

Weapon(s): Five and a half long bow and arrows.

A 12 inch dirk for close combat.

Magic: Nevin doesn't have any magic per say, but he does seem to be able to handle the elements with a little more ease that a human normally would. This could be due to the hint of Berserker blood flowing through his veins.

Skills: As a hunter, Nevin is a good tracker, able to follow his prey on land. He navigates well on both land and sea, able to to read the stars with ease.

He is quite the marksman and is a great shot with his bow, having used it since he was a child.

Nevin's always been something of a charmer with a silvertongue. He is rather skillful when trying to convince people, chatting with unruly folk, at bargaining, or even charming ladies. He uses this to make himself sound intimidating as well.

History: Nevin was the second son born to a rather normal couple. His mother was completely human, though the father seemed to have some Berserker blood within his veins. They lived in a small remote town between Vardesa, Valhalla and the Begix Territory. His parents had originally been from Vardesa, on the outskirts of Rothendust, but decided to move away from there. Nevin never really found out why, nor did he care much about it either.

He and his brother Ian would often play in the hill near their secluded home, and it wasn't uncommon for them to stay out for hours at times. The two brothers were rather close, only two years apart, Nevin being the younger of the two siblings. It was during a play day like this when tragedy struck the Nakar house. While it wasn't uncommon for monsters to occasionally attack, Nevin's parents had been caught off guard. In their hurry to find and protect their sons, they made themselves unknowingly vulnerable to a grade 3 monster, and were rather brutally killed. When Nevin and Ian finally returned home, they found themselves staring at the grisly sight of their dead parents being feasted on.

Whether it was coincidence or fate, the two brothers were saved by a group of passing monster hunters, who had been on the trail of this monster, but unfortunately had not been able to hunt the creature down until after the tragedy. Nevin and Ian took their loss badly, though in different manners. While Nevin became angry and violent, Ian became broody and quiet. The monster hunters had decided to take the two under their wing. With Nevin, they could curb his feelings into training, which they did. Ian, however, had no interest in hunting. In fact, he wanted nothing to do with the monsters. The only reason he remained with the group was because he had nowhere else to go. However, when the group headed into Rothendust, a good three years after saving the two brothers, Ian came across a group of Kindred who worked with medicine. He felt this was his calling, and as painful as it was, the two brothers parted ways.

Nevin was sixteen years old when he finally broke away from his first group of hunters. He was still quite fond of them, but he wanted to experience more than what they offered. He began to frequent taverns and bars, picking up marks and making coin with the bounty. He eventually put together a small group, as going after larger monsters as well as groups of unsavoury people was much easier when there was more than one person to help. Life, it seemed, was quite fortuitous for Nevin at the time. Not only did he have friends and money, he found a liking for various drinks as well as various ladies.

He continued on this path of life for a while, not quite seeing any reason to stop. That is, until he met a rather beautiful girl named Miranda. With her flaming red hair and tantalizing green eyes, it was rather hard to stop himself from being swept into her bed and schemes. However, what poor Nevin didn't seem to realize was that she hadn't been after a single night or two. She was rather obsessive and dangerous, stalking after him from city to city, and ultimately turning his life into a nightmare. He couldn't look at another lady, or even a man for that matter, without a scene from her.

There was no escape for poor Nevin, at least not until he one day snuck onboard a ship and hid in the hold. The captain and crew were less than pleased when they discovered the young man and would have probably thrown him overboard if it hadn't been for the way he was talented with his bow. In fact, that was the way he was discovered. Nevin would have stayed hidden in the hold if it hadn't been for a pirate raid. He had no choice but to defend himself when caught. From there he had headed up on deck, shooting down the invading pirates with his bow.

He didn't stay long on that ship, knowing a stink eye when he saw one. Returning to land was an option, seeing he was far from Miranda. However, the siren call of the sea sang to him and lured him back. He hopped from ship to ship, learning the ropes, aiding when he could, whether in maintaining the ship, or shooting down intruders and monsters. He had always been sharp, even though he didn't try to flaunt that fact before others. He was strong and likeable, so there was no reason for any crew to get rid of him.

He joined the Daydream Raiders when he was around twenty-four years of age. It was something of an impulse, as well as the fact that the crew consisted of not just crusty men, but lovely ladies as well. He learned the hard way that not all ladies wanted him like Miranda, but that was actually something that attracted him to staying on the crew. There was something here that lacked in his other groups, a sense of family. That or the ladies. Either way, Nevin decided this was where he would stay for a while, and four years later, he was still a hardworking member of the crew.

I agree to the rules my captain has set forth.

[/spoili]

I love the weapon choices Greenie

• Love
Reactions: Applo
Okay, of the two I have made, who is your favorite?

Klein or Jessica.

Name: Jessica Yun
Gander: Female
Race: Human Elf
Position: Doctor
Your wish: To heal the wounds of others that medicine cannot reach.
Appearance:
Jessica.jpg
Height: 6'1''
Body Type: Low fat and medium to high muscle. Body is thicker than shown while still being delicate enough to conduct rudimentary surgery. She is pretty even throughout in terms of proportion and heavy than her looks let on.
Notable Marks: None.
Apparel not in the picture: Ignore the blade. Pay attention to her left hand, the bracer is different than her right.

Personality: Jessica is a down-to-earth and quick-witted spirit. She doesn't take people's shit often, but that's not to say she doesn't listen to someone's problems. In fact, she is often an excellent person to speak to when feeling down, but if all your gonna give her is a bunch of anger and yelling, she will quickly show you what for. To most strangers Jessica seems like a calm woman, who just goes about her business, but to her friends she is an easily annoyed lady who knows what she wants.

But, this woman does have a soft side, she likes things and dislikes things just like any human being. An odd thing she has grown a liking to, due to her experience, is the orange, a fruit said to keep away scurvy and singing, as a lot of boats she has been have taken a liking to it to pass time. Something that she dislikes would be being rushed or put upon, lied to, and mint, she hates mint.

Weapon(s):
A hunting knife made by her brother. it is 5 inches long and an inch wide. The grip is leather and has a dandy trinket hanging off of it that is the symbol of his boat.

A sword given to her by her jealous older brother. After seeing what the younger one had given her he gave her this masterpiece. It is not a Leon original, but it's expensive and well-crafted. A 27 inch long and 1 inch wide blade styled like a taotie jian longsword.

Magic:
Healing Magic: Flesh Wounds
Small wounds are easily healed by touch and medicine. Jessica applies a special elixir to the wounds and then the simple touch of Jessica's hand will heal most cuts, scrapes, and bruises overnight. Anything beyond that, is beyond her magical ability.

Telekinesis: True Weight
Jessica can lift things through telekenetic magic, but everything she lifts puts a strain on her equal to lifting it herself. Therefore she could not whisk a man like Saethos into the air, for she could probably barely lift him by herself. However, she could shoot a needle across a room without effort. In the case of multiple objects, the rules do not change, their weight is cumulative. This ability's range is also limited to the size of a large skiff.

Skills:
  • She punches the shit out of people. She's deceptively strong after having to restrain criminals and stupid fisherman she had to work on by herself, trying to save their lives, while they tried to take hers due to the sheer pain of some operations.
  • She is an excellent doctor on both the magical and medicinal side. She has knowledge of herbs, anatomy of the body, diseases, and can pick up tell-tale signs of sickness. In addition she also knows surgery and can heal through her magic.
  • She has contacts all over and her name precedes her. The Sage's name holds power in a lot of situations.
History:
[0-10]
There is not a man harder to understand than Jessica's father. He loved women, of all races, he accepted all cultures, but what he wanted, I don't whether to call it twisted or crazy. Jessica's father was a pure human man, driven by lust, but a lust to mate with each species and so he did (each one he could mate with that is). He managed to pull a berserker, the dragoons didn't scare him away, the elves were child's play, and of course, his own species, the humans. Jessica was the one born from the easiest of his scores. She was born a half-elf, the middle child among a dragoon elder brother, and berserker kid brother. Fights were not fun to get into and often led to the brothers getting injured. Jessica tended to their wounds often and habit turned into a hobby. Jessica's desires were funded by the siblings' many mothers who did not want to deal with their father, but wished the best for their children.

[11-15]
Jessica's brothers were her main source of inspiration, their violent natures only grew as the grew older, even to the point of messing with the wrong crowd. This is when her older brother Leon found the underground as a safe haven to show off his brute strength and her younger brother found joy in apprenticing as a fisherman. While they went off discovering themselves, Jessica took some time to do the same and met the love of her life, Kyon. He was an elf and fluent in mystical arts, but Jessica only seemed to notice his face, ears, body, sometimes dropping even lower. Though, eventually his words reached her ears and Jessica decided to dabble in magic in order to catch his attention.

[16-18]
For the majority of her life, Jessica's father was rather passive and just observant of his children. It was rare to see him command them to do anything other than not kill each other or break something. But, when Jessica met Kyon, her father got super involved out of nowhere. He would ask about him and, as awkward as it was, she would talk, the boys took no offense to this, they did not want to explain their days to their father if he was all of a sudden deciding to be fatherly. Eventually, the father confessed his reasoning for the children's diversity. Lucky for him, he was generally a good guy and the children just took it as weird, after they had gotten over how disgusting it was. Jessica then understood his worries and told Kyon she wouldn't go passed a kiss until she was married.

[19-23]
Jessica became more involved in her studies in medicine and started at a nearby clinic to learn from a professional. Kyon became lonely and found work with her younger brother, Gary. This worked out for Jessica because she had no free time, she had become consumed by work, people would come from the port and she'd have to patch them up, but what really screwed her over was her older brother. After saving his life, he mentioned her name a few times, and now Jessica was also patching up her brother's fellow criminals. All hours of the day people would knock on the door to her home or clinic and she and her master would goto work. The tricks she had learned from Kyon made this process go by much smoother. Eventually the girl got sick of it and assigned hours that favors could be asked of her outside of work. Only one group ever dared try and test her, she and her brother made short work of them, and from then on everyone obeyed her hours, even if they were missing a limb.

[24-27]
After sorting out work Jessica started to talk to Kyon much more often and their relationship soared. She told him about her crazy patients and he told her about his adventures with her brother. They soon became married and started living in their own home. During this time in her life Jessica experienced many things; She met her mother for the first time, made a name for herself in both society and the underground world as a sage, scoodly-wooped with Kyon, and watched Kyon go off on a trip with her brother and neither return ever again. She later got a letter saying that the two had found love. It was a wonderful time to be alive. She held no grudge against her brother or Kyon, she wouldn't waste the energy, instead she stayed home and worked with her elder brother's criminals.

[28-30]
Jessica spent a lot of time with her brother and eventually she had figured out how the whole underground scene worked for her. And it brought in quite a bit of revenue, so she asked to train with her brother so that she could handle herself around these brutes, he agreed with no questions asked. So, during their free time the brother and sister bonded through exercise and during her work the sister would have no end of bodies to deal with. As far as that training went, neither had any formal training with a sword, but she boxed with him a lot and often had to fix herself for a change.

[31]
Jessica wanted more out of life than fixing criminals so she kissed her bother and father goodbye, sent a letter on a ship headed to her brother Gary's new home, and set out to find her calling in life. She found herself getting passage across the waters through her skill, eventually ending up in Rothendust where a crew seemed to be in need of a doctor.

Last edited:
Well I know who Nevin would like better :P

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: ShiroKiyoshi
Comma placement is important.

An odd thing she has grown a liking to, due to her experience, is the orange, a fruit said to keep away scurvy and singing, as a lot of boats she has been have taken a liking to it to pass time.

An odd thing she has grown a liking to, due to her experience, is the orange, a fruit said to keep away scurvy, and singing as a lot of boats she has been have taken a liking to it to pass time.

• Nice Execution!
Oh gosh XD that made me laugh out loud.

Hehe I do have a new character, but it depend whether there's still a mandatory position to be filled.

• Bucket of Rainbows
The last spot was Arwen's carpenter.

The last spot was Arwen's carpenter.
No need to replace that slot, Carpenters, while important, weren't like...super important. Very low rank and we can easily move on without filling it.

I will read those 2 bios later, I am going to work soonish and won't be home until Sunday night.

Man whatever happened with the RTE really made my posts messy but now they are all pretty again. Also I know I sometimes work odd hours but not going home between shifts is a level up from that.

• Bucket of Rainbows