• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
6a51dce93393efd6facd3b3e2bcdab99.jpg

Name:
Alerio Vulnus

Gander:
Male

Race:
Human

Position:
Captain

Your wish:
To make everything right.

Appearance:
a50e80ec86fc1e586bda20768250077e.jpg

Alerio stands at 6'1 and weighs roughly 195 lbs.
The captain is known for his black and crimson motif. Adorning his shoulders is a ebony cape, the underside being a crimson velvet material. A fitted leather tunic covers his chest, in the front is the old skull and bones known as the universal symbol of danger on the high seas. Across his waist are brown belts to keep his gun close and black leather pants up. Those pants are tucked into black boots.

Aside from his outfit Captain Alerio is known for his unsightly scar running down his face, and the black eye patch that hides the rest of the damage. His hair is messy, deep brown at a medium length. Skin tone is sunkissed, slightly bronzed. His one good eye is a golden amber hue.

Personality:
When most see Alerio they sense an air of dread, his gaze is stern and unwavering. At first glance most would believe the man to be stoic, nothing but business personified. Though they would not know Captain Alerio well. In spite of his dark and fearsome appearance the Captain has proven to be quite a mellow fellow. Highly intelligent, charismatic and always adaptable to any situation thrust upon he and his crew, Alerio has been known to get out of very sticky situations before... Almost all of the time. Alerio has a silver tongue, and much rather talk his way out of a situation then fight his way out... Of course he leaves most of the fighting to Saethos.

For those who know the captain more intimately they will see his much more human side. In spite of his pirate background, he is relatively kind, warm and caring even. He will take the time to listen to his crew's qualms, and will make his best effort to rectify any complaints.

Weapon(s):

-Alerio's Fang-
An interesting blade holding special attributes, it is a slightly longer blade at 70 cm at length, curved, with a look of a scimitar. Aside from it's length, the other noticeable feature it the sword's hilt. Slightly larger then the average hilt, there are metal grooves that allow Alerio to slide his fingers in. This gives the hilt the look of golden brass knuckles, getting struck in the face while Alerio held the weapon would likely result in a broken nose.

-Flint Lock Pistol-
A simple pistol with dark mahogany finish, furnished with gold and silver. Can fire one bullet at a time.

Magic:

-Gaze of the Void-
Alerio's one real magical ability, if Alerio removes his eye patch those that gaze inside are said to be sucked in. Of course, this isn't what really happens. Instead Alerio is giving those that gaze a glimpse of unspeakable horror, a horror that deeply effects that individual on a personal level. The individual's body is still there, but their consciousness is severely damaged and they could take several days to fully recover. Using this ability damages Alerio mentally as well, because he is sucked into that very horrific event with them. Depending on said event Alerio may be out of commission for a couple of hours to a couple of days. There are other grave shortcomings in using this hallucination magic, but Alerio

Skills:

-Strategist-
Alerio is known for his keen intellect, and knowledge of his own crew member's strengths and weaknesses. He has an aptitude for future thought and is able to discern the best possible action at any given time.

-Linguist-
Alerio has knowledge of multiple languages. Most he can speak fluently.

-Swordplay-
Though not his strong suit, Alerio can hold his own in a fight. In spite of his garments he is surprisingly quick, and his reaction time is nearly unhuman.

-Charismatic-
Alerio is a leader due to his charisma, and knows how to find out what people want and help them achieve that goal.

-Intimidation-
Though he may not be able to strike intimidation in the hearts of his enemies due to his size like Saethos, his mere presence holds an intimidating factor. Likely due to the many stories of he and his crew.

History:

Alerio has always made it his utmost effort to keep the past chapters of his life locked away, this of course does not stop those who have met him from speculating on his past.

Some say he was birthed to demons, and that he in fact is actually not human.

Others state that the captain was a fierce warrior and tactician hailing from a kingdom of the east, a man who decided to use his expertise in pirating for fortune. Though much more believable, nothing can be cemented in truth until Captain Alerio himself states it. Perhaps, it is best to list what we do know as fact... Let's begin with his recruitment in the Daydream Raiders.

Having just docked at port of a old coastal city the Raiders went to seek the nearest tavern for drinks and merriment. Night soon claimed the small city and when they went to return to their ship, they were surprised to see a young man waiting at the dock. He was frail, dirty, clothes torn to shreds, his head was bloodied and covered by a dirty bandage that also covered his right eye fully. When asked why he was there, the boy gave a simple response.

"My wish, I want it to come true."

The boy was Alerio Vulnus. The captain at the time was a older man, a man in his mid fifties. Still inebriated from the night of drinking the man slowly rose a hand to his scruffy face, giving his chin a rub in thought. Eyes looked over the young man, eventually his eyes fell on the boy's one good eye and he gave a light shake of the head in disapproval.

"You've looked as if you've seen death itself boy." The captain stated gruffly pushing past the boy the older man was soon followed after his crew.

"You'd likely just be dead weight... Have more purpose for bait then any real work." The captain commented slowly walking into the ship, the comment was followed by laughter from the captain's crewmen and women.

"Then make me bait."

The captain suddenly halted mid step, he paused and back around at the boy. Eyes narrowed taking in the kid's eye once more, his body was weak... But his eye showed a note of strength. Shifting his glance from the boy to one of his crewman he spoke once more. "Roan." The man he spoke to was a large man, burly, standing at easily 6'3. "Yes Captain!" The man exclaimed in response. "Show this boy just how rough the open sea can be." With that the captain looked back at the bandaged boy. "If you can hold your own against my man Roan over here... You will be permitted to join. If not, you will have to nurse yourself some new wounds, understand?"

Roan stepped forward raising his fists. "Put them up kid, I rather ya fight back."

A bit of fear struck Alerio, eye widening in surprise, but he did as he was told slowly raising his fists. For a moment there was silence as the two stared each other down. Roan made the first move, stepping forward he forced a fist into Alerio's gut. In spite of being a big man, Roan was quick... You had to be when you fought everyday of your life out at sea. The force of impact picked Alerio off of the ground, and the boy threw up whatever was in his stomach onto the wooden deck below. Hands grasped at the man's fist before it was removed and he was allowed to fall. A hand grasped at his stomach, Alerio was still coughing on the ground in pain. The captain of the raiders cocked his head back lightly. "You would be killed in our first battle boy, I believe the result speaks for itself." Turning to look at his crew he spoke once more. "Alright boys and girls! We are already a few minutes past schedule... Everyone on board!"

Roan, still peering down at the felled Alerio took a step back. Just as he moved he felt a tug on his ankle and tripped, sent to the wooden dock below. The commotion caused the other members of the crew to peer back towards the giant of a man. Alerio had somehow tied quickly tied a rope against the man's ankle causing him to trip and fall. The boy was already on top of the man, with the same rope around Roan's neck. Pulling back he began to choke the man, but it was clear he lacked the strength to really do any damage. Roan simply turned his head to the side and looked back at the struggling Alerio. By now the other crew members erupted in laughter at Alerio's weak attempt of an attempted strangle. The captain rose a hand prompting everyone else to slowly halt their laughter. A smile crept on the man's face as he parted lips to speak. "When was the last time you ate boy?"

Hearing the captain's questions Alerio slowly stopped his strangling attempt and sat there on top of Roan. "...Four days." Well, it was no wonder why he was so frail and weak... The captain's eyes narrowed in thought before speaking again.

"You're not going to be any good to us famished are you?... Come along, let's get you fed then."

I agree to the rules my captain has set forth.​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: PoetLore
There was just too much to quote so I'm being lazy...

About the motion of the boat throwing off a bowman....I think it depends on the way the bowman shoots. I used to go bow hunting with my dad and we used compound bows. We would sometimes be at a dead run and if you keep the arrow tip on the target it doesn't really matter what the rest of your body id doing. I will admit, you lose power because it's near impossible to get a steady drawback that way. But I could hit the moving target while running (Back in the day).

But yup..this is fantasy where we get to pretend we aren't suffering with bad knees and such.

Also...awesome! I prefer to play women when there can be romance involved. I'm not a very good at being a romantic guy, I'm afraid. I'm sure we'll run into guys along the way...or it could be fun to watch all the girls fight over the few guys...snickers~

I saw that Greenie mentioned a OOC thread. I will be sure to post future comments there....Once I locate it of course.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
So I'm laughing at myself because I intended to start this with the healing issue...and yup...completely left it out. Had a WHOOSH moment.

I can't imagine she would attempt to heal anyone unless she felt their life was in mortal danger. She doesn't feel proficient and she doesn't practice, so yeah. it wouldn't be something she would take lightly either. I can totally understand the thought and fear though. Not to worry. She doesn't use magic even on herself (Hence why she has a scar on her left hand)

And forgot to mention....Squee....totally LOVE your profile pic. I swear that dude looks at me.

I'm promise I'm working on my CS and not procrastinating at all. Really.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
I'm promise I'm working on my CS and not procrastinating at all. Really.
Do you still do commissions, by the way? Was checking out the super pic you made for me a while back :D

Do you still do commissions, by the way? Was checking out the super pic you made for me a while back :D
Yeah I still take commissions and requests since it's the holidays, if you want something PM me and I'll see :P

• Love
Tra-lah-lah I'm finally done the CS. That took longer than it was suppose to.

I saw that Greenie mentioned a OOC thread. I will be sure to post future comments there....Once I locate it of course.
I haven't made one yet...last time Greenie was in an RP of mine we chatted the signups and discussion into hundreds of pages of idle banter lol.

And thanks, he reminds me of Hoenheim from Fullmetal Alchemist but just a bit more rough around the edges.

-Linguist-
Alerio has knowledge of multiple languages, Elvish, Berserker, Kindred and of course human.
It's worth noting that languages are not limited to race but rather nationality, though yes there is a native Berserker and Kindred language.

There's also 1 thing missing from your sheet, it's listed under the rules section. Add that and you're set.

• Love
I haven't made one yet...last time Greenie was in an RP of mine we chatted the signups and discussion into hundreds of pages of idle banter lol.
Ah I remember that, the good old days full of general banter about RPs and life in general. I honestly don't mind that at all, would totally do again.

• Love
Ah I remember that, the good old days full of general banter about RPs and life in general. I honestly don't mind that at all, would totally do again.
Good times for sure. <3

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Cresion Breezes
This is WIP, I've cracked the drawing board but not yet the keyboard...

*Crappy self-made character art warning*

Appearance:

[spoili]
nLa9ffK.png

Valor is an esper built small on purpose, only being around 4'7" (145 cm). Parts of their main body made out of tough leather and steel rims are strapped together by leather straps. The large light blocking cloak and scarf allows them to pretend to be a human or other races by hiding the blue esper glow.
[/spoili]

Name:

Valoris (Valor)

Around 80

Largely androgynous due to being an Esper, accepts being referred to as either gender. Voice is similar to a child's and is hard to identify.

Race:

Esper

Position:

Gunner/Mechanic

Your wish:

To acquire the most powerful fire magic that can be used by an Esper such as themselves.

Personality:

Valoris' personality can be summed up nicely with one word: hyper. As an esper, a race who are fond of peace and calming atmosphere, they're the odd one out. Although having lived for so long, the extremes sometimes bring the opposites. Valoris is hyperactive and somewhat childish in their actions, and also loves anything that is related to flames and explosions. This is perhaps the main reason why they took up the job as a gunner on a pirate ship. They love jokes, and pranks, often pretending to be a ghost with their ghostly esper appearance.

Espers don't sleep or fatigue so they usually stay idle for time to time, but Valoris almost never does that. They're always moving about the ship no matter the time and loves to hang around members who are on night watch duty etc. But most of their time gets taken up polishing new weapons and inventions (that sadly, rarely works). Though in all seriousness, Valoris is an Esper who have indeed lived longer than the majority of others. But they still retain the passion about innovation and learning new things. Their childishness isn't due to inexperience, but instead too much experience. They dislike people of all races who act overly philosophical and "boring" just because of their age.

Weapon(s):

The Chiliad Gear - An intricate crossbow that took many years of travel to perfect. Still not perfect and is getting more and more parts and accessories added to it. This weapon is part of Valor's original esper body, just modifies more and more as time went on. It is infused with esper magic that they cannot use themselves. It has a longer range than regular bows, but takes a while to load. The kick is also farily strong, but being an esper lessens the effect.
[spoili]
69HQt3P.jpg
[/spoili]

They have a number of silver daggers on their armor, but these are rarely used due to them being a part of the esper's body. Taking them off and using them would be similar to a human ripping off their teeth to use as weapons.

Magic:
They cannot use magic without their weapon due to the construction of their esper armor. Using raw magic will make them loose too much energy and will be life threatening. Instead, their weapon is the vessel for magic casting by shooting arrows infused with spells.
The crossbow has three configurations that have different functions.
---Puncturing Shot---
This is a piercing shot that is more powerful the longer it's prepared. The longest one can charge it is around one minute where it can nearly puncture bricks. It can pierce armor but not very effectively since it can be avoided fairly easily.
---Flaming Arrow---
Simple as it sounds. Regular flames are conjured using an embedded magical gem, but blue flames could be used by Valor if they decided to sacrifice energy from their esper magic which keeps them alive.
---Explosive Shot---
No real magic gimmick with this one. They are simply specially crafted arrows that have a tip with gunpowder in it, ignited and amplified by minor fire magic. These need to be crafted beforehand with special heat resistant metal and are fairly expensive to use, especially at sea.

And there's always your regular old arrow available for usage.

Skills:

---Pyrotechnician---
Being the ships (self-proclaimed best) gunner, Valor is skilled in pyrotechnics and treated setting things on fire and explosions as an art.
---Mechanic/Innovator---
Having a weapon that's largely unheard of by the general population, they're very interested I created new weapons and devices that (aim to) help the crew. Almost none of them work, and those that work requires extensive instructions that non-Esper aged people would have trouble understanding.
---Stealth/Assassinantion---
They're a former assassin who can take lives with either an arrow or a trap from a great distance without being noticed. But this becomes less useful when your only battleground is a ship.
---Jeweler---
Although having a background in assassination, Valor is interested in shiny things. Which surprises some but it really not, judging by the amount of ornamental accessories on their weapon and armor. This gives them an upper hand with some girls despite Espers having no identifiable genders.

History:

Once there was a city in the northwest, a little more south than Valhalla, but still northern enough to be a frozen wasteland. One day in this place, arrived a small group of Espers. They were a traveling tribe of a few dozen Espers that roam from city to city with peaceful intentions. But they were originally built for combat, and that is what brought them to their downfall. In one city, there were hunters who sought after their Esper armor tracked many of them down. They were slain for their powerful armor until only a couple remained. The remainder of the tribe fled and sought protection from the kingdom. To return the favor, these travelers innovated a new Esper to present to the city's council. It was made purposely small so no human or elf or Berserker would come after its body, and instead of being created to fight or guide others, it was made to specialize in stealth.

The council leader accepted the Espers into the city and appointed the newly created Esper as the council's enforcer. In its first years, this Esper was simply known as "the enforcer" and was tasked with preventing corruption and betrayal within the council. By slaying any member who dares to betray the council. Rumors of the ghostly blue guardian terrorized most government officials and regular citizens alike. But the council leader soon dipped the corruption and tyranny. The people's hearts were lost, and the city was shrouded in a dead atmosphere. When the powerful Valhalla learned about this, they offered the people a choice, to continue to live in terror, or be united as a part of Valhalla. This brought the uprising with support from Valhalla's powerful armies. During the battles, the blue ghost was mesmerized by the beautiful flames conjured by the Valhallian mages that were engulfing the frozen wasteland. Until one day it was found and captured.

Many wanted to kill this Esper as it was terrorizing the city along with its tyrant, but a few experienced men were suspicious of its origins. As this Esper spoke its voice was small and high pitched much like a child, it was confused, since it was only carrying out the orders its creator gave it. The general of the Valhalla armies saw potential in this newly crafted Esper, its stealthy nature and abilities to wield such an intricate weapon were skills that were hard to come by, and it was a soul new to the world with a chance of redemption. The general gave it a chance, and made an older more experienced Esper into its mentor. By the end of the war, the young Esper had learned else about the world other than killing, through books and battles, it's sprite was complete and its values were shaped.

The war ended with execution of the former council leader, who died at the arrow tip of its former enforcer. The Valhallian armies gave it the name of Valor, for its learning through the war, its reformed soul and valiant effort during the battles. Valor was offered a position in the Valhalla armies, but they refused. They've realized that what they want isn't to be an assassin or a soldier, instead they pursued magic. But having a body made for agile movements and stealth, their loosely bonded body isn't suited for the fire magic that they long wish to have.

They left the frozen waste land as a travelling Esper, but was rarely attacked due to their armor's structure not appealing to most raiders and that they have enough skill to fight off monsters. They've spent many many years on the move, more than they could even remember themselves. Valor visited many Elves, Espers and Kindred who were magic experts though their travels, but none of them have an idea to let Valor conjure magic on their own, but instead urged them to just settle down with the powerful enough Esper magic infused within their crossbow. Having met other open-bodied Espers who cannot use magic on their own, Valor was still determined that one day they could find a way for those Espers to use magic properly. Along with their border lined pyromaniac nature, this desire gotten more and more powerful.

The decades of travels taught Valor many things, intentionally and unintentionally. Their skills with their weapon grew as well as their knowledge on the world. But moving from place to place on land was getting more and more boring and financially exhausting, their gaze turned to the oceans. Valor, after decades of fighting only monsters and in self defense, once again took up the profession as an assassin. They became a bounty hunter who is known for hunting down pirates by burning their ships from far away. It was on a mission where they came in contact with the Daydream Raiders, they were a tough crew that Valor could not take down. Instead, after a few years had passed, they joined them once hearing about the relic to fulfill a wish. The crew didn't mind having a powerful Esper who's taken down other pirate ships. Even when knowing that the relic would be hard to find and maybe not even real, Valor still settled out with the crew, perhaps for the wish, or perhaps just for the adventure.

-----------

"I agree to the rules my captain has set forth."
I see no problems here. Accepting!

I feel lazy and tired after work so I will edit our roster in the morning. Goodnight, folks.

Awh shoot o.o I forgot to ask! @Squee , is it okay if Rin has a pet? >.>

My guess is that pets might get eaten if things get desperate on the ocean :P but hey, don't take my word for it.

Lol 'tis true. I was thinking something like this....

raven-san.gif

Ouuuuu a bird, when it comes to birds in fiction I just think of this thing. Look at them dance moves.
FJJf6Gy.jpg

Here we are with the general banter again :P

• Love
Ouuuuu a bird, when it comes to birds in fiction I just think of this thing. Look at them dance moves.
FJJf6Gy.jpg

Here we are with the general banter again :P
That's hilarious, I'm just reminded of this other dancing bird XD

Not trying to be pushy or anything, but I was curious as to when we'd see an IC thread open up.

Side note: Absolutely love the cs' everyones come up with.

Not trying to be pushy or anything, but I was curious as to when we'd see an IC thread open up.

Side note: Absolutely love the cs' everyones come up with.
For the sake of scheduling probably will be 2-3 weeks, I will probably have a lot going on until then.
Awh shoot o.o I forgot to ask! @Squee , is it okay if Rin has a pet? >.>
Yeah, pets are ok.

• Thank You