• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Hugs Greenie...Thank you!. Posted a bunch of BS until someone speaks to me..lol. Still. All caught up on the reading, which is totally wonderful to be sure!

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Hugs Greenie...Thank you!. Posted a bunch of BS until someone speaks to me..lol. Still. All caught up on the reading, which is totally wonderful to be sure!
No probs :D

Hmmm.. Bad me but I'm tempted to make my dragoons. ^^;

I'm not normally afraid of doubling up but you all have me a bit intimidated!

Yup...color me intimidated, but I'm not one to back down from a challenge. However...one person here is going to be my limit!

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Yup...color me intimidated, but I'm not one to back down from a challenge. However...one person here is going to be my limit!
Your posts are pretty awesome so far!

I just have a bad habit of making too many chars v.v

No need to be afraid @PoetLore, you're posts have been top notch. Honestly I want to interact with everyone, it's just tough to have all the characters bond. That's why I would love to hit the sea soon, plenty of time for the characters to grow and develop.

I don't mind the ground interaction either though, tbh :D It'll give a chance to see how chars really are.

Mmhm...me too!! And thank you. I am hoping as times passes and I ahve a better feel for the characters and the environs, that I will be able to elevate my posts a bit.

Thank you Sanctus. I agree, it's a bit difficult at this point, since we are all learning and developing our interpersonal relationships.

That's why I would love to hit the sea soon, plenty of time for the characters to grow and develop.
After we've seperately introduced our characters and gotten comfortable playing as them I would like to send us back at sea properly, in the mean time I'm working on the map and some details, such as a destination. Right now we're in the middle of the world. We have limitless options.

This plot looks awesome! Here is my template (my history was a little long >.<)

Character Template:

Name: Semira De Castille
Gander: Female
Race: Human/Kindred
Position: Carpenter/swordsman
Your wish: acceptance
Appearance:
Screen%20Shot%202017-01-27%20at%2011.22.28%20AM_zpsq7qvuy4v.png

-Height: 4"10"
-Weight: 100lb
-Body: slender/tone
-Skin: grey-tinged
-Eyes: golden brown
-Hair: silver-white
Personality:
Semira can be shy at first wanting to observe and assess people before interacting with them. This comes from her own childhood and being unaccepted by the majority of the villagers. However, the very few who accepted her has allowed her to be open to the idea that there may be other people who can look past her lightly grey-tinged skin and golden brown eyes to the person she is.

Once she opens up to someone she is energetic and bright. She loves learning new things and trying new things. She doesn't mind a challenge. However, if she is upset she will hide it and something hide within herself and move away from people. She has a tendency to work with wood when she is upset, and always has a piece of wood and a small craving tool in her pocket.

Weapon(s): Twin daggers, 7 inches long, double folded straight steel with black leather hilts with gold stitching and a gold crest with special leather straps that her hands can slipped into in order to allow her to use her hands while fighting without losing her weapons. A 26 inch, double folded steel sword, with a simple black leather hilt with gold stitching and a gold crest. Her father gave these weapons to her on her 18th birthday but told her he would tell her about the crest on her 21st​ birthday.

Magic: Semira has always used minimal magic due to her mother's urgency and restrictions, so she doesn't know her full potential. She uses magic only to assist in her sword fighting, such as wind or barriers to block attacks, give her a burst of speed backwards or forward, or allow her to have high leaps.

Skills: Can wield swords and daggers (can hold her own for the most part with the assistance of her magic but she knows when she retreat and doesn't deny help when she needed it), some archery skill but with no real proficiency, and woodwork (furniture, decorations, house construction)

History:
Miriamira had run away from her clans people when she was 18 years old. She had a rebellious soul and wanted to explore the world that shunned her. She spent several hard years among the other races until one day having been attacked by humans in an alley; a man came by and rescued her. The human, Sebastian De Castille, son of the Duke of Castille, had never actually seen a Kindred before but had been raised with the same racism towards them as everyone else. However, the strangely beautiful woman before him made his curious. That curiosity over time grew into love then marriage. However, they were shunned by many, including his family who banished him.

The couple traveled around trying to find a home for themselves. Until finally they had no choice but to stop their wandering because their unborn child was on its way. It was a rainy night when they stumbled into a small village with a tiny inn; Miriamira in labor and Sebastian desperate for help. After begging and pleading with inn keepers did they finally agree to allow them to stay and they called the local midwife. Sebastian has been pacing the lower eating area while his wife was giving birth in a room above when clashing and shouts outside drew his attention outside. Bandits were ransacking the village. As a trained swordsman since childhood and the need to protect his family, he raced outside with his sword and fought along other men to protect the village. They won and people were grateful for his help. Though they were hesitate to have a Kinder among them but they allowed the family to move into an abandon house at the outskirts of the village, as long as Sebastian agreed to assist in protecting the village.

Here Sebastian raised his family, fixing the house in between patrolling the village and finding guard work with the merchants. Miriamire stayed away from village until she needed supplies, most of the villagers treated her nice enough but they didn't engage in conversation with her nor did they invite her into their homes. The villagers kept their children away from the little half-breed toddler, Semira, that followed her mother everywhere.

One day when Semira was five she saw some children playing near by where her mother was shopping. Curious about the game, she walked towards them. When the children noticed her they stopped playing and backed away. She asked them what they were playing and a young boy with curly blond hair glared at her and opened his mouth to speak but a little girl next to him cut him off and answered. Semira asked to play with them and the little girl said yes after a moment. The other children gapped at her but seeming she was the leader they didn't say anything. Soon all the children were playing and laughing as they killed the ball around the dirt until the little boy with curly hair killed the ball right at Semira's face.

The ball knocked her down to the dirt. The boy laughed cruelly and the other children watched unsure what to do. Semira didn't think, she just stood up and pushed the boy on his butt. The boy immediately screamed and cried, bringing the adults' attention to situation. The boy screamed that Semira had attacked him for no reason. Semira yelled back that he hit her with the ball on purpose. The parents were furious and were shouting at Miriamire about controlling her wild beast of a half-breed and keeping her away from the other children. It was here that Semira first heard the term half-breed. Semira stared at the other children who didn't speak up to defend her or at those who lied and agreed with the curly blond haired boy. She took off running away from the children and the adults, tears running down her face.

She ran blindly until she finally had to stop. She curled up into a ball against a building wall in an alley and cried until a gentle voice called out to her. She looked up to see an old man sitting at a workbench in a carpenter shop. He asked her what was wrong and she poured out her story. The man nodded and told her that people feared what they didn't understand then changed the subject and called her over to see what he was doing. It was at this moment that she learned to love wood and making things.

After this encounter her father started teaching her to fight and defend herself against her mother's wishes and the old carpenter taught her how to make things. Every day after her very early morning lessons with her father if he was home, or her own practice she would race into the village to see the old carpenter and learn something new. This became her touchstone whenever she was upset, she would hide in her workshop father built her for her seventh birthday to make things. Semira tried a few times to become friendly with the other children at her father's encouragement. Only the little leader girl, Tabitha, showed any interested and their play was always in secret until Tabby's mother found out and stopped Tabitha from going anywhere by herself.

Semira's mother died when she was 16 years old due to an illness no one could indentify except Semira and her father. Her mother had used a lot of her Kindred magic to protect herself when she had run away from her clan and it has shorted her life. Semira herself was forbidden to use magic unless absolutely needed. Next to die was her father when she was 20 years old. It has been a raid on the village. She has begun protecting the village when she was 15 after raiders came and her father wasn't there and the villagers were losing. Her father had been furious at her but realized he couldn't very well keep her from the doing they very thing he has taught her. Her father took a sword to the back and luckily died instantly without much pain. However, without the older carpenter for company, love and encouragement, Semira would have died of broken heart. She had loved both her parents very much, but her father was extra special because he told her she could do anything she wanted she just had to want it hard enough and do anything she could to get it.

Three years later, Daniel, the old carpenter, who had long gone blind and his hands crippled with arthritis, died as well. Everyone Semira had love was gone and she saw no more reason to stay in the village. After a quick and secret goodbye to Tabitha, who despite having been kept away from her still smiled at her across the market, Semira left to a large port city nearby to start a new life.

"I agree to the rules my captain has set forth."

Last edited:
Reactions: PoetLore
Magic: non-using. She can use but was forbidden to use, so has never used magic. She isn't even sure if she would know to use her magic if she needed to, Her mother never taught her.
You can do this but it wouldn't make much sense for a Kindred. Their lore is that they are the most naturally powerful magic users. Yes, eating their life is a hefty cost, but not all of their magic costs their life, they only need to do that for the more powerful spells that no other race could achieve. As far as learning magic, having such a natural affinity to it means they aren't taught it, they just learn it over time. This would be like never learning how to speak. Being a Kindred also means her physical prowess is severely dampened, the idea being you can't have a race proficient at both. By taking away her magic, she's very underwhelming in terms of power, which may make things dangerous. Again, I can allow this, but I need you to know what you're getting yourself into.
Race: Human/Kinder
You say Kinder a lot, it's just Kindred, as in similar in kind; related.
Twin daggers, double folded steel with black leather hilts with gold stitching and a gold crest with special leather straps that her hands can slipped into in order to allow her to use her hands while fighting without losing her weapons. A long bladed double folded steel sword, with a simple black leather hilt with gold stitching and a gold crest.
How long are the blades and are they straight or curved? This is the most oft skipped detail, it's important because the shape and curve of the blade details exactly what it's great for. Rapiers, long and slender for thrusting, and scimitars, wide and curved for slashing being the two extremes. It also marks how likely it is for the sword to get stuck.
No real problems here. There is, however, a Kindred Sactuary, but the world map still isn't done yet. We'll just have to say this family comes from the west, since the Kindred Sanctuary is in the southeast

she's very underwhelming in terms of power, which may make things dangerous

And this is why we have saethos and his band of heart breakers (literally) (ft the amazing flying esper) to deal with the ruffians, scallywags and ne'er-do-wells while us weaklings less well versed in the ways of not getting our asses handed to us of combat retire to a safe distance to bitch about the mess the fight will cause and drink cocktails :p

Also @Greenie does Rin's family hail from rothendust from way back when?

Also @Greenie does Rin's family hail from rothendust from way back when?
I'm thinking yes, seeing that my first character Kela was the offspring of two half elf/half human. It'd make sense they lived around Rothendust, though somewhere further in the timeline, a few of Kela's descendants moved to the coastal area. She gets whatever little magic she does from her mother's side. Her dad, a human... welp I'm not too sure about him, where he's from. lol.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore and Applo
I'm thinking yes, seeing that my first character Kela was the offspring of two half elf/half human. It'd make sense they lived around Rothendust, though somewhere further in the timeline, a few of Kela's descendants moved to the coastal area. She gets whatever little magic she does from her mother's side. Her dad, a human... welp I'm not too sure about him, where he's from. lol.

Awww yiss. I saw the name when I was stalking through all the relevant reading on squees profile and got to wandering

Awww yiss. I saw the name when I was stalking through all the relevant reading on squees profile and got to wandering
Haha Nice going :'D

Honestly at first I was super tempted to bring my original chars but OBVIOUSLY that wouldn't work ;w; So yeaah. Kela, Ashfa and Meg are of them past *closes door*

Whoo. A new person for Klein to make friends with.

HAHAHAHAAHA! Hi everyone.

Squee and I are still hammering out some details on my profile. :p ^_^

HAHAHAHAAHA! Hi everyone.

Squee and I are still hammering out some details on my profile. :p ^_^
Hey there ^_^