Status
Not open for further replies.
2ugmqgp.jpg

[Garden-going to library-library]

As Reed worked with his plants he fixed his cuffs again then moved to his workbench. The smell of earth always calmed him. He spotted a book behind a pot and lifted it up curiously and looked at the date. An overdue book... he cursed silently. Putting his overcoat on he wiped his dirt covered hands on his outfit then left the greenhouse. he quickly made his way across the frozen courtyard to the doors to the castle. He hurried past many groups of people coming back from hogshead, he walked up the stairs then to the corridor to the library. Going to the library doors he opened the left door and walked into the room. Madam Peck looked at him and smiled. "I forgot i had this." he held up the book as he looked around the library. He felt drawn to the old books, he made his way to the section labeled hexes and curses. he admitted they were very interesting, he had spent allot of time here 2 years ago, all the knowledge was fresh in his mind. He was looking at the higher section not paying attention to where he was walking then ran into a person he reached out quickly to balance himself but the books he grabbed onto gave way and he fell to the floor. he cursed and looked up to see a girl who looked less then impressed.

• Love
Reactions: Wicked and VocaStar
24dndic.jpg

|| Hogsmeade; Outside of the Three broomsticks inn. ||

Madi was counting down the seconds till she landed flat on her face in front of everyone at Hogsmeade. She wished she could teleport somewhere else to get her out of this situation. Boy, karma sure did work quick. Maybe she shouldn't have thrown that snowball at that boy. Maybe she shouldn't have laughed. That way she wouldn't be falling to her doom right now. But right now, she is, and that sucked.

Suddenly the ground wasn't rushing up to meet her face. Instead she felt a firm grasp on her shoulders support her and stop her from her doomsday fall. Madi quickly tried to gain her balance but the ground was still slipperly. Luckily the person holding her, was well, still holding her. Madi's heart was beating full throttle at the moment. Her breathing speeding up for no reason other than the fact that she almost died. Well, that was being dramatic but you know what she means.

"Are you all right?" the male asked.

Madi tilted her head up and was looking into those gorgeous green orbs again, only this time they were close. Real close. Madi blinked several times trying to get her mind to focus, to work, to do something other than stare but she couldn't help it. His eyes really were gorgeous. She had her hands braced on his forearms for balance, she only hoped she wasn't squeezing too hard.

Looking down at her hands on his forearms finally gave her breathing room in her head. She could think properly as long as she wasn't caught in a trance again. Seriously, she hated the fact that she was a sucker for eyes. "U-Um..yeah. I'm okay. S-Sorry about that. I'm clumsy sometimes." Madi said with a sheepish laugh. It was obvious she was embarrassed. Her heated cheeks could tell you that, but she could write that off as the cold. Madi cleared her throat, attempting to gain her boldness back. "Yeah, so thank you? What's your name again?"

Madi already knew the answer to this. She was just making conversation. Why? Beat her. Maybe it was his eyes that sold her. But still, Madi was a friendly person. Talking was always her forte.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wicked
((I'm sorry for my short reply. I kind of wrote this in the middle of doing homework.))
2412833.jpg

[Great Hall]

"Of course I didn't think you actually would," added Amelia. "But that kind of expression tends to frighten people away." For good measure, Amelia gestured towards the other students, and how there was significantly more space between them and the boy, compared to how close they sat to everyone else. Amelia noticed the juice from the apple running down his chin, but she chose not to comment on it. The other Ravenclaw gave a bit of the impression that he wasn't too interested in conversation, though perhaps the fact that he kept talking meant otherwise. Nonetheless, Amelia wasn't going to start saying too much. Annoying her housemates wasn't really on her agenda.

So rather than continue talking, which she could do for quite a long time if she wished to, Amelia simply stabbed a sausage that was on her plate and started nibbling on it, waiting for the the male's reply. If he didn't reply, well then, no matter. Amelia wasn't necessarily sitting around for conversation, anyway. She was sitting there to eat. That really explained why Amelia hadn't asked for his name. Besides, of course, the fact that stuffing a 'say, what's your name?' in the middle of talking about how utterly terrifying that boy could look didn't seem too appropriate.

1jFXS.png

[Hogsmeade]

Maybe Adam should just return to Hogwarts. He had went to Hogsmeade because sitting in the Great Hall listening to idle chatter until he was kicked out wasn't the slightest bit appealing, and his cousin had asked him to buy things for him. But really, he was freezing at the moment, he's almost been hit in the face by snowballs many times, and walking around without having anyone to talk to was quite a bore. Just sitting around the Hufflepuff common room, or doing any schoolwork he had gotten before the weekend seemed much more appealing than walking around Hogsmeade.

But, well, maybe just one more walk around Hogsmeade would be nice. Maybe he could even throw a snowball or two back at the people who nearly hit him. That sounded fun. But, of course, after a bit, he was definitely going to go back to Hogwarts. Just walking around in the cold with nothing to do was just rather pointless.​

Reactions: Wicked and senpai
waog7p.jpg

Great Hall

"Of course I didn't think you actually would," Theodore took another mouthful bite out of the fruit, almost already reaching to the core, "But that kind of expression tends to frighten people away." The blonde wiped the juice off his chin, as it almost dried. "Mm," He shrugged, raising his shoulders briefly. Theodore didn't even bother to look where the redhead (or at least, half; whatever) gestured at, focusing solely on his leftovers. He pushed the plate away slightly. "I don't really care," Theodore said in his usual monotone voice, finishing the rest of the fruit effortlessly. He plopped the core on the clean side of the white dish, "That's their problem, not mine."

He assumed that others nearby might have heard him because he could've swore he received few looks from his peers. Theodore didn't see why they were offended; it was the truth, wasn't it? He was about to continue when he accidentally slipped a hiccup. Theodore bit on the bottom of his lips. Reaching for the jug in front of him, he poured himself a cup. Another hiccup made his chest jump before he took a sip of the pure water.​

Last edited:
2412833.jpg

[Great Hall]

"I don't really care," he said, placing his apple core on his plate. "That's their problem, not mine."

Amelia swallowed the bit of sausage in her mouth before she replied. "Well, I can't say I don't agree," said Amelia with a thoughtful expression. People's reactions to things really were their own faults, after all. "Though that opinion might ruffle some feathers. Many people in their teenage years were rather touchy about other peoples' opinions on them, though Amelia herself didn't particularly care about it.

The boy seemed to be about to continue, when a sudden hiccup interrupted him. As he poured water for himself to get rid of his hiccups, Amelia couldn't help but crack a smile of amusement. The blonde Ravenclaw didn't look half as frightening now. The wonders of hiccups could do quite a lot.

"Well, that beat the scary expression of yours," she noted, before biting the last of the sausage she had.

2s6n8ud.jpg

[Ravenclaw tower] - [Great Hall]

A high pitched squeal shattered the peaceful calm and quiet of the room, followed by girly giggling and gushing about yet another celebrity. The noise ripped a certain redhead out of her book and brought her crashing back to reality. A soft, annoyed sigh escaped her lips as she shut the book with more force than necessary and shot the culprits a glare frigid enough to freeze the blood in their veins. The two girls hastily departed, muttering something about killjoys. Her 'reading mood' effectively shattered, Alexandra placed the book next to her pillow and stretched languidly. It should be a crime to let loose ear piercing squeals especially this early in the morning, she decided.

A quick glance at her watch made her yelp in surprise as it was much later in the morning than she had initially assumed. Time had a strange way of accelerating whenever she opened a book; it seemed and today was no exception. Alexandra barreled into the bathroom and pulled on her clothes, stopping briefly to glance at the mirror to see if her shirt was buttoned up properly. Flipping her long, silky red locks over one shoulder, she nodded and smiled at her reflection, satisfied with her appearance. The loud rumbling protests of her stomach broke the silence and bade her to hurry towards breakfast.

"Alright, alright. I'm going." She laughed a little as she patted her stomach and hurried towards the Great Hall to appease her stomach before it took over her body.

The heavenly aroma of the vast array of breakfast dishes tickled her nose as she neared the long tables laid out with staggering amounts of food. Inhaling deeply, the redhead smiled. The food alone was reason enough to vote Hogwarts as the best wizarding school. Alexandra suddenly wondered what the other schools' meals were like. "Maybe I should ask that unapproachable Slytherin girl who just transferred." She mused out loud and then smirked. It would be worth doing, even if just to gauge the other girl's reaction. Deciding that she'd kept her stomach waiting long enough, she slid into a seat a few spaces away from a fellow Ravenclaw Theodore Williams. To put it nicely, he looked like hell. Knowing him, he'd probably stayed up all night finishing something that should've been completed long before. Alexandra found herself mentally clucking her tongue. When would he ever learn?

Another Ravenclaw, a girl, sat across from him attempting to converse with the sullen blonde boy who appeared to want nothing more than to be left alone. It took her a few seconds to remember the girl's name, Amelia Abbott. With hair like that, one would think Alexandra would've had no trouble recalling the girl's name. Half of her hair was dyed an alarming shade of red while the other half was left in its natural brown shade. Probably some sort of muggle trend, she decided.

"Good morning Theo, Amelia." She greeted them with a small nod as she dug into her breakfast. "Might I add that you look exceptionally handsome this morning?" She quipped, ignoring the boy's expression.

• Love
112app5.png

En-route to Hogsmeade

Snow...

As Lucas walked out through the castle's entrance, he couldn't help but smile as he saw the pure-white snow on the ground, it didn't bother him at all that it was a bit chilly outside. It was nowhere as much as there usually was in Scotland, but it was enough to have snowball-fights and snowman building, not to mention that it was still snowing. There were of course other people outside, playing around in the snow, throwing it here and there. They seemed to be enjoying themselves, laughing almost all the time. Luke understood why, there was always something extra magical about the season of snow, no matter where you went. Winter was on its way, which was a good thing as Luke liked the season a lot. There'd be no annoying insects, tea tasted a lot better in his opinion... a lot of things were better during winter in fact, even the air felt nicer. Alas, it was still October, this snow would probably melt away in a couple of days which was all the more reason for Lucas to get the best out of this day.

Lucas took a few steps forward and bowed down to pick up some snow with his glove-less hands, making a snowball out of it. Just as he'd hoped, the snow was compact and wet enough to easily create things out of it, but that was a given as it's already slowly melting away. He threw the snowball at a nearby tree and dried his hands on the green jacket he was wearing and tucked them into its pockets. The jacket wasn't winterish thick, but thick enough to keep him warm for now. He wasn't wearing any other winter clothes, except his boots, but otherwise it was a pair of blue jeans and in case his ears got cold he'd pull up the hood that was attached to the jacket.

Deciding that he'd watched the snow for long enough, he ventured on towards Hogsmeade. The road was filled with students, everyone heading the same way, everyone in a small group of their own, chatting and laughing. Luke was of course alone, with no one to chat with, it didn't bother him all that much as he preferred being silent as always. A small sigh left his mouth, he guessed it'd been different if Constance had been around, though who knows if he'd talked that much anyway, the former couple never did talk all that much. Shaking his head to get away from those thoughts, he focused more on what was ahead.

Hogsmeade.

Luke had already decided that he'd treat himself to some sweets, most likely sour candy as that was the best, or chocolate that he liked equally as much. Or maybe both? Well, either way he'd have to focus on getting the more essential things at first. Should he get a new broom? There was nothing wrong with the one he had right now, but some time getting something new makes you get pumped up to try it out... so perhaps that'd help out in the next quidditch match? Then again he'd have to get used to it and all that, so there'd be no new broom today. A few new books was a must, he'd read those he bought the last time and he must say they're getting rather boring now after he'd read through them around ten times. He'd probably go to the inn as well and spend some time there, what he'd do though was still a mystery to him.​

28qucjo.jpg

[Library]

Anice had read over the titles again and again, but she couldn't seem to find the one she saw before. She figured it must have been checked out already. She panicked a little bit inside; what if this was the book? The one that finally told her the answer she'd been diligently searching for since she was 10 years old. What if whoever checked it out never brought it back? She tried to remain calm but couldn't help disappointed tears welling in her eyes. She'd lived with the curse for so long, she was dying to finally be able to get to know someone. To not worry if she would hurt people unintentionally. After so much time being lonesome, she wanted a friend. But she knew that she couldn't have friends. She told herself every night that she couldn't. It took extraordinary self strength to keep her from trying but she managed; her quick tongue helped her out with that. Yet, every time someone walked away offended by what she said, she always wished she could reach out and apologize, make it all better, and maybe let that person become part of her life. But she never did.

As Anice was trying her best to keep herself together, she felt a hard body crash into hers. It was so unexpected, Anice couldn't quite retain her balance and fell over dropping the book she had been clutching onto so dearly since she entered the library. She hit the ground rather hard, knocking the upcoming tears out. Anice looked up to see a tall and handsome figure sitting in front of her, his books scattered all around. His body was rather built and he was tall enough to loom over Anice like a tree; it was obvious Anice's body didn't stand a chance against his. Confused as to what exactly had just occurred and mortified at the fact she'd been caught looking for books on curses, Anice turned beat red.

"W-would you watch where you're going?! You should know better than to run into a lady so unexpectedly! Honestly, did your parents teach you ANY manners??"

Anice could feel her face burning in embarrassment, but she tried to keep control over the situation. She didn't want her curse to go crazy, especially in front of another person. However she was never good with controlling her tongue in these situations. Many times she would just spiral into a fit of rude comments, which is why she earned the reputation of being a bitch by the school. But she was fine with that, if it meant less people would try to talk to her. She always avoided people when she could, but it seemed she couldn't ignore the boy who'd clumsily bumped into her. She had to face this problem head-on.​

Last edited by a moderator:
waog7p.jpg

Great Hall

Theodore ignored everything what the stranger said, not really caring about her presence anymore. She was obviously humored about his small issue, which aggravated the blonde a little bit. Though, it wasn't something she couldn't help; whenever Theodore hiccups, he sounds like a defenseless chipmunk. "Well, that beat the scary expression of yours." His eyes lowered, fixing his stares at the Ravenclaw. Clearly, Theodore was not pleased with her amused expression.

Another uninvited guest appeared on his table, as it was no other than Alexandra. Her locks of auburn hair captured many boy's attention, their heads instantly turning to Theodore's direction while on the other hand; girls gritted their teeth, visibly jealous of Alexandra's beauty. "Good morning, Theo and Amelia," He gave a brief nod, as a way to acknowledge her presence. But honestly, was it really a good morning? Now that she said someone's else's name besides Theodore, he assumed the stranger sitting with them was Amelia.

Theodore was about to get used to the company he was suddenly getting when she blurted an unnecessary comment, "Might I add that you look exceptionally handsome this morning?" Theodore sighed through his nose, "Is that so?" He said breathlessly, his tone flatter than usual. Theodore frowned at Alexandra, wanting to wipe that cheeky smirk off from her face, "Because I recalled her telling me that I look murderous," He glanced at Amelia, later to focus back on Alexandra shortly.

Last edited:
2s6n8ud.jpg

[Great Hall]

Alexandra bit back a smile at his hiccups and took a dainty bite out of her breakfast. Theo hiccupped quite adorably for such a cranky, broody person. She briefly entertained the thought of mentioning it and then held back, deciding she'd teased the boy enough for a few minutes. There'd be plenty of time to continue their usually sarcastic and sometimes snarky banter. She looked up from her breakfast and arched an elegant brow at his overly exasperated sigh.

"Is that so?" Theo began flatly. "Because I recalled her telling me that I look murderous," He finished with a glance at each of the two girls.

"Murderous? You? Perish the thought." Alexandra deadpanned, a smirk tugging at her lips. " Who dared utter such blasphemy? I've never seen a more pleasant and approachable young man in all my life." She finished with mock sincerity. So much for giving him a few more minutes of peace.

Theo was as broody as broody got, especially on mornings such as these. Alexandra took an almost sadistic glee in teasing the poor boy. She shot a quick look at Amelia to see how the girl was reacting to their conversation and then turned back to her breakfast. She wanted to visit Hogsmeade as soon as she was done with breakfast. The redhead pondered whether or not to ask Amelia and Theo to accompany her. Normally, she preferred to go alone as most people ended up annoying her.

• Love
waog7p.jpg

Great Hall

Theodore patted on his chest, wanting the embarrassing condition to stop. Not only Amelia made a comment about it, but Alexandra was about to, too. Thankfully though, he was spared from humiliation when she only watched, entertained by Theodore's hiccups. Theodore drank more of his water, barely looking away from Alexandra. Now that he looked more closely, the redhead didn't seem to be tired at all. In fact, it looked like she got plenty of her sleep. On the other hand, Theodore was the complete opposite. Theodore shoved a spoonful of scrambled eggs in his mouth to avoid talking, while Alexandra took nibbles of her breakfast; eating as if she was having breakfast with the Queen of England.

When a short silence drifted, Alexandra replied back after swallowing her portion of bacon, "Murderous? You? Perish the thought," Theodore gave a small cough from eating too much, "Who dared utter such blasphemy? I've never seen a more pleasant and approachable young man in all my life." Theodore sneered, as he was beyond done with Alexandra's remarks. If looks could kill, Alexandra would be melting.

But he softened his gaze, knowing that being angry wouldn't do any good; though, his annoyed expression didn't completely go away. "Just finish your breakfast," He grumbled, clearing his throat again. Just when he thought he was going to let the conversation die, Theodore found himself talking, "Are you going? To Hogsmeade, I mean."

Last edited:
2ugmqgp.jpg

[Library]

He was over her. Brown eyes, brown hair, and the distinct smell of sweets as she lashed out at him. "W-would you watch where your going?! You should know better than to run into a lady so unexpectedly! Honestly, did your parents teach you ANY manners??" His face flushed red as He moved back onto his calves and began to pick up the books he hand knocked over. He was flustered, uncomfortable with the fact he had just forced a girl to the ground. "I am terribly sorry. I was just returning a book and got carried away with looking at the top shelf. I tend to not look when i am focused on literature." He tucked the books under his arm then stood up and extended his hand in a way of apology and to offer to help her up. "My parents did try to strive for me to have manners, but it seems i have yet to know the true dynamics of socializing...I'm not very good at it."

He couldn't help but be surprised at bumping into a girl, especially in the curse and hexes section, not many go here unless if they are learning about it or have a personal interest. He was not going to pry, it was not his thing. People came to him with problems whether he invited it or not, and this girl seemed...cut-intelligent. he stopped himself he didn't want his emotions to tumble forth, he was after all a senior not some lust stricken 3rd year. "I again am sorry. My names Reed, seventh year ravenclaw." he said it not as a gesture to get to know her but as more so she knows more about him then him just assuming she would tell him her name.

2412833.jpg

[Great Hall]

The male didn't seem too amused by her reaction. Amelia understood that, though. She would probably get annoyed if someone thought seeing her hiccup was funny. Though, it was hard not being amused when someone starts to hiccup when they sounded otherwise serious.

Amelia figured that the boy probably wouldn't reply to what she said. But it wasn't too long after she spoke that someone else approached, anyway. Another student, who sat down before greeting them. "Good morning, Theo and Amelia," she said. Theo, Amelia presumed, was the boy on the other side of the table.

Amelia was silent for a second or so. Unlike Theo, Amelia did want to actually greet the other girl, but her name had slipped her(Amelia's) mind for a moment. Amelia really had to remember peoples' names more often. But still, it only took her a moment to connect a name to that face. "Good morning, Alexandra," she greeted the girl.

Alexandra added a comment on how Theo looked "exceptionally handsome that morning," making Amelia smile lightly, though she was clearly trying not to. Theo didn't seem to enjoy people laughing at his expense. Most people didn't. But still, Amelia enjoyed listening to the two converse. She was a bit tempted to make a heart with her hands(one thing she's learned from nearly 16 years of life was that you could tease people about liking each other if they seem even mildly close), but that was just immature. Perhaps if Amelia ever saw them talking ever again.

It was at that point that Theo seemed to be ending the conversation. But just as soon as it ended, it began again, this time with Theo asking Alexandra if she was going to Hogsmeade.

Ah, Hogsmeade. There must have been a lot of snow there. Having a snowball fight sounded fun. Besides the bitter cold, of course. The cold really put a damper on things.

1jFXS.png

[Hogsmeade]

Being able to go off school grounds really wasn't as enjoyable when you hadn't gone with anyone else. It probably had something to do with human nature and their need for companionship. Adam didn't get it, but it really was rather boring to be in the village when he was just walking around, listening to the sound of his boots crunching through the snow, and the sound of yelling and talking and snowballs hitting their targets.

Of course, Adam could always go back to the inn, and talk to his younger cousin, except… He didn't feel like it. Besides, his cousin Ryan had a tendency to get distracted and leave, or make comments that really just confused Adam.

Besides, Adam had his fresh air, and his change of scenery. Now was really the time to just head back to Hogwarts, right? He'd have less to worry about if he went back to the castle. He wouldn't have to dodge stray snowballs.

It was with that in mind that Adam pulled up his black and yellow striped scarf to cover his mouth, stuffing his hands into his coat pockets and starting back in the direction he came. Well, walking in the village all day was overrated anyway. He could probably find more people to talk to at Hogwarts, anyway. It definitely wasn't the majority of students his age were at Hogsmeade already. Definitely not.​

Last edited:

tumblr_n12g8ploD21rrfopko1_500.jpg

[Library]

Anice was relieved to see the stranger was just as red as she was, giving her a little leverage in the conversation. "I am terribly sorry. I was just returning a book and got carried away with looking at the top shelf. I tend to not look when I am focused on literature." She watched as the boy uncomfortably pulled himself off of her and gathered his books quickly. He seemed pretty shaken at the entire mishap, but his manner of speech was still clean and dignified. He was shockingly shy for someone of his built and appearance. Anice pulled her upper body to her forearms, noticing his house colors; Ravenclaw. She figured the stranger was, his manner of speech and what seemed to be a love for books made it rather obvious. The boy pulled himself up and extended his hand as to help her up, "My parents did try to strive for me to have manners, but it seems I have yet to know the true dynamics of socializing...I'm not very good at it." Anice was shocked at the kind gesture. She had just lashed out at him yet he continued to try to help her. She figured he must have felt pretty bad. However nice it was, she couldn't accept it. She knew if she took his hand it would be an invitation of friendship or forgiveness. Still, Anice wanted to sympathize with the stranger. After all, she admitted her social skills were below par as well. But she knew her boundaries and decided not to make a comment of it. His entire reaction was so calm it made her feel bad for lashing the way she did, but she knew she couldn't stop now.

"I again am sorry. My name's Reed, seventh year Ravenclaw."
Anice was mortified, a seventh year?? His maturity levels probably exceeded hers greatly! All of a sudden Anice felt her face burn. He reacted so calmly to her childish screaming, she couldn't help getting embarrassed at the thought of how immature she must seem. Disregarding his hand entirely, Anice pulled herself to her feet by her own strength. "I-I'm not a child!" she said, feeling her cheeks getting hotter by the seconds. She wrestled her tongue to find words that would revive her lost dignity, "And maybe next time, Reed, you should-" she stopped, noticing a book in his hands. It was the book, the one she'd been searching for earlier. She felt a little burst of excitement rush over her. Disregarding all the fears she had earlier, her tongue slipped, "That book...I've been-" she realized the danger of her next choice of words and stopped. She couldn't risk him knowing why she was here. "May I ask for what purpose you have that book?" she said, sounding much like a professor. Although her goal was to obtain the book from him, she honestly had no idea how to go about it. She'd feel weird about asking for it like a child asking for a lollipop, but she couldn't really figure a different way to get it. She just knew that she had to get it.

2ugmqgp.jpg

[Library]

Reed saw his introduction had struck some nerve because her cheeks flared and she stood up of her own accord. "I-I'm not a child!" she
declared which he thought odd given he was trying to be neighborly but out of the years of him living in the muggle world and the wizarding world it seemed that trying to be nice was often shunned in the wizarding community. Thought that a gesture would pose some personal gain. "And maybe next time, Reed, you should-" she stopped mid sentence which he found shocking because he was waiting for a lashing he felt he did not rightly deserve but that was not her fault...she has had trying problems most likely, nothing he could fathom because there are just to many things that could make one so defensive. but he posture and tone of voice changed to something completely different,"That book...I've been-" Was he hearing desire? No this was more then desire for knowledge but something very important. Desperation maybe. She recomposed herself again. "May i ask for what purpose you have that book." he question was sharp like a professor asking him if he had hidden something illegal in his pocket. Reed, is a very patient man, often collected but something about this girl struck him as off. He didnt know what but he decided to play the ignorance card. "I found it interesting, and so i read it. If you want it...its yours. He handed it to her. Her hands plucked it from his and looked at the cover. He placed the books that fell when he fell back into place as if he always knew where they belonged and he looked to her. "Have a good day and happy reading." he finished and turned around and began to walk out of the curse and hex section till another book caught his eye and he couldn't help but pull it out and study its contents. As he began to read he forgot all about the confrontation.

124u6mu.jpg

[Hogsmeade; Outside of the inn]

"U-Um..yeah. I'm okay. S-Sorry about that. I'm clumsy sometimes."

The girl apologized sheepishly her cheeks a slightly flushed as she looked up to him again. Again his eyes as August wondered whether there was something wrong with his face that she should be staring at him. "Ah…" he nodded, hoping that the girl was soon to let go and straighten up. She wasn't heavy, however the grounds were still slick of the ice and August wasn't planning on falling down because of the unusual balance that was holding them up. One snowball and one child could run them over and they were on the cold and hard ground. A fact he rather avoided seeing as he was already freezing without his but touching the ice.

Nonchalantly he would look back into the eyes of the girl, blue of colour, but nothing out of the ordinary. Just that she was still leaning on him, either forgetting to stand up or taking her time to do so. It earned the girl a little sigh from the male as he turned his eyes away, to the sky as in a silent plead when she casually strolled over to the next question, asking for his name. In all honesty he wasn't up for a conversation now, wanting to return to Hogwarts as soon as possible and warm up inside of the library. "August Yilmaz." He mumbled, as he took a step back, his hands sliding off to her forearms as he pushed her back. If she wasn't to stand on her own he might as well force her to do so. "You can stand right?" he stated, confident that the girl didn't twist anything with her little slip. Again his eyes wandering over into the crowd hoping to see a friend that accompanied the girl.

He wasn't sure who he was looking for, not too sure who this girl was as the only hint was her scarf. The colours of Gryffindor wrapped around her, keeping her warm. However there didn't seem to be anyone around that was waiting for her to catch up. As if she had been on her own and that made the situation a slightly more difficult to escape from than August
initially had thought it would be. A slight frown appeared on his face as the male was still scanning around the area, fruitlessly and thus giving up and instead trying to look for an excuse. Returning his gaze back at the girl he retreated his arms from her shoulders, slowly as to make sure she wasn't to fall immediately after he let go. However he deemed it to be unlikely for the girl to lose balance while standing still, given that she certainly didn't look like the type who forgot where their feet were located. "Don't you've friends waiting?" He asked carefully, hoping that she was to answer positively and leave him in a hurry.

Last edited:
24dndic.jpg

|| Hogsmeade: Outside Three broomsticks Inn ||

Madi had been so caught up in his eyes that she wasn't even thinking about how he was observing her. She heard a sigh escape his lips that brought her to her senses, but it was still a couple seconds too late.

"August Yilmaz." He answered as he took a step back, his arms sliding to her forearms.

This movement of course forced Madi to relinquish he hold on August's arms. This movement was a wake up call to Madi. She felt stupid. It was obvious by his body language that he didn't desire to be here longer that he must be.

"My name's Madison Van Reeden. Everyone calls me Madi though. Nice to meet ya."

Here Madi was acting like a nut case starring at the guy like something strange was on his face. Madi mentally cursed to herself about this. Madi was feeling better, much more like her usual self and less embarrassed.

"You can stand right?" He asked.

Bam. That was another hit. That question only set her thoughts in stone. He did want to get away. Madi was so dumb. She should've been able to read his signs earlier but nope she had fallen victim to her weakness.

"Yes I can stand. Thank you." Madi said quietly.

Madi was feeling really awkward in this moment. He wasn't saying anything and neither was she. Which was surprising because Madi always has something to say. How had she gotten herself in this situation again? Oh yeah, she was being a creep and starring at August for no reason other than his eyes were pretty.

"Don't you've friends waiting?"He asked.

Madi had been looking at the ground, cursing her feet for losing balance when he asked this question. Madi looked up trying to find Rosie. But she was no longer where she had left her. Madi pouted a little. She had gone on further leaving Madi alone. She looked back at August and tapped her index finger to her chin.

"Uh..seems like my friend left. No worries though, I know where she is. I think." Madi said with a little laugh as she brought her hand to the back of her neck.

Well great. Madi was stuck in an awkward position.

Last edited:
msotv8.jpg

[Slytherin Dungeon - Peter and Jayden's Room]

At first, Peter wasn't sure if Zoey would respond well to the hug and he was half expecting to get pushed onto the floor. The French boy was caught by pleasant surprise when the girl slowly pulled him in closer for a good while. Hugs were pleasant, but hugging Zoey was something else entirely because she seemed to be enjoying him as much as he was enjoying her. Peter felt like he could indulge in such behavior for a long time, and do even more exciting things if his roommate and friend weren't in the room. Then again, thinking about Zoey's tie lying somewhere on the bed still, Peter decided that he had likely experienced enough excitement for now.

Zoey soon shoved him back gently, but Peter was satisfied. The girl seemed much calmer now and maybe the conflict could cease escalating for a while. Peter watched as Zoey straightened out her uniform but saw that she failed to notice that the top few buttons of her shirt were still undone. He decided he ought to eventually do something about it rather than just enjoy the view.

"So snake 1, 2 and 3. How exactly do you three plan on getting me out of here? I can't imagine ever forgiving any of you for getting me in trouble and forcing me to miss my trip to Hogsmeade." Peter was thinking about smuggling the girl out with his magically expanded trunk, but that option seemed pretty inconvenient and uncomfortable. Jayden knew the inner workings of the place better than he did, so Peter decided that he would consult with his roommate on the matter before shoving the girl he liked into a metal trunk. He turned to his roommate and asked him, "Do you know any way we can get Zoey out of here unseen?" Peter was sure Jayden would think up something to, at the very least, keep himself out of trouble.

When Peter thought about what Zoey said regarding Hogsmeade, he considered asking her to show him around there. Now she was looking straight at him again. "Berlioz you really should go to the infirmary. I'd hate to see that get infected or go uncured. That is my hand work after all."

Peter walked up to the girl and decided that this would be as good a time as any to ask her out. He made eye contact and said, "Don't worry, I'll have it checked out as soon as I can. But after I do that" Peter started to feel a little nervous and he was beginning to blush quite a bit now. He needed to do something with his hands to deal with the nervousness and keep his voice steady. So without breaking eye contact, he started redoing the buttons on Zoey's shirt, "I want you to accompany me on a date to Hogsmeade." Peter finished fixing his own handiwork and gave the girl an endearing little smile.​

tumblr_n12g8ploD21rrfopko1_500.jpg

[Library]

As she anxiously waited for a reply to her question, she tried to think up other ways to get the book from him. But all the solutions she thought up were too tedious or outrageous. Then he replied confidently, "I found it interesting, and so I read it. If you want it...it's yours." The change of tone stunned her, he seemed to have seen right through her. Had she been that easy to read? She didn't know who this guy was, but there was something odd about him. No matter how she flipped out on him he remained calm, it was like he knew her for her entire life and knew what to expect from her. He intrigued her, yet made her afraid, and still set her nerves aflame. Who was this Reed guy?
A million feelings turned to one as he leisurely handed her the book she so desperately wanted. She tried not to seem too excited as she grabbed it from him. She examined the cover closely. It wasn't too special; a regular brown book that looked only a little worn. The longer she held it the more doubts clouded her once strong faith in the piece. She'd read most of the books in this section and none of them came up with an answer, why should this one be any different? It didn't even look very promising. If it were older and really beat up, then maybe there would be some ancient cure hidden within. But that was not this book. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed Reed placing his books back on the shelf. He was barely looking, yet he placed them all in their correct spot effortlessly. It was clear to her that he was familiar with this section of the library and probably many others.

Then a thought ran across her head. This guy was obviously smart, he was in Ravenclaw for a reason. She couldn't pretend to know him, but she could tell he had quite an infatuation for literature and knowledge. He'd probably read books outside of the Hogwarts library about curses and hexes, so it was a possibility that he could know a thing or two about her problem. Mid thought the boy cut in with a final farewell, "Have a good day and happy reading." He smiled at her charmingly and then turned to leave the section. His last words left her breathless. Was he leaving? She panicked a little. All her rules ran across her head as she tried to figure a solution. She was desperate for an answer and maybe today was the day. She couldn't risk a friendship, but could she risk a possible answer? She was ready to call his name when he stopped, noticing a book. His green eyes glimmered as he picked it from the shelf and opened it. It seemed like as soon as his eyes hit the page he was absorbed in a completely different world and no one else existed. She would've taken a moment to admire his passion, if she wasn't so nervous. She was saved; but now she had to figure how to go about asking for such assistance.
She watched him, making sure he wasn't going anywhere. She prepped herself in her head, counted to ten, took slow breathes. She swore she felt like a child compared to this seventh year who resembled a wise old man. She didn't like it. Finally she built enough nerve to confront him. He towered over her as she walked up behind him. She cleared her throat to try and grab his attention, but she knew it wouldn't work with the position she was in. She re-positioned herself at his side and cleared her throat harder. She straightened herself and did her best to speak confidently, "Y'know, it was a rude thing to knock me over like that." She hadn't meant to bring the entire incident up again, but it was all she could think to say at the moment. "Luckily for you, there's a way to redeem yourself. You see, I'm in need of assistance and I believe you have the skills to help me."

OOC: @Darkneko01 & @VocaStar.

Okay guys, I decided to step in a bit in here before someone else does. I'm not sure if you guys have agreed on over this or not... But if you've not, it's worse.

You're godmodding each others characters, and blatantly foreshadowing each others reactions without the others consent, forcing the other to write his/her characters reaction in the next post as it was stated in the previous one. Please stop that.

Examples;

DarkNeko01: Her hands plucked it from his and looked at the cover.

VocaStar: His eyes tore themselves away from the page and met hers expectantly.

About godmodding;
-It can be killing or injuring a character without the player's express permission.
-It can be when they simply can't be hit and dodge all attacks or anything for this matter aimed at them.
-It can also be using other characters that other people RP with. In other words, if you do not RP as
Legolas, then you cannot have Legolas say anything, or do anything, without the player's express permission.

-- Urban Dictionary

These are little, but it's still considered godmodding and we do not tolerate it in here. We're not cool with it, so I decided to say this before it gets out of hand. If you have situations which require the other characters reaction, leave their reaction unwritten, overall vague or stop the post there to wait for one. Until the counter player has written the reaction, you're not allowed to write about it. You are not in control of the character that you have not created, or that is not a NPC. Now, this is unless you have the permission from each other. To avoid messages like these I'd like to you to post an OOC note in the RP post, in the beginning or to the end of it, where you tell about the permission to reach out and control over the character a bit, and then we're cool. Then you won't get frowns from me, or my co-mods.

Also, DarkNeko01 I believe I have stated that the posts need to be at least two paragraphs long before. Please follow that rule. You can simply create two paragraps by inserting more spaces in here and there, which also makes your posts easier to read when they aren't in one massive chunk. Please pay closer attention to this.

Now, I do hope that both of you understand that this message is not meant to be mean or anything in between those lines. Yes, I am scolding you, but in a way that I hope that it turns into learning from ones mistakes and avoiding doing them in the future. This message is also public so every other players in this RP will understand to avoid this, and so forth. Otherwise, carry on as you were. You're doing good.

Cheers, I have spoken.

acvi90.png

Status
Not open for further replies.