High School Sweethearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lacrosse31aspen

~ Welcome to Brighton High School ~
bhs-for-web.jpg

SUMMER
My body shivers as I hug Morgan, I wave her off to class and begin to quickly rush to my own class. English. I sighed as I knew I would probably be late to class. I wave to a few of my friends, stopping here and there just to say hi or chit chat quickly. I hear the bell, "Damn it." I slip a curse under my breath as I fast-walk down the hall. My mind flashes back to Morgan, glancing down to my phone to check for any texts or snaps. Nothing. I sigh and continue, finally getting into class as a few other late kids shuffle in. "Sorry Mrs. Rawle." I mumble as I move to take my seat. I glance up and soon see a new girl. She's pretty, and seems different. But not the kind I would probably get to know real well. Maybe just okay friends, at least for the class. Although, I do love showing people around... my mind continues to make up excuses to try and approach the girl. I finally make it to my seat. She is sitting right next to me. I don't know why but my heart beats up. I start to blush a little but still try to look badass. Now all I want is to get her attention... make her notice me. I open my mouth to talk, but soon our teacher begins talking. I half heartedly listen to everything she begins to say, until she begins to talk about the new girl. Lex? I try the name out silently to myself after the teacher announces who the new girl is and a few other small facts. But all I can think about is her name, and this invisible pulse and how I am so easily drawn to her.

Lex
I lean back in my chair pretending not to notice the cute blonde that just walked into the room, silently hoping she'd end up in the empty seat next to me. who wouldn't want to sit next to her? I try to ignore her when she sits down but can't help smiling at my luck. Shifting slightly in my seat I manage to get out a "Hey-." before I'm cut off by the teacher. What was her name again? Mrs. Raw? Whatever, maybe one of the other students will say her name before I have to. I can hear the other students begin to whisper to each other as Mrs. Raw introduces me, all of them curious once they hear I'm from New York. Great, I wonder what aspiring actors I'll bump into.

SUMMER
After class finally begins and the teacher moves on, she has to go out of the room for some reason. Not like I really care what that is, it just gives me an excuse to finally talk to lex. As soon as the teacher leaves the room all the students begin to speak. I turn to Lex, trying not to look to eager. I give it another minute, before finally looking over at you. "So New York?.... Thats pretty cool, what brings you to boring Utah?" I say as I look over to you. My heart beating, but trying to keep my cool.

Lex
She spoke to me first, weird, usually I have to make the first move or I end up the loner. I finally turn to look at her and I freeze, she's gorgeous, more so than any girl who would've spoken to me back east. I can feel my heart beat pick up the longer I stare, ugh I have to say something before she gets weirded out! "Uh it's not that boring, I kind of feel like I'm on tv. This place is way nicer than any school I've been to back in the city. My uncle actually got stationed out here so here I am." I chuckle nervously, trying desperately to stop the blood from rushing to my cheeks. "So how about you, come here often?" Oh god, here come the terrible jokes, one of the many reasons people never speak to me.

SUMMER
I notice her staring for a moment. Unsure of why she is staring. Oh god, theres something on my face? or in my teeth? Ugh what if I am so ugly? I feel like crawling out of my skin, the mere thought of embarrassing myself in front of this new girl makes my heart race. And why does it? I've felt this before... in a way... but not quite like this. I stop my thoughts as I finally hear Lex speak. I smile slightly, loving the honesty and that I might be able to have a genuine conversation with this girl. I shrug, "Nah not really. I'd rather ditch class than be here." I smile joking back, even though it is more true than not. "How long have you been here? Utah I mean. Ever been here before?" I try to keep my cool, but I can't stop staring at Lex's beautiful features. Her chin, her nose, her hair, and god those eyes are beautiful. It takes all my strength not to reach over and pull her closer, to feel that silky hair. And touch her beautifully flawed skin.

Lex
I watch her fidget, she's nervous. Funny, when she walked in she seemed almost regal, like nothing could phase her. I look her over again, really taking in her features this time. I try to take in as much as I can, who knows if she'll ever speak to me again. Her long blonde hair, the cute mole on her cheek, the small wrinkles in her forehead every time she furrows her brow, her deep grey eyes, the way her lips curl into a smile when she speaks, she's beautiful. I mindlessly play with my ear as I take it all in snapping out of it when she speaks. "Ah so you're gorgeous and a bit of a rebel, good to know." I grin, trying to hide how nervous I am. Did really just say that?? Fuck, I should be more careful. "Uh about a month? I was suppose to start classes about a week ago but my last school was a little slow with the paper work. Nah I haven't been to Utah before but I've seen a little of it on tv. You're not gonna try and make me convert are you?" I laugh hoping she doesn't think I'm serious.

SUMMER
I try to hold in my blush, but I can't help it when she compliments me. I keep my composure cool, hoping she doesn't notice how incredibly nervous I am. She seems like a cool friend, but... for some odd reason I want more than that. But I can't, its wrong. Right? I wrestle with my emotions but continue to listen to her speak. Loving her deep voice, its almost calming and beautiful in a way. I laugh and shake my head, "Nah I won't convert you. But you better watch out for the other 90% of this school who will." I smile and look away for a moment. Trying not to be awkward but failing miserably. "So... Do you play any sports? Or are you interested in like, SBO or anything like that?" I ask trying to keep things light. Mainly just so I can stop blushing and trying to find an excuse to hangout or walk her to class or something.

Lex
"I played a little football back in grade school, mainly QB but sometimes coach would let me play defense, it was a nice excuse to beat up the boys." I laugh nearvously. "I was going to try out for soccer and and lacrosse in middle school but I was the only kid who signed up so they cut the program. I would have tried to talk other people into doing it but when you're one of the biggest losers in school it's a little difficult. Back in he city everyone is more interested in baseball or basketball so I'd just hide out under the bleachers and watch some of the games." I can feel my face turning red. "Oh! I did get to fence a little at my last high school." I sit up a little straighter and run my hand through my hair trying to look cool. "Don't hate me but what's SBO?"

SUMMER
I listen carefully, my eyes lighting up once you say lacrosse. I wait for you to finish speaking, continuing to smile and listen. "Did you say Lacrosse?" I move my hair to show you my letterman jacket. "I love lacrosse, I've been playing for almost 7 years now. I love the sport, almost more than anything else." I laugh nervously. Then realize I forgot to answer your question, "Oh, SBO is the Student Body Presidency. So basically they are the ones in charge of fundraisers and school events and assemblies and stuff like that. I've thought about running for it, but I don't think I would have the time. Plus I don't care enough." I laugh and jump slightly as the teacher comes back into the room, she has a bunch of papers and begins to hand them to the students as everyone quiets down. I wish I didn't have to stop talking to lex, she is fun and I want to get to know her. I sigh grabbing the paper and passing others behind me. Its a paper about our final project? Already? The new Trimester started just a few weeks ago. I sigh again and quickly read through the paper for more information. An English project. I smile as I continue to read and get excited. Projects are just my thing. I see that we also have to have a partner, and suddenly Mrs. Rawle begins to read out instructions, and then begins to tell everyone their group partners. 'Summer and Lex' I smile and look over to Lex, "Oh, and I'm Summer."

I watch as she brushes her hair aside, my heart skipping a beat as I resist the urge to reach my hand out and run my fingers through her hair. Ugh she's so cute. I bite my lip as I look her body over trying not to stare too long, loving the way she speaks. I laugh with her then jump slightly when the teacher walks back into the room. Total buzzkill, we were actually having a pretty good conversation. I grab a sheet and read it over, rolling my eyes. Great, a partner project. I wonder who I'll be stuck with. 'Summer and Lex.' Huh, Summer, sounds cute. I can't help smiling from ear to ear when I hear the girl next to me speak up again. She's summer, this day just keeps getting better. I bump her shoulder with mine. "Looks like you're stuck with me for a while."

SUMMER
I smile as I look over to Lex when she bumps me, my heart stopping as soon as I see her eyes. Her beautifully sea green eyes. It takes all my power not to lean closer, unsure of why I want to. No, I know why I want to. I just can't admit it to myself. I can't want to move closer. I keep a smile on my face, "Looks like I am."

Time Skip to the end of class

I finally realize class is over once I hear the bell, I totally forgot to check my phone to see if Morgan had texted or snapped. I never forget... I grab my phone and put all my stuff aways as I quickly shuffle through the people and out the door, until I remember a certain someone. I turn back and see Lex still putting her stuff away. I panic, unsure of what to do. I always walk Morgan to class. But Lex is new... She may need help finding a class... before I have time to decide I hear Morgan, 'Hey, Cmon we are gonna be late. I think I have a Substitute today so you can just come in class with me.' I smile at her, my heart skipping, but those green eyes can't leave my mind. I want nothing more than to turn back and go talk to Lex some more. But I keep my pace with Morgan, going to class.

(I will code the sentences if it isn't dialogue from me)

Last edited:
Lex
I sigh relieved when I hear the bell go off. Maybe I can talk Summer into walking me to my next class instead of asking a random student. I start to pack up my things and turn to summer but when I do I see her frantically getting her things together. I watch her check her phone then run off, merging with the sea of students. I finish packing up and sling my bag over my shoulder, sighing heavily when I look back and up and she's gone. I glance at my schedule then quickly crumple it up and stuff it in my pocket. I ask Mrs. Rawle to point me in the right direction, she wishes me luck and sends me on my way. Well here goes nothing, finally make it into the hall and manage to spot Summer in the crowd with another blonde. Is everyone out here blonde and attractive? Must be the mountains. I watch them for a moment debeating on whether or not to approach them. I go against it then realize they seem to be walking towards the same place. Maybe my streak will continue and I'll end up in the same class as Summer. I smile at the thought of getting another chance to talk to her again. I watch them both turn into a room, yep, looks like we have another class together. I walk in, look over and see them still sitting together. I can't help but be disappointed and jealous but I shrug it off and introduce myself to the teacher. After a bit of small talk the sub instructs me to take a seat anywhere. I scan the room quickly and notice a few empty chairs, one's pretty close to Summer and her friend but I decide not to get too close. I don't really look like I fit in with her crowd but I can sure as hell try. I lean back in my seat and pull out Room by Emma Donoghue, trying to read a little while students still work their way into the room.

SUMMER
I talk with Morgan about our plans for the rest of the day. We have to coach after practice and then we have team bonding. Morgan groans over the thought of team bonding, while I smile and am excited. We continue our chit chat until I see the familiar brunette walk in. She's so pretty, and cute, and seems so geeky all at the same time. I try not to stare, terrified if she sees me. I move a bit farther from how close I am to Morgan, seeing a few empty desks. Hoping she comes towards me. I watch her but try to be sneaky about it, glancing every so often. Acting like I want nothing to do with anyone, except Morgan. But for some reason I can't take my eyes off this new girl. I turn back to Morgan and continue to talk, as a few other lacrosse girls walk in and sit with us. We all begin talking, but I can't help but sneak glances at Lex. The sub begins class by naming off everybody's names. But of course she doesn't notice that I'm not on the roll. I smile and continue talking with the girls and the sub begins a movie. Everyone seems pretty into their own thing and just talking with friends. But again I catch myself stealing glances at Lex, wanting to go talk to her.

Lex
I try desperately not to look over at Summer, my jealously growing stronger. Ugh I just wanna talk to her. Frustrated I set my book down and pinch the bridge of my nose. My phone buzzes, text. I pull it out of my pocket, wondering who would be texting me. 'I miss you, babe.' My chest starts to ache so I shove my phone back in my pocket angrily, never bothering to respond. I look over at Summer and her friends, all still engaged in their conversations, probably about all of their boyfriends. I start to play with my pen, twirling it between my fingers until it launches towards Summer and her friends. Embarrassed I suck in a deep breath and walk over to them, being careful not to stare too much but I can feel their eyes on me. Oh well, here goes nothing. "Hey, you're not following me are you?" I smile and pretend this is the first time I've noticed her in class.

SUMMER
I listen as everyone talks about random things, we all laugh at different stupid jokes or things they see on Instagram and twitter. But all I can think about is Lex. I continue to keep my back turned to her, hoping that if she's 'out of site, she will be out of mind as well.' I laugh at one if Nici's terrible jokes, and then everyone turns or looks up, so I follow and see Lex standing right there, I laugh and shake my head as she speaks. But my heart screams at me to just be closer, invite her to sit. "Haha no I am not. I guess you've got class with these dorks. They are some of my friends, we all play Lax together." Everyone gives a warm welcome, the team has always been pretty nice to other people. "This is Lex, she's new here. From New York." Everyone says hi and introduces themselves as I nervously sit there waiting. Wishing I could just go off on my own and talk to Lex. "So you're from New York? Thats cool, have you ever been to Juliard? Its my dream." Morgan blurts out. I smile at Morgan, knowing just what a beautiful voice she has. I turn back to Lex, "Morgan has an amazing voice. She is in the top choir club here, and is one of the soloists. I definitely think she can get in to Juliard." I turn back to Morgan as she smiles at me, my heart slightly melting.

Lex
I stick my pen behind my ear as the girls introduce themselves. They seem nice enough, not really my crowd but nice. I smile at the group and chuckle softly, my eyes always making their way back to Summer. "That's awesome! Yeah I use to hang around juliard a lot when I was a kid, my abuelo was a janitor there for a while. He use to let me sit in on a few of the students practicing while he cleaned." I smile proudly, thinking fondly of my grandfather. "It's an amazing school, I actually have a friend who's applying there. I'd love to hear you sing sometime, I'm sure you've got some killer pipes." I run my fingers through my hair, one of my many nervous habits. I grin at the group, hoping I'd peaked their intrest.

SUMMER
I widen my eyes as I hear Lex talk. Damn this girl is pretty badass! I smile and look at Morgan as she is really impressed. "Thanks, but they aren't that great. Im still working on technique and other stuff." Morgan goes back to her phone. Texting her boyfriend I'm sure. I sigh as I see the name Spencer appear on her screen. I roll my eyes and huff frustrated, and see the smile on her face. The smile I wish I gave her, the happiness I wish I could give her. I could be so much better than Spencer. I run my hand through my hair, the group all going back to their phones. I look back at Lex, "So how do you like Brighton so far?" I ask with a small smile.

Lex
I shrug nonchalantly "Nah, I'm sure you're being modest. I was really into the local music scene back in the city, I've bumped into some pretty terrible vocalist and some pretty amazing." I can see our conversation is reaching its end when all except summer get lost in their phones but summer wasn't, her eyes were somewhere else, Morgan. My heart aches, for more reasons than one. I recognized that look on her face, I've been there...I try to jump in and try to brig summers focus back to me. "Hey, uh Summer." I hesitate but only for a moment to gather my thoughts."I was wondering if you wanted to grab a bite to eat, maybe talk about our project? I just got here and wasn't really expecting one to be thrown at me so suddenly. Mind if I pick your brain a little, kind of see where we both are?"

I look aimlessly to the ground, annoyed at Morgan. I jump slightly as Lex begins to speak to me, I was so lost in thought. I smile at the thought of hanging out with her. "Sure, I would love that... uh, like that. I would like that, it would be nice to get started instead of procrastinate..." I try to save myself, mentally slapping myself. "When would work for you? I have practice right after school, and then I have to coach with Morgan, and then coach another team, so I should be done around 8? Im basically free anytime after then." I say with a smile. My mind completely forgetting about Morgan.

Status
Not open for further replies.