High School Sweethearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lex
Wow, is all I can think as I watch her speak, loving the way her lips move. I wonder if she's ever even kissed a girl. If she were Christian or chatholic, most likely, but she's my first Mormon so who knows? "I was thinking lunch but yeah dinners perfect!" I grin, shocked but excited, my heart races. "Coach huh?" I chuckle "That's pretty cute." Openly flirting now. "Just tell me when and where, I'll meet up with you once you're free."

SUMMER
I smile and blush as you speak, and I pick up on the flirting. She is flirting right? Maybe she is just being friendly... and maybe I'm just reading into things. Somewhere back in my heart I know thats not true, I hope she really is flirting, even though I know its wrong. I laugh and shrug, "I love Lax, I hate kids, why not be a coach?" I mentally hit myself for trying to make stupid jokes. "Hmm I know a fun place that would be great for dinner and to just talk. About our project of course." I laugh nervously for a second, trying to compose myself. I've never been this nervous before! Not even with Morgan. "Here" I move closer, leaning in slightly. My heart racing. I grab the pen from your hair, feeling how soft and silky it is. She's beautiful, is the first thought in my mind. I grab your hand, feeling my heart skip a beat and it feels like sparks are flying. I smirk and write my number on your hand. Holding it a few seconds longer than really needed. Then push the hair behind your ear and place the pen back on your ear. I move my eyes back to yours, taking everything to not lean in and kiss you. Wait... I can't wan that, no. no no no no. I just like her, as a friend. Nothing more. Just like Morgan.

Lex
I laugh along with her, she's too adorable not to. "Oh yeah, where would that be?" I hold my breathe when she reaches out her hand, taking the pen from ear. Her thumb brushing against my cheek lightly, I shut my eyes for a second and bite my lip, resisting the urge to turn my head slightly and kiss it, not caring who noticed. My heart races as I watch her scribble, the pen tickling as she presses it into my skin ever so gently. I smile when I realize it's her number, I laugh relieved I didn't have to outright ask in the middle of class. I would much rather have asked her out in private. Wait, is this a date? Is it? I'm probably just overthinking it just like everything else. I lick my lips and remind myself to breathe this time as she tucks the pen back behind my ear.our eyes meet and my heart stops for moment, her eyes, they're bluer than they were last period. Not a drastic change but enough for me to notice the birthmark in her eye even more than before, she's beautiful. I exhale slowly as she leans back. Running my fingers through my hair, I joke "I can't believe I got a date my first day here." Quickly I add, with a small chuckle and smile "I'm kidding, I'll text you later and we can work out the details. Nice meeting all of you, see ya!"

Time skip to the end of school.

I quickly gather all of my things and rush outside to meet my godmother, eager to get home and get ready for tonight. "Hola nena, how was it? Oh my gosh I hope you had a good day! You look like you did, tell me all about it!" I laugh at how cheery she is, I don't think I've ever seen her down since she married Michael, I love seeing her so happy. "Hi titi, yeah it was great. I think I may have made a new friend-" She cuts me off excited "Really?! Oh honey I knew you would!" She pinches my cheek and I laugh as I seat her hand away then fill her in on the thus far.

TIME SKIP
I get to practice 15 minutes early, per the usual. I quickly change into my lax clothes and begin to stretch. All the girls begin to show up and repeat their own routines. Soon the coaches get here and we are already running. January is conditioning month, so there isn't much that we do besides workout basically all of practice. Per the usual we do some conditioning, I can't take my eyes off of a lot of the girls. But one in particular. I love watching the way her blonde hair flows like a river of gold in a pony tail. Or how perfectly fit her body is. I continue to crave her. I crave her everything. Attention, love, and so much more. But I find my mind drifting off to someone else. Lex. I can't take my mind off of her. She's so genuine and fun, and very humorous and gorgeous. But a date? Why did I want it to actually be a date? Why didn't I want to just keep this a friend thing? Why did my heart race, and my body tingle at just the thought of her. And touching her, why did that make my whole body shiver and spark. I never felt this before, not with anyone. Not with any boy. But why her? I shake my head and go back to focusing on lacrosse.

TIME SKIP
I wave goodbye to the last of the girls getting picked up by their parents. Tired, I finally put my lacrosse stuff away and begin to walk home. "Cant wait to drive." I mumble under my breath. I had to cancel plans with Morgan, something I rarely did, to go out with Lex. I smile as I look down at my phone, seeing an unknown number. Surely its you. I text, 'Hey, I just got done with Lax. Still down for dinner?' I smile and continue on my walk home, eager for the night.

Lex
My phone lights up with a text from Summer, I jump up from the couch surprised she's still willing to go to dinner. I reply 'yeah, of course! Did you need a ride or should I just meet you somewhere?' I send it before realizing uncle Mike hadn't come home yet so I still don't have a car, crap. I race downstairs to look for my godmother but am quickly stopped by Emily, my eight year old little sister. I don't have any blood connection to anyone in the house but it didn't matter, they all treat me like one of their own. "Oh my god Emmy, I'm so sorry, are you ok?" I pick her up and she happily wraps her arms around me. "Yeah I'm ok, no wait, you killed me!" She goes limp in my arms and I shake her a little, playing along as I continue to make my way downstairs, still searching for my aunt, finally finding her in the kitchen. "Hey titi, I think I killed Emmy so should I just find a box and leave her out front or?" I tickle her and she struggles not to laugh but of course, she fails in the end, bolting up. "No no I'm alive, it's a miracle!" I laugh and squeeze her gently before setting her on a bar stool. "Hey Lex!" I chuckle and smile at her, I always wanted a little sister. "Yeah cutie?" "Do you think we can make some more clay figures before bed?" She holds my hand and pouts, knowing just how to make me waiver but before I do my aunt jumps in. "Oh baby, your sissy can't tonight, she has a date!" My cheeks flush and I can't help but smile, still a bit unsure if this actually was a date, probably not. "A date? Is she pretty?? Is she coming here to play? When can I meet her?" Questions, one after the other. I'm pretty sure I can actually see her shaking with excitement. Oh wait, she is, I laugh placing my hands on her shoulders. "Woah woah woah, I feel like you're more excited about this than I am and I don't even know if it actually is a date." I look over at my aunt pleading with her to save me. "Ok Emmy, go wash up for dinner." Emily groans but quickly hops off the stool and runs to the bathroom. I sigh a bit relieved that the interrogation is over. "Do you need any money?" I smile and pull out my wallet. "No thanks, I've got that part covered. I do need something else though..." my voice trails off, too nervous to get it out but I have to. "Can I borrow the Jeep? I know I don't exactly have my license yet but my birthday is in four days and you've seen me drive, I'd be so careful and if I get caught I'll just say I snuck out and pay whatever fines out of my own pocket. Please titi? I would have asked you and tio together but he's not back from work yet and I really don't want to be late." I grab her hand and pout just as Emily had done to me moments ago. She laughs and hugs me tightly. "Aye nena, of course you can! You took a big step coming all the way out here with us and I'm glad you actually asked instead of just running off with the keys." I laugh nervously because it had crossed my mind...She grabs the keys and hands them over to me, smiling and a bit ready eyed. My godmother is a tad bit dramatic but I never get tired of it. "I'll talk to your uncle when he gets home, just make sure you're home before midnight." She smiles, kisses my cheek and sends me off. "Thanks titi, love you!" I run out the door and open up the garage.

SUMMER
I text back, 'Unfortunately I don't have a car. So if you could drive its would be great.' I sighed, wishing I was just 16 already. I quickly run home, and set everything down. I panic, seeing what 6 hours of lacrosse did to my appearance. I quickly put a sweatshirt and leggings on, and brush through my hair. Its all wavy from my braid. I quickly apply my regular make up on and put some perfume on. I hear another ding on my phone, 'here'. My heart skips as I run down the stairs, grabbing my purse. I go outside and smile, my heart continuing to beat rapidly. I widen my eyes slightly as I realize the car she's driving. Damn this girl Is cool. "Hey!" I say as I climb into the jeep. Running a hand through my hair I get situated in the car, and feel the blush crawling on my cheeks. "So just follow my directions, you'll see where we are going." I smile and stare for a moment, and then look back out the front window, trying no to die of awkwardness.

Lex
I smile at her as she gets in the car, my palms beginning to sweat as they grip the steering wheel. Ugh she's so cute but I have to be careful, I still don't know a thing about her and I'd rather not scare her off. I take in a deep breath trying to relax but all I can smell is her perfume and it drives my senses wild. "Hey, I thought you said you had practice, most people I know look completely trashed after practice." I try to make small talk and break the tension while I start the car back up and pull out, waiting eagerly for her instructions. I look over and catch her staring, I lick my lips and chuckle. "What's up? Do I have something on my face?"

SUMMER
My body freaks out being so close to her. I can't stop sneaking glances at her. I laugh as she speaks, rolling my eyes. "I do look completely trashed. 6 hours of lacrosse, and two of them having my hair in a braid and helmet doesn't leave me looking great." I smile and catch her lick her lips. I feel a rush go through me, a desire along with it. Why do I stare at her so much? Especially her lips? And why do my lips tingle everytime I see them? I groan frustrated with myself. I catch myself doing that more and more when I'm around her. I laugh shaking my head and blushing, "Oh no, no you don't. I mean unless you mean beauty then yeah thats all over your face." I blush profusely as I realize what I just said. I turn away and act like it was just a joke, or a friend thing. I mean what if she's not even in to girls? Or into me? My mind starts to panic again, for so many different reasons.

Lex
I laugh at her nervous compliment, is she actually flirting with me? "Thanks but you're just being sweet. Six hours of practice with a helmet on and you still look and smell great." I grin, trying desperately to get a read on her but this is Utah, not New York. "So do I get to know where it is we're going for dinner or?" I glance over again, noticing how tense she is. Great, I'm probably creeping her out. "Hey, are you ok? I know I'm the new kid and all but you really don't have to do me any favors, if you'd rather just talk in school that's cool too. I just thought we could get to know each other better..." I panic slightly, crap, how do I save myself from this one?? "Uh I just got here and don't know anyone and I dunno, you seemed cool. I can just take you home if you want." My heart drops a little, terrified of what she'll say.

SUMMER
Panic quickly rushes through my veins, "Oh no no no no, you don't need to take me home. Im just nervous I guess... I've never um.... been on a date with a girl.." I blush and realize again that my mouth just keep blurting out things. "I umm... I mean this isn't a date just um... I don't hang out with a lot of people.... I mean who aren't in lacrosse with me..." I try to save myself but fail miserably. "But I mean if you're uncomfortable I can go home." I put my hands in my face, trying to hide. "Sorry." I say panicking still.

Lex
A bit confuesed "Did you...want this to be a date?" My heart races in my chest, could she actually be interested or am I just getting my hopes up? I pull off and turn to her, pulling her hands away from her face gently, a sheepish grin on my face. "I mean no I'm not super fit and I'm kind of a total dork but if you were up for it..." I hesitate for a moment, trying to gather up the courage. "I think you're insanely cute Summer and I know we kind of just met today but I'd love to take you out sometime, on real date." I smile at her, hoping my bold move will pay off.

I keep my hands over my face, still frustrated and panicked. "I don't know what I want..." I mumble, groaning. I know what I want, I just shouldn't want it. I feel the car pull over, and I feet her hands on mine, I look up at her. My heart racing. "I don't care about those things, I just care about the person you are inside. I... I would like that.... but.... I've never even gone on a date with a boy. I don't know how I'm supposed to go out with a girl... its... its not right. but I keep getting these feelings. Ive had them for a while now... with someone else.. I... I really really like her. But its wrong.... I shouldn't... and I shouldn't like you, but I do." I feel tears starting to run down my cheeks. Oh gosh, this is the first day we've met and I'm crying. She probably thinks I'm so lame and crazy. Just some stupid Mormon girl who doesn't understand anything, or why god would make me this way. I continue to wrestle with my feelings. Fear taking over. "I just don't know whats right or wrong anymore... what I want and don't want...."

Lex
My heart sinks a bit, this wasn't exactly an answer I was expecting but I didn't get a no, that's gotta count for something, right? I sigh heavily as I think back to when I saw them together, Summer and Morgan...the way she looked at her, I know that look. I keep one of her hands in mine while the other pushes her out of her face. I feel terrible when I see the tears running down her face, quickly jumping at the chance to wipe them away. "Hey hey hey, it's ok, I'm sorry, ok? Whoever this girl is I'm sure she's great." I play dumb, not wanting her to feel any more vunurable than she already does. "I messed up and I'm really sorry, I'm just so use to girls back in the city. Everyone's so open back there, I never really stopped to think about what you might have been struggling with. Look...yeah I'm kind of disappointed I didn't get to you first because well, lets face it, you're beautiful." I chuckle nervously, tucking my hair behind my ear. "What you're feeling? It's ok Summer, really it is. There's absolutely nothing wrong with you, I promise, but if you don't believe me my godmothers a pretty good shrink if you'd like a second opinion but she's kind of pricy. Besides, you can just talk to me for free. I may not be able to take the pretty girl out but...eh, I'll get over it." I laugh again my cheeks burning "At least until you realize I'm basically you're knight in shining armor." I nudge her, trying to make her laugh "Seriously though, if you need someone to talk to I'm always free."

SUMMER
I smile at lex, realizing I might have just ruined my chances with her. Ugh I'm so bad at this dating thing. But I don't want to hurt her. At least not until I figure everything out with Morgan. I finally compose myself and finish the tears. Loving holding her hand, everything feeling so right. "Thank you Lex. Ive just had a hard time. Utah is really different. I don't even know how my family will take the news of me. And I don't want to disappoint my mother either. I just need to figure things out, I don't want to have to drag you through everything and all my problems." I hold your hand a little tighter, "But I would love to talk to you. And I don't want to lose my chances with you. I just need time. Thank you for understanding that." I smile, leaning in to kiss your cheek. It takes everything in me to keep my lips away from yours, to pull away. "Im sorry, I've just been a huge mess lately."

Lex
My body freezes up when she leans in, I want so bad to turn my head but I don't. Ugh she smells incredible. Did I seriously just friend zone myself?? I take in a deep breath, my chest shaking slightly when I exhale. At least it wasn't a total rejection. "No worries, I'm pretty patient." I grit my teeth and squeeze her hand gently "And hey, I know what it can be like so if you seriously need someone don't hesitate, ok?" I squeeze her hand one more time before letting go. "So uh, dinner huh? Where to?" Why am I always the second string love interest...

SUMMER
I smile at you, sighing when I feel you let go of my hand. Wishing I could just keep holding it. But maybe she isn't ready for this either? Ugh why are girls so complicated. I groan to myself before replying, "Oh yes, um just turn up here. We're almost there." I smile slightly, and stare at her for a moment longer. She's so beautiful, how could I have messed my chances up with her? Besides, Morgan has a boyfriend. its not like I would have a chance with her, plus she's way too pretty for me. I continue to flop back and forth with my feelings, and continue to feel my heart flutter with each glance at Lex.

I try not to let on how upset I really am, how badly I'd love to walk off and light a cigarette but I don't want to leave her. Besides, she's an athlete, she'd probably be pissed. Should I have turned my head and kissed her? No, she's got a lot going on right now, I shouldn't take it so personally but I can't help it, it hurts. I hear my phone begin to buzz from the cup holders between us. I glance over for a second and see Jennifer's name, my heart drops to my stomach. I grip the steering wheel tightly, praying it'll stop soon.

I try to stop thinking about the kiss. And how badly I wanted you to move your head. Ive never kissed anyone, but my heart races just thinking about kissing you. It normally scares me, but for some reason it feels so right when I'm with you. But she probably needs time. We both need time. I guess. I look down at the phone as it buzzes, I look up at you and see the disgust on your face. I see you grip the steering wheel. "You okay?" I ask, wishing I could take her hand and comfort her as well. "You know, this whole being here for me thing isn't just one sided. I want to be here for you too." I say with a smile.

Lex
Taken a back "Yeah uh, I'm ok." I laugh nervously "I really wouldn't want to stress you out with my problems but thanks." I watch the way your lips curl into a smile and can't help but smile back. I glance at the phone again, wishing it would just stop already. I try to take my mind off of it, taking deep breaths, soon becoming entranced by the smell of your perfume once again. "Hey summer? I just want to get this out so that there isn't any confusion," I turn on to main st, flashing a flirty grin at you. "Yes, I'm out, yes my family knows, yes they're pretty cool about it and yes, Im really into you."

SUMMER
I smile at you, hoping you would eventually open up to me. I turn my head back to the road, we're almost there. I look over at you as you call my name. I see that smile of yours and can't help but smile myself. I blush profusely, "Oh... I see..." I feel butterflies throughout my stomach, I love you way you look at me. I try to process everything. Here goes nothing, "Well if you're being honest, I guess I'll be honest too. I have no idea whats going on with me. Im so scared to really face what I feel. I like girls. And thats the first time I've ever said that. I have known ever since I became really good friends with Morgan. I think I love her. But I'm still terrified, I've never been with anyone, any gender. And I don't really know what love is. But. I really like you, and I dont want to lose my chances with you." I sigh, realizing I yet again said more than I meant to.

Status
Not open for further replies.