High School Sweethearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lex
My heart sinks. I didn't think you would admit you had feelings for Morgan so soon. Maybe I would have gotten you to change your mind before you ever actually said it out loud. I park the car, my smile waivering a bit "So Morgans my competition huh?" I try desperately to swallow the lump in my throat, hoping you won't notice how shaky my voice is. I shouldn't be this jealous, I just met you, but I am and it's killing me. "Any chance I get to take you out before Barbie does?" I look over at you smiling as I wait for your reply, not even stopping to think how desperate or upset I might sound. I don't know why I'm getting so competitive...that's a lie, I know exactly why. It's all Jennifer's fault...I don't want to admit it but I want to prove I'm better than her, better than Morgan, better than Candice. I quickly try to shake the thoughts away, refocusing on you.

SUMMER
I look down, noticing the way she just changed. She really does like me... More attention I think I've ever gotten, Morgan never cares this much. "Well aren't we going out right now?" I say with a smile. She really does care, I can actually feel it. I see the way her whole composure changes just because I mentioned Morgan. I smile, getting out of the car. I slip around the car and open your door, offering my hand to yours. "My lady," I say with a smile as I await you.

Lex
Confused, I watch you hop out of the car and run over to my side, smiling as you offer your hand. "Are you sure about this? I mean, I'm ok with being seen holding a pretty girls hand but, what about you?" I place my hand in yours, hoping you won't change your mind. I think back to earlier in the day when I saw you with Morgan and wonder if I'll get to make you smile the same way.

SUMMER
I smile as I keep my hand in ours, intertwining our fingers as we walk into the restaurant. We finally get situated at a table and I break off a piece of the bread. "I love bread, or literally anything with carbs. I would never be able to give it up." I say with a smile, slightly blushing as I notice you looking at me. "So, what's New York like?" I ask, accidentally slipping my foot across yours, another intense blush running across my face. Oh god, what if she thinks I'm trying to flirt with me feet? I'm so weird, what I doing? I continue to yell at myself, trying to hide my continuously blushing face.

Lex
My cheeks begin to ache from all the smiling. I follow right beside you, surprised at how bold you're being. "I've tried giving it up but it's way too hard, apparently a buttered roll and coffee was all my mom craved when she was pregnant. Well that and the occasional cheese burger." I laugh as I grab a piece of bread, trying not to stare at you too much but failing miserably. "Crowded." I chuckle nervously when I feel your foot run across mine, I do it back, trying to play it cool. "Uh it's really loud and something's always happening somewhere in the city, almost everyone is late for something. Uh I'm probably making it sound boring...is there anything you wanted to know specifically?"

SUMMER
My heart races as I feel you run your foot across mine. Ugh I wish I could just kiss her already, feel what it's like to slide my skin against hers. Wait, I shouldn't want that. I shouldn't think about that. I smile at you as I listen, "Well I've always been into film. I think it's what I want to go into, I've thought about New York but my heart lies in LA I think." I laugh. I slip my foot out of my shoe, slipping my foot across your leg. "Well Utah isn't much better. It's just full of a bunch of Mormons and way too many kids."

Lex
I smile as I listen to you speak then take in a deep breath and bite my lip as I feel your foot on my thigh. "I dunno, New York can be pretty cool if you've got a bunch of money but, and don't take my word for it because I haven't been there yet, I feel like LA would be way more exciting. I've always wanted to be that chill, laid back, bass playing, super cute beach babe badass." I laugh when I realize I'm rambling nervously. I grab your foot under the table, gently pushing it away then sliding closer to you, taking your hand in mine, my face slowly becoming bright red. "Is it really so terrible growing where you know a bunch of people?"

I smile as I listen, my heart racing and blood pumping. I smile, imagining you in LA. I blush profusely when you move closer and grab my hand, I bite my lip unknowingly. Moving slightly closer to you. "I mean, its fun sometimes. But it also gets boring cause there are too many mormons. You can't really be yourself." I say with a small smile, realizing more and more that I don't want to be like all those boring mormons. I slip my fingers between yours, intertwining them.

Lex
Smiling, I lean in close and kiss your cheek, whispering in your ear before pulling away. "You can always be yourself with me" I squeeze your hand a little, wanting desperately to pull you even closer, or back to the car where it'd just be the two of us again...I shake the thought from my mind, trying not to overthink things and enjoy the moment. My phone begins to buzz from my pocket but I ignore it knowing well enough who would be calling. "I swear I'm a lot more fun than this, I wasn't really expecting an actual date to happen with the gorgeous blonde from school. It just doesn't happen for me." I chuckle nervously "so uh was there anything you're in the mood for?" I glance at the menus beneath our hands.

I close my eyes as you kiss my cheek, imagining so much more. I bite my lip, imagining us. Ive never felt this before, this pull. This need. A pulsing inside me. I wish so much to turn my cheek and take that leap, to have that first kiss. But I hold back, and look back down to the menu. "Hmm well I was thinking of some pasta... I dont know. What do you think?" I smile looking back up at you.

Lex
I watch as you bite your lip and look away. I wonder how you'll react when I actually kiss you...I start to imagine what it'd feel like to grab your hips or push your hair back and just kiss you. Would you really kiss me back or am I just going after another bicurious straight girl? Because the last time worked out so well... I look down at the menu, a little overwhelmed. "Hmm well I'm pretty boring and a burger is like my go to thing but I do happen to have a local with me so any suggestions?"

SUMMER
I keep my eyes on you, watching as you look over the menu. I laugh, "Burgers are always good, although there are a lot of really good things here. I love the clam chowder." I smile as I look away, seeing the waiter coming over to us. I panic slightly, what if he sees us? Notices how close we are, our hands, everything... My heart beats, but as I think about all these scary thoughts, I think about how it doesn't really matter. Who cares? My family.... Whatever, they aren't here and they can't control me. I smile up at the waiter when he asks what we'd like. "I'll have some spaghetti. Light on the sauce please." I look over to you, waiting to hear what you get.

Lex
"Total myth, burgers are defiantly NOT always good!" I laugh and make a face when you mention clam chowder. I think back to when I'd hide out with my mom at some dark part of a night club I definitely shouldn't have been in and remember how excited she'd get when the huge seafood platter would make its way to our table. Clams didn't look appetizing back then and don't really sound great now but it couldn't hurt to try it. Right? I scrunch my face "Clam chowder? Really? Of all the delicious things in this world you choose clam chowder??" Completely sarcastic, I continue to joke with you "I knew there had to be something wrong with you!" I follow your gaze over to the waiter and watch as your body stiffens, hoping you won't pull away I squeeze your hand gently, trying to comfort you. I smile when you keep your hand locked with mine as you order and my heart starts to pound. "I'll have the calm chowder."

SUMMER
I laugh rolling my eyes, "Clam Chowder is good!" I smile as you order it. "Taking a leap? Wow, I'm impressed. If you dont like it ill let you have some of my spaghetti" I wink at you, the smile still huge on my face. I blush as the waiter walks away, moving even closer to you, keeping my eyes on you. My heart pounding. Why do I feel this way with you? I just met you, yet I feel like I've known you forever. I turn away again shyly. Thinking about all my scrambled feelings.

Lex
"Eh apparently I am. Any chance you know cpr? I might need it tonight." I laugh and blush when you wink. "Mmm I do love a good plate of spaghetti, as long as you throw in a piece of garlic bread and I'm in!" I watch you move closer and my mind starts to race the way it did in the car, your scent is intoxicating. I clear my throat and take a sip of water trying to gather my thoughts but I'm constantly distracted by your lips. "Uh so tell me more about L.A., what do you want to do? What's the big dream?"

SUMMER
I smirk, "as a matter of fact I do know CPR." I blush and look back down at the table, my mind and body rushing with excitement. You eyes are so beautiful, you smell insanely amazing, your hair shimmers so perfectly, gosh ours just perfect. "Haha I'll think about the breadsticks, pasta and bread are basically all I eat." I smile up at you, noticing that you're nervous. Oh god, what if I'm too close? What if I'm crossing boundaries? Ugh I've never done this whole flirting thing. I think for a moment before replying. "Well, I want to go into Film. So if all goes well then I'll become an awesome writer and director of an awesome tv show." I look back to you, "What about you? Any plans?"

Lex
I laugh and smile "So you're willing to kiss me to save my life but not give up a piece of bread??" The waiter comes back and sets our food down. I look into the bowl and it looks safe enough. "I thought you were a jock, now you're telling me you write too?" I chuckle not wanting to let go of your hand "I'd love to see something sometime, I practically grew up on nothing but television and a bunch of movies. I actually write a little too but it's just a bunch of poems and stuff, I can never actually sit down and write out a full fledged story, my mind thinks too far ahead and forgets that you need something to build on something instead of just a badass plot twist." What do I want to do? What can I do? "Uh I'm really not sure what I want to do. I really would love to travel and learn a bunch of new trades and skills but...I dunno. I really like working with my hands, maybe I'll just become an engineer or something." Crap, now what? She's probably thinking I'm a total loser with no plan and well, she wouldn't be wrong.

SUMMER
I blush thinking about kissing you. I can't help think just how willing I am to kiss you. I smile as you look down at the bowl nervously, I squeeze your hand. "I may be a jock but writing is definitely my passion." I roll my eyes laughing. "See my problem is thinking of awesome endings." I widen my eyes, holy cow this girl is smart. An engineer? she's going to think I'm the dumbest person around. "Engineering huh? Thats pretty cool, I wish I was smart enough for that. But thats super cool." I smile as I grab my fork, wondering if I should let go of your hand your not. I know I dont want to.

Lex
I chuckle surprised "Your passion, I didn't think I'd ever hear someone our age say they're passionate about something. It's refreshing and admirable." I smile at you then glance back at our food. "Eh I dunno, I really have no idea what's going to happen. I wish I was as sure as you are. So did you want to eat while it's fresh or are we going to hold hands all night? Not that I mind holding your hand that is! You have really soft hands and really long fingers" The blood rushes to my face once I realize what I'd said. I start to panic "Do you play any instruments? Like piano or something? Cause long fingers tend to have have a lot more reach so uh clearer chords?" My words are rushed and my heart feels like it's about to break through my chest, right on to the table.

SUMMER
I blush and smile looking down at the plates, "Thanks." I say. I look back up at you and laugh, quickly letting go of your hand and running it through my hair. I blush profusely as you continue, the smile still big on my face. I glance at my hands, "Yeah I do play instruments actually. I play quite a few. You play bass right? You mentioned that earlier. I think thats awesome, we'll have to play sometime. Id love to learn the bass." I blush, seeing how much you panic. I push your hair behind your ear, trying to comfort you. My hand lingers on your cheek a moment, before moving back to my plate. I twist the noodles on my fork and take a bite of the noodles.

Status
Not open for further replies.