Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps. Well, can't really go back on that now. Hmm...

Well, so long as everybody keeps in the spirit of RPing and doesn't metagame, we should be okay. I mean, in my case, I don't really need to worry much since Pandora would probably just announce her identity for the intimidation factor and El would probably just announce it because why the hell not, she's the toughest motherfucker in this war and she's happy for everyone to know it.

so, are the groups going to be stated or pmed or something?

Servant
[glow=#ff9a28]Servant[/glow]

31129336.jpg

[spoili]"I've suffered nothing but betrayal and misuse… abuse my power and you will face the brunt of it yourself."[/spoili]

[glow=#ff9a28]Title:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] Sword That Set The World Ablaze

[glow=#ff9a28]True Name:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] Laevateinn

[glow=#ff9a28]Possible Classes:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] Saber, Berserker, Caster

[glow=#ff9a28]Current Class:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] Berserker

[glow=#ff9a28]Master:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] ???

[glow=#ff9a28]Gender:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] host dependant

[glow=#ff9a28]Height:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] host dependant

[glow=#ff9a28]Weight:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] host dependant

[glow=#ff9a28]Weapon:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] Laevateinn, a blade that can change its size to fit the host's current physical capabilities.

[glow=#ff9a28]Armor:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] None [spoili]slowly alters the host's body to fulfill its needs[/spoili]

[glow=#ff9a28]Summoning Catalyst:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] a chunk of metal pulled from the sea, yet still hot to the touch; a piece of the poetic edda speaking of Laevateinn

[glow=#ff9a28]Stats:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]

[glow=#ff9a28]Strength:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] beginning values are host dependant [spoili]B[/spoili]

[glow=#ff9a28]Mana:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] beginning values are host dependant [spoili]C[/spoili]

[glow=#ff9a28]Endurance:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] beginning values are host dependant [spoili]D+[/spoili]

[glow=#ff9a28]Luck:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] beginning values are host dependant [spoili]C[/spoili]

[glow=#ff9a28]Agility:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] beginning values are host dependant [spoili]B[/spoili]

[glow=#ff9a28]Class Abilities:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]

[glow=#ff9a28]Mad Enhancement[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]

Rank E

The user does not receive the benefits of Mad Enhancement nor do they lose any of their reasoning abilities, and overall they just become a little rougher.

[glow=#ff9a28]Personal Skills:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]

[glow=#ff9a28]Wisdom Empowerment[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]

B

This skill is given to those who are empowered by others' wisdom. In the case of Laevateinn, it will grant to the servant complete telekinetic control over their weapon if the master is a wise one. (Laevateinn would probably rather use the blade normally in most situations though.)

[glow=#ff9a28]Noble Phantasm(s):[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]

[glow=#ff9a28]Sól Valtiva[/glow]

Anti-Unit Class (Anti-Fortress Class)

E - A+

[spoili]"Let's play a little game, shall we? Let's see if you can take the heat!"[/spoili]

This noble phantasm essentially brings into being the piece of the poem that states "the sun shines from the sword of the gods." It allows for the creation of an intense fireball, manifested jointly by mana and by the flame that burns within Laevateinn. The size and intensity of this phantasm depend on his master's mana. It can be extremely weak, hardly able to even qualify as a noble phantasm, or it can be extremely powerful. This phantasm's power can be slightly boosted by emotions such as rage and hatred.

Old Norse:
Sutr ferr sunnan
með sviga lævi:
skinn af sverði
sól valtiva.

English:
Surtr moves from the south
with the scathe of branches:
there shines from his sword
the sun of Gods of the Slain.

Some scholars have preferred a slightly different translation, in which the sun shines "from the sword of the gods". The idea is that the sword which Surtr slays Freyr with is the "sword of the gods" which Freyr had earlier bargained away for Gerðr. This would add a further layer of tragedy to the myth. (I'll be using this translation.)

[glow=#ff9a28]Nine Bounds Broken[/glow]
Anti-Unit
B+

[spoili]"With nine iron locks I was bound at Hel's abode. Therefore, for nine strikes more I shall be restrained, but then I will be sending you there myself!"[/spoili]

This noble phantasm essentially turns Laevateinn into a ticking time bomb. Its power output will be locked, unable to increase, though it may decrease, for nine strikes. After which, Laevateinn will lose sanity equivalent to Mad Enhancement Rank A and power output will increase drastically. All parameters go up two ranks. [Note: Nine strikes must connect with the opponent, their armor, or weapon, in order to count.]

Personality: Competitive, tends to try to turn things into a game. Overall, Laevateinn is rather childish, though it does thoroughly enjoy being around people who are wise and know what to do in tough situations.

[glow=#ff9a28]Alignment:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] Chaotic Neutral

[glow=#ff9a28]Likes:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] fire, warm places,basically any kind of heat, spicy food, wise people

[glow=#ff9a28]Dislikes:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] the cold, water, small confined spaces, ice cream, people who don't know what they're doing

[glow=#ff9a28]Wish:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow] None to speak of. [spoili]"A life of use by a wise master would probably be the most fulfilling thing for someone, no, something like me."[/spoili]

[glow=#ff9a28]Legend:[/glow][glow=#ff9a28][/glow]

(Laevateinn's history has a few holes, but I'll try here)

Laevateinn is the sword of the god Freyr. Freyr later bartered it off so that he could marry the female Jötunn Gerðr. At some point it was put in a chest, by Loki, down near Hel and secured with nine iron locks. It was later used by Surtr in Ragnarök to slay the god Freyr and destroy the world. Afterward, a new world would rise from the boiling sea and be repopulated by two humans that survived(Likely Norse equivalents of Adam and Eve.), and some surviving gods.

Alternative Servant
[glow=red]Servant[/glow]
qx1cwh.jpg

[glow=red]Title:[/glow] Burner of the World

[glow=red]True Name:[/glow] Surtr
[glow=red]Possible Classes:[/glow] Saber, Berserker
[glow=red]Current Class:[/glow] Berserker
[glow=red]Master:[/glow]???
[glow=red]Gender:[/glow] Male
[glow=red]Height:[/glow] 8' 10" ( cm)
[glow=red]Weight:[/glow] 312 lbs ( kg)
[glow=red]Weapon:[/glow] Laevateinn
[glow=red]Armor:[/glow] magma armor from the waist down, gauntlets, a single pauldron
[glow=red]Summoning Catalyst:[/glow] a chunk of metal pulled from the sea, yet still hot to the touch
[glow=red]Stats:[/glow]
Strength: [glow=red]A[/glow] [spoili]A++[/spoili]
Mana: [glow=red]B[/glow]
Endurance:[glow=red]A+[/glow] [spoili]EX[/spoili]
Luck:[glow=red]E-[/glow]
Agility: [glow=red]C[/glow]

[glow=red]Class Abilities:[/glow]

[glow=red]Mad Enhancement[/glow]

Rank D

Strength and Endurance parameters are up. Language ability is simple. Continuing complex thoughts over long periods of time are difficult.

[glow=red]Personal Skills:[/glow]

[glow=red]Ruler of Muspelheim[/glow]

A

This skill is granted due to Surtr being the ruler of Muspelheim, land of the fire Jötunn. It isn't a combat related skill. Rather, it grants him authority over other fire Jöttun, whether inside his reality marble or not. Of course, if they have been summoned irregularly (like Casters sometimes can), then a command seal can definitely overpower this skill.

[glow=red]Divinity[/glow]

B

Due to the Jötunn being the equivalent of the Greek/Roman Titans, they also have a high divinity level. However, due to being summoned as a servant, this skill has been ranked down to B.

[glow=red]God Slayer[/glow]

C

This skill is given to those who have killed a deity during life, it grants the attribute of anti-divine. Surtr killed the god Freyr during Ragnarök. However, since it was only one god, and because it was specifically stated that Surtr only won because Freyr had lost his "good sword, that swings itself if wise be he who wields it", the skill isn't very high in rank. A rank of C will grant him one plus modifier for every three ranks in divinity. (For this RP, that maxes out at one plus modifier for C-and-up rank divinity foes.)

[glow=red]Noble Phantasms:[/glow]

[glow=red]Sword That Set The World Ablaze: Lævateinn[/glow]
Anti-Army Class [spoili]Anti-World Class[/spoili]

A+ [spoili]A+++[/spoili]

As an Anti-Army noble phantasm, Lævateinn will release a large wave of flame, aiming to burn multiple targets to a crisp. However, it can be completely nullified by a magic resistance of A, while being weakened by lower levels of magic resistance. This is because the fire is manifested in a way similar to Dragon's Breath, a torrent of mana.

[spoili]The pinnacle of this sword's legend, its Anti-World version. This version is the realization of the result at the end of Ragnarök, flames that would engulf the entire world and afterward a new one would rise from the boiling sea. The flames of this variation are intense enough to make any servant who touches them suffer burns equivalent to at least an A rank attack. Though if any human were to touch them it is possible for their blood to boil, along with their flesh being burned and charred beyond recognition. Though as a precaution, some of Surtr's power has been sealed, he cannot destroy the world. He could only accomplish this with the grail. As a servant, he may only release this fire in a five mile radius. This noble phantasm requires a massive amount of mana, so it may not even be possible to use, depending on his master. His master is also shielded from the full force of this noble phantasm, though they may suffer from overheating anyway.[/spoili]

[glow=red]Twilight Of The Gods: Ragnarök[/glow]

Anti-Unit Class
EX

This noble phantasm is a reality marble. A complete reenactment of Ragnarök. Surtr takes the form of a true fire Jöttun, and is joined by an army of his kin. It also replicates the Aesir and Vanir gods, who will target the Jötunn. The Jötunn will target both the gods, and the targeted servant. The real danger for the enemy is not fighting head-on, but rather, getting caught in the crossfire. One doesn't have to defeat Surtr or the other Jötunn. They merely have to survive the duration of this reality marble. Depending on Surtr's master, this can last for up to 20 minutes. Additionally, all ties with fate are completely severed while inside. This does include even death. However, all effects of fate will immediately take effect upon the reality marble ending.

[glow=red]Personality:[/glow] Being a Berserker, Surtr's language ability is quite simple. His only real ways to express himself are through physical actions. For example, to an enemy who has earned his respect (whatever kind of respect you can expect from a berserker giant anyway), he might nod his head before proceeding to attempt to brutally murder the individual. To basically any worshipper of a deity, especially a priest or other important figure of a religion, he may just try to burn them and their place of worship to the ground immediately. Basically, he will probably try to kill anyone but his master and those he has been ordered not to harm.

[glow=red]Alignment:[/glow] Chaotic Evil
[glow=red]Likes:[/glow] power, destruction, victory
[glow=red]Dislikes:[/glow] the gods, worshippers of basically any given deity, "justice"
[glow=red]Wish:[/glow] The ultimate destruction of the gods.
[glow=red]Legend:[/glow]

Surtr is one of the more important presences in Ragnarök, the end of the world. During Ragnarök, the Jötunn invade Asgard, land of the gods, and a huge battle follows. Most of the gods will die, each fated to do battle with some monster or another. Surtr's particular fate is to struggle and finally kill the god Freyr, the original owner of the sword Laevateinn. It is explicitly stated that the only reason Surtr would win this battle is because Freyr no longer possessed the "good sword that swings itself if wise be he who wields it", Laevateinn.

At the end of Ragnarök, Surtr is to use Laevateinn to send out flames that will cover the entire world, destroying everything in its path, save for two humans who hide themselves in a certain forest, and a few surviving gods. After Ragnarök, a new Midgard, or Earth, is to rise from the boiling sea.​

Finally got this done. So I put my original alternative as the main servant, with my original as the new alternative. Just in case whoever gets paired with them likes it better. Also, for those of you wondering, yes I did just use Alibaba.

Edit: why do spoilers hate me? It won't go away ._.​

Last edited by a moderator:
At long last, it is here.

Noticing a lot of [Rank Help]s. Want a hand?

Yeah... as I've probably stated before, I'm no good at ranking. So yeah, help from an experienced person, like yourself, would really be appreciated.

Second of the three spoilers shows just the word servant.

I know that. Every time I fix it, it just comes back. I have no idea...

Heya, so I have a few questions.

1: Is there an Assassin spot open?
2: How are Master-Servant pairs being decided? I have a friend who is also interested in this thread and I was wondering if joining as a pair would be acceptable (with a catalyst for the summoning, obviously)

Well, master-servant pairs will be decided randomly, to keep things "fair".

Nine Bounds Broken sounds like B+, but it might be more. How drastically does his power raise?

Laevateinn (NP) looks like A+/A+++ depending on which "mode" it's in.

Ragnarok is... vague, in that I don't really get what it does, but it really sounds like EX.

Heya, so I have a few questions.

1: Is there an Assassin spot open?
2: How are Master-Servant pairs being decided? I have a friend who is also interested in this thread and I was wondering if joining as a pair would be acceptable (with a catalyst for the summoning, obviously)

To answer your first question, I think there's an Assassin slot open. The OP hasn't been updated in a while, but it looks like there's only one Assassin CS right now.

Well, master-servant pairs will be decided randomly, to keep things "fair".

To answer your first question, I think there's an Assassin slot open. The OP hasn't been updated in a while, but it looks like there's only one Assassin CS right now.

Hmm, gotcha. The Servant I had planned to run is kind of niche (Read:Bad) and I don't think I'd feel great about some poor unsuspecting Master getting stuck with that circus of mediocrity because of an unlucky draw. I may still join, but I'll have to see what else I can come up with.

Reactions: Takashi
Ragnarok is... vague, in that I don't really get what it does, but it really sounds like EX.
Hmm... You could liken it to summoning several powerful magus to fight amongst each other. The real danger is getting caught in the crossfire. The thing that makes this reality marble special is that you simply can't die while inside it. Sure, you can take damage that would kill someone several times over, but you won't die until the reality marble ends. This raises the likelihood of Surtr dying as well though. Is that a better explanation?

Also, for Nine Bounds Broken, there's a spoili under the description that gives you the new parameters. Since you're helping out by ranking this for me, that should help.

As for Laevateinn (np), if you've got a decent archer, Surtr won't be able to touch them with it, rendering the noble phantasm almost useless against them. And due to the amount of mana it uses, there's a pretty slim chance of him getting paired with a master capable of supplying enough for it.

I'd still say Ragnarok ranks at EX. Innate Reality Marbles are difficult to grade in the first place, since any "real" Reality Marble as a Noble Phantasm is something that isn't really touched directly by Nasu or his comrades with a ten-foot pole. Chariot My Love and Dimension of Steam max out at the Rank of their vessel (which a Reality Marble typically doesn't have), Ionioi Hetairoi is EX, Ars Paulina is glossed over, Nursery Rhyme is fucking weird and generally inconsistent, and Papiyas and Unlimited Blade Works are... u-uh...

Nine Bounds Broken's guide doesn't really tell me anything since the parameters are normally dependent on the host anyway. According to reason, with a host that's compatible enough, surely the parameters could exceed those of NBB in the first place.

Laevateinn sounds like an Excaliblast in its Anti-Army form though (in fact, putting aside firepower, the Anti-World mode seems a lot weaker), which along with a lack of maximum range listed implies that he could nuke out an Archer if he so wished.

Ok, so Ragnarök is EX then.

Hmm... alright, then I should probably just say that whichever parameters will be raised, will be raised by like a couple ranks or so? Like if the original.... let's say strength happened to be D, the np would upgrade it to B or so. That work?

Laevateinn (np) is more like a wide wave of fire, instead of a semi-focused beam. And I'll put the maximum range at... say, actually I have no idea. Shouldn't it be longer range than the Anti-World version? So maybe lower the range of the Anti-World one?

Edit: Since Laevateinn Anti-World version is more of an effective radius around Surtr, I'm thinking a maximum range of maybe 50ft? And then the Anti-Army version could be like 150 - 200ft or something like that? I went ahead and looked over the Wiki a little and it seems a lot of Anti-Army Phantasms can reach around 250ft. This also gives closer range classes like Saber and lancer a shot at him.

So two Ranks above where it was before? Sounds like B+ to me.

The Anti-World already seems pretty underpowered given its classification...

The original draft I had was kind of too much. Of course, I can make it more powerful, I just need to know how far I can go because I really don't know all that much about these things. So the two basic ways this could get stronger is either more intense flames and heat, or longer range. And keep in mind that it's in a radius all the way around Surtr.

Edit: Or make it ignore magic resistance to bury knight classes ._.

Ignoring Magic Resistance is something I'm surprised it doesn't do in the first place. As long as it doesn't autokill everything in range, I imagine something like five miles is probably workable.

Ok then. It shouldn't autokill unless you're the master and you didn't take any protective measures and the servant didn't try to shield you at all. Then you probably would die pretty quickly.

Is there room for another servant to be considered? Any class would be find to exercise the creative skills. I don't mind making a master as well since I don't see many of them around right now (just glanced at the first post). Another question would be, where is this Holy Grail War taking place as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.