• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Kaga, I'm assuming you've seen this:

JB1XwNN.png

Kaga, I'm assuming you've seen this:

JB1XwNN.png
...Seen what, exactly? This specific image? Or just people comparing the Beatles' Christmas songs in general?

Because, I mean, comparing Wonderful Christmas time to Happy Xmas is a time-honored holiday tradition in the Beatles fandom, but I didn't even know that Ringo song existed until just now. o_o"

In any case, when it comes to Beatles Christmas songs with weird lyrics, I think this one still tops them all...

I mean,

Ain't been 'round since you know when
Christmas time is here again
O U T spells out

???? Yes, and...??????

...Seen what, exactly? This specific image? Or just people comparing the Beatles' Christmas songs in general?

Because, I mean, comparing Wonderful Christmas time to Happy Xmas is a time-honored holiday tradition in the Beatles fandom, but I didn't even know that Ringo song existed until just now. o_o"

In any case, when it comes to Beatles Christmas songs with weird lyrics, I think this one still tops them all...

I mean,

???? Yes, and...??????

It's not an actual song. I found it on the Mandela Effect subreddit with someone asking if it was real, and no longer existed. Someone said it might be making fun of Ringo compared to McCartney and Lennon.

It's not an actual song. I found it on the Mandela Effect subreddit with someone asking if it was real, and no longer existed. Someone said it might be making fun of Ringo compared to McCartney and Lennon.
Oh. ...Well, now that you mention it, that album cover certainly looks fake (not to mention it's a complete mess from a graphic design standpoint).

OwO" I'm getting way too sucked into my plans for Cyber-Sherlock... I can't wait to see how things play out later...

I'll uh, post in a few days? Holidays and everything. Speaking of which, christmas in half an hour...neat.

Nothing like having family over, and them stealing all your nachos.

Dicks.

Reactions: Takumi
Doctor Who 2014 Christmas Special: Alien meets Inception meets Santa Claus

Doctor Who 2016 Christmas Special: Superman meets romcom tropes meets the Yeerks from Animorphs

...I think I'm ok with this trend.

Last edited:
Doctor Who 2014 Christmas Special: Alien meets Inception meets Santa Claus

Doctor Who 2016 Christmas Special: Superman meets romcom tropes meets the Yeerks from Animorphs

...I think I'm ok with this trend.
D: *Neo hides in a nearby cabinet*

I got Final Fantasy XV for Christmas, and I feel like I'm enjoying it too much. I spent almost all day playing it and not even really doing anything except side quests and driving it around.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I got Final Fantasy XV for Christmas, and I feel like I'm enjoying it too much. I spent almost all day playing it and not even really doing anything except side quests and driving it around.
Protip: always treat the 'suggested level' as a 'be at least somewhere around this level, or be prepared to constantly get oneshotted by everything ever (especially bosses and hunts)". This game is really poorly balanced when it comes to that D:.

Protip: always treat the 'suggested level' as a 'be at least somewhere around this level, or be prepared to constantly get oneshotted by everything ever (especially bosses and hunts)". This game is really poorly balanced when it comes to that D:.

My goal is to always get at least two levels above the benchmark for an area.

It can get grindy, but it helps me.

Also, FUCK THAT JAGUAR-LOOKING DAEMON!

Update:

@Neobullseye @neobendium @Gwazi Magnum @Flame @AquaTheLita @Rithas @Minerva @chaosheart13 @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Raven

TechnoVampire has informed me that they're no longer interested in the RP, so I took Halo off the accepted character list.

I also added a bullet point to the fourth section of the rules list, clarifying that drop-out fandoms will become fair game for future players, and that I don't keep any fandoms off-limits after their original owner is gone (since I recently ran into a bit of confusion about this).

Lastly, I would like to clean out the reserve list. If you have a fandom on the reserve list that you're not actually interested in playing anymore, please let me know.

Wow. You know that you're massively overthinking a video game when the game's like "Pichu seems to be worried about not doing well in battle" and you immediately turn into a Concerned MomTM​ like "But why... we're in a cave full of Zubats that are about half her level... What could've possibly led her to doubt herself... *gasp* Is this my fault?? Does she not know how to deal with failure because I never let her faint in battle or face too powerful of a foe? Have I sheltered her too much???"

SO YEAH Pokemon Sun is making me re-think basic friendship-raising tactics that I've been using for my whole Pokemon-playing life. But apparently it all worked out in the end because I finally got her to evolve into a Pikachu just now so *shrug*

• Love
Wow. You know that you're massively overthinking a video game when the game's like "Pichu seems to be worried about not doing well in battle" and you immediately turn into a Concerned MomTM​ like "But why... we're in a cave full of Zubats that are about half her level... What could've possibly led her to doubt herself... *gasp* Is this my fault?? Does she not know how to deal with failure because I never let her faint in battle or face too powerful of a foe? Have I sheltered her too much???"

SO YEAH Pokemon Sun is making me re-think basic friendship-raising tactics that I've been using for my whole Pokemon-playing life. But apparently it all worked out in the end because I finally got her to evolve into a Pikachu just now so *shrug*
Mwh, screw raising mons with love and care. It's much faster to just stuff them with a few dozen Tamato Berries. And if you don't have the berries, you can always just leave them behind in the Hot Springs, then check up on them every other day or so ^_^. #EfficientParenting

"Pichu seems to be worried about not doing well in battle"
When does the game tell you stuff like this? This sounds like another new feature that people have conveniently forgot to mention. :/

When does the game tell you stuff like this? This sounds like another new feature that people have conveniently forgot to mention. :/
Apparently if you care for your pokemon a lot in that Amie-esque minigame, you'll start getting this kind of info when you send them out into battle. Other lines I saw included "Pichu looks like it wants to be petted" and "Pichu is thinking about poke-beans" -- which is kind of funny to be seeing at the start of a battle, and also made me feel like I'd accidentally spoiled the little thing. XD

And what do you mean "conveniently forgot to mention"? Sun and Moon have a shitton of new features (I've hardly been able to explore most of them yet o_o"), and if you really want to read up on everything new that the game added, I'm sure there are plenty of places you could go online that'll tell you about it. You make it sound like people are deliberately trying to hide this info from you... and I don't know why anyone would.

Hell, I've been tempted to PM you and start gushing about all the new stuff in the game that I really like, actually -- but I decided against it because I thought it would come across like I'm still bitter about you saying that Pokemon is too same-y and that I was trying to convince you that the series was headed in a fresh and interesting direction by being all like "look gwazi!! no gym battles!! no HM moves!! also wild pokemon can call on friends to help them!! and the battle menu has a shortcut for throwing pokeballs so that you don't have to dig through your bag for them!!"

And I didn't want to sound like I just wanted to prove a point, so I decided not to go out of my way to mention it to you specifically. ...But like, I still would've been glad to talk about Sun and Moon if you wanted me to. :/

(Edit: In case you were curious, this is the same reason why I stopped messaging you specifically about all the new features that kept being added to Pokemon Go. While I still stand by my statement that it's a much better game than it was at its launch, me mentioning all the improvements as they happened just made it sound like I was trying to win an argument, so... yeah. >.> )

(Edit2: This is also the reason why I'm afraid to comment when anyone calls the Beatles overrated! Or says anything negative about any of my interests! Because I'm afraid that anything I say will be interpreted as a counter-argument that just makes me look like an asshat who can't handle people having different opinions than me!! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ While we're on the subject! )

ALSO this doesn't have much to do with "new features" or "innovation" but I'd just like to say that I really like the soundtrack in this game, and the clever things they do with it -- like the music switching from Team Skull's theme back to the regular music for that area when Team Skull tries to be threatening but then gets ignored, and then switches back to their music when they're all like "hey!! we weren't finished!!" or something. :P I also really like the cinematic look and feel of the cutscenes in this game. So much that I wouldn't have thought to even call those segments "cutscenes" one or two generations ago -- but now I can, because they actually look like cutscenes, which is kind of cool to see.

...Since we're talking about stuff I like from Sun and Moon. *sips Roserade tea*

Last edited:
  • Love
wild pokemon can call on friends to help them
Which is actually really annoying sometimes, because you can only catch mons if there's only one of them of the field. Obviously this is not the case if they constatly summon their friends.
On a related note, not all the mons that enter the battle through this system are actually friends. For example, if you fight Corsola and get them to call for help, a Mareanie might enter the battle instead... and promptly begin to attack the Corsola. Turns out Mareanies see Corsola as a delicacy, and hunt Corsola to the point they're a threatened species in Alola D:.

Which is actually really annoying sometimes, because you can only catch mons if there's only one of them of the field. Obviously this is not the case if they constatly summon their friends.
Yeah, I know. @_@ But it makes it feel really worth it when you finally catch the thing. XD

On a related note, not all the mons that enter the battle through this system are actually friends. For example, if you fight Corsola and get them to call for help, a Mareanie might enter the battle instead... and promptly begin to attack the Corsola. Turns out Mareanies see Corsola as a delicacy, and hunt Corsola to the point they're a threatened species in Alola D:.
Ha! That's actually really clever of them to work that in there. XD It would've been so easy for them to just have each pokemon only summon members of its own species/evolution line and leave it at that, so the extra detail is really nice.

Pokemon Sun is my life. I've written so many ship fics between my trainer and Hau it's not even funny. :-|

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours