Posted for the Council members! ^^ I know most of us don't quote IC posts here, but I figured it would be better than requiring anyone here to go digging through the IC in order to remember where that group left off. :P

Reactions: Raven
Posted for the Council members! ^^ I know most of us don't quote IC posts here, but I figured it would be better than requiring anyone here to go digging through the IC in order to remember where that group left off. :P
Thanks for that. Touhou, too, will be added to my posting list, though of course FF has priority. Expect a post for him up saturday (I didn't really have time/inspiration to write something today, and will not have any time tomorrow [it's sort of still thursday here] ).

And now, a short list of things that have happened/are happening in the year of our Lord 2016:
  • Donald Trump runs for president
  • Homestuck ended
    • but Hussie created a Snapchat account for the characters so we still get to see what's going on in their lives
    • also we got a release date for the video game
  • Pokemon released an MMO that re-ignited the Pokemania of the 90's. As a result, many people were nearly hit by cars.
    • Also, I have heard at least one report of US Congressmen playing this game.
  • Vine is getting shut down
  • Moffat announced that he would be leaving Doctor Who after season 10
  • KILLER CLOWNS ARE A REAL THING THAT ARE OUT THERE, TERRORIZING REAL PEOPLE
  • The Suicide Squad movie re-ignited the scene culture of the mid-2000's. (Well, sort of.)
  • The Ghostbusters became women.
  • Hillary Clinton references memes.
  • Apple decided that cool people don't need headphone jacks.
  • Nintendo released a Crash Bandicoot amiibo. ...Yes, Crash Bandicoot, of all things.
  • Nintendo's newest console looks like a puppy.
  • The death of a gorilla somehow becomes a meme.
  • Sony announces a Sonic the Hedgehog movie. ...From the director of Deadpool.
  • The Cubs win the World Series for the first time in literally more than a century.

What the fuck even is 2016. Nothing about his year makes any goddamn sense.

Reactions: Takumi and Raven
There, posted for Final Fantasy. Also, this may or may not be where Alt-Fire Emblem came from in the first place. Who knows? Time travel is weird like that :P

Name:
Haikyū!! (Nickname: Haikyū)
Appearance:

058c284f5b5588bf7ebf7fe07a7dc6a97c4e440408bcca54d27e884092b5b8c7_1.jpg

Personality:
Haikyū is competitive and never backs down from a challenge. She's extremely emotional when it comes to losing anything, and is easily scared. Even so, she's determined and cares for her friends, of whom she calls a "team". She hates being picked on for her height, is antisocial, and loves video games and volleyball.
Abilities and Equipment:

She can play volleyball better than you, I guarantee it. She came with, no surprise, a volleyball, and a DS.
Home:
Haikyū lives in a typical house that's right next to a gym with a volleyball court.
Quirks:
Haikyū is obsessed with volleyball, mainly men's. She also plays volleyball herself, and is mainly good at being a spiker, despite being only 5'4". When she's scared, she gets very nauseous. She also really likes crows and is constantly seen with a DS when she isn't practicing volleyball.
Other:
Haikyū denies her extreme love of video games when asked about it.

Name:
Owari No Seraph (Nickname: Owari)
Male
Appearance:

tumblr_nmypemhOEc1unvdpqo1_500.jpg

Personality:
Owari values family over everything. He is very narrow-minded, yet caring. He rarely thinks things through, and is also very stubborn. Even so, Owari is very trustworthy and likes to take the blame for everything.
Abilities and Equipment:

Owari is half-vampire, and also brought a saber with a demon inside of it. Owari is friends with this demon.
Home:

Owari lives in a broken-down orphanage. The electricity isn't working, and it's very cold inside. There are two floors, the first one having 8 bedrooms, a bathroom, and the kitchen, and the second one having a large, open room that used to be a play space for the kids. There's also a glass sliding door that leads to a balcony that has nothing on it. As for the bedrooms, all they have left are a bed, dresser, and each of them have a cracked mirror. The bathroom constantly needs to be cleaned, but otherwise works just fine. The kitchen fridge breaks down constantly, and the stove isn't very reliable and constantly starts fires. Despite all of this, Owari still calls this orphanage his home.
Quirks:

Owari refuses to drink blood unless given permission, as to keep his humanity. He also is obsessed with battling people and keeping them safe from any other vampires. Despite being a half-vampire himself, he hates vampires. Lastly, he constantly ships males together and claims that the word "family" means nothing to him.
Other:

The demon in Owari's saber is named Asuramaru.​

Haikyū denies her extreme love of video games when asked about it.
The fact that video games are also sort of people in this world makes this statement more interesting. :P

Owari values family over everything.
Mm. And what "family" does he have? Or are you using the term more generally to refer to friends and companions, as well?

I mean, I'm sure there are other fandoms that could be considered relatives of Owari -- I just wanted to make sure you weren't only grabbing personality traits from characters in the canon without thinking about how that would translate to a fandom entity.

Owari is half-vampire, and also brought a saber with a demon inside of it. Owari is friends with this demon.
o_o I feel like this needs some elaboration. Vampires and demons are both creatures that can vary quite a bit in how they're portrayed. If Owari has any specific powers/weaknesses from being half-vampire, I those should be listed specifically. As for the demon -- at least a brief description of him is necessary, as well. A more detailed look at the saber also probably wouldn't hurt.

Owari lives in a broken-down orphanage. The electricity isn't working, and it's very cold inside. There are two floors, the first one having 8 bedrooms, a bathroom, and the kitchen, and the second one having a large, open room that used to be a play space for the kids. There's also a glass sliding door that leads to a balcony that has nothing on it. As for the bedrooms, all they have left are a bed, dresser, and each of them have a cracked mirror. The bathroom constantly needs to be cleaned, but otherwise works just fine. The kitchen fridge breaks down constantly, and the stove isn't very reliable and constantly starts fires. Despite all of this, Owari still calls this orphanage his home.
Mmm. I'm assuming the orphanage is empty, save for Owari living there?

claims that the word "family" means nothing to him.
o_o This seems to contradict what you said earlier about him valuing family...

Also, I have some questions about the images you chose. Are they both just images of characters from the canon? If so, that's not really a huge problem -- but I would highly recommend a bit more mixing-and-matching of character attributes. You don't need to draw it yourself or anything -- you can just provide links to other images like, "he also has [X character's] hair and [Y character's] scarf", or something. You know, so that they don't just look like a duplicate of that one character. Does that make sense?

Other than the image thing, Haikyu looks good. Owari needs a bit more editing, though.

Since Pokemon Sun and Moon is coming out soon, I'm thinking of updating Pokemon's look to have her incorporate some of that. Or just waiting until there's any fanart of the female trainer from Alola with a slightly different style once more customization is shown.

Who knows. \_(´_`)_/

Since Pokemon Sun and Moon is coming out soon, I'm thinking of updating Pokemon's look to have her incorporate some of that. Or just waiting until there's any fanart of the female trainer from Alola with a slightly different style once more customization is shown.

Who knows. \_(´_`)_/
owo" While I find it difficult to think of concrete examples detailing why constantly changing a fandom's appearance might be a bad idea, I do feel like constantly changing a fandom's appearance just doesn't make a whole lot of sense when it comes to consistency in the IC...

I mean, yeah, I know I completely re-designed SU's appearance a while back, but my two excuses for that were:
  1. SU's original design never even saw the light of day in the IC (at least not without being combined with anything else)
  2. Gems can change their appearances when they regenerate, so, the redesigned version can just be interpreted as what she will look like once she does finally reform.
But, like I said, it's not like I can think of any specific reasons why it wouldn't make sense to change Pokemon's appearance, so, I feel like there's not much of a point to me being strict about this...

I still just don't think that changing a fandom's appearance all the time to keep up with recent developments is a good habit to get into. >.>

owo" While I find it difficult to think of concrete examples detailing why constantly changing a fandom's appearance might be a bad idea, I do feel like constantly changing a fandom's appearance just doesn't make a whole lot of sense when it comes to consistency in the IC...

I mean, yeah, I know I completely re-designed SU's appearance a while back, but my two excuses for that were:
  1. SU's original design never even saw the light of day in the IC (at least not without being combined with anything else)
  2. Gems can change their appearances when they regenerate, so, the redesigned version can just be interpreted as what she will look like once she does finally reform.
But, like I said, it's not like I can think of any specific reasons why it wouldn't make sense to change Pokemon's appearance, so, I feel like there's not much of a point to me being strict about this...

I still just don't think that changing a fandom's appearance all the time to keep up with recent developments is a good habit to get into. >.>

I probably should of specified that I might not change her entire appearance. I might just change her hair style if I can draw it.

I only plan to change her appearance/hair style once since I tend to judge my own skills at drawing which probably isn't good in itself. I hope I'm making sense, I really need to be in bed.

I'll also try not to make it a habit >~<;

...maybe I should try to draw my own set of trainers/ocs when I get bored tp pass time while I'm at it :-|

Then maybe...just maybe, I'll get better. I'm going to bed now, night guys.

Reactions: Kagayours
Then maybe...just maybe, I'll get better.
^^ That's good. Practice is good.

Besides, you're still young. You got time to improve. I had nearly given up on my own drawing ability when I was your age. ...Which wasn't that long ago, but still. Looking back on it, I certainly feel like I've come a long way in two short years! :P

I was going to recommend taking art classes if your high school offers any, but, judging by the fact that you just turned redstar, I'm assuming you're already on your senior year? And college art classes are a bit of a different beast, especially if you're not an art major... still, we live in the Internet Age, so there are plenty of free resources out there if you're looking to hone your skills. Tumblr, for example, has a lot of great art refs and tutorials! OwO 'Tis a shame I lost my links to most of those when my old computer bit the dust, though... owo""

Reactions: Takumi
^^ That's good. Practice is good.

Besides, you're still young. You got time to improve. I had nearly given up on my own drawing ability when I was your age. ...Which wasn't that long ago, but still. Looking back on it, I certainly feel like I've come a long way in two short years! :P

I was going to recommend taking art classes if your high school offers any, but, judging by the fact that you just turned redstar, I'm assuming you're already on your senior year? And college art classes are a bit of a different beast, especially if you're not an art major... still, we live in the Internet Age, so there are plenty of free resources out there if you're looking to hone your skills. Tumblr, for example, has a lot of great art refs and tutorials! OwO 'Tis a shame I lost my links to most of those when my old computer bit the dust, though... owo""

Yup, I'm a senior now. I haven't gotten art at all even though I requested it when picking classes last year. I guess they just gave me the classes I needed instead. :/

Except for one class that I technically don't need, like most other seniors. But oh well, I like the teacher. I did take art for about a year or two in middle school though. Or maybe all three years? It's been so long I honestly don't remember @_@

Also, uh....if after this week you don't hear from me at all I'm probably in trouble. I found out that my grades aren't doing so good and parent teacher conferences are this week.

Tomorrow, the US -- and, dare I say, much of the rest of the world -- will either breathe a massive sigh of relief, or... we won't.

And I don't know what's going to happen after that.

I think I'm afraid to find out.

Nah it's fine guys. This is fine. This timeline is supposed to be doomed. Any minute now, Hussie will retcon all of this and we'll be back-on-track for the alpha timeline that doesn't get completely fucked. It'll all be alright.

*Wakes up and checks news*

I expected nothing and I was still disappointed.

Today I woke up and turned on the television
TV: It looks like Trump is going to win the election!
Me: ...Am I still dreaming? Is America really this dense (to put it mildly)? Have they not read any history books of what happened last century?

Ah well, might as well make this into a business opportunity. *Starts selling Green Cards for non-US countries.*

Me: ...Am I still dreaming? Is America really this dense (to put it mildly)? Have they not read any history books of what happened last century?

Ah well, might as well make this into a business opportunity. *Starts selling Green Cards for non-US countries.*

"Going to"? He's already won, mate. And the Republicans got House and Senate majority, as well.

We're fucked~

"Going to"? He's already won, mate. And the Republicans got House and Senate majority, as well.

We're fucked~
I know that much. I'm just saying that when I turned on the TV, not all votes were counted yet. In other words, the moment where the entire rest of the world was praying for a miracle to happen :P

Together we shall become billionaires!

and then.....we run for presidency

So, just to make sure, are there any onjections against going down to the basement of Exdeath's castle?

So, just to make sure, are there any onjections against going down to the basement of Exdeath's castle?
o3o Well, I mean, I don't see a reason why characters can't go into the basement, if that's what you're asking, but, I don't know if any of them would want to go in that direction -- at least, I know that Sonic would want to head straight for the top.