"This is like a freaking dungeon! Who would live in this place?"
A JRPG villain, of course :P. They all live in either ruined building, structures made out of flesh, crystal palaces, hell itself or any combination of the above.

Reactions: Takumi
A JRPG villain, of course :P. They all live in either ruined building, structures made out of flesh, crystal palaces, hell itself or any combination of the above.

Doesn't mean Minecraft has to like it. XD

.....wait, structures made out of flesh? O_o

Doesn't mean Minecraft has to like it. XD

.....wait, structures made out of flesh? O_o
Yep. In some cases complete with digestive acids and/or blood. Because why settle for stone when you can make an extra profit by selling vomit bags? :P

So, I was exploring a bit in the Sun/Moon demo. Then I found the following:
"A Vending Machine!
Wait-
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
1 million each?!"

Welp! Inflation sure hit Alola hardcore XD.

So, I was exploring a bit in the Sun/Moon demo. Then I found the following:
"A Vending Machine!
Wait-
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
1 million each?!"

Welp! Inflation sure hit Alola hardcore XD.
Well, I mean, that seems economically accurate.

Alola is an island. Islands only have a limited number of resources, meaning a lot of it would have to be imported. It's why things in New Zealand are so expensive, it's why Hawaii is such an expensive place, and why Japan is also really expensive. Everything they can't grow has to be imported from places, and that takes labor and money.

Also, PokeDollars or whatever they're called are so worthless compared to the euro or dollar, a lot like Yen. Though, tbh, PokeDollars seem more like the Korean Won rather than Yen, since the conversion rate to a dollar is so insane. Yen are worth about a cent, give or take.

Anyway, POSTED!

Well, I mean, that seems economically accurate.

Alola is an island. Islands only have a limited number of resources, meaning a lot of it would have to be imported. It's why things in New Zealand are so expensive, it's why Hawaii is such an expensive place, and why Japan is also really expensive. Everything they can't grow has to be imported from places, and that takes labor and money.

Also, PokeDollars or whatever they're called are so worthless compared to the euro or dollar, a lot like Yen. Though, tbh, PokeDollars seem more like the Korean Won rather than Yen, since the conversion rate to a dollar is so insane. Yen are worth about a cent, give or take.

Anyway, POSTED!

Stil though, even assuming the Yen thing, that's still roughly $10.000,- for one can of soda -- the same price as a bicycle costs in Kanto. I'm still calling shenanigans on it :P

Stil though, even assuming the Yen thing, that's still roughly $10.000,- for one can of soda -- the same price as a bicycle costs in Kanto. I'm still calling shenanigans on it :P
Then that's VERY true.

Yeah, the Recession hit Alola hard.

I believe that "pokedollars" are actually yen in the Japanese version (at least in the original Gen I games), but they changed it when it was localized -- I guess because they didn't want kids to get confused...?

Like, when I was a kid, I remember overhearing other kids say stuff like "being a pokemon trainer would be so expensive because a single pokeball is like $200!!" and just generally acting as if one pokedollar = 1 USD and what that would look like... So, given that, I suppose I'm not surprised that they felt the need to introduce a made-up currency in order to emphasize that it isn't the same as real world currency -- or at least, the real-world currency of countries like the US.

That being said, I think the term "pokedollars" sounds really dumb and I try to avoid saying it as much as possible. Like, "pokeballs" and "pokemarts" make sense because those things are centered around pokemon specifically. But like... you can use pokedollars to buy non-pokemon-related things. It's the currency that basically the entire world of Pokemon uses for everything. And it's not like we have "animal-dollars" in the real world. I like thinking of the currency in the pokemon games as just being yen. It makes more sense to me, and I don't feel stupid just talking about the currency.

Edit: And even if the exchange rate between Pokemon yen and real-world Japan yen is weird... It's a fictional world. They have the authority to make their world's economy different from our own. :P

I believe that "pokedollars" are actually yen in the Japanese version (at least in the original Gen I games), but they changed it when it was localized -- I guess because they didn't want kids to get confused...?

Like, when I was a kid, I remember overhearing other kids say stuff like "being a pokemon trainer would be so expensive because a single pokeball is like $200!!" and just generally acting as if one pokedollar = 1 USD and what that would look like... So, given that, I suppose I'm not surprised that they felt the need to introduce a made-up currency in order to emphasize that it isn't the same as real world currency -- or at least, the real-world currency of countries like the US.

That being said, I think the term "pokedollars" sounds really dumb and I try to avoid saying it as much as possible. Like, "pokeballs" and "pokemarts" make sense because those things are centered around pokemon specifically. But like... you can use pokedollars to buy non-pokemon-related things. It's the currency that basically the entire world of Pokemon uses for everything. And it's not like we have "animal-dollars" in the real world. I like thinking of the currency in the pokemon games as just being yen. It makes more sense to me, and I don't feel stupid just talking about the currency.

Edit: And even if the exchange rate between Pokemon yen and real-world Japan yen is weird... It's a fictional world. They have the authority to make their world's economy different from our own. :P

Yup, pretty much. I feel awkward with Pokedollars, but didn't know what else to call them.

Also, the Korean Won is worth even less than the Yen. This is how many Won it takes to make a dollar at current rates:

Compared to Yen which are about 103 to a dollar.

In tonights episode of 'Donald Trump is a looney'...
Donald Trump: "[...]I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election," *pause* "If I win."

@Kagayours and other American people; can you please explain to me how such stark-raving madman as Trump, who apparently has zero respect for the process of democracy, managed to begome the Republican candidate for presidency with siuch a massive following? >_<

Donald Trump: "[...]I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election," *pause* "If I win."

@Kagayours and other American people; can you please explain to me how such stark-raving madman as Trump, who apparently has zero respect for the process of democracy, managed to begome the Republican candidate for presidency with siuch a massive following? >_<
I have no idea, but he's certainly not getting my vote

I think most of the rest of the country is just as shocked as you are. I sure as hell don't know how it happened.

I think most of the rest of the country is just as shocked as you are. I sure as hell don't know how it happened.
Also, what makes even sense to me is the 'logic' some people go through when supporting Trump. "Evil Bankers and Big Money are controlling the presidential campaign, and unwanted candidates don't get to see the light of day*! ...Let's vote for Trump instead!"
Uhm, I hate to break it to you, people, but all you're doing is cutting out the middle man >_>.

*note: I do realize this is an actual problem; poltical campaings are WAY too expensive, meaning that only stupidly rich people and people supported by stupidly rich people/groups stand a reasonable chance to win while everyone else gets completely overshadowed. Not only that, there's a vicous cycle going on since every campaign seems to feel the need to outshine the previous one, which makes the whole thing even more expensive (I seem to have read once that a serious campaign can cost you about a billion Dollars, which is just absolutely ridiculous). And even then it barely even matters what side the president is on, because the massive hostility in between the Democrats and the Republicans means that shit only gets done when one side has the absolute majority across the whole field (only for everything that does get done to be recalled the moment the other side gets the majority). Meanwhile jails are overflowing, the national debt is almost three times the size of the entire world's economy and much, much more. ...Maybe all the sane/young people should just emigrate to Canada and/or Europe? Then we'll give Project America another chance in another century or so.

I have no idea, but he's certainly not getting my vote

I don't know either but I know that I wouldn't vote for him.

Also, what makes even sense to me is the 'logic' some people go through when supporting Trump. "Evil Bankers and Big Money are controlling the presidential campaign, and unwanted candidates don't get to see the light of day*! ...Let's vote for Trump instead!"
Uhm, I hate to break it to you, people, but all you're doing is cutting out the middle man >_>.

*note: I do realize this is an actual problem; poltical campaings are WAY too expensive, meaning that only stupidly rich people and people supported by stupidly rich people/groups stand a reasonable chance to win while everyone else gets completely overshadowed. Not only that, there's a vicous cycle going on since every campaign seems to feel the need to outshine the previous one, which makes the whole thing even more expensive (I seem to have read once that a serious campaign can cost you about a billion Dollars, which is just absolutely ridiculous). And even then it barely even matters what side the president is on, because the massive hostility in between the Democrats and the Republicans means that shit only gets done when one side has the absolute majority across the whole field (only for everything that does get done to be recalled the moment the other side gets the majority). Meanwhile jails are overflowing, the national debt is almost three times the size of the entire world's economy and much, much more. ...Maybe all the sane/young people should just emigrate to Canada and/or Europe? Then we'll give Project America another chance in another century or so.
I already filled out my absentee ballot. Still have to mail it, though...

Anyway, the point is, I'm so fucking done with this election. Once my ballot is mailed, I'll have officially voted. I've done my part. Now all that's left to do is wait.

In the meantime, my own web of personal problems is too much of a mess for me to have nearly enough energy or concern left over to worry about the problems of the country as a whole.

Well, Season 3 of one of my favorite shows won't have release until winter 2017 because they couldn't film last summer.

Well, Season 3 of one of my favorite shows won't have release until winter 2017 because they couldn't film last summer.
Which is?

Which is?

The Detectorists. A British comedy about two Metal Detectorists living in a small English village. It was a brilliant, well produced show.

Oh, uh, by the way if anyone wandering Fandom Square needs an interaction, Type-Moon is open.

Ok so, here's a fandom idea that I'll never actually make into full characters but I still think is interesting to think about:

Ghostbusters. But like, both of them. The original Ghostbusters and the 2016 remake -- manifesting as separate fandoms.

And the original Ghostbusters basically wants nothing to do with the remake, so he just avoids interacting with her and pretends she doesn't exist. But like, anytime there's some sort of ghost crisis in Fandom Square that needs to be dealt with, of course both of them show up, and that's where the friction happens.

And the remake -- she just wants to bust ghosts just as well as the original. But because he refuses to work with her, of course they're just going to keep getting in each others' way, whether they mean to or not. So of course GB(f) notices that GB(m) is basically looking down on her and acting like she can't even bust ghosts alongside him, and so she confronts him like "do you even realize how sexist you're being -- treating me like this just because I'm a woman??"

And then GB(m) takes a moment to scream internally for a while, and then he's like "You're the one accusing me of sexism just because I dislike you and you happen to be female. Is it just because I'm a man??" and she's like "Well if that's not your beef with me then what is?" and he's like "I dunno, maybe it has something to do with the fact that you only exist to make a political statement. You're a controversial headline, crying 'sexism' where there is none."

And then GB(f) is just like, "All I am, is a remake, with a female cast. And the only 'controversial' thing about it is that people like you can't seem to deal with it. Tell me, if I was just a 'normal' remake with male leads, would you still be treating me this way? Because if just having female leads is the only thing that makes me a 'political statement' instead of a respectable film, well, that sounds like sexism to me..."

And then they go through that whole trope where they still fight with each other for a while, but the battle against a common enemy makes them learn to get along and work as a team -- learning more about each other and understanding their different perspectives on things -- and then they can actually become pals and work as a proper ghostbusting team! owo

...Just something I've been thinking about.