• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Gen I and II glitches also have the potential to really make a mess out of the game and create some ridiculous effects if you know what you're doing
Case in point:

Case in point:
That second one really doesn't surprise me because I assumed from the beginning that it would be using the coin case glitch, which is a fucking Pandora's box of glitchy potential, and does, as the video implies, basically allow you to re-program the game. O_O BUT even they said in the video that they 'cheated' and used an emulator, and that what they did wouldn't be possible on a hard copy of the game -- which is too bad, because, even on hard copies, you can do some ridiculous stuff with the coin case.

As for the first one... I'm legitimately curious as to how they reached that starting point to begin with, and what that "8F" item is. It seems to be acting similarly to the coin case in Gen II, but, hmm...

... That is rather disturbing. o_o
That reminds me of a Tumblr post I saw one time where someone took a screencap of a description of a glitch on Bulbabedia and said something like "the glitches in these games sound like something straight out of Lovecraft".

I couldn't find the post, but I believe the Bulbabedia description they quoted was,

Super Glitch can cause some rather strange effects. The most famous scenario is a chain of events starting with the music slowly fading out before stopping altogether known as the 'TMTRAINER effect'. The opponent's name then changes to "TMTRAINER" followed by several lines of glitch dialogue, and the HP of his or her Pokémon rises to a very large value which is often larger than the amount of max HP that the opponent Pokémon has, which causes the HP bar to stretch and wrap around the screen (the filled part the bar also instantly jumps from empty to full repeatedly before fainting (0HP) during damage animation due to the fact that the calculations to display how much fill in the bar in percent has been overflowed, thus causing the fill to wrap between empty and full). It will display that the enemy Pokémon is poisoned, but the game will state that it is frozen solid, followed by the enemy Pokémon becoming hurt by a burn. This burn will often deplete all of the enemy Pokémon's health, causing the giant HP bar to loop several times before all the HP is depleted, causing it to faint. If the battle is won before the game freezes, the glitch Pokémon that used Super Glitch may grow to a random level (sometimes even exceeding level 100). Also, sometimes many random Pokémon not part of the player's team evolve right after a battle. On such cases, Pokémon that cannot evolve can evolve into themselves.
:P

And uh, this part wasn't in the Tumblr post, but, if you read a bit further down on Bulbabedia, it gets worse...

On occasion, a player may return to the game after a battle in which Super Glitch was used, but everything will be severely glitched. It will appear as if some Pokémon are poisoned in the player's team as every few steps a Pokémon faints. However, these Pokémon have glitchy names and were never part of the player's team before the battle. Some positions of the map will be glitchy and volatile, as if parts of Glitch City merged with the regular map. The player's name will have changed to a scrambled string of symbols. The player will be unable to view his or her Pokémon (if the Pokémon option is selected in the menu, a blank screen will show from which one can't escape) and hence it becomes impossible to Surf or Fly. Pokémon will disappear out of the Pokédex after taking a few steps. The music everywhere (except in battle) becomes eerie and glitched. The game may unexpectedly freeze at any point. The player may also randomly get stuck.
O_O

(And yes, this glitch is straight-up called 'Super Glitch'. But, I'd say that's a rather fitting name, wouldn't you?)

Edit: It's also worth noting that the Super Glitch is the only glitch that doesn't seem to work on the 3DS ports of Red/Blue/Yellow, despite the fact that all the other glitches I tested worked just fine. I think that really says something. o_o

The newer games are FAR more stable. o_o

Meanwhile, in a game released in 2014...

...Yeah.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Neobullseye
I'm so glad I pay a monthly fee to have Adobe programs like Photoshop on my computer, so that I can use them to make dumb shit like this:

tumblr_obq7n3yNF81uw8h1ko1_540.png

I'd argue that this is not a phobia, but rather completely normal (given that vampires existing is common knowledge in the world ) :P
Phobias are different from fears. Fear is normal. A phobia is an irrational and exaggerated fear that causes extreme anxiety. Anyone would be scared of vampires, but that doesn't mean they have a PHOBIA of them.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I'VE REPLIED! :D

I had to go back a few pages to check things. Like 5 or 6 pages just to get that description of Exdeath, since someone asked and ADR didn't answer. And I also remembered that W101 cast Windstorm which should have amplified the damage Ampharos did to that lizard thing.

AND AND AND AND AND!!!

WHAT BEBOP SAID ABOUT ANALYZING THE TELEPORTATION SPOT!!!!

IT WILL BE THE PERFECT EXCUSE FOR ME TO FINALLY DRAIN SUB'S G-- I mean um....the perfect opportunity for Sub to be super useful for once, when he's mostly just been in the background trying to help. He might not be a combat character, but he knows his techy stuff! >:3

>totally not planning to have this cause trouble in the near future<

Reactions: Kagayours
Sooo I started reading Rorouni Kenshin.

This is a series I've been meaning to get into for a while because I'd been told that it was "like Trigun".

And like... by the time I was only 2 or 3 pages into the manga, my immediate thought was: "holy shit yeah this is like Trigun. This is basically Trigun with swords instead of guns. This is Trisword."

The problem is, ever since I became aware of the similarities, I feel like I haven't been able to stop comparing it to Trigun. So now, as I continue reading, and I learn more about the story and characters and the whole thing starts to deviate from the immediate surface-level similarities to Trigun, I still just wind up thinking things like,

"Oh so it's like Trigun except the protagonist's not an 'outlaw', just a really legendary swordsman."

"Oh so it's like Trigun except the protagonist does actually kill people."

"Oh so it's like what Trigun would be like if it was set in a world where gun control existed."

(And that last one in particular is really bothering me because it makes this series feel like it's making a political statement about gun control (what with the whole "sword ban" thing), but I don't know if that's actually the author's intention or if I'm just looking way too deep into it because I keep thinking of this as Trigun with swords.)

I mean I've reached the point where it's really not that similar to Trigun but I still can't help but compare it to that and I feel like it's just sort of preventing me from enjoying the series to its fullest. XD

@Raven @Neobullseye @JoJo @Kagayours @Rithas

I should probably tell you guys what I'm planning for Submachine, because I'm going to need your approval before I make it happen. It will throw his group for a Loop. Literally. No pun intended. What I'm planning is to have Sub unintentionally drag most if not all of his current group into the Loop.​

Not sure how many of you remember his CS, but....
  • His watch displays the wearer's current time/date, latitude/longitude, altitude/depth, dimension/layer, etc. It acts as a mini, complex, portable submachine; he can enter coordinates for a given location into it and teleport there. If he attempts to jump to a location he has not visited before and/or does not know the coordinates of, he must use energy from his necklace to successfully make the jump, otherwise he is sucked into the Loop.
Basically, if Sub wants to make a jump to a new location without knowing the coordinates, he has to use energy from his gem. If he doesn't have energy to spare, he will be sucked into the Loop. So what I want to happen--if you guys are okay with it--is have his scan take up the rest of the energy in his gem without him realizing it, then have him attempt to teleport himself and the others to the location he discovers, but get sucked into the Loop due to inadequate energy.

A quick explanation of what Loops are in the Submachine universe. A "Loop" is a location (or part of a location) that either continues endlessly in one or more directions (so you could walk in one direction forever and never escape) or infinitely connects to itself in a weird anomalous way (so if you walk in one direction you would enter the same series of rooms over and over but not necessarily in the same order each time, or if you walk back and forth between one doorway you might end up in completely different rooms each time). You can see examples of "Loop" locations on this wikia page. Notable examples are location 555 in SubNet Exploration Experience, the Royal Storage Facilities and Level X in Submachine 10: The Exit, and the original Loop as featured in Submachine 3: The Loop. Some locations just look like the Sub 3 Loop but don't actually loop, like 690 in Submachine 4. My personal theory is that locations like that are parts of the actual Loop that were isolated from the anomaly that causes the looping.

As for what the Loop that Sub and the others will enter is going to be like....I haven't figured that out yet. I had the idea of him of this happening since day one, but never actually thought out any details because I didn't think it would happen anytime soon. But now that it could happen soon, I'll start thinking up those details. I'll share the details with you guys before I post for him doing his scan so that you guys have the chance to decide if you're ok with it or not.

And you can even suggest stuff if you have ideas for things that could happen or that you want to happen. In fact, please do suggest stuff, if you can. Any ideas will help, even if I don't actually use them they might inspire me to think of other stuff.

....wow i am posting a lot today....

Last edited by a moderator:
...Did something go wrong here? O_o
Yes. Something wrong happened there. I have no idea how that spoiler tag go there.

Though maybe it's for the best. It must be a pretty big spoiler if it wont let anyone open it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Basically, if Sub wants to make a jump to a new location without knowing the coordinates, he has to use energy from his gem. If he doesn't have energy to spare, he will be sucked into the Loop. So what I want to happen--if you guys are okay with it--is have his scan take up the rest of the energy in his gem without him realizing it, then have him attempt to teleport himself and the others to the location he discovers, but get sucked into the Loop due to inadequate energy.

A quick explanation of what Loops are in the Submachine universe. A "Loop" is a location (or part of a location) that either continues endlessly in one or more directions (so you could walk in one direction forever and never escape) or infinitely connects to itself in a weird anomalous way (so if you walk in one direction you would enter the same series of rooms over and over but not necessarily in the same order each time, or if you walk back and forth between one doorway you might end up in completely different rooms each time). You can see examples of "Loop" locations on this wikia page. Notable examples are location 555 in SubNet Exploration Experience, the Royal Storage Facilities and Level X in Submachine 10: The Exit, and the original Loop as featured in Submachine 3: The Loop. Some locations just look like the Sub 3 Loop but don't actually loop, like 690 in Submachine 4. My personal theory is that locations like that are parts of the actual Loop that were isolated from the anomaly that causes the looping.

As for what the Loop that Sub and the others will enter is going to be like....I haven't figured that out yet. I had the idea of him of this happening since day one, but never actually thought out any details because I didn't think it would happen anytime soon. But now that it could happen soon, I'll start thinking up those details. I'll share the details with you guys before I post for him doing his scan so that you guys have the chance to decide if you're ok with it or not.

And you can even suggest stuff if you have ideas for things that could happen or that you want to happen. In fact, please do suggest stuff, if you can. Any ideas will help, even if I don't actually use them they might inspire me to think of other stuff.

....wow i am posting a lot today....
Well, uh, I suppose an important question is... how exactly does one escape the loop, theoretically?