• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I MEAN REALLY THOUGH LIKE

>Steven and Amethyst fuse

Holy shit!!

>Jasper fuses with a corruption

HOLY SHIT!!!

>Jasper becomes corrupted

HOLY. SHIT!!

>Pink Diamond

AAAAAAAAAAH *sounds the alarms*
They're really tearing the poor Rose=PD theory apart.

I mean, I could see Rose lying to Bismuth and stuff. It was possible.

But now that Jasper said that Rose and PD are separate entities it's like boom. I highly suspect Lion has something to do with PD, If it's not PD.

Also, Smokey Quartz was sooo cool. SOOOOO COOOL.

Another thing I saw that was really cool was that all the gems referred to their diamond as "My Diamond." Peridot did, Sapphire did, Yellow Pearl did. But what did Jasper say in 'The Return'? "We need to tell Yellow Diamond."

I swear this show.

But Smokey Quartz is especially groundbreaking because it's the first time that Steven's fused with another gem.

And out of all the predictions I've seen about who would be the first gem that Steven would fuse with, I don't think anyone predicted Amethyst. o_o
This guy.

Go me.

They're really tearing the poor Rose=PD theory apart.

I mean, I could see Rose lying to Bismuth and stuff. It was possible.

But now that Jasper said that Rose and PD are separate entities it's like boom. I highly suspect Lion has something to do with PD, If it's not PD.

Also, Smokey Quartz was sooo cool. SOOOOO COOOL.

Another thing I saw that was really cool was that all the gems referred to their diamond as "My Diamond." Peridot did, Sapphire did, Yellow Pearl did. But what did Jasper say in 'The Return'? "We need to tell Yellow Diamond."

I swear this show.
I mean, the "Rose is Pink Diamond" theory has kind of been dead for a long time. Ever since we started seeing more of the Diamonds in general, really. Like... all the Diamonds are giant skinny ladies, and Rose does not fit in with that look at all (I mean Rose was generally described as being 'big' but those Diamonds are massive). It's also been made pretty clear that Rose was a quartz soldier, so... yeah.

I really haven't seen anyone honestly defending the Rose=PD theory in quite a while. It's just that it didn't really get torn down in one sudden reveal or anything. It just sort of... stopped being relevant after the evidence against it started to stack up.

But yes, the events of this episode do put that theory to rest for good, for anyone who actually still believed in that theory before now.

Reactions: Takumi
True... true.
So now we know Steven can fuse with both gems and humans, he is really special. I honestly would like to see a Steven/Lars fusion, a Steven/ Garnet fusion, Steven/ Pearl and of course, Steven/Garnet/Pearl/Amethyst fusion... also, I wonder if the possiblity of a Steven/Connie/ the rest of the crystal gems is possible/ would it be stable with a human in the mix. Also, we of course need a Steven/ Lapis and/or Steven/Peridot. Also, god, this episode.

True... true.
So now we know Steven can fuse with both gems and humans, he is really special. I honestly would like to see a Steven/Lars fusion, a Steven/ Garnet fusion, Steven/ Pearl and of course, Steven/Garnet/Pearl/Amethyst fusion... also, I wonder if the possiblity of a Steven/Connie/ the rest of the crystal gems is possible/ would it be stable with a human in the mix. Also, we of course need a Steven/ Lapis and/or Steven/Peridot. Also, god, this episode.
I'm pretty sure most of the fandom agreed that Steven fusing with another gem was pretty much inevitable. It was just a question of when, and who he would fuse with first. :P

But yeah, I'm not sure if we could have a Steven/Connie/other gem fusion... that's a good question. o_o

Also

Not only was Jasper "the perfect quartz" from the beta kindergarten -- it's also possible that she's the only survivor from that kindergarten. I have a feeling that Jasper coming out so "perfect" wasn't just random chance. For some reason, the gem higher-ups decided to make one really good Jasper... This may also be why Jasper made it off of Earth in the first place, instead of being left behind to be corrupted like the others. She was too valuable to leave behind.

Also,

I've recently been seeing a lot of debates amongst fans about whether Jasper is 100% an evil, irredeemable villain, or a poor misunderstood soul who did nothing wrong. Personally I'm a bit middle-of-the-road on this -- like, yeah, she's a villain, and she did some bad things, but she's still an interesting and complex character overall.

So now after this episode, I'm seeing posts that are like "I knew it! I told you Jasper was completely irredeemable! I knew it!" and posts like "this episode proves that Jasper is canonically perfect" and I'm just like

I literally don't see how either of these conclusions could be reached based on this past episode. @_@

Also,

I've recently been seeing a lot of debates amongst fans about whether Jasper is 100% an evil, irredeemable villain, or a poor misunderstood soul who did nothing wrong. Personally I'm a bit middle-of-the-road on this -- like, yeah, she's a villain, and she did some bad things, but she's still an interesting and complex character overall.

So now after this episode, I'm seeing posts that are like "I knew it! I told you Jasper was completely irredeemable! I knew it!" and posts like "this episode proves that Jasper is canonically perfect" and I'm just like

I literally don't see how either of these conclusions could be reached based on this past episode. @_@
Don't you know that there can only be two opinions on opposite side of the spectrum and if you don't believe in one of those two then your a witch! A WITCH I SAY!

Jasper has done a lot of shitty things, but I can see the way she thinks. Who cares if she can or cannot be redeemed. I want to know if she will or not. Interesting future for her. Well, whenever they get back to her anyway.

So many spoiler tags! O_O

Goddammit Steven.

Goddammit Steven.
giphy.gif

• Love
The gem ships are bigger on the inside and the walls have diamond-things I'm fucking screaming.

Saaaaaammme heere*rolls around in excitement*

I love it when Sonic goes slightly too fast and glitches through a wall.

Once I finally finish Sonic's CS, I admit I'll probably just send him towards Exdeath like everyone else, because he'd definitely want to be where the action is. It also seems very much like him to just take out a bunch of enemies and then turn to everyone else like "sup".

I wonder how he and Pokemon would act towards each other, what with her being from the Nintendo family and all.

I also wonder if there would ever be a discussion about who has worse glitches, Pokemon or Sonic?

Pokemon's Gen I and Gen II are a bit of a mess in that regard, but later generations are relatively spotless. Sonic, meanwhile, has quite a few glitches in both classic and relatively modern games.

Many of Pokemon's glitches can be very entertaining, however, with glitches like Missingno being rather infamous, and many of Pokemon's glitches can be very helpful in essentially allowing you to cheat at the game in some big ways. And while there are some Sonic glitches that can be helpful, most of them are your usual fare, and are therefore just inconvenient and annoying most of the time -- particularly if you run into them accidentally, which seems fairly easy to do -- unlike with Pokemon, where accidentally triggering most of the bigger, weirder glitches would be fairly difficult to do in Gen I, and nearly impossible in Gen II.

Gen I and II glitches also have the potential to really make a mess out of the game and create some ridiculous effects if you know what you're doing -- which is probably more than you'll get from most Sonic games. However, despite the glitches being on a grander scale, it seems like Gen I and II glitches rarely decrease the overall value and playability of the game in most people's eyes (especially in Gen II's case), which is certainly more than I can say for Sonic '06 or Sonic Boom.

My mind's wandering to weird places tonight, you guys.

• Love
Once I finally finish Sonic's CS, I admit I'll probably just send him towards Exdeath like everyone else, because he'd definitely want to be where the action is. It also seems very much like him to just take out a bunch of enemies and then turn to everyone else like "sup".

I wonder how he and Pokemon would act towards each other, what with her being from the Nintendo family and all.

I also wonder if there would ever be a discussion about who has worse glitches, Pokemon or Sonic?

Pokemon's Gen I and Gen II are a bit of a mess in that regard, but later generations are relatively spotless. Sonic, meanwhile, has quite a few glitches in both classic and relatively modern games.

Many of Pokemon's glitches can be very entertaining, however, with glitches like Missingno being rather infamous, and many of Pokemon's glitches can be very helpful in essentially allowing you to cheat at the game in some big ways. And while there are some Sonic glitches that can be helpful, most of them are your usual fare, and are therefore just inconvenient and annoying most of the time -- particularly if you run into them accidentally, which seems fairly easy to do -- unlike with Pokemon, where accidentally triggering most of the bigger, weirder glitches would be fairly difficult to do in Gen I, and nearly impossible in Gen II.

Gen I and II glitches also have the potential to really make a mess out of the game and create some ridiculous effects if you know what you're doing -- which is probably more than you'll get from most Sonic games. However, despite the glitches being on a grander scale, it seems like Gen I and II glitches rarely decrease the overall value and playability of the game in most people's eyes (especially in Gen II's case), which is certainly more than I can say for Sonic '06 or Sonic Boom.

My mind's wandering to weird places tonight, you guys.

Wouldn't some of the things in Pokemon Go count? X3

And that'd be interesting to see how Pokemon and Sonic interact.

And when you bring up "Nintendo Family" I can't help but picture a bunch of fandoms from Nintendo having a family reunion of sorts where they take a group photo whenever they have it.

Maaaan. If I knew how to art better I would totally draw that and put it on tumblr ;3;

Also on another note, thinking of changing Pokemon's looks sometime soon. Maybe.

Wouldn't some of the things in Pokemon Go count? X3
Ohhh good point. Still, there are two ways to look at this. Yes, Pokemon Go is really glitchy and is basically known for its glitchiness at this point. And if it wasn't for the fact that Pokemon Go is at least patchable (as I do honestly think that the current version has fewer glitches than the launch version), it might even be comparable to Sonic '06 as far as glitchiness is concerned. (But only glitchiness, as Sonic '06 would still have quite a few glaring flaws even if all of its glitches were fixed...) BUT, Pokemon Go is still only one game, and so, if it weren't for its popularity, it would probably easily count as a statistical outlier.

There's also the fact that Pokemon Go wasn't even developed by Gamefreak/Nintendo, which further sets it apart from the rest of Pokemon's lineup. Niantic may have released a buggy and unfinished game, but Nintendo certainly wouldn't have.

But, as for Sega...

Well, Sega does what Nintendon't, after all. XD

And when you bring up "Nintendo Family" I can't help but picture a bunch of fandoms from Nintendo having a family reunion of sorts where they take a group photo whenever they have it.
OwO Oh I often picture many fandom families, like... the Cartoon Network family, which can easily be divided into several 'generations' (such as the 'Cartoon Cartoons' generation with Courage, Dexter's Lab, and PPG, and the 'Cartoon Renaissance' generation with Adventure Time and Regular Show, etc).

And then there's the MSPA family, which I would still include Undertale in even though they're not affiliated with the MSPA website like the others. I would also of course include Hiveswap there... assuming that game ever escapes production hell...

And then of course there's Disney, which would be a rather large extended family at this point...

Maaaan. If I knew how to art better I would totally draw that and put it on tumblr ;3;
If I had more time, I would do the same. ;w;

But no, I have a not-hedgehog that I still need to finish coloring...

• Love