ON AN ACTUAL RP-RELATED NOTE, suddenly I'm wondering if there might be some way to get our new guy Kagerou over here involved in that whole time-travel plot we've been planning for a while...

I mean, it would be complicated to piece together, so it probably wouldn't work out, but, you know, I like the thought of giving the alternate future Doctor Who something to do other than just being dead.

Sorry I didn't post today or last night. My grandparents are coming over, and I just got really busy as a result.

Yeah, trying to work on a CS when you're tired is probably half the problem.
This. So much this. The same goes for IC posts, by the way XD.

Reactions: Kagayours
I, uh, guess I need to explain some things.

Kagayours said:
Does this mean that Kagerou has snakes for all of these eye abilities?

Yeah, Kagerou has all the snakes inside him at the moment, giving him his eye abilities.

Kagayours said:
By that do you mean, canceling the effects of other people's eye abilities?

Because if that's the case, I'm not sure there's much point in it being on the list. I wouldn't expect anyone else to have these abilities.

In lore, Azami, the original medusa that created the snakes, had all of them under her control, even the ones that seem useless at the time. It's the same for Kagerou, they may be useless at the time but he still has them.

Kagayours said:
I don't understand how this works... all the other eye abilities seem to be active things that Kagerou has to do. They aren't just passive things that act in the background. This is the only one that seems to be passive. If it isn't passive, then how does he "use" his combining eyes? How does that work?

The Combining Eyes ability makes sure that all the abilities are within a single person. It's this particular snake/power that keeps all the other snakes in control, thus Kagerou having control of his powers without it going haywire. I suppose you can say this power is working to keep all the other powers in check and to not overdo it when when said power is being used.

Kagayours said:
Also, it might be good to explain how exactly one enters the Heat Haze, since it hasn't really been explained yet.

Basically, one has to die to enter the actual Heat Haze, where they go through shenanigans of living the day of their death over and over again while trying to find a way to escape. Yeah, I'll add it in if I can find room where it is.

Yeah, Kagerou has all the snakes inside him at the moment, giving him his eye abilities.
Ok, you might want to clarify that the snakes are inside him, then.

In lore, Azami, the original medusa that created the snakes, had all of them under her control, even the ones that seem useless at the time. It's the same for Kagerou, they may be useless at the time but he still has them.
Well... ok.

The Combining Eyes ability makes sure that all the abilities are within a single person. It's this particular snake/power that keeps all the other snakes in control, thus Kagerou having control of his powers without it going haywire. I suppose you can say this power is working to keep all the other powers in check and to not overdo it when when said power is being used.
Ok. I would clarify that in the CS.

Basically, one has to die to enter the actual Heat Haze, where they go through shenanigans of living the day of their death over and over again while trying to find a way to escape. Yeah, I'll add it in if I can find room where it is.
But wait, you already said that's not how the Heat Haze works in the context of this RP, because that wouldn't make any sense.

How it works in the series doesn't matter at this point, and including that kind of information would just be confusing if it's going to work completely differently here.

How is this version of the Heat Haze going to work? That's what you haven't explained.

Kagayours said:
But wait, you already said that's not how the Heat Haze works in the context of this RP, because that wouldn't make any sense.

How it works in the series doesn't matter at this point, and including that kind of information would just be confusing if it's going to work completely differently here.

How is this version of the Heat Haze going to work? That's what you haven't explained.

Gah, I guess I really do need to put in a bit more info on the actual Heat Haze, which is an alternate dimension, and the Heat Haze Kagerou lives in. Um...not sure if it's entirely fixed or not, but I added a bit.

This particular version of the Heat Haze resembles the most popular and known one, a city with red street signs everywhere and empty streets and empty buildings that sometimes having a passing truck that aims at people for some reason. This version doesn't function like the actual Heat Haze, so people can come and go as they please, though they should watch out for the trucks. And unlike the Heat Haze, not everything is out to kill a person. The actual Heat Haze, meanwhile, is a sort of alternate dimension.
But how do people enter the Heat Haze? Is there some sort of portal people have to come in through? Or is there some other way to do it? That is what you still haven't answered.

And I would honestly prefer if you'd remove the previous paragraph about how the Heat Haze functions in the actual series. Given the fact that that isn't how it functions here, that entire section is rather unnecessary and really only adds confusion to everything.

@Kagayours

Yeah, looking over again, I can see why it's so confusing. I'll just fix it so that previous paragraph isn't there and fix the wording for the description of his home.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
tumblr_ntypzl45uL1s0iz9mo1_500.png

tumblr_ntypzl45uL1s0iz9mo3_400.png

tumblr_ntypzl45uL1s0iz9mo2_400.png

@Gwazi Magnum Thought of you. :P

Reactions: CandyPrincess
Home: The domain he lives in in Fandom Square is something that resembles what is called the Heat Haze. The look of it is a city with red street signs everywhere and empty streets and empty buildings. There's sometimes a passing truck that aims at people for some reason. Unlike the Heat Haze from the fandom's lore, this one isn't always out to kill people or make them relive the day of their death over and over again. People can come and go as they please, but there's usually no inhabitants in this area, again for some reason.
You still haven't explained how exactly people can enter the Heat Haze. Is there some sort of portal that people have to go through? And if not, how do they go through? Just being something that people can think about and then pop on over could make sense if this was something that everyone was familiar with, but it isn't, which means that other fandoms would have to be 'taught' how to enter it if they wanted to visit it, and... yeah. I'm still very confused.

Also, There's no mention of this being an alternate dimension. That would be an important thing to mention.

@Kagayours

Ah, um, I guess I'll explain it in this post since putting it on my app seems like a bad idea.

The Heat Haze from the fandom's lore is another dimension, created by Azami, a medusa. It was supposed to be a neverending world where no one could get hurt and die, but due to story reasons, she went in there alone. Later, when she gave up the snake of Combining Eyes to her granddaughter, Marry, the snakes went out of control. Now the Heat Haze pulls in people that died on August 15 into it. They relive their deaths over and over again in a time loop, only stopping when one escapes and is given an eye ability by one of the snakes. If there are more than one person entering the Heat Haze, only one can leave.

@Kagayours

Ah, um, I guess I'll explain it in this post since putting it on my app seems like a bad idea.

The Heat Haze from the fandom's lore is another dimension, created by Azami, a medusa. It was supposed to be a neverending world where no one could get hurt and die, but due to story reasons, she went in there alone. Later, when she gave up the snake of Combining Eyes to her granddaughter, Marry, the snakes went out of control. Now the Heat Haze pulls in people that died on August 15 into it. They relive their deaths over and over again in a time loop, only stopping when one escapes and is given an eye ability by one of the snakes. If there are more than one person entering the Heat Haze, only one can leave.
*long sigh* You have already explained how the Heat Haze works in the show. That is not what I am asking for.

In the context of the Kagerou fandom's Heat Haze, how do people "come and go as they please"? Literally how? If his home were a normal building, you would get in and out through a door. If it's Undertale's place, you get in through a hole in the ground. Since this is an alternate dimension, my best guess as to how people come and go would be that there's some sort of portal in some sort of fixed location. But, you haven't made reference to any portal. The only other explanation would be that people can pop in and out by just thinking about it, but that doesn't really work in this case. That's the part that you haven't explained to me.

If another fandom wanted to enter the Heat Haze, how would they do it? What series of specific actions would they have to go through in order to enter it?

I know that, in the series, people entered the Heat Haze when they died. But, we've already established that that's not how this Heat Haze works. The Heat Haze that the Kagerou fandom has works differently than the Heat Haze in the series. They are separate entities. We already know this.

And since we already know this, I'm asking how the Heat Haze that the Kagerou fandom has works. Not how the one in the series works -- how the one that the fandom uses works. You said people can "come and go as they please". I understand that. But what I don't understand is how exactly people do just that. How do they enter. How do they leave. Telling me that they can "do it whenever" doesn't work. If I had a character who wanted to enter it, I literally wouldn't know how to write that post. I do not know how to visualize Kagerou or any other character entering it.

Is there a portal? If not, how do people enter it? And bear in mind that I am not talking about the Heat Haze in the series. I am talking about the Heat Haze that the fandom uses. How exactly do people enter that Heat Haze?

Do you understand my question?

I... Need... Sleep...

But agh... it's only 8:20 PM, and so many replies to make...

I... Need... Sleep...

But agh... it's only 8:20 PM, and so many replies to make...
>_> As much as I want that post from you, I wouldn't want you to write when you can't think...

May I ask, what exactly is keeping you from making posts earlier in the day?

I used to utilize every spare second I could for writing posts during the day when I was your age (God, I sound so old when I say that) -- I might be able to make some suggestions.

>_> As much as I want that post from you, I wouldn't want you to write when you can't think...

May I ask, what exactly is keeping you from making posts earlier in the day?

I used to utilize every spare second I could for writing posts during the day when I was your age (God, I sound so old when I say that) -- I might be able to make some suggestions.
Workload, mainly. I do a lot of homework in the morning and access Iwaku via my phone, which can cause issues.

Workload, mainly. I do a lot of homework in the morning and access Iwaku via my phone, which can cause issues.
Have you ever tried drafting posts on paper during the day? Or on a laptop, if you have one?

When I was in high school, the wi-fi there was blocked for students -- but I could load the most recent page of the IC while I was still at home in the morning, and then, so long as I didn't try refreshing anything, I could keep that page up even when I didn't have internet access, and then use that to write a post. I of course drafted the post on Word, though, and then copy/pasted it onto the site when I got home.

If you don't have a laptop, though, you could always just draft the post on paper and then type it up later. And if you can't recall all the necessary details about the IC from memory, then you can try printing the posts out and bringing them to school with you. I remember I did that once or twice when I was really desperate. ...Not sure why I had to do that, but I definitely remember doing it. o_o

Or!! If you're not in any convenient position to sit down and write a post, but you can think of at least a few bits and pieces of the post that you want to include (which I know you can, having discussed it in PM's already) then you can whip out your phone, write a few lines in a text message, and email it to yourself (as you can type in an email address in place of a phone number when writing a text message and it'll send it to that email address -- works on virtually any phone, even non-smartphones). Doesn't even have to be coherent or have the sentences in the right order or anything. Just type out the parts that you want to include. It's great at getting you started, and, well, I can think of quite a few times I've done this when I wound up writing almost the entire post like this. O_O All you have to do once you're back home or whatever is to access your email and copy/paste everything together, and add whatever few bits are left to add. I know I've done this quite a few times when I was out-and-about, just running errands with my mom or something.

Hopefully at least one of these suggestions works for you. ^^"

Reactions: Takumi
Have you ever tried drafting posts on paper during the day? Or on a laptop, if you have one?

When I was in high school, the wi-fi there was blocked for students -- but I could load the most recent page of the IC while I was still at home in the morning, and then, so long as I didn't try refreshing anything, I could keep that page up even when I didn't have internet access, and then use that to write a post. I of course drafted the post on Word, though, and then copy/pasted it onto the site when I got home.

If you don't have a laptop, though, you could always just draft the post on paper and then type it up later. And if you can't recall all the necessary details about the IC from memory, then you can try printing the posts out and bringing them to school with you. I remember I did that once or twice when I was really desperate. ...Not sure why I had to do that, but I definitely remember doing it. o_o

Or!! If you're not in any convenient position to sit down and write a post, but you can think of at least a few bits and pieces of the post that you want to include (which I know you can, having discussed it in PM's already) then you can whip out your phone, write a few lines in a text message, and email it to yourself (as you can type in an email address in place of a phone number when writing a text message and it'll send it to that email address -- works on virtually any phone, even non-smartphones). Doesn't even have to be coherent or have the sentences in the right order or anything. Just type out the parts that you want to include. It's great at getting you started, and, well, I can think of quite a few times I've done this when I wound up writing almost the entire post like this. O_O All you have to do once you're back home or whatever is to access your email and copy/paste everything together, and add whatever few bits are left to add. I know I've done this quite a few times when I was out-and-about, just running errands with my mom or something.

Hopefully at least one of these suggestions works for you. ^^"
I do that, then I completely forget about it.

I do that, then I completely forget about it.
Write a post-it note as a reminder and stick it to a notebook, binder, your phone, anything that you know you'll access later. Make sure it's somewhere that's guaranteed to wind up in your line of sight and remind you. Or, you could set an alarm on your phone to go off at approximately when you'd be home again, therefore reminding you to check.

Hell, just tell me what time zone you live in and when you'd be getting home and I can remind you by just poking you on Iwaku or something. @_@