ALSO, I'm pretty sure I'm still the only MLP fan here, but, does anyone want to see screenshots of some of the background characters I've been seeing recently?

Because I've been catching up on the most recent season and I am just amazed at just how much attention to detail they have for these blink-and-you-miss-it moments that reference things the target audience probably wouldn't get... O_O

ALSO, I'm pretty sure I'm still the only MLP fan here, but, does anyone want to see screenshots of some of the background characters I've been seeing recently?

Because I've been catching up on the most recent season and I am just amazed at just how much attention to detail they have for these blink-and-you-miss-it moments that reference things the target audience probably wouldn't get... O_O
Depends. Is it free to watch, or do we have to "pony up" for it?
I'll leave myself out.

Reactions: Takumi
Depends. Is it free to watch, or do we have to "pony up" for it?
I'll leave myself out.
I'M GOING TO INTERPRET THAT AS AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST.

So anyway, I apologize for the fuzziness of these next few screencaps -- youtube was acting up and I couldn't get it to pause cleanly for some reason -- but I think you can still get the idea.

So first there was this two second sequence that showed a bunch of artists painting in different styles.

And this first cameo

Picasso.png

That didn't really surprise me (although I admit I didn't notice the cubist cutie mark until I went back to take a screenshot of it). Picasso's a big enough name that even little kids would probably get the reference.

What did surprise me was Salvador Dali and Andy Warhol.

Dali.png

Warhol.png

Like, holy shit, I don't know how these animators are so good at capturing the likenesses of real-life people in the form of cartoon horses but they are.

328354.1.jpg

01-andy-warhol.w190.h190.2x.jpg

And they even paid homage to Dali's ridiculous mustache. His TAIL even looks like a ridiculous mustache.

And I fucking lost it at Warhol's SOUP CAN CUTIE MARK because that is just too perfect.

Hell, even the intricacies in how they're posed just say so much about their personalities. I don't even have any other words to express how stunned I am.

AND THEN, IN ANOTHER EPISODE -- and I don't have screencaps for this next one, but I have a feeling the screencaps wouldn't have been very good anyway, so you'll just have to take my word for this.

Remember waaay back when I commented on BBC's Sherlock and John Watson making an appearance? Well, I was watching this Christmas special episode -- and I don't know why a Christmas special debuted in May but it did -- and, well, the plot of this episode was supposed to be a re-telling of A Christmas Carol, so the setting was all ~old-timey~ and stuff.

And -- during a crowd scene, no less -- do you know who I saw in the background? It was the same John and Sherlock from before, except they were modified to look like the Victorian versions of themselves from their Christmas special (including John's mustache and everything!).

And, of course you remember me rambling about "Doctor Whooves", right? Well, he also made an appearance in that same episode -- although that wasn't too surprising, since he's been in a ton of different episodes already. But what did surprise me is that the particular outfit that he wore during a very very brief shot in this episode was the same outfit that the Doctor wore in the 2012 Doctor Who Christmas special.

So... yeah. I just can't believe they put this kind of effort into these things. XD

@Minerva I followed you on tumblr :3

Reactions: Minerva
Name: Danganronpa (goes by Dani)
Appearance:
____monokuma_girl____by_larenn-d8cqgge.jpg

(apologies for the slightly revealing outfit, I'll rp her more modestly)
Personality: Dani is all about opposites, and her chaotic appearance is just one example of this. Her disassociative identity disorder (DID) makes it difficult for her to make friends, but once you befriend both sides of her she is extremely loyal and will defend you to the very end.
Dani has two sides to her. The first is bubbly and sweet, if a little quiet, willing to help but always holding to her own agenda. She is patient, but while she may come across as kind she only acts for herself. Sometimes this may mean helping others, but it's more a side effect than an actual goal.
The second is manic, pursuing her own pleasure above all else. Anything that interests her she will dissect and enjoy. Occasionally this leads to awkward situations, such as the whole "I wanted to figure out human anatomy" event. This side gets frustrated easily, and wastes no time on things that don't hold her interest.
Abilities and Equipment:
She has a seemingly unlimited supply of razor sharp scissors concealed about her person:
tumblr_mnmvr0KTun1r59l0wo1_100.png

Pinned on the pocket of her hoodie is a sterling silver school crest:
Spike-Danganronpa-Trigger-Happy-Havoc-ACG-The-School-Badge-Metal-Brooch-Hope-peak-Gakuen-COSPLAY-Pins.jpg_220x220.jpg

Lastly, when she's upset or angry she tends to conjour a pair of black knuckles, a favourite of hers for threatening people:
82e0401b24f0484f928fafe5f3cd75fd.png

Home: Dani resides in the overgrown ruins of a high school on the outskirts of Fandom Square.
40a1f766a0d44cef8ec90c65a903ffb2.png

The school contains many rooms, including dorms, classrooms, and specialty rooms like a multi-media room and physics lab. Many of the dorms and classrooms are rundown, and as of current Dani lives there alone, wandering campus by herself when not running around with others.
Quirks: Dani loves the combination of black/white/red, and has several bad jokes to tell involving the three colours. She is also a gymnast, and very flexible.
Other: I hope everything here is okay! I can totally expand it if you need me to. Also I just want to put it out there I didn't add in DID for extra edginess. I'm very particular RPing mental illnesses as I'm aware they effect many people and can ruin lives. The only reason I added DID was that I am personally diagnosed with it and I'll be careful not to treat it lightly. While the character is a little ridiculous the illness isn't, and I'll do my best to write it with the seriousness it deserves. So...ye. Just in case you were worried about that ^-^
(O w O) >likes dangaonronpa<

>still has to finish SDR2 and is barely even started lel<

how do i say "props for having a character with a mental illness that you know how to RP without disrespecting those who have the illness (aside from the fact that you have it yourself)" in a polite way without seeming like thats the only thing i like about this character or that i'm singling out that part of them?

In other news, this makes me want to make a Happy Tree Friends fandom character because I think that those two together would be a fun and chaotic time >:D

>smacks self in the head with several rolled-up newspapers that contain my articles< NO! BAD AQUA! NO MORE CHARACTERS!

unless i push back Rusty Lake again....?

>smacks self with newspapers again< NO! BAD AQUA! NO MORE CHARACTERS!

Reactions: Takumi
...Oh dear.

this makes me want to do it now.

>_>

I really don't want to push off Rusty Lake AGAIN, but at the same time this idea is so temptinnggggggggg~~~

>sigh< just when I thought i had my plans all figured out. (though the only part of my plan that would change is me not having Rusty Lake as my 5th character. my personal limit and my plans to hold off DMT for a while would still be in place....)

Dan[BCOLOR=#ffffff]gan[/BCOLOR]ronpa--How [BCOLOR=#ffffff]Dare[/BCOLOR] They Disturb [BCOLOR=#ffffff]My[/BCOLOR] Slumber?[BCOLOR=#ffffff]?[/BCOLOR]
It was...some time in the daylight hours when a rumbling that seemed to shake the very air in your lungs woke Dani from a restless sleep. She groaned, tilting her head and blinking heavily. She had fallen asleep at an old desk in one of abandoned classrooms, ivy crawling into the room via a large rend in the crumbling brick wall, sunlight dancing on her messy hair. As she pushed herself to her feet and the hood to her jacket slipped the rest of the way off her head she peered around through sleep-bleared eyes.
"What woke me?"
Faint crashing sounded in the distance. Quick as a cat, Dani wound her way through the desks and balanced for a moment on the edge of the gap in the wall. Resting one hand lightly on the wall she searched out the landscape.
Hope Hill Academy was on the outskirts of Fandom Square, nestled in a large plot of idyllic forest. To the edge of the property, rolling hills met the sky with a smooth kiss.
But wait...
Something was wrong.
Her eyes narrowed, and the next moment she lept out of the building, pushing herself far enough to clear any rubble. Rolling twice as she landed in the overgrown grass, she quickly got to her feet and began running towards the hills. She had seen something different there, on that undulating line. It wasn't much, but it was enough to get her curiosity piqued.
Before long she had made it to the bottom of the hills. Looking up, sighed.
"I don't want to cliiiiimb," she whined aloud. However, even as the words left her lips she began making her way up the hill, towards the mysterious tower she had seen.

(I hope this is okay!!)
can i just say that I love your writing style? (u w u)

(O w O) >likes dangaonronpa<

>still has to finish SDR2 and is barely even started lel<

how do i say "props for having a character with a mental illness that you know how to RP without disrespecting those who have the illness (aside from the fact that you have it yourself)" in a polite way without seeming like thats the only thing i like about this character or that i'm singling out that part of them?
-also has to begin and end SDR2 because omg new season of danganronpa anime coming out in july!!!-

I'd imagine you say it just like that ^-^ Thank you. I don't want to make it too much of a big deal but I've seen so many people be like "omG my character is CRAZYYYY xDDD" and I feel like it's kinda insulting to people who do experience things like schizophrenia (a common one in "edgy" character). One of my good friends is schizophrenic and you would never know, she's the sweetest girl I've ever met. So ye, I guess it's just a part of my character like it's just a part of me. No big deal. ^u^

can i just say that I love your writing style? (u w u)
Thank youuuuu! In forum RP I tend to write like I would a short story or a warmup scene, so I was a little worried it would be too different cx

-also has to begin and end SDR2 because omg new season of danganronpa anime coming out in july!!!-
[BCOLOR=#000000]I really should get on that. I haven't watched it in over a year I think cuz of college and other fandoms... [/BCOLOR]
I'd imagine you say it just like that ^-^ Thank you. I don't want to make it too much of a big deal but I've seen so many people be like "omG my character is CRAZYYYY xDDD" and I feel like it's kinda insulting to people who do experience things like schizophrenia (a common one in "edgy" character). One of my good friends is schizophrenic and you would never know, she's the sweetest girl I've ever met. So ye, I guess it's just a part of my character like it's just a part of me. No big deal. ^u^
I have an odd personal interest in disorders and such, partially because I just generally like psychology but also because surprisingly large amount of my favorite characters have canon disorders, and I also have a disorder myself.
Thank youuuuu! In forum RP I tend to write like I would a short story or a warmup scene, so I was a little worried it would be too different cx
Nah you're good. we've all got pretty diverse styles here.

I have an odd personal interest in disorders and such, partially because I just generally like psychology but also because surprisingly large amount of my favorite characters have canon disorders, and I also have a disorder myself.
I don't want to make it seem like I have a problem with characters who have disorders! In fact I'd encourage it as long as they're played correctly. Too many people are afraid of mental disorders and it's taboo to discuss them, which does so much harm to those experiencing them in my knowledge. By playing characters with disorders we have the opportunity to combat the stigma around them, which I think is great ^-^

Yay, Pokemon is going to have peeps to explore with.

Unless her Quilava decides to be a jerk. :D

They should be fine, though.

And since we're talking bout fandom lists and all that, after a little getting used to Pkmn I have AoT in mind and I've considered the possibility of KH in the future as well even though I'm still kinda new to that fandom...

Speaking of KH, has anyone heard anything on KH 3 at all?

I can't wait until I finally post IC and then finish SCP!

SCP will have so much fun with other fandoms.

Also, I can't wait until we get the "Keter classes are people too, even though they can kill you, all of them from 076, down to 682, deserve to be freed by you." Song from DHMiS.

Reactions: AquaTheLita
I can't wait until I finally post IC and then finish SCP!

SCP will have so much fun with other fandoms.

Also, I can't wait until we get the "Keter classes are people too, even though they can kill you, all of them from 076, down to 682, deserve to be freed by you." Song from DHMiS.
I'm gonna enjoy this a lot... >:3

Ok I don't even care if I look like a rambling idiot again but this needs to be shared.

I just discovered a creepypasta about the Beatles cartoon.

...Not just about the Beatles in general -- but specifically the shitty cartoon that had zero effort put into it and falls into "so bad it's good" territory. Someone wrote a creepypasta about it. That would be like writing a creepypasta about Foodfight or Birdemic.

and

I just

WHY.

They were talking about some kind of a CD they found outside the recording studio and talking about listening to it. (This was strange, as CD's weren't invented until 1976 and the show was produced in the late 60's.)
Oh boy we're off to a great start.

Then the screen went black and Blood started to rain down. But this blood was hyper-realistic.
OH IT'S GONNA BE ONE OF THOSE CREEPYPASTAS. LOVELY.

Then the scene showed Ringo vomiting out red vomit with chunks of brown meat. Something caught my eye. I paused and looked closely at the vomit and there was the face of Hitler.
I can't even comprehend the kind of imagination one would need to come up with something so ridiculously over-the-top like this.

Then the screen showed the recording studio where the Beatles record there music.
Oh boy we got some A+ grammar on this one.

They opened it up, and they found out John's secret... he was a satanist!
Oh of course.

The crying from Ringo didn't sound like normal cartoon crying. It sounded as real as day.
Yo unless you're trying to tell me the sound quality on that VHS tape is abnormally high quality then I have no idea what this even means.

most cartoons do use real human voice actors, you know.

What is "normal cartoon crying" supposed to be, then??

Then the camera zoomed up to the capsule of the bullet that shot Paul. And the capsule said " Your life was already over, Paul."
SLOW THE FUCK DOWN WAS THAT A 'PAUL IS DEAD' REFERENCE?

You gotta be kidding me...

And the gun said "It takes 2 bullets to kill 2 Beatles".
Help I'm crying you guys.

And the weird part was that the prisoner that was right next to John was Mark David Chapman.
WAIT WE'RE SERIOUSLY BRINGING MARK CHAPMAN INTO THIS.

OK.

I was about to take the tape out until the VCR went on fire.
.... I can't deal with this anymore, you guys. :,D

All I can say is, goodbye and see you later.
What a lovely closing sentence.

I am so glad I decided to spend my time on this tonight. XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Neobullseye