adhd-shirt-logo-lg.gif

I can relate.

HERE'S A TIP: Instead of thinking in terms of fully-fleshed out characters, see if you can just limit yourself to OOC rambling, instead. owo That's what I do.
cri

and as for that tip...usually talking things out makes me think about them more rather than helping me get ideas off my mind. But yeah I'm all for rambling. That's what I do best.

So far how many fandoms have I wanted to do characters for? Professor Layton, Layton Brothers, Yu-Gi-Oh, YGOTAS, Happy Tree Friends, the 4 characters I have now, Rusty Lake which like I said somewhere (was it here?) I'm 99% done with, and now also Wizard101 and Baman Piderman. thats like..... >counts on fingers and ends up with 2 on one hand because 12< TWO many.

bUT YEAH i'm going to limit myself to not having more than any other person in this group. So as of now my limit is 5, and Rusty Lake will be that 5th one.

Reactions: Takumi
So far how many fandoms have I wanted to do characters for? Professor Layton, Layton Brothers, Yu-Gi-Oh, YGOTAS, Happy Tree Friends, the 4 characters I have now, Rusty Lake which like I said somewhere (was it here?) I'm 99% done with, and now also Wizard101 and Baman Piderman. thats like..... >counts on fingers and ends up with 2 on one hand because 12< TWO many.
Ohohoho you wanna hear my list??

And bear in mind that most of these are things I wouldn't even know well enough to create a full character for but they're things that I couldn't stop thinking about regardless.

• The Who
  • MLP:FiM
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Zelda
  • Mario
  • Sonic
  • Digimon
  • Homestuck
  • Problem Sleuth
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
  • Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • Super Smash Bros
  • individual fandoms for John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr (they'd be the Beatles' four "daughters" and they'd be adorable -- and yes, I did think up distinct designs and personalities for each)
  • a fandom just for the Yellow Submarine movie
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • Regular Show
  • this isn't a specific fandom but I just get the feeling that a lot of the Disney princess movie fandoms would at first seem to have appearances that match their princesses themselves, but then they can shift into more sinister forms that incorporate attributes of their respective villains -- because, let's face it, the villains of those movies are all much more popular than the heroines.
  • Guitar Hero
  • Rock Band
  • Torchwood
  • Schoolhouse Rock (not even joking)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
I feel like I'm forgetting some, though. But yeah, the point is, I also think up far too many characters. I know how it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takumi
I've also been thinking a lot about what the grimdark forms of various fandoms here would be like -- even though we'll probably never have a reason for anyone to go grimdark.

If he challenges you to SSB4, with items on and letting you pick the stage, that means it's just a friendly match.

But if he challenges you to Melee, items off, Final Destination -- that means there's a score to settle.
Inversely, if he challenges you to this, you know he just want to flex his OHKO skills to boost his confidence or something.

Ohohoho you wanna hear my list??

And bear in mind that most of these are things I wouldn't even know well enough to create a full character for but they're things that I couldn't stop thinking about regardless.

• The Who
  • MLP:FiM
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Zelda
  • Mario
  • Sonic
  • Digimon
  • Homestuck
  • Problem Sleuth
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
  • Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • Super Smash Bros
  • individual fandoms for John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr (they'd be the Beatles' four "daughters" and they'd be adorable -- and yes, I did think up distinct designs and personalities for each)
  • a fandom just for the Yellow Submarine movie
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • Regular Show
  • this isn't a specific fandom but I just get the feeling that a lot of the Disney princess movie fandoms would at first seem to have appearances that match their princesses themselves, but then they can shift into more sinister forms that incorporate attributes of their respective villains -- because, let's face it, the villains of those movies are all much more popular than the heroines.
  • Guitar Hero
  • Rock Band
  • Torchwood
  • Schoolhouse Rock (not even joking)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
I feel like I'm forgetting some, though. But yeah, the point is, I also think up far too many characters. I know how it is.
dear gawd dat list tho (O . O)

now i don't feel so bad.....

I'm still gonna limit myself though.

o_o What is this.
A fanmade flashgame in which, and I kid you not, every character is OP. There is a sequel though, that is much more balanced, and resembles Brawl in many ways.

If he challenges you to SSB4, with items on and letting you pick the stage, that means it's just a friendly match.

But if he challenges you to Melee, items off, Final Destination -- that means there's a score to settle.
What if he adds Fox Only to that last one?

I've also been thinking a lot about what the grimdark forms of various fandoms here would be like -- even though we'll probably never have a reason for anyone to go grimdark.
Also what's grimdark?

Seems like there are a lot of alternate versions we could think about, if they ever arise. Like an akumatized version of a fandom (I FORGOT THAT MIRACULOUS LADYBUG WAS ON MY LIST OF THINGS I WANTED TO DOOOOO), or a 2P, or Trickster mode (which I know already happened but it could happen again), or alternate universe version

there's a lot of stuff with alternate selves...

Also what's grimdark?

Seems like there are a lot of alternate versions we could think about, if they ever arise. Like an akumatized version of a fandom (I FORGOT THAT MIRACULOUS LADYBUG WAS ON MY LIST OF THINGS I WANTED TO DOOOOO), or a 2P, or Trickster mode (which I know already happened but it could happen again), or alternate universe version

there's a lot of stuff with alternate selves...
Fanfics. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

dear gawd dat list tho (O . O)

now i don't feel so bad.....

I'm still gonna limit myself though.
Well, yes, you should definitely limit yourself. Just because I come up with all these ideas doesn't mean I get anywhere close to using all of them. XD Although I still sort of want to use some of them...

Also what's grimdark?
Grimdark is another Homestuck thing. The easy way to explain it would be that it's an "evil" version of a character, but I don't think that's entirely accurate. I suppose a more accurate description would be... dangerously insane?

For example, I feel like grimdark Doctor Who would take on a personality more similar to the Master than the Doctor. OwO

In-canon, grimdark changes a character's skin to a dark gray color, makes their eyes glow, and leaves them surrounded in a dark aura. Some have described it as being sort of a dark opposite of Trickster Mode (though I'm not sure that's completely accurate, either) -- and anyway, grimdark is also a lot harder to make happen (seeing as how it comes from giant tentacles monsters as opposed to magic candy -- and it isn't contagious, either).

Why are there always giant tentacle monsters? O_O
Despite the comic ending recently, we never got a definitive answer as to why those creatures existed.

But they did create the dream bubbles that served as an afterlife, so, they filled an important role, at least. :D

People have tried to come up with many theories as to why they exist, though... one of the more sinister ones I heard is that they're all mutations of multiple versions of a certain character who's implied to be immortal. What if his immortality made it so that he couldn't even be erased from the doomed timelines? What would happen to him, abandoned on the edge of existence like that? What would all those copies of him become? The answer: horrorterrors (which is the canon name for said tentacle monsters... subtle, I know).

So I MAAAAAYYYY have "accidentally" spent the past 3-4 hours writing a full CS for Wizard 101. And I MAAAAAYYYY have "accidentally" come up with a great idea for how to introduce her to the IC. But obviously the problem is that I already have 4 characters, I already had plans to make Rusty Lake my next character, and I only just recently decided a plan of action for Daymare Town's introduction to the IC. But then again, I REALLY wanna do the idea I had for W101 soon, because my idea involves the current situation with Exdeath and I think the encounter would go very well or horribly be very fun/interesting.

So here's what I want to do.

I'll actually drop Daymare Town for now, because I have no idea what I want to do with him once he's in the IC. He'd be just THERE while other fandoms who can actually do stuff are actually doing stuff. The most he'd be doing is nosying around and trying to break things with his hammer and push levers and buttons he finds, and if he's anywhere near Exdeath while he's doing that I doubt the encounter would end anywhere near "well". So at least for now I'll take him off my list of characters. If I can put him on reserve for an indefinite amount of time then sure why not, because I will eventually pick him up again but not anytime soon.

Instead, I want to have Wizard101 be the character finding Exdeath's tower with Pokemon. I'll post my CS for Wizard101 and if it's approved I'll have HER make her way to Exdeath's tower. And she will duel him, because that's what wizards do. They duel people. Especially the bad guys. Duel them so hard.

I still want Rusty Lake to be the NEXT next character I pick up. I'll take him as my 5th character before I take back Daymare Town. Since I'm now sticking to a rule of not having the most characters, I'll only take Daymare Town back if someone else here gets 6 characters. Or if my self control cracks and I just gotta have him. Whichever happens first. The latter MIGHT happen if things calm down and there aren't any evil RPG villains that would destroy him for pushing a button, or hitting something with a hammer, or pushing a button with a hammer.

@Kaga-kun , is this all cool with you? I know I change my mind a lot but this time I'm CERTAIN about my course of action.

I'm sorry that I haven't finished SCP, or posted IC.

I don't have writer's block, I've just been busy, and when I haven't, I haven't felt motivated to do anything.

Like, at all.

So I MAAAAAYYYY have "accidentally" spent the past 3-4 hours writing a full CS for Wizard 101. And I MAAAAAYYYY have "accidentally" come up with a great idea for how to introduce her to the IC. But obviously the problem is that I already have 4 characters, I already had plans to make Rusty Lake my next character, and I only just recently decided a plan of action for Daymare Town's introduction to the IC. But then again, I REALLY wanna do the idea I had for W101 soon, because my idea involves the current situation with Exdeath and I think the encounter would go very well or horribly be very fun/interesting.

So here's what I want to do.

I'll actually drop Daymare Town for now, because I have no idea what I want to do with him once he's in the IC. He'd be just THERE while other fandoms who can actually do stuff are actually doing stuff. The most he'd be doing is nosying around and trying to break things with his hammer and push levers and buttons he finds, and if he's anywhere near Exdeath while he's doing that I doubt the encounter would end anywhere near "well". So at least for now I'll take him off my list of characters. If I can put him on reserve for an indefinite amount of time then sure why not, because I will eventually pick him up again but not anytime soon.

Instead, I want to have Wizard101 be the character finding Exdeath's tower with Pokemon. I'll post my CS for Wizard101 and if it's approved I'll have HER make her way to Exdeath's tower. And she will duel him, because that's what wizards do. They duel people. Especially the bad guys. Duel them so hard.

I still want Rusty Lake to be the NEXT next character I pick up. I'll take him as my 5th character before I take back Daymare Town. Since I'm now sticking to a rule of not having the most characters, I'll only take Daymare Town back if someone else here gets 6 characters. Or if my self control cracks and I just gotta have him. Whichever happens first. The latter MIGHT happen if things calm down and there aren't any evil RPG villains that would destroy him for pushing a button, or hitting something with a hammer, or pushing a button with a hammer.

@Kaga-kun , is this all cool with you? I know I change my mind a lot but this time I'm CERTAIN about my course of action.
Eh, I guess I'd be alright with that, so long as you're sure of what you're doing. XD

I'm sorry that I haven't finished SCP, or posted IC.

I don't have writer's block, I've just been busy, and when I haven't, I haven't felt motivated to do anything.

Like, at all.
How about this: instead of working on SPC, you just focus on getting an IC post up. You can put off your CS as long as you want and it won't cause any issues -- the IC, on the other hand, is a completely different matter. Hopefully having one less thing on your plate will help you focus on writing a post.

And if you still need help at that point, I'd be willing to offer some ideas. Getting started is always the hardest part -- once you have a plan for what you want to include in a post, it's a lot easier to piece it together.

• Thank You
Reactions: Minerva
Eh, I guess I'd be alright with that, so long as you're sure of what you're doing. XD

How about this: instead of working on SPC, you just focus on getting an IC post up. You can put off your CS as long as you want and it won't cause any issues -- the IC, on the other hand, is a completely different matter. Hopefully having one less thing on your plate will help you focus on writing a post.

And if you still need help at that point, I'd be willing to offer some ideas. Getting started is always the hardest part -- once you have a plan for what you want to include in a post, it's a lot easier to piece it together.

Alright, sounds good.