• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
k2-_db477f88-7192-4827-995a-e5cd0cfb077f.v1.jpg

Know the difference​
Ohhhh yeah...

Well, he could probably hook the PS4 up with AV cables, right...?

I dunno I don't own one and I never took a close look at his.

ANYWAY HE SAYS OUR CRT TV DOESN'T HAVE VERY GOOD RESOLUTION and that's good enough of an excuse I guess.

Ohhhh yeah...

Well, he could probably hook the PS4 up with AV cables, right...?

I dunno I don't own one and I never took a close look at his.

ANYWAY HE SAYS OUR CRT TV DOESN'T HAVE VERY GOOD RESOLUTION and that's good enough of an excuse I guess.
Nope. Ps4 is hdmi only, at least from what I can tell, because I own one. And TVS with poor resolution are also a problem.

Nope. Ps4 is hdmi only, at least from what I can tell, because I own one. And TVS with poor resolution are also a problem.
Hrm. Fair enough, then.

Still though, there is at least one other really nice TV with a large screen and HDMI ports in this house. Too bad I've claimed that one for now. :P

@LalaTokyo

So it just dawned on me... Adventure Time is crazy influential. Like, basically the face of the cartoon revival of the 2010's. Its success spawned a new era of cartoons all trying to mimic its art style and humor, which, yes, led to a lot of cheap knockoffs at first -- but pretty soon led to cartoons that were legitimately inspired by Adventure Time, rather than trying to rip it off. Its image became a prime example of how to do cartoons right. Wacky character designs made from simple shapes and noodle arms became the norm of the early 2010's. But, after a while, this common style began to evolve and take on new forms -- giving us shows that still had vague roots in the revolutionary Adventure Time style, but were still very much their own thing -- shows like Gravity Falls, Over the Garden Wall, Steven Universe -- hell, even Rick & Morty has clear roots in this early 2010's, AT-inspired era.

Do you know what this means?

It means that the Adventure Time fandom -- in the eyes of all the other cartoon fandoms from the 2010's, and all those yet to come -- is truly a hero, not just as a sword-swinging adventurer, but also in that she's the reason why a whole new era of awesome cartoons can exist, pulling the entire Western cartoon industry out of the lull of the 2000's and showing the world what cartoons are capable of, and what they can inspire.

And that, is truly... mathematical. OwO

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

@LalaTokyo @Takumi @JoJo @Neobullseye @Gwazi Magnum @The Silver Paladin @AquaTheLita @Rithas @Raven

I finally added a "General Summary" section to the OP!! Hopefully this will make my life much easier in regards to writing summaries for new members -- and it should also serve as a useful reference for the rest of you. If you have the time, please look it over and make sure there are no glaring mistakes that need to be changed.

Additionally, while I'm here... I'm planning on adding a library to the noteworthy locations list. After looking at Doctor Who, A:TLA, and Night Vale, I've determined that a Fandom Square library would be a terrifying place indeed. XP Can anyone name any other scary or otherwise dangerous libraries from other series? I'm open to suggestions for adding to this. (Oh, and DHM will also work as a librarian there. ...Because why not.)
Looks good to me. I'll give it another look later today though cuz I read it late at night and might have missed something.

I can't think of other fandoms with crazy libraries. I know plenty of things that INVOLVE libraries, or have featured libraries. Daymare Town is one. But I already said he wouldn't work at the library.

DHM as librarian.....probably not wise. But it's gonna happen anyway XD.

Speaking of the Library, as well as guard for the Vault, SCP (when I finish him.) could also be a librarian.

This is a reference to The Wanderer's Library, which is this enemy group to the SCP Foundation and a magical organization.

He could also be a professor (Alexylva University), an FBI agent (UIU), an UN soldier with magic (Global Occult Coalition), and the CEO of a company that makes horrifying products for kids (Dr. Wondertainment), as well as CEO of a number of Foundation Front Companies.

God, I need to finish this CS.

On a completely different topic: BEHOLD! The ultimate Eurovision Song Contest Song

Seriously, watch it; it's freaking hilarious XD

Speaking of the Library, as well as guard for the Vault, SCP (when I finish him.) could also be a librarian.

This is a reference to The Wanderer's Library, which is this enemy group to the SCP Foundation and a magical organization.

He could also be a professor (Alexylva University), an FBI agent (UIU), an UN soldier with magic (Global Occult Coalition), and the CEO of a company that makes horrifying products for kids (Dr. Wondertainment), as well as CEO of a number of Foundation Front Companies.

God, I need to finish this CS.
...Are you suggesting he fill all of these roles or just, like... only some of them?

...Are you suggesting he fill all of these roles or just, like... only some of them?

All of them, because they're incredibly important roles in SCP Canon as well as the fandom.

Yo

@LalaTokyo @Gwazi Magnum @JoJo @Neobullseye @Rithas @AquaTheLita @The Silver Paladin @Raven

I've decided that I really need to flesh out the Council a bit more and solidify how they even work. Such a thing just seems... necessary, at this point.

I'll also be playing around a lot with NPC's in the near future! Because, well, all the scenes that have taken place in the city so far (which is most of them) just feel so... empty, as if our characters are the only ones around. And that just doesn't seem right. Also, some of those NPC's will be ~Council staff~ whose job it is to CLEAN UP AFTER NONSENSE HAPPENS, which is important, because I'd rather the city not remain in a permanent post-apocalyptic state.

This also means that I can play around with NPC fandoms, which should be fun! Put all that extra creativity of mine to use...

• Useful
Reactions: Raven
Yo

@LalaTokyo @Gwazi Magnum @JoJo @Neobullseye @Rithas @AquaTheLita @The Silver Paladin @Raven

I've decided that I really need to flesh out the Council a bit more and solidify how they even work. Such a thing just seems... necessary, at this point.

I'll also be playing around a lot with NPC's in the near future! Because, well, all the scenes that have taken place in the city so far (which is most of them) just feel so... empty, as if our characters are the only ones around. And that just doesn't seem right. Also, some of those NPC's will be ~Council staff~ whose job it is to CLEAN UP AFTER NONSENSE HAPPENS, which is important, because I'd rather the city not remain in a permanent post-apocalyptic state.

This also means that I can play around with NPC fandoms, which should be fun! Put all that extra creativity of mine to use...
Wait, I thought that we weren't supposed to make use of NPCs too much? Or was that about Fandom-specific NPCs, with generic NPCs being perfectly legit?

Wait, I thought that we weren't supposed to make use of NPCs too much? Or was that about Fandom-specific NPCs, with generic NPCs being perfectly legit?
That was in reference to human(oid) fandomena. For example, having a fandom interact with countless "humans" that would essentially be the nameless background characters in their series of origin, because that just feels... weird, for a number of reasons.

Now I'm talking about full-fledged fandoms, who are also NPC's, because I want to use my excess creativity to assign half-thought-up fandom characters to Council positions and that sort of thing. :P (And they'd all basically have one-off appearances, anyway, so it's not like I have to worry about playing them for too long...)

And even then, I'd say this is still mainly a GM thing. I dunno if I really want to hand this sort of capability out to the players at large -- too much room for confusion and misinterpretations, too many more things for me to keep track of. @_@

Besides, the whole reason why I plan on adding in these sorts of things is for town maintenance, and that sort of thing. And that just makes sense as a GM position to begin with. :P

Still, I'm glad you asked. Hopefully this clears things up for anyone who might've been similarly confused.

(Edit: Also, I'm not sure what other "generic NPC's" would exist in the first place, since fandoms and fandomena are essentially the only things that exist in the Fandomverse -- which is where most of the RP by far has taken place. o.o )

@JoJo Sorry, sort of had to do some things with Trigun's post in order to A) clear up what exactly happened to OFF, since he technically really isn't a drop-out, and B) set the group up for some things that Neo and I have planned... :P

At any rate, this means that Dandy and Bebop may have been lucky enough to head down the right path in the first place. Or maybe they didn't. I didn't want to control your characters so I left it ambiguous. :P

I would just like to bring up the fact that, in the most recent episode of Steven Universe, a certain character (I don't want to name names because spoilers) fell into a crack in the ground during an earthquake. And it happened so quickly and anti-climatically that we're all like 99% sure that she's not actually dead and she'll turn up again sooner or later.

But anyway

in response to this

within 24 hours of this episode airing (or perhaps even sooner!!)

The entirety of Tumblr is just like "I know where she is -- the underground from Undertale". And everywhere I look, I'm just seeing fanart of this character lying face-down in that bed of flowers from the beginning of the game, fanart of her interacting with different characters from Undertale, fanart of how she would react to various plot points in the game, fanmade sprites of what this character would look like in Undertale's art style.

Like, people were making jokes about this pretty much immediately after the episode aired -- but that happened last Thursday, and now it's still happening, and all the fanart is just getting more complex and more creative as people have more and more time to make stuff and it's just... everywhere.

And everyone has collectively agreed to call this crossover [character's name]tale. You can just toss that title around casually and everyone will know what you mean, because everyone has accepted it and no one is asking questions.

It's beautiful, you guys.

@Gwazi Magnum Yo so this isn't a huge issue, but I'd prefer if we all used the term "fandomena" instead of "fandom-based entities", partially just for consistency's sake, but also largely because the term "fandom-based entities" proved to be way too confusing, which is why I changed it (and if both terms are still in use, then that makes things even more confusing... o_o ).

Just want to keep everyone on the same page and all that.