• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
... Wait, when did we change it!? ;A;

Ok, I'm disappointed about the TV, too, and it sucks that I can't use the DVD player or the DVR, but you don't see me scrambling to de-wire the cable box and rig it up to something else like I'm desperate for my next fix. @_@

Edit: ALSO, WE HAVE A TV IN THE SAME ROOM AS THE PC THAT IS AT LEAST TWICE AS LARGE AS THE "PC MONITOR", AND IT IS ALREADY CONSIDERED A "GAMING TV" IN THIS HOUSE SINCE IT HAS THE WII HOOKED UP TO IT. YOU'D THINK HE COULD'VE JUST USED THAT INSTEAD OF OUR SHITTY PC RIG??? Besides, the Wii TV is one of those old, boxy CRT's... I heard gamers like those cuz there's no lag... In any case, I'm sure it's better than the teeny tiny LCD monitor that always seems to cut off the edges of the screen no matter how much we fiddle with the settings. (Er, wait, I think the CRT does that, too... it's just not quite as noticeable because it's bigger... hmmm...)

Edit2: It just occurred to me that there are several decently-sized TV's in this house that are currently not in use because our parents are out of town. So... fuck it, I actually just might move the DVD player to one of those.
To be fair, unplugging a console isn't that hard work. It's like 5-10 minutes of labour for hours of fun.

But I have to question his choice of monitor. :/

... Wait, when did we change it!? ;A;
=_= ...Are you serious?

There were multiple announcements about this, dating back to months ago.

I mentioned multiple times that we needed a new word since "FBE" was way too confusing.

Neo suggested fandomena/on.

I made an announcement saying that was the new word, and I edited what used to be the explanation of FBE's on the OP, replacing all instances of that word.

I have used the word "fandomena" regularly any time it came up in discussion.

And after a good long while of it being in-use, I, much more recently, added a new tab to the OP labeled "Fandomena" and made an announcement about this new tab being a thing.

I always tag all the members of this RP -- which definitely includes you -- every time I make an announcement like that.

I just... don't understand how you could've missed all of this. I legitimately don't see how.

I probably just assumed it was interchangeable terms/names...

I'm not good with terminology.

Ok... but... you at least saw all those announcements and saw that this was a new term that we're using, right? You didn't miss those?

In any case, to clarify: it was not meant to be interchangeable. It was meant to completely replace an old name because the old name was too confusing. ...And keeping them both around could make things more confusing as it could imply that the two are separate things or that there's some sort of distinction between them, which there isn't.

...So yeah, especially from an IC perspective, I would prefer if we just stick with "fandomena", just so that everyone's together and no one's confused...

I'm sorry but managing this RP sometimes feels like this massive struggle between not wanting to baby everyone but then also realizing that people are surprisingly lost on a lot of things that I assumed everyone knew...

But... I really don't want to repeat "the test"... so...

*facedesk* I dunno what to do with all this sometimes...

Edit: SEE NOW I FEEL LIKE I'M BEING TOO CONDESCENDING IN SAYING THAT

BUT LIKE

MEHHH.....

...You sound like you really had some sort of attachment to the old terminology.

This surprises me -- I thought for sure that "fandomena" sounded far less clunky and would roll off the tongue much better.

...You sound like you really had some sort of attachment to the old terminology.

This surprises me -- I thought for sure that "fandomena" sounded far less clunky and would roll off the tongue much better.
Well, I didn't want to say anything but since you asked...

We were dating.​

Speaking of the Library, as well as guard for the Vault, SCP (when I finish him.) could also be a librarian.

This is a reference to The Wanderer's Library, which is this enemy group to the SCP Foundation and a magical organization.

He could also be a professor (Alexylva University), an FBI agent (UIU), an UN soldier with magic (Global Occult Coalition), and the CEO of a company that makes horrifying products for kids (Dr. Wondertainment), as well as CEO of a number of Foundation Front Companies.

God, I need to finish this CS.
How would those factor into the actual world setting though? Those seem more like roles that someone in the SCP universe would fill, not the fandom itself in the Fandom Square. What companies would actually be in this setting? And what schools....?

How would those factor into the actual world setting though? Those seem more like roles that someone in the SCP universe would fill, not the fandom itself in the Fandom Square. What companies would actually be in this setting? And what schools....?
All of them, because all of the organizations are created by the SCP Fandom. It's one of those things where the Fandom is also the creators, since it's a wiki.

Ok, that's a good point, I didn't think SP's post through very carefully when I read this.

The Fandomverse doesn't exactly have an FBI or a UN, but it has the Council. :P Granted, we already established that SCP would work for the Council... but I guess it's plausible that he could have multiple roles within it.

The CEO of a company? Maybe... I'll have to think that one through a bit more. In any case, you'll probably just have to pick one company...

Yo

@LalaTokyo @Gwazi Magnum @JoJo @Neobullseye @Rithas @AquaTheLita @The Silver Paladin @Raven

I've decided that I really need to flesh out the Council a bit more and solidify how they even work. Such a thing just seems... necessary, at this point.

I'll also be playing around a lot with NPC's in the near future! Because, well, all the scenes that have taken place in the city so far (which is most of them) just feel so... empty, as if our characters are the only ones around. And that just doesn't seem right. Also, some of those NPC's will be ~Council staff~ whose job it is to CLEAN UP AFTER NONSENSE HAPPENS, which is important, because I'd rather the city not remain in a permanent post-apocalyptic state.
I feel like a Miraculous Ladybug fandom would be good on the Council. Cuz the idea of "cleaning up" reminds me a lot of Ladybug's ability to clean up the damage done by Akumatized villains after she catches the akuma...

>suddenly wants to make an ML character<

aqua no.
@Gwazi Magnum Yo so this isn't a huge issue, but I'd prefer if we all used the term "fandomena" instead of "fandom-based entities", partially just for consistency's sake, but also largely because the term "fandom-based entities" proved to be way too confusing, which is why I changed it (and if both terms are still in use, then that makes things even more confusing... o_o ).

Just want to keep everyone on the same page and all that.

I'm on Gwazi's side here. tbh I don't like the new term either. I like the idea of fandom-based entities because they seem just like that: entities that are from a fandom (such as the Daleks or the golbins or the Indomunous Rex). To me a Fandomena seems like a fandom phenomenon which would be an event (such as the Trickster Mode stuff) rather than an entity. But that's just my interpretation. I'd rather use that old terminology because it's a pretty valid distinction. But if we're all switching to using only Fandomena then I guess I'll go with the flow.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
All of them, because all of the organizations are created by the SCP Fandom. It's one of those things where the Fandom is also the creators, since it's a wiki.
I understand that the SCP Foundation is a wiki. But I still don't see how that factors into all of these things being plausible in the Fandomverse.

UNLESS YOU'RE SAYING SCP WOULD JUST SET UP SHOP IN THE HUMAN WORLD, but, depending on what he's doing, the Council might not be very fond of that.

Which, all things considered, feels like it would be a conflict of interest. XD

*gasp* Unless you're telling me that SCP Fandom is a corrupt politician, breaking the rules and abusing the system...!!

All of them, because all of the organizations are created by the SCP Fandom. It's one of those things where the Fandom is also the creators, since it's a wiki.O
Oh damn. That's a good point.
The Fandomverse doesn't exactly have an FBI or a UN, but it has the Council. :P Granted, we already established that SCP would work for the Council... but I guess it's plausible that he could have multiple roles within it.

The CEO of a company? Maybe... I'll have to think that one through a bit more. In any case, you'll probably just have to pick one company...
Exactly my point. Makes sense for SCP to fill those roles outside of Fandom Square, but how would it work within the city? I assume they would be on the council, and work with that containment place, and be on law enforcement, but I don't understand the company CEO bit....

I understand that the SCP Foundation is a wiki. But I still don't see how that factors into all of these things being plausible in the Fandomverse.

UNLESS YOU'RE SAYING SCP WOULD JUST SET UP SHOP IN THE HUMAN WORLD, but, depending on what he's doing, the Council might not be very fond of that.

Which, all things considered, feels like it would be a conflict of interest. XD

*gasp* Unless you're telling me that SCP Fandom is a corrupt politician, breaking the rules and abusing the system...!!
Ok, that's a good point, I didn't think SP's post through very carefully when I read this.

In canon, the SCP Foundation and Global Occult Coalition are actually ABOVE the Governments. They pretty much do anything, as long as the Status Quo is kept, so it COULD work like that. I don't know, it was just a joke I made.

I feel like a Miraculous Ladybug fandom would be good on the Council. Cuz the idea of "cleaning up" reminds me a lot of Ladybug's ability to clean up the damage done by Akumatized villains after she catches the akuma...
:3 That is useful! I'll have to do some research on this...

As well as on Sims... whom I feel could potentially be a valuable team member, but probably also a little bit of a sociopath. They'd probably have to team him up with someone like MLP to keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't do anything insane.

I'm on Gwazi's side here. tbh I don't like the new term either. I like the idea of fandom-based entities because they seem just like that: entities that are from a fandom (such as the Daleks or the golbins or the Indomunous Rex). To me a Fandomena seems like a fandom phenomenon which would be an event (such as the Trickster Mode stuff) rather than an entity. But that's just my interpretation. I'd rather use that old terminology because it's a pretty valid distinction. But if we're all switching to using only Fandomena then I guess I'll go with the flow.
:/ It has already been made abundantly clear to me, in practice, how confusing the term "fandom-based entity" was -- given the fact that everyone confused them with fandoms, which made trying to talk about them very difficult.

Especially when I felt like an idiot trying to be like "no no no you're thinking of fandoms specifically... which I sometimes call 'fandom entities'... but that's totally different from 'fandom-based entities'... because that isn't confusing at all..."

We went with the whole "fandom phenomenon" thing because the very existence of any of these things is definitely a "phenomenon" which comes from fandoms, so that works. And also because A) it doesn't sound terribly clunky and B) it was an improvement over THE AWFUL ORIGINAL NAME, not to mention C) no one had suggested anything better.

So yeah, I saw Neo's suggestion and ran with it, because I was desperate to ditch the old, confusing name -- and I didn't see anything better coming up anytime soon.

*Questions raising a FBE revolution*

In canon, the SCP Foundation and Global Occult Coalition are actually ABOVE the Governments. They pretty much do anything, as long as the Status Quo is kept, so it COULD work like that. I don't know, it was just a joke I made.
Then I should probably give you the same warning I gave Gwazi a while back:

When it comes to managing this RP in particular and making it clear what people can and can't do, you have to be really obvious when you're joking -- otherwise I sort of have to assume you're being serious. Jokes will fly straight over my head in this particular context. Really.

So, that being said, let's start over...

What did you want to do with SCP? Because now I don't know which parts were serious and which parts were a joke.