• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
AAAAAH I WAS CATCHING UP ON MLP AND THERE WAS THIS EPISODE THAT WAS A DETECTIVE PARODY AND I LOOKED AT THE BACKGROUND PONIES AND

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-21%20at%2011.16.52%20PM.png

are

are they

are they supposed to be who I think they're supposed to be?

cuz

I mean

they look

they look a lot like

sherlock_bbc.jpg

Is that what's going on here???

AND THEN

I kept watching the episode

and they showed up again

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-21%20at%2011.26.27%20PM.png

Except this time they were only on-screen for a split second as they chased some other character across the foreground.

And so I decided to go back in the video and pause at the right moment to see who exactly they were chasing

and

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-21%20at%2011.25.40%20PM.png

OH MY GOD

Also @Gen. Gwazi Senpai you're going to have to explain to me what sort of fandom inside joke I'm missing here because I'm seriously confused as to why Sherlock's cutie mark is a bee.

BUT YEAH can we just take a minute to applaud the character designers on this show for being able to so brilliantly capture a person's likeness in the form of a cartoon horse because wow they look just like them. @_@

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Also @Gen. Gwazi Senpai you're going to have to explain to me what sort of fandom inside joke I'm missing here because I'm seriously confused as to why Sherlock's cutie mark is a bee.
I'm just as lost there as you are. :P
Remember I've only seen new Sherlock.

Just because I play Sherlock in the RP doesn't mean I know everything about him. :P

+Fun Fact: I'm several seasons behind on Red VS Blue.

I'm just as lost there as you are. :P
Remember I've only seen new Sherlock.
Well, I'm assuming that these characters are only meant to resemble that of BBC Sherlock, since they clearly put a lot of effort into mimicking those particular versions of them.

If they were going for a more generic Sherlock Holmes pony, I can guarantee he'd look quite a bit different. :P

Just because I play Sherlock in the RP doesn't mean I know everything about him. :P
I didn't expect you to be an expert. But you've been a fan longer than I have, and I'm willing to bet that, unlike me, you've actually seen at least some of the episodes more than once, soo... yeah, just thought you might have some insight to that. XD

I mean, I'm assuming that an homage this detailed would pick something that makes sense, sooo...

+Fun Fact: I'm several seasons behind on Red VS Blue
And I never finished the Trigun manga.

We all have our sins.

Well, I'm assuming that these characters are only meant to resemble that of BBC Sherlock, since they clearly put a lot of effort into mimicking those particular versions of them.

If they were going for a more generic Sherlock Holmes pony, I can guarantee he'd look quite a bit different. :P
Yea that's true. :P
I didn't expect you to be an expert. But you've been a fan longer than I have, and I'm willing to bet that, unlike me, you've actually seen at least some of the episodes more than once, soo... yeah, just thought you might have some insight to that. XD
Nah. I normally don't re-watch things. :P

The only exception to that is if I'm showing it to a friend.
Though I am honestly debating breaking that rule for Fate Zero.
We all have our sins.
*Bathes in the Sin*

Nah. I normally don't re-watch things. :P
Really? I'm surprised.

Normally if there's something I really like, I'll try to re-watch at least parts of it every so often so that it'll stick in my memory better. It's amazing how much you'll forget of something if you only watch it once and let the months and years tick on after that.

I can look at people making crazy Sherlock theories on Tumblr and not understand a lick of what they're saying because I forgot all the intricate details. @_@ I don't think I can even remember some of the main plot elements in a lot of those episodes!

So yeah, been meaning to re-watch that one.

And then there are times when I'm looking through the TV schedule for Doctor Who or MLP or something and I'll see an episode title and think "oh hey, I remember that episode being good, but I haven't seen it in a while -- I should watch it again!" and then I'll re-watch it and realize just how much I've forgotten since last time. Sometimes I honestly don't even remember how it's going to end! XD Which is funny, because sometimes you think you know an episode of a show really well, but then you actually watch it again and... yeah.

Although, Doctor Who gives me multiple reasons to re-watch it -- one being the mere enjoyment of re-visiting old episodes, and the other being that so many of those episodes are filled with Classic references that I wouldn't have caught the first time through. XD

Also I've legitimately seen some episodes of Steven Universe at least ten times, and there are a bunch of reasons as to why that show is so re-watchable...

But seriously, I've probably memorized some of those episodes line-by-line by now. @_@

Our Champloo guy hasn't been online since last weekend.

tumblr_inline_mox24k1spN1qz4rgp.gif

Our Champloo guy hasn't been online since last weekend.

tumblr_inline_mox24k1spN1qz4rgp.gif
┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ).

Please do not harm the forniture. Tables have feelings too, you know! D:

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-23%20at%2010.08.41%20AM.png

I'VE BOUGHT THEIR ALBUMS FOR THAT KIND OF MONEY AND NOW YOU'RE TRYING TO TELL ME...

AJKSDLFDJKL

tumblr_nri3pezC6P1so66ebo1_500.gif

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-23%20at%2010.08.41%20AM.png

I'VE BOUGHT THEIR ALBUMS FOR THAT KIND OF MONEY AND NOW YOU'RE TRYING TO TELL ME...

AJKSDLFDJKL

tumblr_nri3pezC6P1so66ebo1_500.gif
Is that really any surprise?

Is that really any surprise?
@_@ Ok I wasn't surprised at merely the sight of the un-adjusted ticket prices, not only because I've seen them before but also because I'm aware that inflation is a thing and so of course the prices will look incredibly low to me.

But, despite being aware of inflation, I had never actually considered trying to calculate what the modern equivalent of those prices would be, and, having seen them...

THE TICKETS FOR PAUL MCCARTNEY'S LATEST TOUR WERE PRICIER THAN THAT. SOME OF THEM WAY PRICIER.

THAT IS ONE OUT OF THE FOUR BEATLES, WHO, although he is still incredibly talented, especially for his age, IS NOT EVEN AT THE PEAK OF HIS POPULARITY ANYMORE.

I'M SORRY I'M HAVING A HARD TIME COMPREHENDING JUST HOW AFFORDABLE IT WOULD'VE BEEN TO SEE THE BEATLES. LIVE.

Also!!! Remember when I said that I wanted to post that one picture of John Lennon that Paul had taken while he was asleep, but couldn't find it?

Well, I was searching for it online and, uh, turns out I had a copy saved on my computer this whole time...

Last edited:
@_@ Ok I wasn't surprised at merely the sight of the un-adjusted ticket prices, not only because I've seen them before but also because I'm aware that inflation is a thing and so of course the prices will look incredibly low to me.

But, despite being aware of inflation, I had never actually considered trying to calculate what the modern equivalent of those prices would be, and, having seen them...

THE TICKETS FOR PAUL MCCARTNEY'S LATEST TOUR WERE PRICIER THAN THAT. SOME OF THEM WAY PRICIER.

THAT IS ONE OUT OF THE FOUR BEATLES, WHO, although he is still incredibly talented, especially for his age, IS NOT EVEN AT THE PEAK OF HIS POPULARITY ANYMORE.

I'M SORRY I'M HAVING A HARD TIME COMPREHENDING JUST HOW AFFORDABLE IT WOULD'VE BEEN TO SEE THE BEATLES. LIVE.

Also!!! Remember forever when I said that I wanted to post that one picture of John Lennon that Paul had taken while he was asleep, but couldn't find it?

Well, I was searching for it online and, uh, turns out I had a copy saved on my computer this whole time...
Well, No it shouldn't even be a surprise.

Like Inflation doesn't even matter. Things have gone with inflation and then increased another shit ton. Like, everything has done that

*grumbe* damn government and their taxes *grumble*

Well, No it shouldn't even be a surprise.

Like Inflation doesn't even matter. Things have gone with inflation and then increased another shit ton. Like, everything has done that

*grumbe* damn government and their taxes *grumble*
...I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying.

I am not at all surprised that inflation is a thing. Nor am I surprised that the modern prices would be way higher than the original ones.

In fact, I am surprised for the opposite reason -- like, I'm impressed that they're still as low as they are. I would've expected those numbers to be higher.

NOT BECAUSE INFLATION, BUT BECAUSE BEATLES.

Like, I'm not even trying to emphasize inflation as a bad thing, I'm just acknowledging that it's a thing that exists. And it is the reason why I did not notice until now how low the ticket prices actually were, because, despite owning a poster that is essentially an ad for one of the Beatles concerts, with the ticket prices on it, I really couldn't conceptualize how much those prices really were, because, I knew that the prices only seemed low because of inflation and that they'd actually be much higher by modern standards.

It's like knowing the price of something in a foreign currency -- even if you know that the price of something in your own currency is supposed to be way lower or way higher than the number you're looking at, it's still hard to conceptualize just how much it would be lower or higher until you do the math.

I am not at all trying to make some sort of social commentary on inflation. I am only commenting on the fact that, now knowing what exactly those ticket prices equate to, I am blown away by how affordable they were.

Somehow I expected that one of the most successful bands of all time and the band whose fans pretty much embodied what would become the quintessential image of a crazed fangirl would've charged a bit more. That's all.

Also I've only taken a high school level course in economics but even I know that inflation is a smidgen more complicated than merely 'government and its taxes' sooooo...

Also inflation that happened in the past isn't nearly as important as the current rate of inflation seeing as how your money depreciating since the 1960's wouldn't really matter if you didn't have any money saved up in the 1960's to begin with sooooooo...

Yo, I'm back and all. Surprise! I'm using a different computer now, and I'll work with a more manageable load. Namely The two watanabe fandoms, and Metal Gear (because I just finished MGSV)