• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Neooooooo.
"There's probably some healing stuff in there. Look for blue and red potions, and possibly red-golden feathers; the green potions do something else."

I attempted to use the Google but I don't think I found the answer.

What do the green potions do?

Neooooooo.

I attempted to use the Google but I don't think I found the answer.

What do the green potions do?
Those are supposed to be Ethers, or at least the Fandom's version thereof (don't think too much about what could actually be in those bottles). The other potion colors all restore health, but Ethers only restore mana/MP. I... don't think those will help Beatles a whole lot in this situation :P.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
Those are supposed to be Ethers, or at least the Fandom's version thereof (don't think too much about what could actually be in those bottles). The other potion colors all restore health, but Ethers only restore mana/MP. I... don't think those will help Beatles a whole lot in this situation :P.
Are you suggesting Beatles is not magical??!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
@Kaga-kun you're really embracing coloured dialogue aren't you?

dammit grammarly i don't need the brit spelling for color

@Kaga-kun you're really embracing coloured dialogue aren't you?

dammit grammarly i don't need the brit spelling for color
Yes because I was thinking for a while now that it looks nicer and it makes it easier to skim a post for dialogue and overall people seem to be having fun with what they can do with the colors, but I kept thinking that it would be weird to just suddenly switch out of nowhere, so I kept using plain dialogue.

But then I started playing Triguniverse and started thinking about how much fun it would be to have her dialogue fluctuate between Trigun's red and SU's magenta if her personality starts to split apart (which will most likely happen since, spoiler alert, this is not a healthy mix of minds) and then I also realized that, oh yeah, Trigun would be red and SU would be magenta because I already gave most of my fandoms a signature color when I made their CS's so then I was like "fuck it better late than never" and just went right ahead with it because I had no good reason not to.

Edit: The hard part though was trying to find a color that already didn't look too close to Trigun's red or SU's magenta because those colors are already pretty close as it is, but, meh.

May I join this?

I've been sort of watching, and as a member of the Murder Games, I'm a huge fan of cross fandom RPs.

I've also been a bit afraid to join, because I wouldn't know how to, or if I would be accepted.

I can get my CS up later.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
@Rithas - FF isn't literally missing an arm, mind you. Otherwise how would he be able to lift his sword? That said, I never really described his injury in any detail and it's not all that important anyway, but eh.

May I join this?

I've been sort of watching, and as a member of the Murder Games, I'm a huge fan of cross fandom RPs.

I've also been a bit afraid to join, because I wouldn't know how to, or if I would be accepted.

I can get my CS up later.
:D I would love to have you around!!

Do you already have a fandom in mind? I can reserve them for you if you'd like.

:D I would love to have you around!!

Do you already have a fandom in mind? I can reserve them for you if you'd like.
For now, I may run Fire Emblem, but may expand a bit to another fandom later.

Also, general announcement:

@Cephalo @Clirkus @Gen. Gwazi Magnum PI @neobullseye @YamiCuoreLaroux

Things will be difficult for me for the next week and a half, and possibly onwards from there. Without going into too many details, this means less posting, for a while at least.

For the rest of this week, I won't be able to write as many IC posts. This weekend, I won't be online much at all because of a convention I'm going to (at least that's one good thing to look forward to… ^^"). And the week after that, well, that's what's going to be tough. I'll probably be really spacey and tired and unable to get much of anything done — not just in the way of posting, but general GM stuff, too. I think you guys should still be able to do mostly ok without me for a week, though. I'll still be online but probably won't be able to do anything too thought-intensive. If I need to appoint a co-GM, I will, but for now I don't think I need to.

I don't really know much about how well things are going to go for me from there, but, just letting you all know there are some rough seas ahead and I don't expect to be able to do a ton. I would prefer that you all wait for me to post if you find yourself waiting for me, though. Given the speed things are currently going at, I don't think you'll be waiting for too long, anyway, and I'll tell you to skip me on a per-character basis if I think it'll be necessary.

Ideally, things will improve after next week. But, we'll have to wait and see.

Name: Fire Emblem

Appearance: I can't find a male version of the image I found...

Personality: Brave and Self-sacrificing. Robin is a brilliant tactician, and can think quickly. He has social issues, though, since he spends most of his time reading. He is quiet, but has a good sense of humor, and can be fairly talkative once he warms up to you. He's always willing to help, no matter the cost to himself.

Abilities and Equipment:
The Fire Emblem,
Several Magical tomes,
He can see the stats of a threat stuff like what weapons they're using, their tactics, etc.

Home: His home is a small castle on the outskirts of the City. He spends a lot of time reading there, as well as training in combat. His house is almost completely covered in maps. Everything from ones he made, to Government only Spy Maps. It's also covered in various Chess and Checkerboards. He keeps it fairly clean besides that, though. It's also covered in various medieval weapons, and Fire Emblem related things.

Quirks: Spends every spare minute reading, even if it's just a two second interlude between something.
Straightens his robes at every chance when talking.
Always muttering about the proper strategy for combat.

Other: Well, I tried.

Last edited:
Name: Robin Aquilus (Random last name.)

Personality: Brave and Self-sacrificing. Robin is a brilliant tactician, and can think quickly. He has social issues, though, since he spends most of his time reading. He is quiet, but has a good sense of humor, and can be fairly talkative once he warms up to you. He's always willing to help, no matter the cost to himself.

Abilities and Equipment:
The Fire Emblem,
Several Magical tomes,
He can see the stats of a threat stuff like what weapons they're using, their tactics, etc.

Home: His home is a small castle on the outskirts of the City. He spends a lot of time reading there, as well as training in combat. His house is almost completely covered in maps. Everything from ones he made, to Government only Spy Maps. It's also covered in various Chess and Checkerboards. He keeps it fairly clean besides that, though. It's also covered in various medieval weapons, and Fire Emblem related things.

Quirks: Spends every spare minute reading, even if it's just a two second interlude between something.

Uhm... We're supposed to be the literal Fandom itself, not a character from the fandom, if that makes sense. I can't really see any other faults with the CS, nor will I judge it, but the 'name' of the character would be Fire Emblem, not Robin Aquilus.

Uhm... We're supposed to be the literal Fandom itself, not a character from the fandom, if that makes sense. I can't really see any other faults with the CS, nor will I judge it, but the 'name' of the character would be Fire Emblem, not Robin Aquilus.

That's his human name. I guess.

Yeah, I'll change that.

Name: Robin Aquilus (Random last name.)

Abilities and Equipment:
The Fire Emblem,
Several Magical tomes,

Ok, so, common mistake here -- the thing with this RP is that you aren't simply playing a character from a certain series. You're playing a character that represents the series in its entirety: its main characters, its overall feel, its fan following, etc.

It can be hard to tell at first thanks to some of the titles here, but there's a difference between, say, Sherlock the character and Sherlock the fandom; Steven Universe the character isn't quite Steven Universe the fandom, etc.

Most of our fandoms resemble their main characters in a lot of ways, but generally also either have traits from other characters thrown in, or have traits based around the way they are as a fandom entity. For example, Sherlock is most like his titular character, but not quite as intelligent (while still being equally arrogant). Not to mention, all the fandoms are still fans of their respective series, and they still act like fans and reference a bunch of in-jokes from the series -- so fandoms could still, say, complain about hiatuses, and Doctor Who can still go on a rant about everything that's wrong with Moffat's writing, etc.

Does that make more sense, now? You might want to go back and read the info tabs on the first page more closely, since they also explain the concept of these fandoms. If you're stuck on what to incorporate into your fandom, just think about things like main characters, the overall feel of the series, the way the fans are known for acting, anything that's really considered iconic for the series, etc. Oh, and don't forget about anything that might affect them because of the way they exist as a fandom entity. For example, Trigun's a lot more insecure than she used to be, partially because she's an old anime that no one seems to remember anymore and she's afraid that she might not even last much longer. Meanwhile Doctor Who is so old that he's presumably out-lived a great deal of friends and companions, and nearly everyone else seems so young compared to him.

Does all this help? I'd still love to have you around, but you seem to have made a common mistake and I wanted to make sure you understood the difference, and also help you brainstorm some ideas for what your fandom will be like.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
That's his human name. I guess.

Yeah, I'll change that.
Or maybe you know exactly what you're doing and I'm just overreacting to the name.

Eeeeehhhh I guess I'll just wait for a reply to that last thing I said to make sure we're all on the same page.

Or maybe you know exactly what you're doing and I'm just overreacting to the name.

Eeeeehhhh I guess I'll just wait for a reply to that last thing I said to make sure we're all on the same page.

Yeah, I'm just used to most Fandom RPs, where you play a character from the series. (Like Murder.) I was actually going to change it before it was pointed out, when I realized the mistake.

It's all changed now, though.

Yeah, I'm just used to most Fandom RPs, where you play a character from the series. (Like Murder.) I was actually going to change it before it was pointed out, when I realized the mistake.

It's all changed now, though.
Ok, well then, firstly, you might want to re-read the CS and make sure you change every instance of the name for clarity's sake (since I saw that you missed at least one spot).

Secondly, you do still need something for the appearance field. Even if you can't find an image, you'll at least have to use a verbal description. (If you do still want an image, though, you can try looking through the Tumblr archive that was linked on the first page. That way you can find something that is supposed to be based off of multiple characters, not just one.)

Also, are you sure you don't want to think through the CS again, and maybe add some things to it based on what I said? I don't know enough about Fire Emblem to say for sure, but a lot of the CS still seems like it's supposed to be based on a single character straight out of the canon. Particularly the "spends all his spare time reading" bit stands out to me, since that seems a bit odd for a video game fandom.

Not that I'm trying to be too controlling over what you want to incorporate into your character, mind you -- I just want to make sure we understand each other, as well as give you the opportunity to be a bit more creative with how you put your fandom together.