Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_o3a6g8uwDE1v3qowuo3_100.png

Following Jason to hide and listen in on their company, Hideo kept silent, only giving him slight nods in place of saying so. Better to be silent than to accidentally giving away their location with his voice. However, he found it strange that Jason was acting, guessing that he knew someone from this other group. All he could do for now was to stay still, and make these mental guesses to himself.

Jason could appreciate how Hideo seemed to follow orders pretty well. The scumbags of Gotham could have taken a lesson from him or two. He stayed quiet knowing full well that his cards likely wouldn't do him too well in a straight up face. Given what that Hispanic chick pulled out from the suitcase? Jason was glad there was still some cover between Hideo and him and this group. But the fact that Harley was hanging around here still didn't sit well with the vigilante. As far as Jason knew, she was still forever loyal to her Joker, even after his death. Bruce and Nightwing managed to put her away before Jason could cross her off his hit-list but he wouldn't let this opportunity slip away from him.

As far as he was concerned, Harley was a symbol of the Joker that Jason didn't need in his life. Which meant whether or not it was by her hands, he'd see her bite it.

"C'mon Hideo, I think we've learned all we needed to here.."

Best to just steer clear of this chick if he could avoid it. Maybe sneak up on her and get that gun away. The longer she had that in her hands? Any second she could pump Hideo and him full of lead.

Before Jason and Hideo could head off however, Jason waited as he saw a new person approach the group. Looked to be some kid, a few years younger than him.

"..Shit."
"You just fucked up. When I get out of this, and I will, and when I find you...you're gonna end up wishing I had just made you swallow a bullet when I'm done. That's a promise."
It went against what Jason believed was the practical thing to do. Which was to stay hidden and listen in on whatever plans this crew may have had. But the former marine basically summed up Jason's current thoughts better than he could have. He had already seen a child get her head blown up and now a girl only a few years older was walking around this place with people like this bank robber, the marine, and...that clown bitch.

"Hideo? Think I'm about to make a stupid mistake. Don't want you getting caught in the crossfire. I'm gonna head down there. I'll give you a signal if things seem alright. If not? Then you get the hell out of dodge."
"Eey, if we're votin on who gets the boomstick, my vote's on me, bein' the obvious mediator an' level head of our merry gang-"
arkham-knight-red-hood-jpg.jpg

"No. Ain't no way you're getting your hands on that gun, Quinzel."

Rising from where he'd been hiding and listening in onto the group's mutterings, Jason stepped forward. All the while keeping his eyes focused on the AK-47. He fought people with guns before, he used guns for crying out loud. Wasn't too often nowadays that someone else had a gun and he didn't. Least of all someone he wasn't sure he could intimidate/persuade into helping him like he did with Hideo. Still, he supposed now that he was out in the open best to calm the air if he could and make it straight that he knew who Quinn was and how he felt.

"Name's Red Hood. But you and your boyfriend might know me better as Jason Todd, huh?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @Takumi @Hospes @Atomyk

Woods

images

Michiko rose a brow at Frank as he pretty much demanded she give him the AK.

"If you think I'm going to use it right now and waste bullets then calm down. But since you asked so nicely-" Michiko started, but then came another person. Cutting her off. This initially caused her to tense.

She looked to be younger than Michiko herself, maybe by a few years. The outlaw gave a click of her tongue at the entrance Mable made.

"The hell?" She muttered under her breath.

@Hospes @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Gummi Bunnies @T.O.M. @woods/anybody I missed

"Oh, I'm sure you won't do something so stupid as that. Maybe you've even shot a few guns in your time. But not like me." He snickered darkly, tapping his chest. "Marine Corps. More than a few tours, served as a scout sniper. I was in Afghanistan, y'know? Advised my commanding officer to abort, he wouldn't have any of it and went on with the mission anyway. Everything went to hell, the way only battlefields' can. Only one LZ large enough for our choppers and it was just one big free fire zone. Ambush central, you know? Heh. The CO was down, one of his arms gone, bleeding and in shock. They weren't in any position to go for the LZ. Leaving them there wasn't an option at all. So I went there by myself. Hell, if I tried to explain it all to you...I don't think I really could. You lose yourself in the heat of the moment, y'know? Anyways, I get into that ambush deathtrap. I clear it out. When the smokes clears, 32 Taliban fighters lay dead at my feet. To hear my CO say it, he'd strap the Medal of Honor on my chest himself. But me...I was just doing my job, you know? And that's why you're going to give me the gun. If you're smart, if you want to fucking live. And I ain't gonna waste them on you either. Not yet."

".............................................................................."

A fucking kid, couldn't have been older than twelve. On this island, locked in a death match, likely with thieves, murderers, psychos and rapists amongst its contestants. With explosive collars that could go off at any time, if one of the others didn't get to you. His face flushed with rage momentarily before cooling, tempered. Raw anger wasn't required at the moment. Still, the rabbit had monitors all over. Likely cameras hidden away too, to observe all the action. He just shook his head and raised his voice, hoping it was caught.

tumblr_o51jmnDssW1uuny7bo1_500.gif

"You just fucked up. When I get out of this, and I will, and when I find you...you're gonna end up wishing I had just made you swallow a bullet when I'm done. That's a promise."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @T.O.M. @Atomyk @Hospes

"Eey, if we're votin on who gets the boomstick, my vote's on me, bein' the obvious mediator an' level head of our merry gang-"

You wanna know what Quinn thought when Mable came tumbling into their sight? You wanna know what crossed her mind?

She.

Was.

PISSED

IKka3kP.png

...BECAUSE THAT. Yeesh. Screw Frank for thinkin' her thoughts before she could, but yea! What kinda sicko stuck a squishy dork like this on an island full of people like her and Frank, but presumably with less morals!

She took a deep breath and let that rage simmer down beneath the surface though, because it woulda done no good scarin the poor kid. She didn't extinguish it though. No. That anger was gonna burn down where it was buried till she found the shitscum who were in charge of this now far more disgustin' operation and put their heads through the nearest glass object repeatedly.

BUT THAT WAS FOR LATER.

wFuJueC.png

"Hiya cutie patootie! Nice'ta meet'cha, Harley Quinn, it'sa pun, Harley Quinn, Harlequin, get it? yea you got it, here lemme help you up!" she said as she skipped up and stuck a hand down to Mabel to help her

@C.T. @T.O.M. @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @Atomyk

Jason could appreciate how Hideo seemed to follow orders pretty well. The scumbags of Gotham could have taken a lesson from him or two. He stayed quiet knowing full well that his cards likely wouldn't do him too well in a straight up face. Given what that Hispanic chick pulled out from the suitcase? Jason was glad there was still some cover between Hideo and him and this group. But the fact that Harley was hanging around here still didn't sit well with the vigilante. As far as Jason knew, she was still forever loyal to her Joker, even after his death. Bruce and Nightwing managed to put her away before Jason could cross her off his hit-list but he wouldn't let this opportunity slip away from him.

As far as he was concerned, Harley was a symbol of the Joker that Jason didn't need in his life. Which meant whether or not it was by her hands, he'd see her bite it.

Best to just steer clear of this chick if he could avoid it. Maybe sneak up on her and get that gun away. The longer she had that in her hands? Any second she could pump Hideo and him full of lead.

Before Jason and Hideo could head off however, Jason waited as he saw a new person approach the group. Looked to be some kid, a few years younger than him.

"..Shit."

It went against what Jason believed was the practical thing to do. Which was to stay hidden and listen in on whatever plans this crew may have had. But the former marine basically summed up Jason's current thoughts better than he could have. He had already seen a child get her head blown up and now a girl only a few years older was walking around this place with people like this bank robber, the marine, and...that clown bitch.

"Hideo? Think I'm about to make a stupid mistake. Don't want you getting caught in the crossfire. I'm gonna head down there. I'll give you a signal if things seem alright. If not? Then you get the hell out of dodge."

Rising from where he'd been hiding and listening in onto the group's mutterings, Jason stepped forward. All the while keeping his eyes focused on the AK-47. He fought people with guns before, he used guns for crying out loud. Wasn't too often nowadays that someone else had a gun and he didn't. Least of all someone he wasn't sure he could intimidate/persuade into helping him like he did with Hideo. Still, he supposed now that he was out in the open best to calm the air if he could and make it straight that he knew who Quinn was and how he felt.

"Name's Red Hood. But you and your boyfriend might know me better as Jason Todd, huh?"

Mabel Pines

South Side
Woods

Surprisingly enough, the twenty-year-old hardly seemed fazed by the fall she'd taken. In fact, she bounced back just fine, nodding in thanks as Harley offered her a hand(which Mabel gladly took as she climbed to her feet). After doing so, she released Harley's hand, placing a single hand on her hip.

292547de474a9288c99e1a0b32fdf81f.png

"Haha, puns are great. Cleverrr," she responded with a bright smile filled with cheer and life. Innocence, to better describe it. Wiping away the small bit of dirt she'd gotten on herself, Mabel gestured over herself, eyes closing as she held her head high and spoke with confidence. And, of course, on her sweater in glittery letters was 'Mabel'. Granted, it was currently hidden by the vest, but she sort of forgot about that. "I'm Mabel Pines, one half of the mystery twins," she declared, her grin never fading. "Better known as the alpha twin." ...Yeah. Enjoy those few extra millimeters you have on your twin in height. With her introduction out of the way, the brunette opened her eyes once more, blowing a stray strand of hair out of her face. She had been about to speak again when Frank began speaking his mind.

Lost to the fact that he was talking to the rabbit, the female blinked owlishly, taking a moment of silence. She was finally about to speak up and question just why he was raising his voice at her when she'd only just gotten there when yet another figure came along, abruptly speaking up - his words seemingly directed at the other woman that had helped her up. "Woah. Guns?" she repeated after the new new arrival's words sank in.

"..."

"So, like, if you've seen guns.... Have any of you seen a grappling hook? Small, black, hook-y... super awesome?"

Maybe a confetti canon or a bedazzler?

@T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @Takumi @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Atomyk

Port - Records Building

A peruse through the documents in the building would reveal nothing reliable. Information about the island was non-existent, as was any recorded info about this port or its purpose. Whether this island was once a public or private space would be ultimately unclear.

A map sat on one of the walls, some light Japanese text spattering it. One who could read the language would find it was almost identical to the maps in your survival packs.

@Jeremi @Verite @The Silver Paladin
The Japanese text while interesting told Snake Eyes nothing that the map on his person could provide, nor did anything else in this building for that matter.

One thing was certain though...anyone who could do this had power and resources. For the time being however Snake Eyes wouldn't think about the mystery of the island but rather to his erstwhile companions, or whatever you wanted to describe Max and Mukuro.

Turning his attention back to them Snake Eyes would raise his hacksaw into the air to point at it before pointing at the other two. If he could trust either of them he needed to know what they were carrying.

@Verite @The Silver Paladin
Mukuro read the Japanese writing on the wall, and compared it to her map. Now she knew they were near a Japanese Island. Perhaps if she could figure out which of the 6,852 islands they were on, she could find a way home.

She looked at Snake Eyes, wondering what he was doing, until she figured it out. She reached into her jacket pocket, and produced he Scalpel, and held that up.

@Verite

Well. Alright, then. No response. Fair enough. Bad to make friends so quickly in this kind of situation.

To be honest, I did feel a little self-conscious. The not-ninja and the Asian girl were probably able to make out the Japanese text sprawled all over the walls, but it was all chicken-scratch to me. On top of that... To emphasize, there was a goddamn not-ninja and a child, at the top of her prime, in the same room as me. Me, a washed-up murderer with a warrant to do so, most of the time anyway, who still isn't sure if the only reason he's still alive is out of sheer dumb luck or because he's more skilled than he thinks. And I don't really like flattering myself. The last time I got a big head, I lost a good few hundred dollars playing poker against my old friends back when I used to be in the force. Anytime I did anything reckless after that, it was usually just because I wasn't really thinking.

In retrospect, death drives are really annoying. You can talk about how good not wanting to die is as a motivator, but you shouldn't underestimate the ferocity of someone who has nothing to lose, 'cause they don't give a shit, and those two factors gives 'em an edge over who they're up against. That being said, I think I've met my match.

Thinking still hurt.

Initially, he didn't understand why Snake Eyes had suddenly drawn his hacksaw. He was about to take a step back, but upon realizing that the man didn't intend to attack with it, he calmed down a bit. However, it wouldn't be until Mukuro would reply by holding up what seemed to be a scalpel that the old man would realize what was going on.

Max just sighed and grunted. He didn't really know why he was doing this, but he may as well.

"You could have just said it aloud."

With that, he produced the one weapon he had on him for the time being; a railroad spike. Felt like he got the short end of the stick here, but he could make do.

@Jeremi @The Silver Paladin

• Thank You
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
"Haha, puns are great. Cleverrr," she responded with a bright smile filled with cheer and life.
"Ain't they just?" Harley shot back with a wide grin of her own, also filled with cheer and life.

Noooot so much on the innocent, but she tried :T
"I'm Mabel Pines, one half of the mystery twins," she declared, her grin never fading. "Better known as the alpha twin." ...Yeah. Enjoy those few extra millimeters you have on your twin in height. With her introduction out of the way, the brunette opened her eyes once more, blowing a stray strand of hair out of her face. She had been about to speak again when Frank began speaking his mind.​

Up till that point, Quinn had been a happy and relatively peppy girl. Granted one who's skin was bright white and who was frighteningly skilled in hand to hand if not in boomerang-foo.

She blinked as her real last name was dropped, and frowned as she slowly turned back to see who the heck knew what that was.

....Oh, crapnoodles. Someone from the bat family. She huffed and rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms "Hey hey hey, can it. I gots your boss' go ahead to do my thing these days, so why don't you shove it... uh... wait, you the one who ain't peachy keen with the B-man, aint'cha... hood or somethin?"

And then she heard that name, and her grin faltered as she rubbed her shoulder

"H-heh. That's....That's funny. I thought you said you was a dead kid."

"And that creep ain't my boyfriend"

@T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @Takumi @Hospes @Atomyk

Last edited:

tumblr_o4cflcNQKx1tntlwlo2_r1_250.gif

"...Ya know, I'm sure the two of you would love to have your little reunion, but in case you've forgotten we have bigger issues to think about here. Moreso since this place seems to be a goddamn signal flare, bringing in people one after another. I've been doing periodic surrounding scans but it's still damn lucky we haven't had someone come in shooting first, asking later. So how about we skip the reunion bullshit, huh? If we're gonna fight, let's get to that." He eyed Quinn and Todd. "If otherwise, then fall in line and stow the bullshit." Frank turned to Michiko. "That includes you. I don't expect a lowlife bank robber to have made the smartest choices through her life, but now's as good a time as any. Hell, don't do it for me, do it for your own shitty selfish nature. A Marine sharpshooter with a gun...best I can see, having one of those on your side ups your life expectancy greatly."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Emerald eyes flickered open, pupils focusing on the sky blue overhead interspersed with forested canopies. A groan followed, with soft scuffling noises in tow. A sharp sniff: "This isn't boot camp." A moment's pause as the woman, prone on her back with her upper propped by elbows dug into the dirt, glanced around the woods. "Way to state the obvious, Isabel."

An intake of oxygen, a "hup", and a kip later, Isabel "Dizzy" Flores was standing on both feet with hands propped atop her waist.

"This isn't Bueno Aires either, air smells different too," the Mobile Infantry initiate murmured to herself, taking surveillance of voluminous evergreens, abundant shades of brown, and more. The aforementioned scent in the air smelled of the crisp aroma of running freshwater mixed in with smells of pine and more. For a moment, Isabel truly thought she was alone in the woods off god knows where.

That was before the surface of a nearby tree crackled to life, with the visage of a rabbit on screen. The hell? First thoughts comprised of the notion that, one, Dizzy wasn't alone, and two, she was someplace she'd an inkling she wouldn't want to be.

The second point was accentuated quiet nicely when the Rabbit bid for her, and the others, to reach upward for their neck. She found a collar, prompting both hands to grip and feel it out. Her features were rife with indignation and anger, audible grumbling following as she listened all the while. She took notice that she wasn't in the trainee fatigues typical of the MI, instead she was outfitted in the bare-bones civilian tank top and pants.

And her hands dropped; she had no reason to not believe this... rabbit(?). It furthered its elaboration and when it was done, when it shut the monitors off, there was a dumbstruck look across Dizzy's features. Really, more along the lines of disbelief. The thing wanted them, her and the twenty-five others, to basically engage in a free-for-all to the death, with the expectant last man standing the victor. This... this was insane!

And she had no other choice. Rather than losing it, Dizzy sucked it up and adopted a steely expression. It wasn't going to be easy to get into the mindset, to kill another human being, but it would be necessary. She was not going to roll over and die for anyone else, no not when she had to get home. Back home to Ric--to her family, to join the Mobile Infantry.

A quick survey around the area she woke up in, and true to the rodent's word, she found the suitcases. The general one having all the aforementioned supplies, which was appreciated (kind of?). Dizzy opened the other suitcase the one that would have the 'specially' designated weapon for her, as for everyone else. She popped it open.

There was nothing uttered for a few seconds as Dizzy stared into the case's innards, taking in the contents inside. Then, as if on a swivel, her head slowly ascended upward and back to the monitor, staring incredulously. "Really?" She said aloud, "You gave me frickin' duct tape?" Grrrrr.

Getting her frustration out now while she could, she yanked the roll of duct tape for herself and put it along with the general supplies. Going over the items once, twice, and thrice, she'd nod. "It'll have to do."

Collecting them all together in the conveniently provided case (gee, thanks), she'd have readied to disembark. Only then, she was interrupted by the monitor crackling to life anew, with the white hare from earlier. Dizzy scowled as it started to speak again.

And her fitful mood dropped as an o formed in her lips: somebody had already died. She'd barely come to grips with the gravity of the situation, and now it was thrust into her face full force. Isabel had no choice but to come to terms with it immediately.

Needless to say, there was a palpable modicum of hatred for their "benefactor". More so when he recused himself of all responsibility following #26's death.

"C'mon Dizzy. See if we can't find 'em," Flores muttered to herself, finally setting on her way now. Hopefully, the others she'dacross were decent and reasonable; there was not a strong urge to murder and maim another human being but she would defend herself if necessary. To that end, she started with the woods, and maybe, just maybe, she'd make like a tree and branch out from there in her search.

@WoodsyPeople @Atomyk @Behiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind​

"Ain't they just?" Harley shot back with a wide grin of her own, also filled with cheer and life.

Noooot so much on the innocent, but she tried :T​

"Pfft, duh! They just Mabel the best thing ever," she chimed in response, letting out another laugh. She was so funny! Plus, it'd be nice having someone who could really appreciate a good pun.
Up till that point, Quinn had been a happy and relatively peppy girl. Granted one who's skin was bright white and who was frighteningly skilled in hand to hand if not in boomerang-foo.

She blinked as her real last name was dropped, and frowned as she slowly turned back to see who the heck knew what that was.

....Oh, crapnoodles. Someone from the bat family. She huffed and rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms "Hey hey hey, can it. I gots your boss' go ahead to do my thing these days, so why don't you shove it... uh... wait, you the one who ain't peachy keen with the B-man, aint'cha... hood or somethin?"

"...Ya know, I'm sure the two of you would love to have your little reunion, but in case you've forgotten we have bigger issues to think about here. Moreso since this place seems to be a goddamn signal flare, bringing in people one after another. I've been doing periodic surrounding scans but it's still damn lucky we haven't had someone come in shooting first, asking later. So how about we skip the reunion bullshit, huh? If we're gonna fight, let's get to that." He eyed Quinn and Todd. "If otherwise, then fall in line and stow the bullshit." Frank turned to Michiko. "That includes you. I don't expect a lowlife bank robber to have made the smartest choices through her life, but now's as good a time as any. Hell, don't do it for me, do it for your own shitty selfish nature. A Marine sharpshooter with a gun...best I can see, having one of those on your side ups your life expectancy greatly."

Wow, r00d. Nobody had answered her question and, as though that weren't bad enough, she was totally lost with this conversation. Joker? B-man? Guy who kept cursing like... uhh... what was that expression, again? Aw, whatever - point was, the 'Shooting Star' wasn't really sure what was being talked about. Idly reaching up to tug at the neck of her sweater, she finally let herself really observe the crowd she'd found herself with while the cursing man kept blabbing on. There was the girl that looked like a clown, some lady that the cursing guy referred to as a 'lowlife bank robber', the cursing guy, and that guy who was hiding his face in tha--

And then her train of thought ceased, jolting to a halt on one thing. This dude had not only referred to himself as 'Red Hood' and 'Jason Todd', was obscuring his face from sight, and had a freaking cool logo stamped on his chest. Even Mabel Pines knew that that could only mean one thing....

"...You're a superhero, aren't you?!" she suddenly burst out, voice laced with excitement. There was virtually no time for a proper response to be made before she continued. "That is so cool!! I always wanted to meet a superhero. Man, Dipper's gonna be soooooo jealous when I tell him about this..." she rambled on, eyes shining with awe. ...Yeah. Mabel Pines fangirl confirmed. It was probably a good thing she at least wasn't focused on the talk of people dying, though. Way to take one for the practically nonexistent team.

@T.O.M. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Takumi @C.T. @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk

• Love
Lost to the fact that he was talking to the rabbit, the female blinked owlishly, taking a moment of silence. She was finally about to speak up and question just why he was raising his voice at her when she'd only just gotten there when yet another figure came along, abruptly speaking up - his words seemingly directed at the other woman that had helped her up. "Woah. Guns?" she repeated after the new new arrival's words sank in.

"..."

"So, like, if you've seen guns.... Have any of you seen a grappling hook? Small, black, hook-y... super awesome?"

8uiQtr8.png

As Jason continued to take menacing step after step towards Harley with his hands continually closing into fists and opening, he paused upon Mabel speaking. Turning towards her with an incredulous look, there were simply no words. Either this kid was the most naive girl that Jason had ever come across or she did a pretty good job of hiding how freaked out she was by the fact that all of the people gathered here were meant to kill eachother. Which y'know included her. But given how a girl like her managed to stay talking without being pumped full of lead, seemed safe enough for Hideo to pop up.

Slowly pulling his attention away from Mabel, Jason glanced back to the foliage.

"Hideo! Come on out, seems safe. Or about as safe as you can get given our current surroundings.."

In case any hostile movements were made towards Hideo, Jason kept his wits about him. That AK was certainly a problem but if he could manage to jump the woman and snatch it off her before she got a chance to fire? Then mowing down everybody else except for Hideo and Mabel would be a cinch.

Well, everybody except for Harley that is. No, she'd get a death deserving of a monster like her. Jason wasn't aware that this Harley had abandoned the Joker and adopted a similar mantra to him. Which was taking out people far scummier/crazier than her. Jason only knew her as the bitch who tortured him alongside the Joker, brainwashing him, making him believe that Bruce was the reason everything in his life up to that point had been shit. Making him even go as far as to fight some of the Joker's goons with guns, another way to spit in the eye of the Bat who detested firearms in any form. Little did either of them know that Jason would end up becoming quite proficient with the guns.

As many of Gotham's most wanted could attest to. Or would attest to if Jason hadn't silenced them.

1372240484480579394.gif

For good.

But then Harley responded to him and Jason couldn't believe what her response was. She seemed so unsure of him. Perhaps it was because she'd been put away before Jason could have done to her what he did to Black Mask, Bane, and who knows what other members of Batman's expansive rogue's gallery. But all her response mainly served was to make Jason even angrier than he already was.

"Yeah, I'm the Red Hood. I clean scum like you off the streets. I do what he doesn't. I put you down and keep you that way."

Jason spat with every word dripping with absolutely seething hatred. But there it was. She heard his name and then it all seemed to click. The nervous laugh, the rubbing of her shoulder. Had she tried to forget what she did to him? What she did that even Joker hadn't done himself? How she spent countless hours sitting by and manipulating his thoughts into whatever twisted terrors the Joker and her wanted him to believe? All while he could do little to defend himself or resist in any meaningful way. Were it at any other moment, Jason would have leaped upon her and wouldn't have stopped until she was cold in his hands. But that wouldn't fly here. His anger would have to remain unsatisfied.

But he could at least confirm Harley's fears.

Reaching up to grab either side of his hood, he yanked it down and apart from a black eye, some knife scars here and there and a bruised nose, the Red Hood bore a striking resemblance to the boy wonder who Joker had clipped the wings of so many years ago. Seemingly for good as most people like Harley were concerned. But he dug himself out of his own grave and set about working his way up the foodchain, getting rid of the lowlife bottomfeeders until he got more confident and took out people like Black Mask. Then he went on from there and challenged Bane. But much to his ultimate displeasure the Joker met his demise before Jason could take his revenge.

Yet for all Joker and Harley had done to him, was it regret that she didn't click that he and the Red Hood were one in the same? Or was it fear of what he'd do when he found her? Which Jason knew full well what would have been the result of the latter.

Death and not a quick and painless one either.

Gx1qHYk.jpg

"So, what now Quinzel? Ringing any bells, yet?"
That little blurb was enough to actually break Jason's wall of unrelenting hate and earned a scoff from him. The Harley he knew went on a rampage and lead the remnants of Joker's criminal empire after his passing. Jason would have murdered them all, Harley included. But Bruce, Nightwing and Batgirl all had it under wraps before he could intervene. So what was this? Had the Joker tossed her out on this island because she had displeased him?

If that was the case then Jason found something darkly amusing about that. Put Harley on an island where everybody is supposed to murder everybody else and she ends up running into the one person who had good reason(in his own head)to do to Harley what she did to him, perhaps even tenfold.

"My mistake. I thought freakshows always stuck together."

Jason's dislike of Harley was about as subtle as a crowbar.
"...Ya know, I'm sure the two of you would love to have your little reunion, but in case you've forgotten we have bigger issues to think about here. Moreso since this place seems to be a goddamn signal flare, bringing in people one after another. I've been doing periodic surrounding scans but it's still damn lucky we haven't had someone come in shooting first, asking later. So how about we skip the reunion bullshit, huh? If we're gonna fight, let's get to that."
Before Jason could press his own personal grudge with Harley(and by extension the Joker)any further, the marine called out to him and Jason couldn't help but begrudgingly admit that he had a point. Harley obviously wasn't the only obstacle he'd face while on this island. He was lucky enough to have found someone in Hideo that he could work with and intimidate if need be. The same likely could not be said for a majority of the others he had encountered so far. So while he may have had his own baggage to settle, it wouldn't do anybody any favors to let it get in the way of everything else.

"Right."

Pulling his hood back up, Jason turned away from Harley and motioned for Hideo to make his way over if he hadn't done so already.
And then her train of thought ceased, jolting to a halt on one thing. This dude had not only referred to himself as 'Red Hood' and 'Jason Todd', was obscuring his face from sight, and had a freaking cool logo stamped on his chest. Even Mabel Pines knew that that could only mean one thing....

"...You're a superhero, aren't you?!" she suddenly burst out, voice laced with excitement. There was virtually no time for a proper response to be made before she continued. "That is so cool!! I always wanted to meet a superhero. Man, Dipper's gonna be soooooo jealous when I tell him about this..." she rambled on, eyes shining with awe. ...Yeah. Mabel Pines fangirl confirmed. It was probably a good thing she at least wasn't focused on the talk of people dying, though. Way to take one for the practically nonexistent team.
But Jason's serious air was sent blowing away as Mabel approached him and began spewing something about him being a superhero. Jason didn't see himself as any kind of role model but just more of someone who was doing what he felt was necessary for his city to be safe. Crime could never truly be stopped, only controlled and it was best to be at the head of the crime and keeping that control. Through whatever means necessary.

So when this girl ran up to him and started running her mouth, it was all Jason could do to not tell her to just shut up. Not when the girl didn't even seem to get that they were all on an island where the objective was to kill everyone else.

"..I ain't no hero, kid. Just doing what needs to be done."

mMI25Qd.jpg

@C.T. @Takumi @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Hospes @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies

Kraven the Hunter-Mysterious Building-6th Floor

tumblr_n7ufh98zDd1rnewcso5_1280.jpg
Sergei Kravinoff opened his eyes. He was in a plain unremarkable building. Gah, he hated places like this. Places of wasted decadence. He looked down at his attire. Plain, like the building. Anger flared within him when noticed that whoever had bought him to this place had robbed him of his beloved lionskin coat. He didn't need to look out of the window to know where he was. The quiet air, the lack of screeching cars or the rumbling of commuters, indeed, the Hunter was back in his natural habitat. Wherever he was, he could sense within his very heart that this building was in the jungle. He checked his supplies, a sinister grin growing across his face.

Frugal food supplies, a compass, a flashlight. Yes, this would do nicely. The Hunter preferred to travel lightly-after all, an animal carries nothing with him. Even without his jacket, he was aware of his chosen Totem,-the brave lion. A noble beast, ferocious beast. The King of the Jungle. The Hunter. He aimed, in every way, to match that great predator, especially in hunting skill.

He thumbed at the collar upon his neck. The Rabbit's ultimatum did not disturb him. If anything, he was grateful for the oppourtunity to hunt once again. In fact, this whole scenario reminded him of that great novel, The Most Dangerous Game, which he'd read as a boy. He remembered how impressed he'd been by General Zaroff's manhunt-even looking at Kraven, one could tell that the novel had some influence on his life and choice of career.

But before he left, he had one more thing to check. Each contestant had been given a weapon, an advantage that no other possessed. His was...a Box of 50 matches. How ingenious. Yes, he'd prefer a spear, but the Matchbox would save valuable time which would otherwise be spent on making fires.

Kraven could hear voices rumbling on the floors beneath him. Americans. He assumed a fighting stance as he progressed down the stairs, slowly stalking his prey. He had heard news of a great weapon on the roof of this building. But to scale the building, he would need something sharp. The Hunter would need 3 things to make a spear-a sharp stone, some string, and a stick. With 2 of these, or even better, a knife, he would be able to get a foothold in the brickwork and scale the outer walls. Indeed, it would be best to check what his prey had been given.

"Who are you?" said one of them. Kraven froze. There would be no pleasure in killing him now. Besides, if the American had been given a rifle, Kraven would be dead before the games had even begun! Kraven stopped walking as he reached the floor Leo and his companion were on.
"My name is Sergei Kravinoff." before he said, reluctantly. "I mean you no harm."
@ResistingTheEnlightened @Archwar

Woods

"..Shit."

The mask looked strange, but she wasn't questioning it. Narrowing her eyes at Jason she'd glance to Frank and the rest.

Mabel Pines

South Side
Woods

Surprisingly enough, the twenty-year-old hardly seemed fazed by the fall she'd taken. In fact, she bounced back just fine, nodding in thanks as Harley offered her a hand(which Mabel gladly took as she climbed to her feet). After doing so, she released Harley's hand, placing a single hand on her hip.

"Haha, puns are great. Cleverrr," she responded with a bright smile filled with cheer and life. Innocence, to better describe it. Wiping away the small bit of dirt she'd gotten on herself, Mabel gestured over herself, eyes closing as she held her head high and spoke with confidence. And, of course, on her sweater in glittery letters was 'Mabel'. Granted, it was currently hidden by the vest, but she sort of forgot about that. "I'm Mabel Pines, one half of the mystery twins," she declared, her grin never fading. "Better known as the alpha twin." ...Yeah. Enjoy those few extra millimeters you have on your twin in height. With her introduction out of the way, the brunette opened her eyes once more, blowing a stray strand of hair out of her face. She had been about to speak again when Frank began speaking his mind.

"..."

'It's like he's nagging in my ear.' She thought. Well, she did find the AK herself and wasn't too keen on giving it to the guy that tried to kill her less than an hour ago. But she could still use her hands if she needed to defend herself if she didn't have a weapon.

'Y'know, if we weren't fighting to the death because a stupid rabbit or whoever is behind this thought it'd be fucking fun, I'd be with Hatchin on the road looking for her father.' She scowled.

"I get the feeling you're gonna nag me for this thing no matter how long I keep it." She huffed, wearily holding it out to Frank.

She watched the others carefully for now. Ready to fight if she needed to.

"Pfft, duh! They just Mabel the best thing ever," she chimed in response, letting out another laugh. She was so funny! Plus, it'd be nice having someone who could really appreciate a good pun.

Wow, r00d. Nobody had answered her question and, as though that weren't bad enough, she was totally lost with this conversation. Joker? B-man? Guy who kept cursing like... uhh... what was that expression, again? Aw, whatever - point was, the 'Shooting Star' wasn't really sure what was being talked about. Idly reaching up to tug at the neck of her sweater, she finally let herself really observe the crowd she'd found herself with while the cursing man kept blabbing on. There was the girl that looked like a clown, some lady that the cursing guy referred to as a 'lowlife bank robber', the cursing guy, and that guy who was hiding his face in tha--

8uiQtr8.png

As Jason continued to take menacing step after step towards Harley with his hands continually closing into fists and opening, he paused upon Mabel speaking. Turning towards her with an incredulous look, there were simply no words. Either this kid was the most naive girl that Jason had ever come across or she did a pretty good job of hiding how freaked out she was by the fact that all of the people gathered here were meant to kill eachother. Which y'know included her. But given how a girl like her managed to stay talking without being pumped full of lead, seemed safe enough for Hideo to pop up.

Slowly pulling his attention away from Mabel, Jason glanced back to the foliage.

"Hideo! Come on out, seems safe. Or about as safe as you can get given our current surroundings.."

In case any hostile movements were made towards Hideo, Jason kept his wits about him. That AK was certainly a problem but if he could manage to jump the woman and snatch it off her before she got a chance to fire? Then mowing down everybody else except for Hideo and Mabel would be a cinch.

Well, everybody except for Harley that is. No, she'd get a death deserving of a monster like her. Jason wasn't aware that this Harley had abandoned the Joker and adopted a similar mantra to him. Which was taking out people far scummier/crazier than her. Jason only knew her as the bitch who tortured him alongside the Joker, brainwashing him, making him believe that Bruce was the reason everything in his life up to that point had been shit. Making him even go as far as to fight some of the Joker's goons with guns, another way to spit in the eye of the Bat who detested firearms in any form. Little did either of them know that Jason would end up becoming quite proficient with the guns.

As many of Gotham's most wanted could attest to. Or would attest to if Jason hadn't silenced them.

1372240484480579394.gif

For good.

But then Harley responded to him and Jason couldn't believe what her response was. She seemed so unsure of him. Perhaps it was because she'd been put away before Jason could have done to her what he did to Black Mask, Bane, and who knows what other members of Batman's expansive rogue's gallery. But all her response mainly served was to make Jason even angrier than he already was.

"Yeah, I'm the Red Hood. I clean scum like you off the streets. I do what he doesn't. I put you down and keep you that way."

Jason spat with every word dripping with absolutely seething hatred. But there it was. She heard his name and then it all seemed to click. The nervous laugh, the rubbing of her shoulder. Had she tried to forget what she did to him? What she did that even Joker hadn't done himself? How she spent countless hours sitting by and manipulating his thoughts into whatever twisted terrors the Joker and her wanted him to believe? All while he could do little to defend himself or resist in any meaningful way. Were it at any other moment, Jason would have leaped upon her and wouldn't have stopped until she was cold in his hands. But that wouldn't fly here. His anger would have to remain unsatisfied.

Reaching up to grab either side of his hood, he yanked it down and apart from a black eye, some knife scars here and there and a bruised nose, the Red Hood bore a striking resemblance to the boy wonder who Joker had clipped the wings of so many years ago. Seemingly for good as most people like Harley were concerned. But he dug himself out of his own grave and set about working his way up the foodchain, getting rid of the lowlife bottomfeeders until he got more confident and took out people like Black Mask. Then he went on from there and challenged Bane. But much to his ultimate displeasure the Joker met his demise before Jason could take his revenge.

Yet for all Joker and Harley had done to him, was it regret that she didn't click that he and the Red Hood were one in the same? Or was it fear of what he'd do when he found her? Which Jason knew full well what would have been the result of the latter.

Gx1qHYk.jpg

That little blurb was enough to actually break Jason's wall of unrelenting hate and earned a scoff from him. The Harley he knew went on a rampage and lead the remnants of Joker's criminal empire after his passing. Jason would have murdered them all, Harley included. But Bruce, Nightwing and Batgirl all had it under wraps before he could intervene. So what was this? Had the Joker tossed her out on this island because she had displeased him?

If that was the case then Jason found something darkly amusing about that. Put Harley on an island where everybody is supposed to murder everybody else and she ends up running into the one person who had good reason(in his own head)to do to Harley what she did to him, perhaps even tenfold.

Before Jason could press his own personal grudge with Harley(and by extension the Joker)any further, the marine called out to him and Jason couldn't help but begrudgingly admit that he had a point. Harley obviously wasn't the only obstacle he'd face while on this island. He was lucky enough to have found someone in Hideo that he could work with and intimidate if need be. The same likely could not be said for a majority of the others he had encountered so far. So while he may have had his own baggage to settle, it wouldn't do anybody any favors to let it get in the way of everything else.

"Right."

Pulling his hood back up, Jason turned away from Harley and motioned for Hideo to make his way over if he hadn't done so already.

But Jason's serious air was sent blowing away as Mabel approached him and began spewing something about him being a superhero. Jason didn't see himself as any kind of role model but just more of someone who was doing what he felt was necessary for his city to be safe. Crime could never truly be stopped, only controlled and it was best to be at the head of the crime and keeping that control. Through whatever means necessary.

So when this girl ran up to him and started running her mouth, it was all Jason could do to not tell her to just shut up. Not when the girl didn't even seem to get that they were all on an island where the objective was to kill everyone else.

mMI25Qd.jpg

Michiko wasn't sure if Mable was just innocent, naive, or both. It bothered the woman deep down a considering the surrounding dangers and such.

"This girl shouldn't be here on this island. Whoever's behind this is fucked up beyond belief." She said in a low tone, practically under her breath just loud enough for whoever was closest (other than Mable) to hear.

@Hospes @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies @Indolent @idk

Warehouse
Wilson Fisk

CRNNNNNNGH

That was the sound of bolts popping and metal rending that could only be caused by a display monitor bearing an irritating white rabbit being torn off of a load-bearing pillar as though it were affixed by tissue paper and paper mâché. The crumpled screen was promptly whipped halfway across the room with a roar of fury unmatched by even the mightiest of lions, smashing into the wall and ending a pile of shattered glass and machinery on the floor a moment later.

Its destroyer hardly even strained himself.

He turned back to face the wall he'd been staring at throughout the rabbit's message, hands folding behind his back and wrathful snarl already fading from his face, expression as blank and vacant as the featureless concrete rising up before him. For a moment, he didn't so much as acknowledge the other two in the room, like his mind was simply somewhere else.

Ecoj8TM.jpg

The moment, however, soon passed.

"...Ta-er Al-asfer. Arabic, I understand, very... cultural. Meaning the Yellow Bird."

He spoke with the poise and dignity of a man who hadn't just thrown a piece of light technology across the room, though he retained his discomforted intonation from before.

"Still, for... ease of speaking, I think I'll stick with miss Lance. You seem well-versed in the field of survival. I have little doubt your cooperation will be... invaluable."

He paused, taking in a breath and turning to make his way over to the table where the other two stood, jaded features regarding them both and the map grimly.

"I will trust your judgement. Unless, mister Ehrmantraut has any... objections, I propose we try and make for the lighthouse before morning. We'll also need a deeper understanding of these, these collars around our necks, if we're to entertain the notion of removing them; I suppose it's fortunate, in a manner of speaking that there'll be no shortage of bodies on the island to conduct a trial-and-error of sorts. Think of every undetonated collar we come across as a step towards, our... liberation. Fortunately, one among us already has a sort of makeshift diagnostic tool on hand."

He nodded towards Mike's screwdriver, hands by his sides flexing their fingers in agitated fashion as he lowered his gaze to the side. None among present company struck him as an inventor of the highest order, but with enough repeat attempts across a variety of collars-- belonging to the living or otherwise-- He was confident he could find some way around the detonation trigger, some failsafe or deactivation method.

Especially given the one piece of information he'd learned already.

"If you recall our waking up here, our... address by this white rabbit. We were informed, with theatrics, of the... situation we have found ourselves in. There was a gap, sixty... perhaps ninety seconds, before an explosion rang out across the island; the detonation of one of these collars, no doubt someone dazed, confused, unable to... comprehend facts. She must've tampered with the collar as soon as she noticed its presence."

"A triviality, perhaps, on paper. But the pause. For a man of my intent, it revealed a rather simple fact."

tumblr_nulay29Gbk1qcbrdqo1_250.gif

"The collars... the detonation is a delayed sequence. It is not instantaneous. Meaning, should we discover the means to disarm the... explosives, within, and I assure you I will... there is time for the devices to be removed. However we act, we need not act under the heel of slavery."

@Josh M @Cromartie Sarkissian
sara_lance_arrow_5861.jpg

Sara could only sit and watch Fisk's outburst, her hand slowly reaching towards her knife. Pulling it out from the table, the blade would find itself on her lap again, ready to plunge it into the man if he dared to turn on his own team. The Crime-Lord was clearly unstable, perhaps even bi-polar. With strength like his, could pose a risk to everyone, even himself. But Ta-er was too far in, over her head; there was no turning back now, only looking forward. She would just pretend that the tantrum hadn't just happened

"We might be able to defuse a bomb in under 90 seconds, if we knew what we were dealing with. But without knowing what type of explosives we were dealing with, we shouldn't take that risk...not on ourselves at least"

It was a cruel thing to even think...but the girl knew she had done worse...far worse. This wouldn't put any more weight on her damned soul, but on her conscience....

"Maybe we could play the rabbit's game, and use the collars of those we've...defeated as part of our research; the host wont detonate the collars of the dead within 90 seconds; he wouldn't want to risk the lives of those winning the game"

The girl folded her arms and leaned back in her chair

latest

"That way we could try disarming them underwater, try cutting them open, try burning them, all without having to kill ourselves. The host wont ask any questions; he'll just think we are playing his game"

Picking herself up, Sara made her way towards the door, carefully scouting the immediate exit

"In the mean time, the night is passing; we need to make a decision. Are we going to leave for the lighthouse, or stay here?"

@Josh M @Orlando Bloomers
Mobile Post

• Useful
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
"I get the feeling you're gonna nag me for this thing no matter how long I keep it." She huffed, wearily holding it out to Frank.

"Nonsense." He refuted instantly before adding in a growly deadpan: "I wouldn't have been so diplomatic the third time." Frank grabbed the AK-47 and clips, storing them inside his jacket pocket and quickly looking over the weapon.

tumblr_o4ie5ww9th1uwl6nzo7_250.gif

"Will say this for the Russians, they know how to build a weapon cheap. Nearly seven decades on and this model, including variants is still the mostly widely used assault rifle in the world. Reliable under extreme conditions, low production costs, ease of use. 7.62×39mm rounds. 30 rounds to a cartridge. Effective range to roughly 800 meters out. Great call giving me this, thief." He raised it to shoulder level, eyeing down the sights. "...Perfect." He lowered it, glancing at his knife. Between the two, he liked his odds...as well as the chances of whoever was on his side as well.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @T.O.M. @Atomyk @Hospes @Indolent

8uiQtr8.png

1372240484480579394.gif

For good.

Gx1qHYk.jpg

"Right."

mMI25Qd.jpg

Woods

'It's like he's nagging in my ear.' She thought. Well, she did find the AK herself and wasn't too keen on giving it to the guy that tried to kill her less than an hour ago. But she could still use her hands if she needed to defend herself if she didn't have a weapon.

'Y'know, if we weren't fighting to the death because a stupid rabbit or whoever is behind this thought it'd be fucking fun, I'd be with Hatchin on the road looking for her father.' She scowled.

Michiko wasn't sure if Mable was just innocent, naive, or both. It bothered the woman deep down a considering the surrounding dangers and such.

"This girl shouldn't be here on this island. Whoever's behind this is fucked up beyond belief." She said in a low tone, practically under her breath just loud enough for whoever was closest (other than Mable) to hear.

Wow, also r00d. That guy was totally staring at her for a minute or two, there. He must have been checking her out under that hood of his, or something - she looked totally fine, and it was the only explanation as to why anyone would stare like that. Haha, not even that much time on the island had passed for her and she was already a guy-magnet. Not that she was surprised or could blame him.... At all. Not in the very slightest.

Admittedly, Mabel was unsure just who this 'Hideo' person was, but damn that name sounded cool. Like, almost cool enough to be sidekick to an undoubtedly amazing hero like this Red Hood guy totally was! Ooh, maybe this Hideo guy was his sidekick. It'd make total sense, too. Every hero needed a sidekick - just like every Alpha Twin needed a whatever-the-counterpart-of-an-alpha-was twin! It was just common sense, really. Maybe she couldn't beat Dipper when it came to chess, but she still was relatively smart and had common sense.

...She was just a bit overly optimistic, and more than a little naive. Or perhaps the latter was just a result of the former. Regardless, the formula of it all didn't really matter.

Jason's comments to Harley were lost to Mabel, in truth. 'Scum like her'? Were they, like, exs or something? Ooh, or was this girl his arch-enemy?! Maybe she'd get to witness an epic fight or something! That'd be so great. But, then again, she liked the Harley girl so far - she seemed fun and nice enough, and she even liked puns. Maybe a certain Alpha Twin didn't want to see a badass little fight after all.

It was a sad, sad day.

For one moment, Mabel took her eyes off of the man to glance at the other woman that had yet to be introduced. She was talking to the guy that liked to curse and holding something out to him... A gun. It was certainly intriguing, but not as intriguing as the man in the hood. So, she let her eyes move back to him, only to see something that totally crushed her world - he was adjusting his hood! Had he just taken it off while she wasn't looking? Had she just missed her very first hero unmasking himself, right in front of her?!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Luckily, it didn't look like Mabel had the chance to sink to her knees and actually dramatically scream the word like in the movies, because she got a response that shocked her out of it. "Of course you are, dork. You've got a cool symbol and a secret identity and are hiding your face and everything!" she declared. "That's basic hero 101," the brunette added in conclusion, nodding her head once with closed eyes, a matter-of-fact air about her. Opening one eye to peer at Jason, she spoke once more. "Besides, you don't sound that much older than me."

Of course, the muttered statement about how fucked up it was that Mabel was there sailed right over her head as intended. She might've had a hero-sense that was going totally wild, but she sadly didn't have super-hearing.

@T.O.M. @Takumi @C.T. @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent

• Bucket of Rainbows

"..Shit."

Mabel Pines

South Side
Woods

"..."

8uiQtr8.png

1372240484480579394.gif

For good.

Gx1qHYk.jpg

"Right."

mMI25Qd.jpg

Woods

The mask looked strange, but she wasn't questioning it. Narrowing her eyes at Jason she'd glance to Frank and the rest.

"Nonsense." He refuted instantly before adding in a growly deadpan: "I wouldn't have been so diplomatic the third time." Frank grabbed the AK-47 and clips, storing them inside his jacket pocket and quickly looking over the weapon.

tumblr_o4ie5ww9th1uwl6nzo7_250.gif

"Will say this for the Russians, they know how to build a weapon cheap. Nearly seven decades on and this model, including variants is still the mostly widely used assault rifle in the world. Reliable under extreme conditions, low production costs, ease of use. 7.62×39mm rounds. 30 rounds to a cartridge. Effective range to roughly 800 meters out. Great call giving me this, thief." He raised it to shoulder level, eyeing down the sights. "...Perfect." He lowered it, glancing at his knife. Between the two, he liked his odds...as well as the chances of whoever was on his side as well.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @T.O.M. @Atomyk @Hospes @Indolent
Wow, also r00d. That guy was totally staring at her for a minute or two, there. He must have been checking her out under that hood of his, or something - she looked totally fine, and it was the only explanation as to why anyone would stare like that. Haha, not even that much time on the island had passed for her and she was already a guy-magnet. Not that she was surprised or could blame him.... At all. Not in the very slightest.

Admittedly, Mabel was unsure just who this 'Hideo' person was, but damn that name sounded cool. Like, almost cool enough to be sidekick to an undoubtedly amazing hero like this Red Hood guy totally was! Ooh, maybe this Hideo guy was his sidekick. It'd make total sense, too. Every hero needed a sidekick - just like every Alpha Twin needed a whatever-the-counterpart-of-an-alpha-was twin! It was just common sense, really. Maybe she couldn't beat Dipper when it came to chess, but she still was relatively smart and had common sense.

...She was just a bit overly optimistic, and more than a little naive. Or perhaps the latter was just a result of the former. Regardless, the formula of it all didn't really matter.

Jason's comments to Harley were lost to Mabel, in truth. 'Scum like her'? Were they, like, exs or something? Ooh, or was this girl his arch-enemy?! Maybe she'd get to witness an epic fight or something! That'd be so great. But, then again, she liked the Harley girl so far - she seemed fun and nice enough, and she even liked puns. Maybe a certain Alpha Twin didn't want to see a badass little fight after all.

It was a sad, sad day.

For one moment, Mabel took her eyes off of the man to glance at the other woman that had yet to be introduced. She was talking to the guy that liked to curse and holding something out to him... A gun. It was certainly intriguing, but not as intriguing as the man in the hood. So, she let her eyes move back to him, only to see something that totally crushed her world - he was adjusting his hood! Had he just taken it off while she wasn't looking? Had she just missed her very first hero unmasking himself, right in front of her?!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Luckily, it didn't look like Mabel had the chance to sink to her knees and actually dramatically scream the word like in the movies, because she got a response that shocked her out of it. "Of course you are, dork. You've got a cool symbol and a secret identity and are hiding your face and everything!" she declared. "That's basic hero 101," the brunette added in conclusion, nodding her head once with closed eyes, a matter-of-fact air about her. Opening one eye to peer at Jason, she spoke once more. "Besides, you don't sound that much older than me."

Of course, the muttered statement about how fucked up it was that Mabel was there sailed right over her head as intended. She might've had a hero-sense that was going totally wild, but she sadly didn't have super-hearing.

@T.O.M. @Takumi @C.T. @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent
tumblr_o38iicYDkV1v3qowuo5_100.png

Well... I guess I won't be dying here...

Hideo has a slight sweatdrop on his face, getting Jason's signal, and soon revealing himself from the bush that he was hiding behind earlier. Just thankfully that this group didn't seem to be much of a problem, other than the fact it was shown that Jason has some beef against this Harley girl.

"So, the name's Hideo Kawamura... just some "stay-at-home" freak dragged into another death situation..."

Hideo couldn't say much more than that, because that was the sole truth of it all.

@T.O.M. @Takumi @C.T. @Atomyk @Hospes @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Indolent

Stick - Lighthouse

Once Stick reached the halfway point he was forced to go inside if he wished to move forward. So he reaches his arm out to the nearest window, opening it slowly and quietly before he climbs onto that windows ledge in a crouching stance. Once on the ledge he takes a quick peek and listens carefully to make sure no one else is listening before he moves goes through the window, quietly landing on the floor feet first before closing the window behind him and silently running off towards the stairs leading further up.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @york @Atomyk

Well. Alright, then. No response. Fair enough. Bad to make friends so quickly in this kind of situation.

To be honest, I did feel a little self-conscious. The not-ninja and the Asian girl were probably able to make out the Japanese text sprawled all over the walls, but it was all chicken-scratch to me. On top of that... To emphasize, there was a goddamn not-ninja and a child, at the top of her prime, in the same room as me. Me, a washed-up murderer with a warrant to do so, most of the time anyway, who still isn't sure if the only reason he's still alive is out of sheer dumb luck or because he's more skilled than he thinks. And I don't really like flattering myself. The last time I got a big head, I lost a good few hundred dollars playing poker against my old friends back when I used to be in the force. Anytime I did anything reckless after that, it was usually just because I wasn't really thinking.

In retrospect, death drives are really annoying. You can talk about how good not wanting to die is as a motivator, but you shouldn't underestimate the ferocity of someone who has nothing to lose, 'cause they don't give a shit, and those two factors gives 'em an edge over who they're up against. That being said, I think I've met my match.

Thinking still hurt.

Initially, he didn't understand why Snake Eyes had suddenly drawn his hacksaw. He was about to take a step back, but upon realizing that the man didn't intend to attack with it, he calmed down a bit. However, it wouldn't be until Mukuro would reply by holding up what seemed to be a scalpel that the old man would realize what was going on.

Max just sighed and grunted. He didn't really know why he was doing this, but he may as well.

"You could have just said it aloud."

With that, he produced the one weapon he had on him for the time being; a railroad spike. Felt like he got the short end of the stick here, but he could make do.

@Jeremi @The Silver Paladin

Snake Eyes would only motion to his throat and formed an X over it. No words would ever escape his lips.

Being content with what he had seen Snake Eyes would start to make his way out from the decrepit building. Nothing more could be salvaged from here, and if the other two wished to follow him he wouldn't mind. While he could be a lone wolf having a pack in this situation wouldn't be a bad idea.

@The Silver Paladin @Verite

Well, shit. Two men at either side of the building, and the only one down now was from a window. From the third story, unless there was something soft like water, it'd be suicide. Looking at either way, he very slowly walked behind one of the support pillars of the building, taking in a quick breath out of fear before looking at both sides more than he should, the possibility of death so high now. But if at least one of them were to speak and give his name, Leo would then do so out of respect. "Leo. Sergeant Leo Barnes!" Leo said quickly, holding one of the tonfas by the side handle and the other with the main handle. Defense and offense. "Listen, we all can do two things!" He stated loud enough that they can hear. "One: we can all show ourselves, show our weapons and maybe we can find a way to work together and find a way to get off this island." He licked his lips, again looking around the corners of the pillar for any movement. "Or two: We do an all out fight and see who gets killed." He sighed, the expression being able to be heard as he looks around once more. "And I'll tell you the truth, I'm not planning on killing any of you if it means a way off this fucking island. So lets work together, and find a way, yeah?" Leo said as he showed his hands from the pillar. "Nice and slow, boys. Nice and slow."
@Archwar
@Mighty Roman

Nathan Drake: Helicopter
"Scooby huh?" The name was oddly familiar, but Nate couldn't place it. Eh whatever, probably nothing too important. He shrugged it off and continued talking with the dog. "The name is Nathan Drake. You can just call me Nate. So I know this might sound a bit crazy and bold, but could I use your shotgun? I actually have experience with it and you have no idea how to even hold it. It would be beneficial to the both of us. So what do you say?" Never thought I would ask that question to a dog...

@LuckycoolHawk9

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
"Jesus, Fisk. "

While Sara might not have said anything about the a crime lord's outburst; Mike eyes and general body language did most of the talk. Mike knew Fisk type, but he was only so understanding Taking a deep breath, Mike would nod to Sara

"The lighthouse is what I was gonna suggest, good on you, kid. About the collars, after we get to the light house and set up shop, I'll go look for that girl's body. Maybe I'll find some parts from the collar. I couldn't hurt. But for now? Let's get out of here.

@OrlandoBloomers @Cromartie Sarkissian

It almost seemed like the man knew his name from somewhere . . . maybe he was from his world and watched the news too. He took a brief moment and looked at him. Nathan Drake, that was a interesting name for a man too and he looked at her. He blinked twice when Nate asked for his shotgun, he was uncertain about thus. " Rokay, rut ronly rif ri ran ret rhat rhe rabbit rave rou ro refend rourself,"*1 he said, not wanting to give him his gun if he wasn't going to get anything in return for it.

Translations

*1 Okay, but only if I can get what the rabbit gave you to defend yourself.

@Ramboing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.