G

Gands

Original poster
upload_2017-5-4_22-41-46.png

Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after

upload_2017-5-4_22-53-46.png

Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me..."

upload_2017-5-4_22-55-40.png

" The Question "

This thread is part of the Epic Mashup clan, please go there and see how to get started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotham
Twilight bar and grill

The woman has something of a cool expression, giving Phil a little nod while she turns back to the bartender to study him.

" Hello there "

Phil Wells/ Moment Man

Phil couldn't read her expression well, but he took that as a good thing. He didn't notice her studying the bartender though.

Where to go from here? " So, I'm Phil. What's your name?" He asked. God, he should have worked on his pick up lines.

@Gands

Gotham City
Twilight bar and grill

" My parents named me Pamela, Phil. "

As he is watching her she remains looking at the bartender. Things seem to be ... plants.. ? Vines ? seem to be sprouting up from the floor. The process is horrifyingly quick. The vines grab up the bartender, who screams.

" I'm a Scorpio Phil, how about you ? "

Phil Wells/ Moment Man

Phil made a note to remember the name correctly, Pamela.

He took another sip of his drink and he didn't notice the other things. In retrospect, he would feel guilty about it later. Another person he couldn't save. Another life to add to the tally of careless death in his wake though.

" Aquaris. Did you hear that?" He asked, turning toward where the scream came from.

@Gands

Gotham City
Twilight Bar and grill.

She giggles a bit.

"Are you looking for the next Mrs. Phil ?

She pays only the smallest attention to the bartender now, watching the vines crush him.

She turns to Phil, giving him the once over review.

Phil Wells/ Moment Man

She giggles a bit.

He had an uneasy feeling in the back of his mind, almost like he missed something.

I mean, every once in a while, I look to see. But yes."

Phil took a sip of his sweet vermouth. God, it still sucked. He missed the bartender getting crushed somehow.

It was not the worst night that he had ever had before. It was actually nice. He looked around the bar to see where the bartender went.

@Gands

Gotham City
Twilight bar and grill.

" Well, my business here is done Phil. If you have a favorite place to take me that isn't the Twilight bar and grill, I'm all for it ! "

@LuckycoolHawk9

Phil Wells/ Moment Man

"Huh, I guess the bartender left. Let me just pay my bill. Then I can take you to a nice restaurant two blocks down. "
He placed the money on the table and grabbed his coat,ready to go.

@Gands

Gotham city
Pamela Isely Aka Poison Ivey

Pamela gets up after he does, following him out the door. Had he chosen to look at the rest of the one busy bar, he might have noticed a preponderance of vines in an otherwise empty establishment.

"I have seen you someplace before, haven't I ?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

Phil Wells/ Moment Man

Phil checked his coat for his phone. He thankfully had it on him and wondered how things had gone if he didn't. He never did bother to turn around, oblivious to what Poison Ivy had done to the poor bartender.

"I have seen you someplace before, haven't I ?"

" I'm the channel 5 Weatherman, well their travelling one at least. Though, sometimes I become their weatherman, their news anchor or their reporter. But most people know me from TV," he replied to her.

@Gands

Gotham City
Pamela Isely aka Poison Ivey

As they walked to the restaurant, Pamela reached out and held Phil's hand.

" You know there are famous people out there in the world who are not near as kind and polite as you are Phil ! "

@LuckycoolHawk9

Phil Wells/ Moment Man

Phil didn't retract when she reached and held his hand. It had been a while since anyone had done that.

" I have heard. I used to be one of them, turned over a new leaf after an.... incident." he replied. It wasn't well known that he saw his producer die when she took his hand to help him up once.

Gotham City

Fancy Restaurant

The staff at Chez Cloud is familiar with Phil and he is treated well, like a minor celebrity. A special table is cleared and a good bottle of wine is brought.

Pamela seems suitably impressed.

" My my, very special indeed.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Phil Wells/ Moment Man - Chez Cloud
Phil had been here more than once. Though he tried to avoid, Gotham, everybody still didn't want to disrespect. The perks of being an asshole before turning over a new leaf was always interesting.

He smiled, pouring the wine into one of the glasses brought.

" I never thought much of it. It's how I am usually treated. I also pay well." He seemed to be calmer here for some reason.

@Gands

Gotham City
Chez Cloud

Pamela looks relaxed as well. Something about Phil has her both intrigued and calm.

" By the way, that bartender was a rapist. Over a dozen known victims. He escaped jail time on a technicality. Order something for me, but remember I am mostly Vegetarian."

For just that brief moment, her rage showed. Quickly back under control and back to charming after that.

Phil Wells/ Moment Man

Phil looked over at her for a second. He was silent as he looked through the menu too.

" Oh, okay. I didn't know that. I don't usually go there. God, that's horrible. I hate it when things like that happen. Leave it to the law system to fail. Got it, mostly Vegan."

It seemed weird to mention the bartender, but he shrugged it off. He finally order a salad for the two of them. he really wasn't that hungry anyway.

@Gands

Invader Nara

Gotham
Near The Ice Berg Lounge

Nara let out a hiss as she toyed with a claw machine. The evil creation had bested her not only once but now twice the Irken had found itself at odds with the monstrosity of man. The claw dropped the electronic package one last time causing the Irken to take a step back. Pak opening a arm extended blasting a laser against the screen quickly cutting a hole. Grabbing not only what she was after but everything else inside she shoved it all within her Sir unit.

The arcade unwise to the event continued on even as the Irken made her way outside. The city was alive, it stunk! Oh the smell of it all, the very filth in the air, it was disgusting. Cringing Nara composed herself. Straightening up her SIR unit in its disguised form moved to her side. "What is that noise?" Nara asked. Bazzle darted ahead before reappearing in front of her. "It appears to be, Sirens. Database stolen for Zim dictates Sirens indicate some form of disturbance." Bazzle spoke to Nara.

Ocular implant zooming in Nara look onto the scene as police cars continue to arrive. "Oh, now this seems entertaining." The Invader said a smirk coming across her disguised features. "I think this is worth a closer look." Nara said unable to contain herself. Slithering up to the area of interest three cops appeared to be arresting a group of thugs. Behind them was a broken store front, signs of looting. "Analysis-" Bazzle began to speak into her ear before it was cut off. Two more thugs appeared and drew their weapons at the officers.

"Pacification Mode. Discretional Tolerance."
The Invader spoke those words as training kicked in. Eyes locking onto the eye's ballistic device the Irken Elite's reaction was far higher than the thugs. Pak deploying two blasts erupted from the Paks tendril weapons. The weapons erupted in the men's hands showering them with shrapnel. The cops fell backwards, Bazzle rendering them unconscious with sonic emission. The other thugs began to scramble. Darting, Bazzle rendered each of them unconscious, the crowd dispersing and having scattered the moment the weapons were drawn were nowhere to be found.

"Bring them back. Select two, identify, and prepare for interrogation, immediate. Time is of the essence, we have little of it." Invader Nara commanded as Bazzle quickly gathered the two suspected leaders. Yanked into a nearby room and away from prying eyes the Invader's disguise fell. Pak opening she welded the door shut before turning her head towards the men. Bazzle tied them up as the Invader began to smirk. The red eyes of the Irken the open discernible feature in the black room.

Flicking the light on "No time for dramatic entrances." The Alien spoke matter of factly. "You speak, or you suffer. Struggle and I will make you wish you hadn't been birthed." The Irken continued on her Alien appearance at full bare. Interrogation tools began to deploy from the Pak unit. "So, let us see what you know...."​

Gotham City
Chez Cloud

Pamela enjoyed the salad, the food here is quite good she thought to herself.

" So Phil, would it surprise you that I find you intriguing ? Would you care to give me your phone number ? I think I'd like to do this again. Simple, easy, rather carefree dating".

@LuckycoolHawk9

Phil Wells/ Moment Man

Phil personally preferred some meat, it didn't burn as fast, but he would admit the salad was good.

Phil awkwardly smiled. Usually he was the one to ask that question to people. " Sure, I would love to do this again. It's nice and not so messy," he said, jotting a phone number on a pad that was in his pocket and handing it over to her. It was a good thing he didn't carry a separate pad for when he was the moment man, that one was ordinary as was the number. He was always careful to not let the two lives intersect. Phil Wells was the weatherman. Moment Man was an enigma.

@Gands

Gotham city

Chez Cloud

Pamela is now wearing a soft coy smile. She reaches across and palms the card with his phone number.

" You should beware Phil, I intend to wear you out ! You will treasure the moments I think !"

She gets up gracefully and looks at him again.

" No need to walk me out Phil.. Keep yourself in one piece till the next time !"

Then she leaves.

@LuckycoolHawk9