G

Gands

Original poster
upload_2017-5-4_22-41-46.png

Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after

upload_2017-5-4_22-53-46.png

Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me..."

upload_2017-5-4_22-55-40.png

" The Question "

This thread is part of the Epic Mashup clan, please go there and see how to get started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil Wells/ Moment Man

Phil noticed the coy smile when she takes the card from his hand. It was good that she had expected it too.

" Well, you wouldn't be the first to try. I always treasure the moments," he replied.

Phil awkwardly smiles as she looked at him again.

Phil wasn't used to this, god, it was moments like these. It had been a while since he had a vision.

That worried him, but it wasn't like something could go horribly wrong. He went to pick up her glass to reach the check.

@Gands

Gotham city

As Phil picks up Pamela's glass, he has a.... Moment.... or a vision to you and me.

In his mind's eye, he can see... a red headed woman having a fierce three way battle with what appears to be the Batman and a pale tattooed man, probably the Joker. The vision only lasts... a.... Moment.... but it is incredibly vivid. Just at the end, it seems like the red headed woman is hurt badly by an explosion of some sort. She looked a lot like Pamela.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Phil Wells/ Moment Man

Phil felt it come over as soon as he touched the glass. The rush and he saw it all in a moment.

It looked like Pamela was going to get hurt. He knew four things were certain about his moments. 1) It had yet to happen to him.. 2) Prevented or not, he would be there when it happened. 3) The item used to trigger the vision did not have to be present during the vision. The very last thing was the most important thing though. He could prevent it. It was a future- but not The future.

Now there was only one problem, he had no clue when it could happen. No clues. Batman and the Joker fighting was always happening- it wasn't an indicator. He sighed.

@Gands[/COLOR]

Gotham City
Chez Cloud

Things were quiet for a few moments while Phil had his.. moment ...

Into that quiet, walked the infamous Joker.

upload_2017-9-4_19-43-34.png

The man, known in some circles as the Joker, pranced in doing a little dance, singing a little song.

"I saw her sitting in the rain
Raindrops falling on her
She didn't seem to care
She sat there and smiled at me
Then I knew
She could make me happy
Flowers in her hair
Flowers everywhere
I love the flower girl
Oh, I don't know just why, she simply caught my eye
I love the flower girl
She seemed so sweet and kind, she crept into my mind "

Slowly his little dance carried him closer and closer to the weatherman. As he got close to Phil, his dance slowed to a stop as did his song.

" Weather man weather man sittin near a tree.. I need to know what you are going to tell me ! "

Accompanying the infamous psychopath were two goons in elaborate masks and carrying guns.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS

Phil Wells/ Moment Man

Phil didn't hear what happened next. He couldn't have heard it though.

He turned when he heard the joker sing though.

It wasn't that the man was bad, it was just that he unnerved him in more ways than one quite honestly.

Phil had an uneasy feeling about all of this.
He felt like he was missing a piece.
A piece of the puzzle that was important in the long run.
A flower girl who smiled and sat there with a smile.
Could he possibly be talking about Pamela?
He bit down on his lower lip, thinking for a moment.
Had she had a flower in her hair?
Flower. Gotham. God, where was the connection?
He raced through the possible options in his mind.
Flowers. Flowers. God, he knew this, where was the answer?
She seemed so sweet and kind.
She hadn't kissed him before she left. Oh god, had he? Was it-No.

As his mind raced, he didn't notice the Joker approach him and stopped. He had a feeling that he knew. Somehow the Joker knew who he was.

" That depends on what you are asking. I mean, if you wanted the weather, it seems kind of weird to ask in person."

He eyed the goons. God, he wished he had a power that was good for defense and not just good for messages. But he knew the Joker needed him alive. Hmmm... well, he hadn't touched him so there was no chance of a moment.

@Michale CS @Gands[/COLOR]

Reactions: Gands
Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus

Texting to Karolina the next day.

((" Hey Karo, I thought I would send you a quick note. Some of us left town to track down a lead regarding the Riddler. Because of the dangers involved, I didn't tell you right away. Having you so badly hurt bothers me enough already. Get well soon, I will try and send you another text tomorrow reporting on our progress.

With love and respect

Grady. "))

@Camleen

"Actually, middle ground" Tyler answered Bruce Wayne as he was still fingering through the tablet. "I have a man for this. Just a minute"

Tyler went to typing on his own phone, smiled, and spoke "I'm actually more concerned that we might already have something similar going on than an any actual trade secret matters. Or with a pitch like that you might want Fenwick Enterprises instead of Fenwick Technology. We are more geared toward applied technology than the original. Still, if you took the time to have it written I can take the time to have it read. Send it over to F E U E R at TylerFenwick.com and he should have it read before the order arrives."

"Honestly I feel a little self-conscious doing that with Mr Fox sitting across the table. Still, prudence in all matters, eh?"

"Tell me, what is it like to live in Gotham? Toronto's a bit quiet these days, at least for her size"

"Gotham's... A temperamental place. Sometimes I wonder if I might be better served living in orbit, but I keep coming back to her." Wayne replied.

"Well, if we've gotten the legal out of the way we can just relax while our staff takes care of the details, eh? And I don't want to be rude, how's Toronto? Anything you'd recommend I see on my next trip there?"

@Kingof192

Gotham City
Chez Cloud

The Joker leans close to Phil.

" He thought he had me, he put me into the oven Phil. Do you know how much I hate ovens !!!
That's okay, punk thought he could be me Phil, I taught him, I taught him good. "

With that, the crazed criminal pulls out a bag and tosses a head on the table, that looks like his....

" So, weather man, You've been seen with my number one Girl ! What do you have to say for yourself ? "

In the meantime, Chez Cloud has cleared out, emptied aside from Phil and the Joker's party.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Phil Wells/ Moment Man

Phil was very uncomfortable as the Joker evaded his personal space.

Phil wasn't sure how to reply to that. He was silent for a moment, not sure if he was supposed too.
He decided that silence was a valid option for right now. He watched the Joker pulled out a head.

He didn't know what was more unnerving. The fact that he had a head in his bag or the fact he was showing to him.

" I am still not sure what you are talking about. I mean- I was on a date- but-," he said, still trying to connect the dots.

He guessed that it was a good thing that they place was empty in case he died. He tried to figure out what to say next.

@Gands

Chez Cloud

The Joker looks thoughtful for a moment looking at Phil.

" You know Phil, I like you. You are my favorite Weather guy. No more dates with the pretty redhead, cause she's my gal Phil !"

He dips a finger into the severed neck of the "other Joker" and paints a big clown smile on Phil's face.

Backing away and looking around, Joker takes one last thing out of his bag.

upload_2017-9-5_21-31-12.png

" Time to go Phil ! "

@LuckycoolHawk9

Phil Wells/ Moment Man

Phil noticed the thoughtful look on the man's face. It felt weird.

Phil wasn't sure he should be worried or relieved that he was his favorite weather guy. He simply nodded to show he understood.

Phil would worry about the blood induced clown smile later. It was the least bit of his concerns right now.

It was always a bomb. Why couldn't they ever use something less explosive?

Goddamn it, why couldn't he have a moment of this? This would have been helpful to have a moment. He didn't need to be told twice to leave. He would also help to rebuild this place... it was his fault that it got blown up. God, it was a good thing he saved his salary and only lived with the necessity of life.

@Gands

Gotham city
Chez Cloud

Joker pranced out of the restaurant out the back door, his men backing out watching you.

The bomb goes off long before it should. Sounding more like a loud whiney firework. When it finishes, a little flag comes out that says boom.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Phil Wells/ Moment Man

Well, he was going to be brutally scarred for life seeing as the guards were watching him.

Phil was still unnerved by this. " Great, a moment and the Joker. Not like I could have a worse day, he said, wiping the make up with a napkin and touches the flag as he went to grab his phone.

@Gands

"Gotham's... A temperamental place. Sometimes I wonder if I might be better served living in orbit, but I keep coming back to her." Wayne replied.

"Well, if we've gotten the legal out of the way we can just relax while our staff takes care of the details, eh? And I don't want to be rude, how's Toronto? Anything you'd recommend I see on my next trip there?"

"Toronto is wonderful, really. We have a lot of art, science, low crime rate, and the people don't need cars to get around anymore. Honestly feels like a different world than some of the places I've been visiting in the States"

Tyler's eyes lit up "Here's something for the man whose seen it all. I'm sure there's nothing like it on Earth" Tyler smiled, as he reached into a large wallet filled with pictures.

"The Toronto War Museum. "
he smiled, showing a relatively unassuming picture "Such an unassuming name, and it really is just a World War II museum but it's got some amazingly unusual twists"

He flips to the next picture "This is the newspaper that incorrectly reported my grandfather's death. August Fenwick's ran the original Fenwick company but decided to go off to war just the same. He was missing for a while, but returned home. That's just a personal point of pride"

Flipping again "One of the original costumes of the Flying Squirrel. This was actually flying technology in WW2. Actually, more gliding technology. It brings in the technically savvy and meta fans. The original Fenwick company actually has the patents, and the folks taught me how it works. It comes up often in schoolbooks in Canada. It's actually more of a glider but when used by the athletically gifted with low body weight, it fairly simulates flying.

flipped again to the picture of the statues of the Red Panda and Flying Squirrel "Now here is where it gets really interesting. The Red Panda still protects Toronto to this day. There are stories of the Red Panda being a ghost and stories about him being an android. Elsewhere in the Museum, there is a Red Panda Bot...from the 1940's mind. So this brings out a certain crown of it's own as well. Still, in a certain since this is just a vigilante in a business suit. Which brings me to the main event.

Flips again, to a closer look at the flying squirrel statue "He's a guy in a business suit, she's wearing a suit that makes her look like Catwoman wearing green in goggles.... in the 1940's. Some say the first sex symbol of Toronto, some say she led the way for women to puruse that line of work, others look at the costume and say she actually damages the women's movement. Even though the Red Panda still operates in Toronto, the Flying Squirrel hasn't been seen in over fifty years. So this becomes a breeding ground for all types of romantic stories and such about what happened to her. I know the Red Panda has actually turned down movie deals and declined to speak of this on many occasions. To this day, the stories about the Flying Squirrel have never stopped and every couple of years theres yet another. There's even a messianic twist to some of them these days. The geographic epicenter of it all being this statue right here. "

Closing all the pictures he said "So all of that, in a war museum in Toronto. Everybody from students to patriots to romantics to cooks congregate around this place, and I can't get anywhere near it because everybody knows about our connections to the Panda...but wow, what a place."

Reactions: Michale CS
KarolinaBanner002.jpg

With a yawn, she stirs in the hospital bed, stretching her legs under the thin sheet covering her form. She stretches her right arm over her head, her toes wiggling as she does. She's gotten used to waking up here in the clinic… okay that's not true. At all. But she's accepted that this is her home for the moment. This bed is her place of residence for now. With a soft groan she sits up, feeling some pressure in her left shoulder as she does so. It's in a solid sling, keeping it immobilized for the most part. She looks towards the near window… they were nice enough to move her bed to be next to a window that faced the sunrise… and she smiles a little as she looks out towards Gotham proper.

"Well what trouble can I get into today?" She says softly to herself. With some effort, she scoots her butt towards one side of the bed, being careful of her shoulder. She's practiced moving like this for a while now… sudden stinging IMMENSE pain will make you learn how to move a specific way. One of her toes daintily touches the floor, and she stretches that foot out to hook her slippers. She slides her feet into them, and pushes herself up from the bed. She stands still a moment, making sure she doesn't get a dizzy spell or lightheaded suddenly or something. She shuffles towards and end table near her bed, scooping up her phone.

She turns it on, looking through her messages. Grady sent her a text a few days ago… which she has yet to respond to. She's not sure why. Well yes, she does.

Guilt.

She feels guilty because he feels so bad about what happened to her. About how things ended that awful night. Things caused by her relative inexperience. So now she starts her morning walk, just stretching her legs. She shuffles down the hallway, looking through her messages, e-mails and newsfeeds. She is wearing just a hospital gown… the back of which she has sewn shut by now. Because… well just because. Not exactly dignified. And she feels self-conscious enough as it is.

She gets to the end of the hall, and does an about face, her eyes cast down still towards her phone. With a sigh, she decides it's time to respond to the one text she has yet to answer.

(("Hey Grady-Dady. If I could be there with yall I would. I wanna help if I can so let me know what I can do. Can't transform yet, but I'll get there. Taking my morning walk, down the hall and back. Clinic gown was showing to much of my butt, so sewed it closed. Now it's a cool dress."))

She grins a little at that, and then sends a second text. She purposely changes the color of the texts she sends. Because it makes them prettier.

(("And Stop feeling bad for me, jerkface mcjerkington. I'm fine, we're fine. Be back in the skies soon! Yall be careful, and bring me presents!"))

She nods as she sends the second text… and then rolls her eyes at herself as she sends a third.

(("This is Karolina, by the by. Didn't know if that was obvious."))

NOW she nods to herself for a job well done. By now she has gotten back to her little room, shuffling towards her bed. She turns the little latches on the window in her room, and with a soft grunt she pushes it up and open. Sitting now on the edge of her bed, she stares out towards the city, a soft smile upon her lips.

She's not sure she's ever seen a bluer sky, and she can feel it reaching out to her. And she can feel the warmth of the air upon her soft skin, and it makes her smile a little more.

Without her noticing, some of the tips of her long blond hair sway a little, as if on their own. And they give off the faintest of glows…

Inside the infamous Bowery neighborhood, a shadowly figure with great stealth moved from one dark alley to another. The figure, slightly smaller than an human adult wore a tan fedora hat and trench coat, stained with sewer filth. It was the darkness of the night that truly disguised the figure underneath coat and hat, however. His pace slowed as he briskly walked opposite of an abandoned theater, tapped with 'do not cross' wrapping.

Mr. Trench Coat spared a glanced toward the former movie joint muttered.

"Gotham is a dump."

cd84ef80f81ebbe62b2479c3a56a892f---movies-tmnt-turtles.jpg

Raphael shook his head. It's one thing to see the pictures or footage on the news but reality of the state of this place was more obvious in person. New York, his home had a similar smell so far but Raph couldn't help but sense something off about this city in general. The undercover Ninja Turtle proceeded to look around his new surroundings. So far the warrior didn't see anything that made this many worse than Hell's Kitchen back home.

What did they call this street again he wondered. Then he spotted the sign on top of a lightstand to his right. It read in red bold print...

latest

Raph then immediately looked down and saw two white lined figures man and woman were marked on the ground in front of him. Clearly it marked that two people were murdered on this very spot. A cold chill ran up his shell suddenly, in an haunting sort of way.

Wait a minute didn't some rich couple get shot in this alley years back? That's what April say once and...that they had a son who grew up to be a drunk playboy.

He sighed and shook his head at the sheer tragedy of the thought. In an way the mutant ninja understood why the famous Bruce Wayne turned out that way he did. Who wouldn't want to forgot such a bitter loss? Raphael really didn't want to know that feeling of losing one's whole family.

Last edited:
Gotham City
Weather man Phil's apartment

Dr. Pamela Isely is getting dressed and ready to leave. It was an amusing and satisfying night. She wasn't entirely certain if the weather guy is brilliant or completely without a clue... or simply devoted to her. One thing was certain, for now, she wasn't going to kill him. He himself was having a dream moment. One Victor Fries raiding a chemical factory.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Not far in the dark of night, one disguised turtle sees a large mostly man shaped shadow disappear around a corner. The scent that comes to him, smells of sewer and something else. .

@Nomad-22

Gotham City

Not far in the dark of night, one disguised turtle sees a large mostly man shaped shadow disappear around a corner. The scent that comes to him, smells of sewer and something else. .

@Nomad-22

Years of training and experience alerted Raplh of a strange presence. Getting into an defenvise stance, he detected the large shadow, just as it passed the corner. Pulling out his sais underneath his coat, Raphael approached the corner.

What the hell was that?

The turtle thought while he ready himself for trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michale CS
Phil Wells/ Moment Man

Phil was very bad when it came to following the Joker's directions. He still goes out Pamela and he was happy when she came back to his apartment. He was brilliant, clueless and devoted to her. He stirred in his sleep after the moment. " Usually I'm the one leaving," he muttered, still half-asleep, but aware of the moment he had earlier. He really didn't want to see her go.

@Gands

Gotham City
Phil's apartment.

Phil finds himself a bit loopy, perhaps drugged. He is not bound and still in his bed.

Nearby, the clown prince of crime is sitting in a chair with a couple of goons in the room. One near the window and the other near the door.

" Now Phil, I did tell you, you were my favorite weather man right ? "

His voice at first is very kindly, friendly.

" But now I find you cheating with my best girl Phil. Somehow I think this calls for some sort of punishment, don't you think ?"

upload_2017-10-1_1-0-56.png

" I leave it to you Phil. Because, I like you, I wont kill.... YOU! That being said...Someone has to pay... Figure out who... save them.... (( he shrugs with a sinister grin )) and they live.... "

@LuckycoolHawk9