• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would LOVE to have you with us in this. Any idea who you would want to play at this point?

And as a reminder to myself, if no one else, here are the characters spoken for:
X-23 - Camleen/Ashley/ME!
Wolverine - Dipper
Deadpool - Dunruffle
The Wanderer - Noir Spiderman, Penance
Furasian - 'Average Joe' utility guy!
MST3K 4ever - ????

Look good thus far?
I'm thinking Steve Rogers...with a bit of twist at first. When he was awakened he joined SHIELD but became disillusioned with it and what he was fighting for. He is now living among the Amish and Fury comes and asks him to comeback because of the impending threat.

I honestly may change Noir Spider-Man to just Spider-Man. Cause, I was gonna try and figure out a way for him to be there in the present. But it either involved time travel, or being frozen like good ol' Cap.

Another idea, but a severely undeveloped one. Is where......Spider-Man has a comic series of himself along with different versions. And somehow, Noir is brought into the real world...Like I said. An undeveloped idea. Unless anyone has any suggestions?

Cap'll have no problem being worked into our fledgling plot. We could possibly do a cross-verse AU for Spider-Man; for example, falling through dimensional portals because that's just how this stuff works.

Excellent! I was considering either him or Daredevil...I feel a bit more comfortable with Cap.

The portal thing can work......Infact, there could be an event in the story that brings Noir to this universe. Though, what type of event is up for debate...

That actually may work to our advantage. A 'word-shattering event', so to speak. Portals opening up across the world, letting in some nasty characters and some good ones. They don't have to open up all at once, which would allow any characters from other verses who are being played to get in on the action before that actual plot starts. Otherwise they'd be waiting too long.

And, as time goes by, more portals open up to let in bad. It's a good start.

• Useful
Reactions: The Wanderer
Initially my thought was....ugh portals, really? But as Dipper pointed out, it could work to our advantage. Not really a 'villain of the week' thing, but beings from different Marvel universes that suddenly find themselves in our little sandbox. some might not take kindly to being suddenly there. Cause trouble... give more reason to create an unified front. Could be someone (or group) from anywhere in the Marvel multiverse... zombies, Transformers, animated series multiverse, vampire eternals... we got options. This won't be our main plot, but could be a big feature of the rp.

Opinions?

And Wanderer, just let me know which you decide on. we'll do our best to make it work.

Portals aren't the most creative idea, but they will open up more potential plot threads and give people a wider range of character choice. Unless you'd prefer something else? I'm sure we could figure out something else if you want.

Well, if portals are going to be a thing. Then I'll just stick with Noir. I am currently thinking of ways to slightly alter Penance's upbringing while sticking to the original idea of the character.

What if we made it so the portals weren't like random events? Only allowing certain beings through? What if someone was actually behind them opening and closing? I don't want everyone and their brother to use a character from a different timeline just cause they use a portal. Part of the charm of this RP, for me, is that everyone is of this shared universe. I don't think I want it more than that. It would be fine to allow some baddies through the portals for the sake of rp, but beyond that I'm unsure.

What if we made it so the portals weren't like random events? Only allowing certain beings through? What if someone was actually behind them opening and closing? I don't want everyone and their brother to use a character from a different timeline just cause they use a portal. Part of the charm of this RP, for me, is that everyone is of this shared universe. I don't think I want it more than that. It would be fine to allow some baddies through the portals for the sake of rp, but beyond that I'm unsure.
I think a limit on characters from alternate timelines should be put in place. I think an exception was made for Spider-Man, but beyond that, maybe any others just shouldn't be allowed? Wanderer could also go Penance, if given the proper background change. In that case, no portals.

Or, we could do as you say and put this whole thing in the hands of a puppet master. Somebody's messing with the multiverse. It's up to you. Like I said, I'm just spitting ideas out.

Okay, portal idea is out. Wanderer will be the only one, if he so chooses. But a Spider-man (modern spider-man) would be cool too. It's your call.
I'm coming up with more of the timeline for us.. as well as an overreaching arc. I'll run things by you guys, we'll see where we stand. I'm excited about this, I just need to get things together.. I'm not so good at it. Working on it though.

Alright. Well, if you need any help getting things rolling, let me know. I look forward to this.

World War 2 Era
~Super Soldier Serum developed by Dr. Abraham Erskine in Germany at the start of World War 2. Johann Schmidt takes the formula, becoming the Red Skull. Erskine escapes to America, being involved in the Strategic Scientific Reserve, and then Operation Rebirth.
~Schmidt becomes lead of Hydra, finds the Tesseract. Starts to create weapons with Arnim Zola. The Super Soldier Serum is administered to Steve Rogers, who then becomes Captain America.
~Defenders aid the Allies.
~The events of Captain America: The First Avenger, essentially. With one difference, the Tesseract is never recovered by Howard Stark. Bucky is taken by Hydra and made into the Winter Soldier.
~Logan participates in World War 2. Meets Captain America as his squad and the Howling Commandos liberate a Nazi internment camp of Jewish citizens.
~Erik Lensherr and his family are put into a Nazi internment camp, his family killed before the cap he was in was liberated.

~21 years ago, the first publicized major mutant 'incident' is reported. A single man disables a Russian submarine, all hands lost. Mutants, almost immediately, are seen as a force of destruction to the world as a whole. Up to this point, mutants were more urban legends. The ones that are 'discovered' are treated with prejudice, sometimes to the extreme. But it is never reported.

~10 years ago, Charles Xavier begins work on a school in upstate New York with the intention of someday having it act as a safe haven and learning center for mutants. It has yet to be opened to the public. He has taken in a small handful of mutants, helping them to gain control over their abilities.

~8 years ago Tony Stark premieres as Iron Man. He is approached by Nick Fury to aid in the Avengers Initiative. Thor arrives on Earth, his battle with the Destroyer leveling a small town. Captain America is found in the ice and revived by SHIELD. He begins assimilation into this new world. He has yet to be revealed to the public.

~2 years ago Reed Richards heads a research team to launch an experimental spacecraft for stellar study. After exposure to a stellar storm, it crashes back to Earth. The team of 4 gains new abilities, but have yet to be revealed publicly.

What else? I'd like everyone's input on this. And the updated roster..
X-23 - Camleen/Ashley/ME!
Wolverine - Dipper
Deadpool - Dunruffle
Noir Spiderman, Penance - The Wanderer
Average Joe' utility guy! - Furasian
Steve Rogers - MST3K 4ever

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Looks good. I'd suggest fleshing out a current timeline, one that leads up to the action. That'll give everyone a better idea of where they're starting.

I am utility guy, I utilize things!

I am currently reading as much as I can over before I make an input, got busy stuff these next few hours so I am not really around

Reactions: Camleen
I am utility guy, I utilize things!

Would you wanna play a SHIELD agent? Or maybe a cop?

Edit: That made me think of something.. when i get home from work tonight I'll post what I propose the current state of the world is. There are going to be pocket groups of mutants that are indeed terrorists, not every mutant is innocent. Maybe 3 or 4 of these groups. Given that.. would anyone wanna NPC the leaders of the different factions we have going? I think I want to NPC Xavier.. but we'll need (until we get actual players for them) of the mutant groups (I think), and for SHIELD. As well as any other major organization we can think of.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I can run what you need me to run. In a Marvel rp I did a cop but in another superhero rp I pulled together a agent/detective char that could fill the shoes of a shield agent

Here's what I have thus far for the current state of affairs in this world we're going to build together. Please, give me honest feedback on it. We can only make it better!

Right now the most prominent 'superhero' is Iron Man. Everyone knows he is Tony Stark. He hasn't joined SHIELD in full measure yet, but acts as consultant and occasionally is asked to help in missions. Either in logistics or on the ground. War Machine works for SHIELD fulltime. HYDRA and AIM are major threats right now, in the hero world. HYDRA is utilizing the Winter Soldier for their missions, though his existence can not be positively confirmed.
Charles Xavier has built an institute in upper New York to help mutants gain control over their abilities, and act as a safe haven for mutants. To the world at large, he merely runs a school for gifted children. No one knows it is a school for mutants. But while he is operating a school, he is also beginning to build a strike force to be used for the good of mutants. Whether it is protecting mutants from violence, or fighting against mutants that would do harm to humanity at large. He is known as a teacher and a proponent of civil rights for all people, mutant and non mutant.
SHIELD has attempted to use 'enhanced beings' for their own purposes. They have even utilized mutants in this regard. But all attempts at creating a cohesive 'team' has been met with failure. More than one of their teams have been killed in the field. There have been 3 such teams thus far, one of those teams comprised wholly of mutants.
The world hates and fears mutants as a whole. Many see them as terrorists, and politicians have added to that perception for their own goals. They are superpowered beings hiding in the midst of your neighbors. Anyone can be a mutant, anyone can be out to hurt humans. Anti-mutant propaganda has reached a fever pitch, prompting SHIELD to being putting together a fourth strike force. A team to defend the world should the need arise.

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Looks very good, Camleen :)

If anyone has a friend or two who may be interested in this, drag 'em over.

Status
Not open for further replies.