1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
[btn=mode]IC Thread![/btn] [btn=mode]The Characters[/btn] [btn=mode]Info Thread[/btn] [btn=modc]OOC Thread[/btn]

Rise Of The Marvels (Working Title, AU Marvel RP/Story)
World War 2 Era
~Super Soldier Serum developed by Dr. Abraham Erskine in Germany at the start of World War 2. Johann Schmidt takes the formula, becoming the Red Skull. Erskine escapes to America, being involved in the Strategic Scientific Reserve, and then Operation Rebirth.
~Schmidt becomes lead of Hydra, finds the Tesseract. Starts to create weapons with Arnim Zola. The Super Soldier Serum is administered to Steve Rogers, who then becomes Captain America.
~Defenders aid the Allies.
~The events of Captain America: The First Avenger, essentially. With one difference, the Tesseract is never recovered by Howard Stark. Bucky is taken by Hydra and made into the Winter Soldier.
~Logan participates in World War 2. Meets Captain America as his squad and the Howling Commandos liberate a Nazi internment camp of Jewish citizens.
~Erik Lensherr and his family are put into a Nazi internment camp, his family killed before the cap he was in was liberated.

~21 years ago, the first publicized major mutant 'incident' is reported. A single man disables a Russian submarine, all hands lost. Mutants, almost immediately, are seen as a force of destruction to the world as a whole. Up to this point, mutants were more urban legends. The ones that are 'discovered' are treated with prejudice, sometimes to the extreme. But it is never reported.

~17 years ago, Bolivar Trask receives a grant to begin work on a safeguard system for humanity at large.

~10 years ago, Charles Xavier begins work on a school in upstate New York with the intention of someday having it act as a safe haven and learning center for mutants. It has yet to be opened to the public. He has taken in a small handful of mutants, helping them to gain control over their abilities.

~8 years ago Tony Stark premieres as Iron Man. He is approached by Nick Fury to aid in the Avengers Initiative. Thor arrives on Earth, his battle with the Destroyer leveling a small town. Captain America is found in the ice and revived by SHIELD. He begins assimilation into this new world. He has yet to be revealed to the public.

~2 years ago Reed Richards heads a research team to launch an experimental spacecraft for stellar study. After exposure to a stellar storm, it crashes back to Earth. The team of 4 gains new abilities, but have yet to be revealed publicly.

Right now the most prominent 'superhero' is Iron Man. Everyone knows he is Tony Stark. He hasn't joined SHIELD in full measure yet, but acts as consultant and occasionally is asked to help in missions. Either in logistics or on the ground. War Machine works for SHIELD fulltime. HYDRA and AIM are major threats right now, in the hero world. HYDRA is utilizing the Winter Soldier for their missions, though his existence can not be positively confirmed.
Charles Xavier has built an institute in upper New York to help mutants gain control over their abilities, and act as a safe haven for mutants. To the world at large, he merely runs a school for gifted children. No one knows it is a school for mutants. But while he is operating a school, he is also beginning to build a strike force to be used for the good of mutants. Whether it is protecting mutants from violence, or fighting against mutants that would do harm to humanity at large. He is known as a teacher and a proponent of civil rights for all people, mutant and non mutant.
SHIELD has attempted to use 'enhanced beings' for their own purposes. They have even utilized mutants in this regard. But all attempts at creating a cohesive 'team' has been met with failure. More than one of their teams have been killed in the field. There have been 3 such teams thus far, one of those teams comprised wholly of mutants.
The world hates and fears mutants as a whole. Many see them as terrorists, and politicians have added to that perception for their own goals. They are superpowered beings hiding in the midst of your neighbors. Anyone can be a mutant, anyone can be out to hurt humans. Anti-mutant propaganda has reached a fever pitch, prompting SHIELD to begin putting together a fourth strike force. A team to defend the world should the need arise.

Initial Rules/Guidelines
1. This is going to be long term. In it for the long haul, not just a few rounds of posts and then gone
2. Maybe post twice a week at least? At least a good paragraph?
3. Romance, LBGT friendly, of course
4. I don't want.. smut... or anything like that. but it should be a mature RP. Like.. bad things happening. Descriptive bad things.
5. A group of.. 10 at the most? Not a huge group..I think people get lost in those sometimes. Play 2 characters if you want, so long as you can keep up with posting and all.

The Players Thus Far
X-23 - Camleen/Ashley/ME!
Wolverine - @Dipper
Deadpool - @Dunruffle
Noir Spiderman, Quicksilver - @The Wanderer
'Average Joe' utility guy! - @Furasian
Steve Rogers - @MST3K 4ever

Please fill out the CS and post it in the Character Thread (When I get it done!!)
Player Name: (This be you!!)
Character Image:
Character's Actual Name:
(Character's actual name)
Codename: (Code..come on do I have to explain this?)
Place of Residence/Dwelling: (Where your character currently resides)
Character's Age: (Chara… ya know what, figure this one out)
Current Affiliation If Any: (Does your character belong to a specific group? S.H.I.E.L.D.? Xavier's? Cops? Terrorist?)
Current Major Enemies: (Does your character have any major nemesis' at this point?)
Ideal Rogues Gallery: (Are there any enemies or types of enemies you'd like to see included in the RP at any points?)
Brief History/Highlights: (This is just to lay out your character's current situation in this AU world. Things are going to be different than in the comics or the MCU. So we should all be on the same page in that regard)
Abilities, Powers, etc: (What makes them superhuman, enhanced or just good at what they do)
This is going to be a 'mature' RP (like rated 'R' type). Are you okay with that?:

Interested in joining or little story? We got room for you! We got room for more heroes.. or villains! Help us to make this a wondrous world!

Last edited:
As long as I can nab Wolverine. I've got an itch and I gotta scratch it, you know.

Anyway, I'd suggest letting people reply and figure out where to go from there. People have a diverse range of favorites, so limiting them to what you can think of right now is probably not a good idea. Then we can throw plot ideas into the oven and see what we get. Fun, right?

Another modern superhero interest check? Well I can toss my hat in if you need any side characters... Some Average Joes one might say!

Anyway, I'd suggest letting people reply and figure out where to go from there. People have a diverse range of favorites, so limiting them to what you can think of right now is probably not a good idea. Then we can throw plot ideas into the oven and see what we get. Fun, right?
Right! You got Wolvie. As a warning... X-23 hasn't met any of the other muties yet. Her story starts with her arriving in New York not so long ago. Which will of course be more detailed once we start putting our story together. I intend to follow her origin up to that point. And again.. if this story goes as I would intend... X-Men aren't a thing yet. Or if they are, they are just getting off the ground. Hell, maybe even Xavier isn't a thing yet. Could be someone else, person or organization, that starts them up. If they will exist at all.
Edit: So given that... if this goes as I would intend... Logan can be anything you want at this point. Logan: Agent of Shield, Logan the wanderer, Logan the vigilante. Again, I would like us to discuss where we are in this universe. And again as I said.. I would like it where mutants are a newer thing. And not exactly loved.

Some Average Joes one might say!
Love it. You have any thought as to exactly who you'd like to play?

Edit: I would also like to limit the ultrapowerful beings. Not ban, limit. Or restrict power. Thor, Hulk and the like. No cosmic beings, please. I don't want to restrict people to much, but overpowered beings can kind of make things dull. What's the point of bringing a great villain if someone can swat them and one hit? Do you agree?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dipper
@Camleen

Depends on the demand of course! From college student to cop, from guard to gangster, from florist to fire fighter! I can do 'em. A lot of RPs seem to be satisfied with my copper out of what I do.

So we have a couple interested parties, thank you! Let's talk about what kind of continuity we want. I like the MCU.. so maybe we use that as a base? Perhaps a time before the Avengers are actually recruited. Maybe the Tesseract is never actually recovered.. which wouldn't set into motion the events leading up to the Avengers being formed. Theoretically. In this universe, mutants aren't a thing. Not yet. Xavier's School doesn't exist.. or if it does it hasn't recruited students yet.

Yes essentially I would love to start from the beginning. Hell we could go back even further. Maybe just as Stark is being rescued. Or we don't have to do it this way. What sounds appealing to you guys? I would like a 'beginnings' story, though. I think it would be fun to see what kind of direction we can take this in.

Might I suggest a mixture of both comic and movie universes? A unique AU to suit our needs. Also, could you elaborate on this beginnings idea you've got? I'm curious. It'll help us build.

See a mix of the two is what I had intended. As example.. the MCU, but with X-23's comics origin. As much as I'd love to play the movie one, I think the comic one is more suitable for RP in the long run.

..... Dipper your avatar is distracting me. I can't help but stare at it dreamily. Anywho..

Maybe SHIELD wants to do the Avengers Initiative, but haven't had the prodding yet. Ya know.. nothing yet to avenge and all. Lemme put this in list form.. see this is one of the reasons I'm not a great GM.. i can't communicate things in my head well!

~Super Soldier Serum developed by Dr. Abraham Erskine in Germany at the start of World War 2. Johann Schmidt takes the formula, becoming the Red Skull. Erskine escapes to America, being involved in the Strategic Scientific Reserve, and then Operation Rebirth.
~Schmidt becomes lead of Hydra, finds the Tesseract. Starts to create weapons with Arnim Zola. The Super Soldier Serum is administered to Steve Rogers, who then becomes Captain America.
~The events of Captain America: The First Avenger, essentially. With one difference, the Tesseract is never recovered by Howard Stark. Nor is Steve Rogers. Bucky is taken by Hydra and made into the Winter Soldier.
~Logan participates in World War 2. Meets Captain America as his squad and the Howling Commandos liberate a Nazi internment camp of Jewish citizens.

~31 years ago, the first publicized major mutant 'incident' is reported. A single man disables a Russian submarine, all hands lost. Mutants, almost immediately, are seen as a force of destruction to the world as a whole. Up to this point, mutants were more urban legends. The ones that are 'discovered' are treated with prejudice, sometimes to the extreme. But it is never reported.

~10 years ago, Charles Xavier begins work on a school in upstate New York with the intention of someday having it act as a safe haven and learning center for mutants. It has yet to be opened.

~8 years ago Tony Stark premieres as Iron Man. He is approached by Nick Fury to aid in the Avengers Initiative. Thor arrives on Earth, his battle with the Destroyer leveling a small town. Captain America is found in the ice and revived by SHIELD. He begins assimilation into this new world. He has yet to be revealed to the public.

~2 years ago Reed Richards heads a research team to launch an experimental spacecraft for stellar study. After exposure to a stellar storm, it crashes back to Earth. The team of 4 gains new abilities, but have yet to be revealed publicly.

Without the threat of the Tesseract, Loki would have never come to Earth seeking it. It would still be in a sort of 'stasis' state, hidden from the likes of Thanos and Loki. For now. And maybe this is where we pick up our history.

What do you think?

Last edited:
So that strikes Cap off the list of playables? Alright, I'm going to try to puzzle this together. Let me know if I've got it right.

All events preceding First Avenger, including the main chunk of WWII. Cap and the Tesseract are lost, Bucky becomes WS. Some time later, mutants are discovered and labeled a threat. Xavier begins his work some twenty-one years after the mutants become public. Avengers Initiative is in its kiddy stages at this point, and Thor may or may not have made a name for himself in defeating the Destroyer.

Maybe mutants and other super-humans are coalescing into splinter groups, which could possibly lead to larger collectives. Which could jump start some kind of story. Unless you'd prefer everyone goes lone wolf.

Which basically leaves the world unprotected, yet safe from major villains at the same time. Which is wide open to possibilities.

• Useful
Reactions: Camleen
I forgot to add that.. Cap WAS discovered and saved. I think it would be the same in this story as it is in the MCU. I think that would be best. Like Tony said.. "The world needs you, Cap."

I think the splinter idea could work. Maybe a small handful of peoples pull themselves together, taking on the look of 'safety in numbers'. Especially mutants. I like the ideas you're handing out!

Reactions: Dipper
Im interested! Are OC characters allowed? Cuz I have an gravity mutant thats been sitting around doing nothing. If not then I will nab deadpool.

Ah, alright. I'm assuming at a later date, then? Poor Cap.

Anyway, so we've got our splinter groups. I'd imagine the mutants wouldn't be big on 'crime-fighting' so to speak with the bounties on their heads, but rather hiding and gathering all the mutants they can find for safety. Maybe Xavier has a hand, who knows. This would be a good way to get any mutant characters together.

I'll think on some other plot stuff and post what ever my brain stirs up.

Are OC characters allowed? Cuz I have an gravity mutant thats been sitting around doing nothing. If not then I will nab deadpool.
I'm afraid for now I'm going to skip OC's in this story. I think I just want canon characters. So.. Deadpool is yours.

So, typically, large groups are safer but more noticeable. The larger groups of mutants aren't going to be safe forever. The groups of superhumans could very well bring the Avengers into play. As its a fledgling organization, they're going to want members. Best of the best and all that.

So we've got potentially dangerous (supposedly) mutants living underground, and they may as well be public danger #1. As always, it's the Avengers who take care of that. Then there's the morality of rooting them out for termination. So we've got a nice moral dilemma for the folks playing classic Avengers members. I think it'd be fun.

And, as always, these kinds of campaigns don't last. Something bigger is bound to crop up that the Avengers can't take on their own. We could probably work Xavier into this that way.

Last edited:
Interested. Though.....I do have to ask. I have some characters that I could main. But, one is from different universe. And the other one is the result of a certain event in his respective universe. So, will some changing of their pasts/upbringings be required? Or could they just been.....Pulled from their time/universe?

[The characters in question are: Noir Spider-Man, Penance]

What prompts Xavier into getting more in on the action could be the rounding up of mutants. The forces behind the Avengers sees mutants as terrorists, or potential terrorists. If one of them can destroy a Russian nuclear sub, then there must be others that can do real damage. And they're on American soil, and blending in with 'normal' people. SHIELD has to go after at least some of them.

So, will some changing of their pasts/upbringings be required? Or could they just been.....Pulled from their time/universe?
If they exist in this universe, they have to originate in this universe. So whomever is brought into our story will have to have their origins changed accordingly.

• Thank You
Reactions: The Wanderer
Yeah. He's the only one with enough knowledge to deal with the legal side of all this, and would be offering the mutants a safe haven. Which would get the ball rolling for the X-men.

This gives us plenty of background for tension should these two factions start working together in the future.

New You got my interest.
I would LOVE to have you with us in this. Any idea who you would want to play at this point?

And as a reminder to myself, if no one else, here are the characters spoken for:
X-23 - Camleen/Ashley/ME!
Wolverine - Dipper
Deadpool - Dunruffle
The Wanderer - Noir Spiderman, Penance
Furasian - 'Average Joe' utility guy!
MST3K 4ever - ????

Look good thus far?

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.