• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Periodically Incorrect
Freaking hell, I knew I forgot something. I won't have access to a decent computer until Monday, but I'll be sure to add it then. Remind me again on Monday if you can remember to.

@WeepingLiberty
I should mention now that you have to complete separate sheets for the locations mentioned in the continent's description. I hope that isn't too much of a bother.

Are you talking about the airship dock and center spire? Not a problem at all, I had already planned for that just needed a snack first. Hahaha. Was there anything besides those two that needed a separate sheet as well?

• Thank You
Reactions: Wryneck
Nope! That should be good for now! Thanks!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: WeepingLiberty
Oh!

I should ask what your plans are in joining the roleplay? Are there any plots you want to join / make?

Oh!

I should ask what your plans are in joining the roleplay? Are there any plots you want to join / make?

Actually, both of the current ones sound pretty great right now.

If you and @Vivian don't mind, I was thinking about joining 'Cure in Makantet' with a Pester?

Was also thinking of taking part in Red City Rebellion but as one of the ones in favor of the current Red City regime. I dunno, we'll see. So many possibilities!

Many possibilities indeed.

With the amount of characters that me and @Vivian are playing in that one, we're actually pretty full up. That, and there's already a Pester that will be heavily involved in that plot (played by yours truly).

That being said, you can certainly submit plot ideas of your own, and we need plenty of people for the Red City Rebellion. Liberating a city is not done by a girl and two catlike people alone! (An antagonist is also greatly welcomed)

Many possibilities indeed.

With the amount of characters that me and @Vivian are playing in that one, we're actually pretty full up. That, and there's already a Pester that will be heavily involved in that plot (played by yours truly).

That being said, you can certainly submit plot ideas of your own, and we need plenty of people for the Red City Rebellion. Liberating a city is not done by a girl and two catlike people alone! (An antagonist is also greatly welcomed)
Bit of a bummer for me, but I expect it will be an interesting read all the same. Hahaha!

I'll probably throw together a couple of characters for Red City Rebellion, see what trouble I can cause as an antagonist. :bouncy:

We'll see if anything comes to mind for an additional plot, but first I gotta finish up the application sheets that go with Kelluva Isle.

Perhaps you could come up with a plot related to Kelluva Isle.

I will say that I'm looking for a potential labyrinth adventure full of dangers and perils. Sadly, we don't have a labyrinth anywhere yet. :(

Perhaps you could come up with a plot related to Kelluva Isle.

I will say that I'm looking for a potential labyrinth adventure full of dangers and perils. Sadly, we don't have a labyrinth anywhere yet. :(

I have a vague idea of something concerning the spire (no idea what I'm gonna name it yet), but as of right now I don't know where exactly I want to take it.

But if you're looking for a labyrinth... Northwest Forea looks like a good place to put some labyrinth riddle ruins, what do you think?

That it does... I'll work on something soon as I'm able, and then we shall explore it!

Reactions: WeepingLiberty
My Humanoid Chibi Bear Race (My Main guy) will be up tomorrow, same as my Faiyras Light and Darkness races.

Won't be able to add anything until at least Monday, but keep at it, guys!

Reactions: Aois
Finally finished these two, I should have some corresponding locations to go with these guys up soon but I am to tired right now.

Name: Stoithra

Appearance:
Often standing a few inches above your average human the Stroithra's most prominent feature are the large feathered wings that protruded from their backs. While much of their facial features resemble those of a human they tend to have more angular faces. Their eyes are also a bit larger and are colored from a pale yellow to a dark amber, with the northern clans tending towards darker shades, and if you looked closely at the corner of their eyes you would see signs of a second eyelid. Shaped like a hawks their wings are most often grays and browns, with true white and true black only very rarely seen. In select bloodlines a rare ruddy red is seen in the wings, and equally as uncommon is a rare grey blue. Black ticking, white boarders, and a darkening at the base of the wings are all common markings seen. However, these are often obscured by the heavy dyes that the Stroithra pattern their wings with to denote everything from trade to status to eligibility.

To balance the wings at their back the Stroithra also have a tail that protrudes from the bottom of their spine. The first third or so of the tail is covered in a thin layer of fur like feathers that match the color of the wings, while about the length down a set of stiff feathers starts to emerge on either side of the tail. When the feathers are folded flat they extend down to the heels, a good foot beyond where the flesh of the tail itself ends. When extended fully for flight the feathers form a spade shape and are often colored and patterned in much the same way as the wings.

Finally the reason for their increased height are a pair of long powerful legs that end in four vicious talons. With three talons pointed forward and one back these natural weapons can be devastating in attacks and also allow them to perch on precarious ledges with ease. Covering their taloned feet are modified scale like skin as you would see on other carrion birds. This extends up their calves where it peters off at about their knees.

Abilities:
Above all the Stoithra value their ability to fly, it is said they will die of a broken spirit if their wings are taken from them. Tied as they are with the weather a power Stoithra shaman can call a storm into being, or lay a heavy fog in a valley, most often they do this to cover the movements of a larger group. Lastly as they have long had a fondness for flying in the rain and other storms they have developed a second eyelid that keeps the rain from blinding them during flight. Since they often travel at, and even live at extreme altitudes it is unheard of to meat a Stoithra that is affected by altitude sickness, their heart and lungs are built to withstand the strain of the thin atmosphere.

History:
What is true and what has been warped over a hundred generations of story telling is hard to discern at this point, but there are a few things that have burned themselves clearly into the heart of every Stoithra. In early days their kind built a great hold, perhaps rough in design it boasted a hall that twenty could fly abreast through, and gates that took five strong horses to open each door. That did not save them from the beasts that swarmed from the sea and lay waste to their hold. The clans were scattered and lost, it took nearly fifty years for them to organize and try to retake their home, and another fifty years after that. Hope of reclaiming their old home was buried away as new roosts emerged, and it would be over two hundred years before the tried to return. Only this time they came under a banner of peace, for in their isolation they finally heard that their halls had been cleared out by a contingent of Mountain Dwarves from the south. However, when they arrived they found the dwarves already planting their roots deep and completely unwilling to give up what they had rightfully taken.

Such disagreements cost them many a bloody battle and countless lives, but the Dwarves had the advantage of a keep and the power of their technology. The last major battle between the Stoithra and the Dwarves was some 80 years ago, still fresh wounds in some people's opinions, and new talks of peace are being considered, but it is still far to early to tell if it will last or erupt once again.

Behavior:
A hardy and stubborn people the Stoithra straddle a thin line of privacy and desperate for news. With battles and attacks still fresh in their minds those who wander to close to their roosts without observing proper etiquette run the very deadly risk of inciting an attack. A favorite tactic of theirs is to wait until trespassers are on a particularly high and narrow section of trail and either pull them off with their talons or knock them off with a well placed avalanche. That being said, if you respect their ways and take appropriate measures they are some of the warmest and kindest hosts to be found (that is unless you are a dwarf). For what is often considered a less developed race they have one of the most organized fighters known, with a careful hierarchy of soldiers, squads, flocks, and migration all well disciplined and incredibly flexible. In the spring and summer they are farmers and herders, tending hardy mountain crops and hardier sheep. While in the harsher winter months hunting parties put their training to the test hunting Mantra's along the coast.

Strengths: Flight, storm sight, natural weapon, altitude resistance, and highly militarily organized.

Weaknesses: Their wings burn like hair so while a small campfire wont give them any cause for concern much larger than that and they will start getting nervous, and with good cause. For all their military prowess they are very lacking as a whole when it comes to modern technology and weapons, often putting them at a dangerous disadvantage.

_____________________________________________________________________​

Name: Dwarf

Appearance:
A stocky humanoid standing at about 4 feet tall with an attitude that far outmatches their appearance the dwarves are a common race that can be found far and wide. Built much more solidly than humans they are also noted by their heavy facial hair that is even seen on the females. Their hair tends to be shades of brown and red, with grey and white appearing in later life.

Abilities:
This crafty people prizes innovation above nearly all else and it is made painfully obvious by the sheer volume of technology that stems form them. It is said that if they did not hide their forges in the hearts of mountains even the elves, in their secluded forest would see the light. Fire magic runs strong in the dwarf's blood and so it is no surprise the they are actually fairly fire resistant, mind this is not a hundred percent, but it gives them an edge when working in the sweltering forge.

History:
The dwarves are a fairly fractured race, with two major colonies existing in the world. The first is what is considered the "old city" and it is the original dwarven hold. At some point a great rift sprang up between the people and a great civil war occurred that ended with nearly half of the population just up and leaving the city all together. The group that traveled ventured west until they found a strange abandoned hold that was host to a great many terrible beasts. They dispatched the creatures and began to settle into what they hoped would be their new home. A generation was born and raised in this new city when a contingent of Stroithra descended on the city. The invaders' spells cast a black cloud across the sun and their warriors emerged from that black. Peace talks were short and tense, but the Stroithra asked to much and the dwarves were not going to be cast out again. Battles were fought and the dwarves held their ground though it cost them. These days they are a thriving metropolis, a expansive port to their west, and an impressive bazaar at their interior, they are a power to be reckoned with.

Behavior:
Boisterous and big in almost every sense of the word the dwarves take great pride in their work and in their people. When buttered up with generous language and drinks they make good friends and hosts but dangerous enemies when insulted. They mix well with most, though the elves have a particular dislike for them, and they share a mutual hatred with the Stroithra after their years of conflict.

Strengths: Their technology, fire magic, and strength.

Weaknesses: Water (have you ever seen a dwarf swim?), pride, and not particularly fast.

Reactions: Aois
Sweet!

Sounds like you also have a potentially major plot in mind.

Playing it by ear, but if people are interested in getting involved I am happy to oblige!

If you ever come up with concrete details, be sure to fill out the plot submission form!

Also, start making guilds, people! There's an organization list for a reason.

A siren-like race will be being added that's native to Featherleaf Woods, so no one go there unless they wanna die.

• Useful
Reactions: Justin
A siren-like race will be being added that's native to Featherleaf Woods, so no one go there unless they wanna die.
Nice to know...

Name: Volucris / Avis

Appearance: They're always female and have a pair of wings rather than arms. Up to the knees, their legs are more bird-like and are equipped with a fearsome set of talons.
Volucris are the airborne counterpart, their bodies are small (not exceeding 5ft in height) and frail given their hollow bones, on top of that compared to Avis their hair and feathers are very colorful.
Avis is a strictly carnivorous species and due to the high protein diet aren't as small as Volucris. They look much older, if they look 32, they're probably 32. Additionally, their hair and feathers have duller colors such as white, black, brown, etc.

Abilities: Speed, Flying/Gliding, Talons, More in tuned with their instincts, Singing /Voice

History: They lived a peaceful life and thrived in the Featherleaf forest until a majority of it was torn down, because of the lack of space within it a majority of them migrated. Mostly Avis remained in the forest, but some (even Volucris) have moved to inhabit other forests, including places in Forea and Makana's undefined island. Some have grown adapted to city life but are often 'babysat' by a more intelligent guide due to their lesser intelligence. These guides are often Androids.

Behavior: Volucris are cheerful and carefree and are always up for an adventure, while Avis is more serious and prideful but still values their freedom just as much. The two species do not get along and often Avis hunt down their weaker counterpart (they are active hunters). Both species are not the brightest by human standards, but Avis has a much higher intelligence. That aside both species enjoy singing, but some individuals are better than others. Regardless if they can sing or not their voices are a powerful weapon, their shrieking can deafen anyone who hears it, some with stronger vocal cords can even disorientate a person, the worst case making them deaf.

Strengths: Agile, Speed, Power (Avis), Talons

Weaknesses: Poor eyesight (Volucris), Not very bright

Status
Not open for further replies.