• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Cascade Falls [REBOOT/OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is anyone else excited for Christmas/Hanuka/Quanza/Holiday you may celebrate that I unfortunately have no idea what it is/ This year?

So is anyone else excited for Christmas/Hanuka/Quanza/Holiday you may celebrate that I unfortunately have no idea what it is/ This year?
Christmas is my favorite holiday but I just haven't been feeling it this year. Probably because it was like 60 degrees this week I: but it's finally gotten cold again, I saw a few snowflakes today and I heard there's going to be a white Christmas, so I'm finally starting to get in the spirit c: Now all I have to do is wrap presents and wait for 24 hours of A Christmas Story to come on, haha. And cook and clean and whatever to prepare for having people over, that stuff isn't fun tho.

Christmas all the way here too. Unfortunately we're in the same state as Neptune here--the weather has been hot as balls. Except, we're in Louisiana so its closer to ya know...80 degrees than 60. o3o; Absolutely no chance of snow, lolol.

Can't say I'm super-duper excited tho. xD All my christmas has already been given to me in the form of "money to pay for the convention" so I'll just be uh...sitting in the corner while everyone opens stuff, lol. Last year I missed out on half the food too--I'm a slow eater and my family has gobblers--and this year I missed Thanksgiving's dessert so I plan to hoard away like...three plates worth of food. -fistpump- PLANS.

Christmas all the way here too. Unfortunately we're in the same state as Neptune here--the weather has been hot as balls. Except, we're in Louisiana so its closer to ya know...80 degrees than 60. o3o; Absolutely no chance of snow, lolol.

Can't say I'm super-duper excited tho. xD All my christmas has already been given to me in the form of "money to pay for the convention" so I'll just be uh...sitting in the corner while everyone opens stuff, lol. Last year I missed out on half the food too--I'm a slow eater and my family has gobblers--and this year I missed Thanksgiving's dessert so I plan to hoard away like...three plates worth of food. -fistpump- PLANS.
It should be illegal to be that hot in December I: Where is Al Gore when you need him? -sends you desserts-

-makes grabby hands at and squirrels away all the sugar- Mm yum yum yum.

Its not illegal but its pretty rare even here. =/ Been making all the deer act funny too, which I disapprove of. D>

Me too! I love the excuse to bake and give people hand kinted gifts. X3 Also this is my favorite time of year I love to snuggle in front of the wood stove with a blanket and cup of mint tea or cocoa~ Also being that big dork to jump into fresh snow first. Christmas has to be one of my faves, I also can't wait for nightmare before Christmas to come up~

Christmas is 1 of my favorites =p wish it wasn't 60 degrees though, lmao. I'm still using my spring jacket, it feels totally weird.

I also can't wait for nightmare before Christmas to come up~

but is that a Christmas movie or a Halloween movie? dun dun dunnnnnnn!

I know the feeling! The temp around here has thrown me all off. Luckily it fianlly dropped back down today. I even saw snow....I might or might not have squealed very loudly when I was doing dishes and looked out the window. XP

but is that a Christmas movie or a Halloween movie? dun dun dunnnnnnn!

That's the beauty of it though~ It's both! It's the paradox of holiday movies~

Okay so, I'm not generally the one to burst bubbles or otherwise be a giant buzzkill, but this is becoming less of a personal opinion and more of a literal issue so...

@King★Shattered★Heaventric★Charming

Please, for the love of all that is holy, unholy, and somewhere in between, can you please limit the amount of graphics you are putting on your posts. I am at home with my family which means I am in the middle of gobsmacked nowhere with upwards of 10 people trying to use the internet and even when every member of my family is not attempting to download the entirety of the web, we are too far away for landlines or cable and we're using satellite internet...meaning it is crazy slow and crazy unstable. Like, think "age of dial-up" slow, only make it spontaneously cut out for hours on end and forget that its, ya know, paid for.

Progressively your graphics are changing and getting more and more intense, and it is taking me a lot of extra time just to load the page.

I don't mean to be snippy, I don't mean to be rude, and I legitimately have nothing against people decorating their posts with colors or tables or whatever, but its getting a bit excessive and in combination with everybody's signatures and avatars and all the happiness of Iwaku, its kinda the "log that broke the camels back" and its making it very difficult for me to access the IC.

This is obviously not a demand, just a request, but please do me a solid and try to limit the graphics a hair. Thanks, man.

Okay so, I'm not generally the one to burst bubbles or otherwise be a giant buzzkill, but this is becoming less of a personal opinion and more of a literal issue so...

@King★Shattered★Heaventric★Charming

Please, for the love of all that is holy, unholy, and somewhere in between, can you please limit the amount of graphics you are putting on your posts. I am at home with my family which means I am in the middle of gobsmacked nowhere with upwards of 10 people trying to use the internet and even when every member of my family is not attempting to download the entirety of the web, we are too far away for landlines or cable and we're using satellite internet...meaning it is crazy slow and crazy unstable. Like, think "age of dial-up" slow, only make it spontaneously cut out for hours on end and forget that its, ya know, paid for.

Progressively your graphics are changing and getting more and more intense, and it is taking me a lot of extra time just to load the page.

I don't mean to be snippy, I don't mean to be rude, and I legitimately have nothing against people decorating their posts with colors or tables or whatever, but its getting a bit excessive and in combination with everybody's signatures and avatars and all the happiness of Iwaku, its kinda the "log that broke the camels back" and its making it very difficult for me to access the IC.

This is obviously not a demand, just a request, but please do me a solid and try to limit the graphics a hair. Thanks, man.
Just to add to this, it's not just Jack who has crappy internet right now. I don't even attempt to load the IC while I'm on my phone for the same reasons, and everyone's graphics and signature does tend to slow things down. Whether you have A+ internet or something that chugs along a little slower, just try and be considerate <3 Obviously, I'm not a formatter, idek how to work a lot of the BB code here, but the minimal IC set up was meant to make things easier on everyone. And like I said before, I'm not saying people can't have pretty posts with colored dialogue and all that, but yeah, just be a little more cautious.

Hey guys. I don't know when I'll have a chance to sit down and write. Things have been crazy with the holidays, parties, get togethers, cooking, etc. I will be off later this week and hope to catch up on all my RPs then. By all means don't wait for me at all. Just keep going. I'll jump right in once I've read everyone's posts. Sorry for taking a long time. But I WILL catch up and will read every post to make sure I respond correctly.

Merry Christmas to all!

Hey guys. I don't know when I'll have a chance to sit down and write. Things have been crazy with the holidays, parties, get togethers, cooking, etc. I will be off later this week and hope to catch up on all my RPs then. By all means don't wait for me at all. Just keep going. I'll jump right in once I've read everyone's posts. Sorry for taking a long time. But I WILL catch up and will read every post to make sure I respond correctly.

Merry Christmas to all!
No problem. It's about to get crazy busy for me as well and I assume everyone else who celebrates Christmas, haha. Enjoy your holiday! <3

If we have enough posts, I'll get something up for those who are waiting in the next couple days and those who haven't made it to this round of the IC can catch up. If anyone needs an update at a later date, just say the word!

Yep I cant wait for Christmas, but for me if its my turn to post then I might have trouble between the 24th-26th and the 30th-1st but I'll get a post out when its my turn!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep I cant wait for Christmas, but for me if its my turn to post then I might have trouble between the 24th-26th and the 30th-1st but I'll get a post out when its my turn!
You already went this round, didn't you? I think you're in the clear c:

I'm hopping to finish mine up in the next day or so before I have commitments pop up again. Just working on what I'm going to do with Lexy-wexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back