Camp Rising Hero (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castiel was confused when the bots didn't do anything. This was not what he remembered in the sequence. Was something the matter? Did they realise that he was not suppose to be there?
They took a second to engage but soon were fielded and charged at him. Rams, Boxers and BBs all with one target. Him.

Last edited:
They took a second to engage but soon were fielded and charged at him. Rams, Boxers and BBs all with one target. Him.
Castiel did his best to dodge and block some attacks with his fire, but still got hit several times over for either not being fast enough or not paying attention.

Castiel did his best to dodge and block some attacks with his fire, but still got hit several times over for either not being fast enough or not paying attention.
The bots gave him some time to recover after the round was over. Notes were taken and the murmuring continued. The kid would likely be in the dog huse, judging by some councilors shifting to the entrance. regardless the mix came in and spread, then the new fight began.

The bots gave him some time to recover after the round was over. Notes were taken and the murmuring continued. The kid would likely be in the dog huse, judging by some councilors shifting to the entrance. regardless the mix came in and spread, then the new fight began.
Now this was the tricky part. Castiel had to move as fast as he could out of the way of an attacking bot while also trying to get his forsaken lighter to work so he could get some fire going. It was a bit before he got hit again when his lighter finally gave way to a small little light of fire, but it was enough for Cas to get a few hits into a couple of defense bots before getting beaten up again.

Now this was the tricky part. Castiel had to move as fast as he could out of the way of an attacking bot while also trying to get his forsaken lighter to work so he could get some fire going. It was a bit before he got hit again when his lighter finally gave way to a small little light of fire, but it was enough for Cas to get a few hits into a couple of defense bots before getting beaten up again.
The Bots came down ike almost a tidal wave on him, and after the test was completed he was sent to the nurse area. Drake was waiting over near the entrance of the tent, being the one who was picked to handle the situation, for now.

The Bots came down ike almost a tidal wave on him, and after the test was completed he was sent to the nurse area. Drake was waiting over near the entrance of the tent, being the one who was picked to handle the situation, for now.
Castiel headed over to the tent, bruised and a bit miffed that he couldn't continue on but rather pleased with himself that he put in his best. Spotting the councilor by the medical tent, he figured that his stunt made them see that he was not suppose to be there. Oh well. Best get it done sooner rather than later. He looked up at the man and gave a small nod in greeting. "Sir." Was all he said to the male.

Castiel headed over to the tent, bruised and a bit miffed that he couldn't continue on but rather pleased with himself that he put in his best. Spotting the councilor by the medical tent, he figured that his stunt made them see that he was not suppose to be there. Oh well. Best get it done sooner rather than later. He looked up at the man and gave a small nod in greeting. "Sir." Was all he said to the male.
He let the nurse patch him up before going "So, what brings you to the camp? If your some villain's agent, we have plenty here who could handle you. Oh, and don't try the losing paperwork excuse. You look far from that sorta background." he said, all buisness, eyes taking on a piecring quality. He was no telepath, but was very good at reading others.

One after another, the kids went up against the robots, demonstrating their skills in a battle situation Rikki had never been fond of. She had to watch each and every one of them fall to the merciless machines feeling helpless as well as angry, scared, nervous, determined, confident, shocked, shy, careful, hurt, and every other emotion the campers might feel battling in a formal setting for their first time (most of them anyway). The tense brunette could see her boss writing on a clipboard, taking notes on the abilities presented to him to be added to their files. She hated to watch them get hurt and categorized like so much cannon fodder; besides, what if their powers didn't do well against non-living things, like hers? There were a lot of flaws with this test and she'd never thought this was the right way to go about their first day. So she promptly turned and joined the nurse (a kind woman she'd made friends with in her time at CRH) in her tent so she could help in her special way. The nurse gave her a glare, knowing Rikki would get hurt in the process, but she also knew she couldn't stop her, so the girl with the feather in her hair gave the nurse a reassuring look and headed toward the patient that looked like they needed the most attention ((feel free to describe your character's wounds if you feel like this might be your char)) and knelt beside them with a friendly smile. "Hey there. Sorry we kind of just threw you into this, but you'll get better and improve while you're here. In the mean time, I'm Rikki and I'm here to help..so, you wanna tell me where it hurts the most?"​

Last edited:
He let the nurse patch him up before going "So, what brings you to the camp? If your some villain's agent, we have plenty here who could handle you. Oh, and don't try the losing paperwork excuse. You look far from that sorta background." he said, all buisness, eyes taking on a piecring quality. He was no telepath, but was very good at reading others.
Castiel was surprised at the direct way the man spoke, but he couldn't blame the man. Technically, he stowed away on their bus so that he would get free access to the superhero training. So, Cas decided to just come clean about the situation. "Unless you call stowing away on another camps bus to get the actual training I need to master this power of mine as 'villains' spy work, then yes. If not, then don't assume." Castiel replied in a sarcastic manner and began fiddling with his lighter. "My name is Castiel Ainsworth. I was supposed to go to the 'Children of God' Christian camp for 'rehabilitation' as my psychotic parents put it, but instead of being treated like I was the literal son of Satan, I stowed away on the bus to come here."

Castiel was surprised at the direct way the man spoke, but he couldn't blame the man. Technically, he stowed away on their bus so that he would get free access to the superhero training. So, Cas decided to just come clean about the situation. "Unless you call stowing away on another camps bus to get the actual training I need to master this power of mine as 'villains' spy work, then yes. If not, then don't assume." Castiel replied in a sarcastic manner and began fiddling with his lighter. "My name is Castiel Ainsworth. I was supposed to go to the 'Children of God' Christian camp for 'rehabilitation' as my psychotic parents put it, but instead of being treated like I was the literal son of Satan, I stowed away on the bus to come here."
Drake looked his face over carefully. finding he wasn't lieing, groaned with eyes shut and pinching his nose. "Let me get this straight: You pulled a runaway from religous crazies...That is pretty close to the original thought..." he says. He explains "Well, we won't immediately boot you, but we have a lotta stuff to clear if you're staying." he says shaking his head and begins explaining the situation to councilors who went from worry to minor dread. No one liked having to deal with fundies, which sounded likely.

(@Ravenbelle @Dunruffle feel free to respond to drake passing the info around.)

Erik nodded in understanding as Drake explained the situation. Having grown up in a similar situation, Erik couldn't help but sympathize. "Well if he needs someone to supervise him I am more than happy to volunteer." He looked over at Castiel and gave him a friendly nod.

@daemon_reaver @Queen of Hearts

Erik nodded in understanding as Drake explained the situation. Having grown up in a similar situation, Erik couldn't help but sympathize. "Well if he needs someone to supervise him I am more than happy to volunteer." He looked over at Castiel and gave him a friendly nod.

Drake said "Provided we can get him to stay, I'll let the big guy knows you want him under your care." he said slightly tired already. he knew since he found it, he was going to be helping out in the effort.

One after another, the kids went up against the robots, demonstrating their skills in a battle situation Rikki had never been fond of. She had to watch each and every one of them fall to the merciless machines feeling helpless as well as angry, scared, nervous, determined, confident, shocked, shy, careful, hurt, and every other emotion the campers might feel battling in a formal setting for their first time (most of them anyway). The tense brunette could see her boss writing on a clipboard, taking notes on the abilities presented to him to be added to their files. She hated to watch them get hurt and categorized like so much cannon fodder; besides, what if their powers didn't do well against non-living things, like hers? There were a lot of flaws with this test and she'd never thought this was the right way to go about their first day. So she promptly turned and joined the nurse (a kind woman she'd made friends with in her time at CRH) in her tent so she could help in her special way. The nurse gave her a glare, knowing Rikki would get hurt in the process, but she also knew she couldn't stop her, so the girl with the feather in her hair gave the nurse a reassuring look and headed toward the patient that looked like they needed the most attention ((feel free to describe your character's wounds if you feel like this might be your char)) and knelt beside them with a friendly smile. "Hey there. Sorry we kind of just threw you into this, but you'll get better and improve while you're here. In the mean time, I'm Rikki and I'm here to help..so, you wanna tell me where it hurts the most?"​
Morgan saw and merely grunted without making eye contact. Like most, she had bruises with ice packs on them. She was trying desperately to not show any weakness. She was taught on the street that to do so meant death, and she had barely been off of it. inside though her emotions were chaotic, but a good deal was hard on her for some flashback and guilt. it was long ago that it happened. yet she was still fucking haunted. and because of that se can't put up a half decent defense.

Drake looked his face over carefully. finding he wasn't lieing, groaned with eyes shut and pinching his nose. "Let me get this straight: You pulled a runaway from religous crazies...That is pretty close to the original thought..." he says. He explains "Well, we won't immediately boot you, but we have a lotta stuff to clear if you're staying." he says shaking his head and begins explaining the situation to councilors who went from worry to minor dread. No one liked having to deal with fundies, which sounded likely.

(@Ravenbelle @Dunruffle feel free to respond to drake passing the info around.)

Drake said "Provided we can get him to stay, I'll let the big guy knows you want him under your care." he said slightly tired already. he knew since he found it, he was going to be helping out in the effort
Castiel nodded to the two councilors and laid down, feeling tired all of a sudden. He really hoped that he could stay at the camp.

Morgan saw and merely grunted without making eye contact. Like most, she had bruises with ice packs on them. She was trying desperately to not show any weakness. She was taught on the street that to do so meant death, and she had barely been off of it. inside though her emotions were chaotic, but a good deal was hard on her for some flashback and guilt. it was long ago that it happened. yet she was still fucking haunted. and because of that se can't put up a half decent defense.
Having focused her powers mostly on the young girl using quite a few of the ice packs, Rikki could pinpoint exactly what she was feeling emotionally and vaguely physically as well, so, given a moment, she probably could have figured out the answer to her own question herself, but she wanted to at least give the new camper a chance to speak for herself. Rikki was promptly snubbed however and she had to remind herself that not all of the newbies come here because they want to. The councilor sighed and just as she was about to reply, Drake leaned down briefly to notify her of a stowaway from the bus running from..fundies...of course. She should have recounted the kids when they got off the bus. Drake was out of the tent as soon as he'd finished his explanation, but the she was worried for who would have to tell the Sergent about it. Given her track record and her powers, it would most likely end up being her and the paperwork would be a nightmare if they could even get him approved to stay, but they had to try and she wasn't going to give up on any of these kids, regardless of their situation or background. Speaking of backgrounds...

Rikki refocused herself on the young rebel avoiding eye contact and found her emotions felt almost...familiar. Defensive, desperate..a lot of it was mixed and muddled but barely anything good. She tried to remember what her name was from her sifting through the files earlier. She usually had a pretty good memory so she trusted the name at the tip of her tongue and hoped she was right when she addressed the bruised brunette. "Morgan..I can't force you to talk to me and I won't be pushing you into anything that would make you uncomfortable while you're here, but I think you'll find that hiding behind walls...isn't necessary anymore. You're safe, okay?" Rikki smiled. "And i'll prove it to you." Her smile turned into a playful smirk as she gingerly lifted an ice pack off of Morgan's shoulder and let her hand replace it with the lightest of touches. Rikki scrunched her nose up a couple times as the new bruise formed just under the sleeve of her Camp Councilor T-shirt, but grinned at the complete disappearance of the injury on Morgan's skin.

Having focused her powers mostly on the young girl using quite a few of the ice packs, Rikki could pinpoint exactly what she was feeling emotionally and vaguely physically as well, so, given a moment, she probably could have figured out the answer to her own question herself, but she wanted to at least give the new camper a chance to speak for herself. Rikki was promptly snubbed however and she had to remind herself that not all of the newbies come here because they want to. The councilor sighed and just as she was about to reply, Drake leaned down briefly to notify her of a stowaway from the bus running from..fundies...of course. She should have recounted the kids when they got off the bus. Drake was out of the tent as soon as he'd finished his explanation, but the she was worried for who would have to tell the Sergent about it. Given her track record and her powers, it would most likely end up being her and the paperwork would be a nightmare if they could even get him approved to stay, but they had to try and she wasn't going to give up on any of these kids, regardless of their situation or background. Speaking of backgrounds...

Rikki refocused herself on the young rebel avoiding eye contact and found her emotions felt almost...familiar. Defensive, desperate..a lot of it was mixed and muddled but barely anything good. She tried to remember what her name was from her sifting through the files earlier. She usually had a pretty good memory so she trusted the name at the tip of her tongue and hoped she was right when she addressed the bruised brunette. "Morgan..I can't force you to talk to me and I won't be pushing you into anything that would make you uncomfortable while you're here, but I think you'll find that hiding behind walls...isn't necessary anymore. You're safe, okay?" Rikki smiled. "And i'll prove it to you." Her smile turned into a playful smirk as she gingerly lifted an ice pack off of Morgan's shoulder and let her hand replace it with the lightest of touches. Rikki scrunched her nose up a couple times as the new bruise formed just under the sleeve of her Camp Councilor T-shirt, but grinned at the complete disappearance of the injury on Morgan's skin.
She gave a slight motion at the sound of her name and met the bright blue wit her own golden, almost as if trying to figure her out. after a bit and the removal of her bruiseand sighed asking "are you one of those types who seriously think they can help me out?"slightly mexasperated. Those wre the types of authorities she could stand the somewhat most, but they caused the most disappointment. she learned to trust them was an inventation to more grief.

-A few weeks ago-

"Doctor Doctor, Pori does not understand why Pori cannot go outside like the humans." The slime slither around the female scientist as she was writing.

The woman did ignore the creature's prank, "Because Pori keeps forgetting how to say in disguise. Also, talk like a normal person. Normal people don't refer to themselves in the third person." Shook her head wonder if this would be a good idea. Sure "she" knew that Pori has no malice in her, she was not sure the world was ready for her recklessness. It took weeks of training make Pori drop her more dangerous habits and perfect her human persona. In a controlled environment, she can easy blend in. The question is, how well will she do in the real world. Would they be understanding, or would she be shun.

"Pori don't understand. Pori is not bad girl. Pori is good girl. Pori only does good things like be squishy." She formed up and rose off the ground as a lump of slime. The lump carved out a human like shape head resembling what Pori chose to be her default humanoid form.

The woman smiled while patting the slime on her head after she finished shaping most of its body. Then she returned to writing. She knew Pori was very hard headed scatter brain who always aloof but the fact that no slime rubbed off her head proved she had been trying and had dedication. Who knows, maybe being around other people in a non-controlled environment won't be such a bad idea. "Hey Pori, remember how you mention you wanted to go camping?"

-Back to the present-
While the students were battling robots, a woman in a black suit and shorter girl entered the scene. "I don't know why you choose this look, don't you know what camping is?"

The girl did not smile and instead rose her hand to block out the sun and watch the matches. "While Pori doesn't know what camping is, Pori is pretty sure the camping does not involve fighting metal toys."

"Does it scare you?" the woman joked.

"Hmmm, Pori can't say that it does."

"Perfect, well think of this camp as your final test. If you do well, not only should HQ let you go, but you will be able to gather the admiration of the public."

"Pori is having second thoughts about this... Will they give Pori lots of food if Pori does good?." While Pori's voice sound worried, she kept the same blank face.

The woman chuckled before placing her hand on top of the girl's shoulder, "I know my talking Jello is not scared. Don't worry, you of all people should be able to do anything if you try. But anyway, make sure you listen to the councilors, stay on your best behavior, and try not to blow your cover this time. Oh and stop speaking in the third person and remember to smile!"

Pori nodded but did not smile and waved back. After a noticeable delay, Pori remember to smile while waving. Holding a letter which explained everything, to who she was and to where she came from. Given this was all ready scheduled, the camp should have already been expecting her. All she had to do now was find someone in charge and hand it over to them. So she started walking around hoping someone could guide her in the right direction.
latest
latest
<-Pori in human form

Last edited:
-A few weeks ago-

"Doctor Doctor, Pori does not understand why Pori cannot go outside like the humans." The slime slither around the female scientist as she was writing.

The woman did ignore the creature's prank, "Because Pori keeps forgetting how to say in disguise. Also, talk like a normal person. Normal people don't refer to themselves in the third person." Shook her head wonder if this would be a good idea. Sure "she" knew that Pori has no malice in her, she was not sure the world was ready for her recklessness. It took weeks of training make Pori drop her more dangerous habits and perfect her human persona. In a controlled environment, she can easy blend in. The question is, how well will she do in the real world. Would they be understanding, or would she be shun.

"Pori don't understand. Pori is not bad girl. Pori is good girl. Pori only does good things like be squishy." She formed up and rose off the ground as a lump of slime. The lump carved out a human like shape head resembling what Pori chose to be her default humanoid form.

The woman smiled while patting the slime on her head after she finished shaping most of its body. Then she returned to writing. She knew Pori was very hard headed scatter brain who always aloof but the fact that no slime rubbed off her head proved she had been trying and had dedication. Who knows, maybe being around other people in a non-controlled environment won't be such a bad idea. "Hey Pori, remember how you mention you wanted to go camping?"

While the students were battling robots, a woman in a black suit and shorter girl entered the scene. "I don't know why you choose this look, don't you know what camping is?"

The girl did not smile and instead rose her hand to block out the sun and watch the matches. "While Pori doesn't know what camping is, Pori is pretty sure it does not involve fighting metal toys."

"Does it scare you?" the woman joked.

"Hmmm, Pori can't say that it does."

"Perfect, well think of this camp as your final test. If you do well, not only should HQ let you go, but you will be able to gather the admiration of the public."

"Pori is having second thoughts about this... Will they give Pori lots of food if Pori does good?." While Pori's voice sound worried, she kept the same blank face.

The woman chuckled before placing her hand on top of the girl's shoulder, "I know my talking Jello is not scared. Don't worry, you of all people should be able to do anything if you try. But anyway, make sure you listen to the councilors, stay on your best behavior, and try not to blow your cover this time. Oh and stop speaking in the third person and remember to smile!"

Pori nodded but did not smile and waved back. After a noticeable delay, Pori remember to smile while waving. Holding a letter which explained everything, to who she was and to where she came from. Given this was all ready rescheduled, the camp should have already been expecting her. All she had to do now was find someone in charge and hand it over to them. So she started walking around hoping someone could guide her in the right direction.
latest
<-Pori in human form
Dakota was the one who spotted the girl and walked up, with a friendly smile. "Hey whats up? you get lost or anything?" she asked, not exactly recognizing her. She was one of the councilors though.

Dakota was the one who spotted the girl and walked up, with a friendly smile. "Hey whats up? you get lost or anything?" she asked, not exactly recognizing her. She was one of the councilors though.

Pori froze as the human teen walked up to her. This was it. All she had to do was make fruit of all that hard work. She took a breath and looked up at the girl. Pori was currently standing around 4'8, just a few inches taller then her preferred height in her true form, so this woman seemed ratter tall to Pori. She seemed very nice though so Pori was not scared. With her expressionless face, she made her response.

"Oh high. Uhmm..." Pori looked up at the sky wondering what the woman was referring to. Was it the blue sky? The sun? One of the small clouds? "Pori did not think she was lost but now Pori is unsure." Her voice wavered from her lack of confidence in her own social behavior. "Pori only sees the sky above me. Is there something Pori should be looking for?"

Pori froze as the human teen walked up to her. This was it. All she had to do was make fruit of all that hard work. She took a breath and looked up at the girl. Pori was currently standing around 4'8, just a few inches taller then her preferred height in her true form, so this woman seemed ratter tall to Pori. She seemed very nice though so Pori was not scared. With her expressionless face, she made her response.

"Oh high. Uhmm..." Pori looked up at the sky wondering what the woman was referring to. Was it the blue sky? The sun? One of the small clouds? "Pori did not think she was lost but now Pori is unsure." Her voice wavered from her lack of confidence in her own social behavior. "Pori only sees the sky above me. Is there something Pori should be looking for?"
Dakota merely giggled in a non-malicous way saying "You're one of the sheltered ones aren't you?" and added "don't worry I was kind of the same way, not as much but similar levels." and soon guided her going "Everyone is at the training grounds right now. Let's go." she says. It was pretty clear she worked there.

Dakota merely giggled in a non-malicous way saying "You're one of the sheltered ones aren't you?" and added "don't worry I was kind of the same way, not as much but similar levels." and soon guided her going "Everyone is at the training grounds right now. Let's go." she says. It was pretty clear she worked there.
Pori smiled at the comment. Though she thought it was untrue, in a way it was. In the right perspective, someone could considered being prisoner and study like an animal as a shelter life. However Pori doubted that was what the teen meant so it only proved she was doing a good job of hiding what she was. Following the teen, she wondered what other training she had to do. Since she could remember, she has been being train on how to integrate with society so there was no way it had to be training on that. "Pori wonders what kind of camper training they are doing. Will we get rewards for doing good?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.