Camp Rising Hero (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Gabby is a dude)

Gabby quickly turns into a Black Widow Spider as he got closer, then proceeds to wrap the BBs in strong webs as he slung from bot to bot.
(crap, forgot. Still gabs can' toally win. they did just arrive afterall.)

The bots scrambled around, trying to figure out how to commpute this. Still no blood or organic matter ran through them, making the ability to bite rather moot.

(crap, forgot. Still gabs can' toally win. they did just arrive afterall.)

The bots scrambled around, trying to figure out how to commpute this. Still no blood or organic matter ran through them, making the ability to bite rather moot.

A swiftly made web tied the bots together as they were figuring out how to compute the situation. They were very likely to trip and fall in this situation.

"Guess I got these tin cans in a sticky situation," Gabby smirks. "Try and catch me!"

Landing on the floor in the very centre of the robot circle, he turns into an antlion and begins to dig swiftly underground...

A swiftly made web tied the bots together as they were figuring out how to compute the situation. They were very likely to trip and fall in this situation.

"Guess I got these tin cans in a sticky situation," Gabby smirks. "Try and catch me!"

Landing on the floor in the very centre of the robot circle, he turns into an antlion and begins to dig swiftly underground...
While he managed to clear out the assault bots, the mixed group came in. and spotted the hole. What came next were a couple of BBs going straight for the bug guy.

▲ t o b i a s ▲
mentioned : Gabby @Crow
interactions : Dahlia @-'ToxicGhostie'-

Tobias watched as the shifter took a few different forms; it was an interesting ability, to say the least. He didn't know how well bug-shifting would work in battle, but he seemed to be doing just fine as of now. Tobias shoved his hands in his pockets, slouching over just slightly as he spoke with the girl beside him. "Yeah, me neither," Tobias admitted with a sigh, "I don't know how they expect us to kick robot ass when half of us probably have never used our powers before." The boy complained, but a smile split across his face as the girl voiced, quite literally, what he was thinking.

"Hey, that's exactly what I was thinking! Are you a psychic, too?" He commented with a small laugh, looking down at her dancing plant with an amused smile. Seriously, he really wanted a dancing plant, or the ability to make plants dance; he didn't care, he just wanted cactuses to dance for him. That would be adorable.

Mentions: Gabby (@Crow )
Interactions: Tobias (@Mysty )

"At least not in battle." Dahlia replied, shifting her weight to the right, which made her lean closer to the boy. The plant looked like it was now trying to jump right out of its pot, the leaves lifting upwards as far as they could. Perhaps it was reflecting how much she wanted to leave already. She watched Ashley finish up, and then saw Gabby go up. His shapeshifting was rather interesting. A smirk spread across her face when she looked at the boy next to her. "I can't read human minds. I suppose plants don't have minds, but..." Dahlia shrugged, trailing off. Focusing on the fight, she asked somewhat absently, "What's your name, anyways? I'm Dahlia."

(I guess Dahlia can go after all of the people that already volunteered. Lemme know when a good time for her to say that would be @daemon_reaver ~)

While he managed to clear out the assault bots, the mixed group came in. and spotted the hole. What came next were a couple of BBs going straight for the bug guy.

However, Gabby was now using the most powerful weapon the Yggdrasils have at their disposal - camouflage.

Where was he? What was he now? The bots would need wits to find him.

However, Gabby was now using the most powerful weapon the Yggdrasils have at their disposal - camouflage.

Where was he? What was he now? The bots would need wits to find him.
The bots didn't have much in the way of brain power but they had minor thermal. they went targetting any anomoly around them. Gabby was not getting out of there unscathed, that was for sure.

(Crow, this Gabby is sounding a little clever with his powers despite being a newbie. please tone it down.)

The bots didn't have much in the way of brain power but they had minor thermal. they went targetting any anomoly around them. Gabby was not getting out of there unscathed, that was for sure.

(Crow, this Gabby is sounding a little clever with his powers despite being a newbie. please tone it down.)

The bots might detect a heat signature below them. As one stepped on the area of said heat signature, the ground crumbled and the bot fell into a hole, revealing a dog-sized Trapdoor Spider.

The bots might detect a heat signature below them. As one stepped on the area of said heat signature, the ground crumbled and the bot fell into a hole, revealing a dog-sized Trapdoor Spider.
Unfortunately it opened up Gabby for a world of pain. The BBs began firing on the sucker as did the boxing glove began pounding on him. And spiders don't react well to blunt force trauma. While got a few defense bots and some rammers, plus a few of the shooters and boxers. But it would be a miracle if he didn't get bruised up as well.

Unfortunately it opened up Gabby for a world of pain. The BBs began firing on the sucker as did the boxing glove began pounding on him. And spiders don't react well to blunt force trauma. While got a few defense bots and some rammers, plus a few of the shooters and boxers. But it would be a miracle if he didn't get bruised up as well.

The spider's exoskeleton was thickening as a sign of transitioning into another form. The exoskeleton began to crack as some of it chipped off. The new form, difficult to identify, digged its way back into the ground.

The movement seemed swift as a large fiddler crab appeared, digging its way up, right outside the battlefield. It began to moult and its shell was cracking. Soon, it turned back into Gabby, who was panting heavily.

"I... can still... carry on..."

That was clearly not true as his legs began to wobble and his arms were not too agile now.

A weak golden flame-like aura flickered from Gabby, mimicking a dying flame.

"I have yet... to unleash... my full power... my signature move..."

"Brother," Sam says, "you gonna keep this up for hours?"

"Fine..." Gabby raises a thumbs up at his sister. "Show them... what we Yggdrasils... are made of..."

Gabby lies on the floor, then raises an arm. "It's OK guys, I'm not dead!"

The spider's exoskeleton was thickening as a sign of transitioning into another form. The exoskeleton began to crack as some of it chipped off. The new form, difficult to identify, digged its way back into the ground.

The movement seemed swift as a large fiddler crab appeared, digging its way up, right outside the battlefield. It began to moult and its shell was cracking. Soon, it turned back into Gabby, who was panting heavily.

"I... can still... carry on..."

That was clearly not true as his legs began to wobble and his arms were not too agile now.

A weak golden flame-like aura flickered from Gabby, mimicking a dying flame.

"I have yet... to unleash... my full power... my signature move..."

"Brother," Sam says, "you gonna keep this up for hours?"

"Fine..." Gabby raises a thumbs up at his sister. "Show them... what we Yggdrasils... are made of..."

Gabby lies on the floor, then raises an arm. "It's OK guys, I'm not dead!"
The nurse helped him out and they waited for the girl to get in before beginning another 3 rounds of testing.

The nurse helped him out and they waited for the girl to get in before beginning another 3 rounds of testing.

"Leave it to me, brother!" Sam jumps in, ready for action and in a combat position.

Now it was showtime.

"Leave it to me, brother!" Sam jumps in, ready for action and in a combat position.

Now it was showtime.
The Defense came out as always.

(You want, you know how the sequence works and can just go all in one post.

The Defense came out as always.

(You want, you know how the sequence works and can just go all in one post.

(One post it is! That is, until I hit a mark..)

Based on her brother's efforts, Sam analyzed the situation. For the defensive side, she turned into a collosal squid to wreck the mechanical mayhems to the ground with her tensile yet slimy tentacles.

Now came the offense bots. Sam's body was enveloped in a giant clam shell as she transformed into a giant oyster, easily tanking every blow the robots threw at her.

When the bots were starting to slow their attacks, Sam emerged from the oyster shell as a coconut octopus, before spewing ink at the optics of the bots, blinding them and causing them to malfunction.

The final wave - the balanced ones - were dealt with by withdrawing back into the now-reinforced bivalve shell and tanking the strikes...

(One post it is! That is, until I hit a mark..)

Based on her brother's efforts, Sam analyzed the situation. For the defensive side, she turned into a collosal squid to wreck the mechanical mayhems to the ground with her tensile yet slimy tentacles.

Now came the offense bots. Sam's body was enveloped in a giant clam shell as she transformed into a giant oyster, easily tanking every blow the robots threw at her.

When the bots were starting to slow their attacks, Sam emerged from the oyster shell as a coconut octopus, before spewing ink at the optics of the bots, blinding them and causing them to malfunction.

The final wave - the balanced ones - were dealt with by withdrawing back into the now-reinforced bivalve shell and tanking the strikes...
(ok just remember: Even she will have to get banged up a bit by the bots. rookies with powers after all.)

The bb bots began shooting into the seems in the shell. well that and just about most of the other spots

(ok just remember: Even she will have to get banged up a bit by the bots. rookies with powers after all.)

The bb bots began shooting into the seems in the shell. well that and just about most of the other spots

The shell began to shatter, unleashing a coconut octopus that splattered ink onto the bots before swinging out of the battlefield.

"This is when they get brutal," the octopus turns back into Sam, "who's next?"

(My Turn!)

Next was Morgan, who had almost a maniacal grin. She lured in the defense bots into the shadows where her aura darkened around her lower arms and started her manipulations. With the defense bots she unleashed thorned, black with dark pulses of purple onto the physical opponents, occasionally using some sort of pupet thing that looked like a gruesome parody of a human body in a sort of puppeteer fashion, and generally laid waste to the defense bots.
Next were the offense bots, and she generally did the same as before, apparently believing in the best defense is a good offense. However pressure mounted on her and she was forced to go on the defense. She threw up some sphereical shield that quickly broke down due to an apparent brief,but interally nasty for those who could sense her psyche, panic attack. A blow from a boxer bot brought her back though and she doubled the attack, but got sloppy. even carried over to the mixed round, which she left utterly drained and badly trying to hide it. from some councilor's instance, she went to the nurse's station for the bruises.

Next up was Zack who at first with the defense bots didn't even display his powers, tearing at exposed weak points in the bots left for normal humans who make it. It wasn't until he began addressing the forcefields that he showed it. He would look for a weak point and with a slightly glowing and bulky arm, wail on it, then the bot. once the aura dispersed he switched to the other, the one temporarily losing color and going limp for short periods before regaining use and using that one. Even used hios power on their chassis. This proceeded until all were down.
On the defense he was good, getting cooly about a hair or so out of the paths of the bots and taking them down. That is except for the shooters, whom he wasn't exactly sure on how to cope with. and it showed. Mixed he did decently, except for more shots from the BBs. He was sent to the medical area, despite insiting he was fine. the nursing of his hands disproved that thought though.

Mia went in and loosened her collar and went into her Giganta form, easily smashing away at the defense bots to pieces through sheer brute force. However she seemed to be concentrating on something. To those who could sense it was her trying to keep the raging storm in her from her powers and own trauma contained.
In defense mode it was mostly just taking it like a champ. However control was getting tenuous towards the end and it was starting show. Getting too forceful and overzealous with the bots. She had been a bit of a wimp before her powers and had yet to build up the pain tolerance to outgrow it. In mixed she snapped and went full beserk mid-way through the process. She was forced to shift back to an exhausted human form. She just went the bleachers, not bearing much if any bruises from the whole thing, bit looking shaken. She let it slip again.

Regardless the search for the next volenteer was being run. if no one came they would get drafted into going next.

(@Queen of Hearts @Mysty @-ToxicGhostie'- one of you are up.)

Castiel watched as others gave their own hand at fighting the bots and, while some were pretty good, others seemed to have tried too hard to continue fighting when they got their butts handed to them. Shrugging, he made his way up to the area, pulling out his lighter and waited for the first set of bots to come out. 'First set is the defense bots to test our offensive capabilities. That one I can pull off a bit. Second set is offensive bots to test our defensive capabilities. That one is gonna be tough. But the final part of the test is what I have to be extra careful about as it tests both qualities with both sets of bots to see how we do in an actual battle.' He thought remembering the sequence of how the test went and waited for it to begin. He didn't have to wait long as the first set of bots came out and he did his best to show off his fire manipulation attacks. The first set was rather easy for him to deal with. It was the second phase he had to worry about.

Castiel watched as others gave their own hand at fighting the bots and, while some were pretty good, others seemed to have tried too hard to continue fighting when they got their butts handed to them. Shrugging, he made his way up to the area, pulling out his lighter and waited for the first set of bots to come out. 'First set is the defense bots to test our offensive capabilities. That one I can pull off a bit. Second set is offensive bots to test our defensive capabilities. That one is gonna be tough. But the final part of the test is what I have to be extra careful about as it tests both qualities with both sets of bots to see how we do in an actual battle.' He thought remembering the sequence of how the test went and waited for it to begin. He didn't have to wait long as the first set of bots came out and he did his best to show off his fire manipulation attacks. The first set was rather easy for him to deal with. It was the second phase he had to worry about.
Regardless the first bots came out and stood waiting. However murmurings among the councilors began. He wasn't in the paperwork, something that was very unusual. Both Drake and Stella had concerned looks on their faces. previous incidents of this always ended pretty badly, with few exceptions. Grant had also noticed but continued anyway.
(@Dunruffle @Ravenbelle you and any other chars with councilors are also free to notice.)

Regardless the first bots came out and stood waiting. However murmurings among the councilors began. He wasn't in the paperwork, something that was very unusual. Both Drake and Stella had concerned looks on their faces. previous incidents of this always ended pretty badly, with few exceptions. Grant had also noticed but continued anyway.
(@Dunruffle @Ravenbelle you and any other chars with councilors are also free to notice.)
Castiel was confused when the bots didn't do anything. This was not what he remembered in the sequence. Was something the matter? Did they realise that he was not suppose to be there?

Status
Not open for further replies.